• Published 12th Jul 2017
  • 2,072 Views, 14 Comments

Guardian of Legends - Unity - The Hero of Harmony



A Side Story to the Guardian of Legends series. After a young colt fails to save his mother from an illness that took her life, he sets out to become a Guardian to someone he cares for, no matter the cost.

  • ...
1
 14
 2,072

Chapter 10 - The Return of Harmony, Part 2


Canterlot Labyrinth


Discord just stood there looking at the stallion, before he just starts laughing. Silver didn’t even react, the same scowl plastered on his face.

“Silver! Are you crazy?!” Twilight yelled in disbelief.

Silver didn’t look back, his eyes still glaring on Discord.

“I know what I am doing Twilight. Just take the girls and go, find a way to return them to normal and figure out where the Elements are really hidden. Considering that they weren’t here to begin with...” Silver replied, still in his dead calm tone.

Discord smirked.

“I do believe you would listen to your little coltfriend, dear Twilight. I mean, you thought they were in the labyrinth?”

Twilight gave a look of confusion, as Discord snaps his claws. The two appeared in a flashback in Canterlot Tower, before Discord made his leave and left them all with the riddle.

”Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began.”

Smirking, the being of chaos then returns them to the present.

“I never said they were hidden in the labyrinth.” Discord added.

“But... But...” Twilight stuttered.

“Oh do keep trying, dear Twilight Sparkle.” Discord said in a mocking tone.

“Maybe the magic of friendship will help you.”

He begins to walk away, before looking back at Silver.

“And... Alright I admit. Maybe conjuring that illusion of your dead mother was a bit over the top, even for my standards, but as much as I would love to relish in your little vengeance plot dear Silver, but that would have to wait another day. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some chaos to wreak.”

He snaps his paw as he disappears in a flash of light. Soon, thunder rumbles once more as chocolate rain begins pouring down.

“Discord! Get back here!” Silver yelled.

Twilight didn’t know what to think, her friends weren’t themselves as she looks at them seemingly fighting over Rarity’s boulder who was desperately trying to get Applejack and Fluttershy away from while Pinkie was just mocking them from a distance, and Silver was just bent on getting back at Discord. When she heard him mention that he tried to get him by using an illusion of his mother, he couldn’t help but worry for him more. How anyone could be that cruel and disrespectful toward a love one, especially one that has passed on?

All the while, she had to think of what Discord’s riddle meant.

“Think, Twilight, think! ”Find the Elements back where you began.” Back where you began...” She thought aloud.

It was hard for her to think, considering the constant bickering her friends were doing.

Silver, on the other hand, he began shaking, his anger now finally getting the better of him. He then roared to the heavens.

“QUIET!!!!!!!!!!”

He then stomps his hooves down which nearly seemingly caused the earth to shake before settling. The girls just all stopped what they were doing, staring at Silver who just turned around, panting. Anger was seen, all that pent of anger he tried hard to mask, the girls bickering just made him burst. The girls all lean back, Twilight with fear in her eyes, her friends with confusion and caution. They never seen him this enraged.

“Stop you bickering, you four!” He points his hoof to girls around the boulder.

“If I even hear a peep, whine, smart mouthing, or even a hint of fighting, SO HELP ME CELESTIA I will give you girls something to be truly afraid of... I am NOT in the mood to deal with your stupid fighting over a FREAKING ROCK!” He yelled, slamming his one hoof down again, causing a hole to appear there.

Rarity just had her mouth agape, and was about to retort, before she saw his eyes and the fire that was in them. She immediately closed her mouth.

He then breathes in heavily and exhales, before looking at Twilight.

“Think really hard Bookie... ‘Back to where we began.’ Where did this all start?” He said in a calm tone again.

Snapping out of her daze at Silver’s anger, she thought again. That is when she had a realization.

“Of course! ‘Back to where you began!’ The Elements must be back in Ponyville!” She answered with glee.

Silver, calm again, gave a soft grin.

“Good job, Twi. We should make haste for Ponyville then.” Silver said as he retrieves his blade.

“And remember what I said you four: don’t make me cross again...” He said glaring at the four washed out ponies, who still backed away.

He then goes and grabs Rarity’s boulder, by getting it on his back.

“Well thank you Silver darling.” Rarity complimented.

“Only doing it so you don’t whine about it on the way home. Now let’s go.” Silver replied as he began moving with the heavy boulder on his back, with a bit of ease considering his strength.


Ponyville


Considering the fact Discord was back, the group was lucky to still be able to ride the train back from Canterlot, though it took longer than planned considering the argument of bring Rarity’s boulder on board. They eventually did get back to Ponyville, Twilight ahead of the group, anxious to get to the library in the hopes of finding the Elements and figuring out how to restore her friends back to normal.

“I’m certain this is what Discord’s riddle really meant. If we get back to the library, I have a book that I just know can give us a clue.” Twilight said aloud.

Obviously the girls didn’t at all seem interested, Silver not included as he continued to carry the boulder. For a pony that was young, he had strong endurance. Least he was able to get a break from carrying.

His ears perks and looks ahead and gasps.

“Look out Twilight!”

Twilight looks and is suddenly trampled over by a stampede of bunnies with long legs, the lead rabbit being Angel.

“Aww Angel... Momma so proud!” Fluttershy said, smugly.

This caused Silver to immediately glare at her, but were suddenly surprised that it became nighttime already.

“What the-- it’s only 2 in the afternoon. Why is it night?” Silver asked.

“Woah!”

Applejack yelped as she suddenly found herself slipping and sliding down the road that was seemingly made of soap. Twilight was just getting up before she gets knocked over by Applejack and proceeds to slide after her.

The rest found themselves sliding down the road, Silver losing the boulder as it lands on the ground and slides behind him. Eventually the group comes to a stop before.

“Um... I meant to do that.” Applejack blurted out.

It was then Discord skates on by looking down at the two, grinning smugly. After mocking the group, proclaiming Ponyville to be the new chaos center of the world, they eventually reach the library. As the girls enter the place, Twilight notices how their coat color is now even gray than before. Eventually, after literally throwing Rarity’s boulder into the library, later to be known as Tom, Twilight began searching for the book that helped them find the Elements of Harmony with Spike’s help. The drake managed to find it, only for Fluttershy to just snatch it and play keep away with it, with Twilight slowly losing her patience.

Silver was able to time it to where he grab the book, dodging Fluttershy who tried to tackle him and made her fly into a bookshelf instead, and does a quick toss to Twilight who grabs it and held onto the book, glaring at the girls, with Spike holding a mop up to keep them away.

“Get back! All of you! This is my book, and I’m going to READ IT!” Twilight yelled.

She opened the book and much to her surprise, the Elements were inside of it.

“The Elements! They were here all along!”

“This is great! Now you can use them and beat Discord and bring everything back to normal!” Spike replied with just as much enthusiasm.

“You see girls? We found the Elements of Harmony! Together!” She added.

However, the girls just looked bored, Applejack just yawning.

Twilight frowns.

“You don’t even care, do you?” She asked.

“NO!” The girls yelled.

Twilight sighs.

“I never thought it would happen. My friends...” She said with solemn, before glaring at the girls.

“...have turned into complete JERKS!” She yelled.

She then used her magic as she placed each of the Elements on their respective holder, and herself.

“Let’s go!” Twilight yelled as she went for the door.

“Uh Twilight, aren’t you forgetting somepony?” Spike asked.

“Nope. We’ve got the liar, the grump, the hoarder, and the brute. That just about covers it.” She answered.

“What about our turncoat?” Silver asked.

Twilight realized he meant Rainbow Dash, whom they haven’t seen since she flew off from Canterlot. She instead just places the necklace on Spike, who just looked surprised.

“Congratulations, Spike, you are the new Rainbow Dash, now let’s go.” Twilight said going outside.

The girls begrudgingly follow, with Spike just worried if Dash finds out he was impersonating her.

Eventually, Discord reappears outside the library, taking notice the Elements on the girls, and Spike.

“Well, well, well, I see you’ve found the Elements of Harmony. How terrifying!” Discord said in a mocking tone.

Twilight just had about enough of Discord’s antics and just wanted to end this.

“Discord! I’ve figured out your lame riddle. You’re in for it now!”

Of course, Discord at all doesn’t seem serious.

“I certainly am. You’ve clearly out-dueled me, and now it’s time to meet my fate. I’m prepared to be defeated now, ladies.”

He moved his claw around his stomach as a red target appeared there.

“Fire when ready.”

“Formations now!” Twilight ordered.

“Eh.” The girls said bored.

The group began to activate the Elements, with Discord lowering his glasses and observing them surprised to see them function.

However the magic begins to wane and powers down as the girls land back on the ground.

“What is going on?” Twilight questioned.

“Mine’s workin’. There must be somethin’ wrong with yours.” Applejack spoke grimly at Twilight.

“I HATE the Elements of Harmony!” Pinkie yelled.

Fluttershy just took hers off and tossed it.

“Hmph. Garbage.” She said plainly.

Rarity grabs it with a crazy look in her eyes.

“MINE!”

Twilight just frowned even more, as Spike took the Element of Loyalty off and placed it on the ground by her.

“Sorry, Twilight. I guess I’d better get back upstairs and clean up the library. Good luck with all this–”

He was cut off as Fluttershy trips him with her tail.

“Woah!” Spike yelped.

“Oops, sorry, Rainbow Crash.” Fluttershy said mockingly before chuckling.

“Bravo, ponies, bravo!” Discord clapped.

“Harmony in Equestria is officially dead! Discord rules, Celestia drools!” He laughed as he skates off elsewhere.

Twilight growls.

“It’s your fault they don’t work!” Pinkie yelled at nobody in particular.

“Who are you talking?” Twilight asked, raising a brow.

“Any of you! ALL OF YOU!” Pinkie screamed as she walks off.

“I’m outta here!

“I better go, too. I’ve got new better friends waiting for me at the farm.” Applejack second said as she trots past Twilight.

“Yeah! I’m sick of you losers.” Fluttershy third said, flying off.

Rarity was trying to push Tom away, leaving Twilight and Silver there. He couldn’t believe this, they failed. He looks at Twilight, now with worry.

“...Twilight?” He asked.

“FINE!” She suddenly yelled, not paying attention to him.

“Leave! See if I care! I don’t need you guys either! With friends like you, who needs...enemies...?” She quietly said.

She closed her eyes, hope gone, as her coat begins to turn gray, a tear drops on the ground forming a broken heart.

The stallion eyes widen.

“No... Not you too Twilight.” He frowned.

“I’m... I’m sorry Silver. But, it is over...” Twilight said as she walks off sorrowfully, leaving the stallion to watch her.

He closed his eyes.

“...What are we going to do now? There has to be someway to fix this... We can’t give up, not yet.” Silver said to himself.

Twilight just walks through the chaotic Ponyville, ignoring everything that is happening around her. Eventually Discord appears beside her, trying to get her to laugh seeing Berryshine sneeze under a large pepper shaker. He laughed as he watched Twilight not responding, and frowns.

“Come now, Twilight Sparkle. You’ve got to get into the spirit of things! After all, this is your new home.” Discord said, wrapping his arm around her.

“...Not anymore...” She said quietly.

Discord just jumps for joy upon hearing that.

“YES!” He laughed triumphantly.

She eventually makes her way to the library, as the sky turned from day to night once again. She walks in and heads upstairs to her room, finding Spike on the floor groaning as some scrolls laying there.

“Pack your things, Spike, we’re leaving.” She simply said pulling a suitcase from under bed and begins filling it.

She then looks at the Elements she gathered from her friends, and proceeds to toss them in the trash bin. Spike simply groans in response.

“Don’t ask where we’re going, ‘cause I don’t know yet. Just not here...” She replied.

“Can’t...move. The princess...has been sending these...since I came back upstairs. Make it stop!” Spike yelled as he belched another scroll.

“Twilight! You here?” Silver asked as he came in.

He looks around and notices the mess of letters with Spike continuing to belch them out.

“Woah Spike, what happened to you?” Silver asked.

He looks at one of the letters.

”Real friends don’t care what your cover is.”
“Friendship is a wondrous and powerful thing.”

He read aloud as Twilight looked at one of the scrolls and some of the others.

“These are all the letters I’ve written to the princess since I’ve lived in Ponyville. But why would she send them back?” She asked herself, reading one of the letters.

”And like the path cut through the orchard, there will always be a way through.”
”The best thing to do is stay true to yourself.”
”Everypony has a special magical connection with her friends. Maybe even before she’s met them.”

Upon reading them, she begins to realize what the significance of the lessons are. Hope slowly begins to come back to the unicorn, as the color of her coat suddenly restores back to its lavender color.

“Twilight! You color came back!” Silver pointed out.

She looked at herself, and the letters and gasped.

“Of course! Spike, Silver, it’s all so clear! Can’t you see? Discord’s trying to distract us from what’s important. He knows how powerful our friendships are, and he’s trying to keep us from seeing it. Do you remember what I said the first day we arrived in Ponyville? I told you that the future of Equestria didn’t rest on me making friends. But the opposite is true! The friendships I’ve made since I’ve been here are what saved Equestria from Nightmare Moon. And now they need to save it from Discord!” She explained, all the while of tossing Spike around with her magic, which only made the baby dragon feel worse, before he fell in his bed.

“And I let my anger over what he did get the better of me. I should’ve been more headstrong than this, but what he did was unforgivable in my eyes. Even then, I knew not to give up on you or the girls and I still don’t. Our bonds are stronger than what he realizes, and so we have to fight for our friendship.” Silver replied with a determined grin, before hugging Twilight.

“It kind of hurt seeing you being drained of hope after the girls just left us there hanging. I almost felt like losing hope as well, but... We can’t give up. We have a way to get the girls back to normal!” He added.

Twilight just smiled and hugs back.

“You are right, Silver. Thank you for not giving up on me or our friends. I don’t know how much pain you must’ve felt when Discord tried to make you lose your way or how the girls all changed, but I know now that we have to fight for our friendships! For them. For me. For Equestria!” She declared.

Silver chuckles, happy to see the bookworm back to normal. They blink when they hear Spike groan, Twilight now realizing his problem.

“Oh...uh...why don’t you just stay here and rest? Me and Silver will take care of the whole fighting for friendship thing.” Twilight said sheepishly.

She grabs the Elements from the bin as the two head out, leaving Spike alone moaning and belching another letter.


Sweet Apple Acres


When the two got to Sweet Apple Acres, they were in shock to see how sporadic everything was: pigs were flying in the air, Big Mac was acting like a dog as he dug a hole in the corn field and sticks his head out, panting. They find Applejack lazily sitting against the barn with some apple cores laying on the ground beside her and Granny Smith just dancing her day away.

“And so I tried to defeat Discord, but none of my so-called “friends” would lift a hoof to help me.” Applejack explained to Granny who didn’t seem to be listening.

“AJ!” Silver yelled, getting her attention.

Twilight and Silver approached her, with Twilight giving a determined grin at her friend.

“Applejack, we’re here to fight for our friendship.” She explained.

The farmer just glares at the two as she gets up.

“Is that so? You want to fight, now huh? Where you went when I was battlin’ Discord?” She asked, pumping her hooves out.

Silver simply approached AJ, no fear in his eyes.

“Applejack?” He asked.

Before she knows it, Silver manages to wrestle her down and holds her tight, not letting her go as she tries to squirm free.

“Let go of me Silver, or you will regret it!” She yelled.

He shook his head.

“Sorry cowgirl, but I can’t let you do anything stupid.” He said, holding her firmly as she continued to struggle.

“Stop it Applejack! This isn’t you! You are not a liar!” Twilight yelled.

She then approaches Applejack, as she continued to struggle, her horn glows as she closed her eyes and touches the mare’s head. Suddenly, memories of the past time with her friends show up in rapid succession. She tries to process all this, as the color in the farmer’s coat slowly reverts back to its normal color again.

Silver sees this and gently lets her go, as Applejack shakes her head, groaning.

“Wh-what happened?” She asked herself, as she blinks and sees Twilight and Silver.

“Twilight! Silver!” She exclaimed, and then sighing.

“I saw a vision of us feudin’ and fightin’. I couldn’t face the truth, so I started tellin’ lies. Can you ever forgive me?” She remorsefully asked, taking her hat off and hiding her face behind it, ashamed.

The two smiled.

“We already have.” Twilight said gently, as the three hug it out, AJ relieved.

They let go of the hug afterward.

“Come on, we have to help the others!” Twilight said, as the three ponies rush out.

They managed to get Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity with ease. Fluttershy thought everything was a bad dream, even though Applejack had to hogtie her since she was resisting, Rarity was not letting the group go near Tom, but Silver simply grabbed Rarity and held her up to Twilight as she used the spell. He then lets her down as she sees the group, and Tom, and remembers by tossing the boulder away. She walks out as her friends, smile at her, while Rarity asks to never speak of this again. Pinkie on the other hand, well she just took it. She just gets pulled by Applejack and the bubbly mare just laughs at her previous predicament.

With that, four of the five friends are restored and all that was left was Rainbow Dash. They went by her cloud home outside Ponyville, with Fluttershy peeking around the windows.

“Uh? She’s not here.” She said with a frown.

The group frowns, as Fluttershy comes back down and walks to them.

“Without Rainbow Dash, we can’t use the Elements.” Twilight explained.

“She could be anywhere by now! We’re never gonna find her.” Applejack said walking toward Twilight.

That is until Pinkie giggled.

“Yeah, we will, ‘cause she’s right there!” She points up to a small cloud that had a gray Rainbow Dash napping on it.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight yelled up.

She stirs and looks down, and grinned.

“Hey guys!” Rainbow replied with a wave.

“We’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Twilight replied.

Rainbow, however, just waves it off.

“That’s nice.”

“Discord’s still on the loose! We need you to help us defeat him with your element, Loyalty!” Twilight pressed.

Rainbow then scoffs.

“Pfft. Loyalty, schmoyalty! Have you guys seen Ponyville? It’s a disaster! I’m staying here in Cloudsdale where everything’s awesome.” Rainbow said, laying back down.

The group look at each other and up at Rainbow in disbelief.

“How in Equestria can she think that tiny patch of clouds is Cloudsdale?” Rarity asks.

Applejack then leans in and gives a smug grin.

“The same way he got you to think that cheap rock was a bonafide diamond.”

Rarity then meets Applejack’s grin with a glare.

“I thought we agreed never to speak of that again.” She said in a hush tone.

“Well, time for Plan B.” Twilight said.

After discussing the idea, which involved Fluttershy landing on Rainbow Dash to hold her down and having Applejack and Rarity lower Twilight down from above so she can touch the pegasus with her horn to perform the memory spell. Silver, however, intervened explaining while it would be a good idea, but with Fluttershy’s kind nature back, she likely wouldn’t be aggressive to just lay on her and would probably resort to asking Rainbow Dash if she would hold still, leaving the timid pegasus with a blush.

“We know Rainbow has a... rather inflated ego right? She thinks those little clouds are Cloudsdale... I saw we play her ego against her and let her come to us.” Silver explained.

“And how are you going to get her to come down, Silver?” Twilight asked with a raised brow.

He chuckles.

“Observe dear Bookie. When the time is right, Applejack and Pinkie Pie will flank her when she comes at me and hold her down. While she is down, you do the memory spell. Faster we get this done, faster we get to Discord and end this chaos.”

They all nod in understanding.

“Now watch.” Silver said as he moved toward Rainbow who was above.

Applejack and Pinkie got into position and waited.

“It’s such a shame. I mean sure Ponyville is in danger, but... It is hard to believe Cloudsdale was the first to go...” He said in a mock tone.

Rainbow’s ears twitched when she heard that.

“...What are you talking about Silver? Cloudsdale is just fine! See?” Rainbow said with her arms out, at the small clouds.

Silver shrugs.

“Oh yeah... I see it... Or rather what is left of it.” He replied calmly.

Rainbow’s expression was slowly going from annoyed to agitated.

“Cloudsdale isn’t gone! As long as I’m here, Discord won’t touch it!” She yelled.

He shakes his head.

“Tsk tsk tsk... It’s worse than I thought. Rainbow Dash, you are in denial. You tried hard to save Cloudsdale, you really did, but alas... You can’t accept the truth and try to hold on what is left of your former home...”

Now she was getting upset, and started to growl.

“Shut up Silver...” She warned him.

“It isn’t your fault Dash. You did your best... But you can’t admit that you just were’t quick enough...” He said with a solemn look.

“I said SHUT UP!” Rainbow got up, flaring her wings, glaring.

It was working. Applejack and Pinkie saw her and got ready.

“I am so sorry Rainbow... I really am, but... You have to let it go. You have to admit your mistakes and look at at the big picture...” He said as he breathed in deeply.

He then looks up, with a sad smile.

“...You were too slow...”

And with that, she was off, going at him like a missile with fury in her eyes.

“I’LL SHOW YOU WHO IS TOO SLOW!!!” She screamed.

Silver stood there.

“...NOW!” He yelled.

Pinkie and Applejack sprung up and manged to tackled Rainbow to the ground before her hoof even touch the edge of Silver’s muzzle.

“Keep her down you two. Twilight do it.” Silver said, still calm.

“You are a crazy stallion you know that?” Twilight said going past him.

“...Your welcome.” He grinned.

Rainbow was struggling to get the two ponies off, but the strength of two earth ponies she couldn’t budge.

“LET GO OF ME!!! I DON’T NEED ANYPONY!! JUST LET ME WRING THAT STALLION’S NECK!!!” Rainbow screamed.

Fluttershy hid behind Rarity, seeing her friend this angry.

“It is alright darling, she will be herself soon enough.” Rarity comforts Fluttershy, patting her head.

Twilight closes her eyes, horn glowing, as Rainbow breathed heavily and soon felt the magic of the horn touch her head. The memories flow back in her, slowly restoring her color to what it once was.

She then began to calm down and breath slowly, as Pinkie and Applejack get up and let Rainbow up. She shakes her head, confused.

“Wh-what happened?” Rainbow asked, before remembering.

“How is Ponyville? Where are the Elements?! Did we stop Discord?” She asked frantically.

The rest of the group just cheered and hugged it out, now all the friends were back to normal, Rainbow just looking confused. However, that soon stopped as they saw a couple pair of bison wearing tutus dancing on by.

“Maybe it’s a little early for a group hug.” Twilight said sheepishly.


Center of Ponyville


In the center of Ponyville, Discord sat upon his own throne watching the chaos unfold. He makes a glass cup appear and fills it with chocolate milk, all the while laughing wholeheartedly.

“Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing.” He said as he is about to slurp his drink down.

“Not as wonderful as friendship.” Twilight spoke out, making the being of chaos open one eye.

He sees the six ponies, restore and wearing their Elements. Silver was just to the side, now a bit more at ease as he gave a softer glare than before.

“Oh, this again?” Discord asked.

He then slurps the glass itself as if it was liquid, before tossing the chocolate milk itself to the side, causing it to explode, slowly making the place a bit darker. The group, however, stood unfazed.

“That’s right. You couldn’t break apart our friendship for long.” Applejack spoke up.

Discord smirked, as he uses his paw to lift Applejack up from the ground, tugging the Element of Honesty toward him.

“Oh, Applejack. Don’t lie to me. I’m the one who made you a liar. Will you ever learn?” He asked.

He then brought the other bearers, sans Twilight and Silver, around him.

The stallion, with his blade out, looks toward Twilight. She looks at him, as he nods.

She then looks up as she teleports up to the girls, causing Discord to gasp in surprise. She then creates a shield around herself and her friends, causing the spirit to look interested and amused by Twilight’s magic prowess. The group lands, as the spot they do land on, seems to revert to a patch of grass and flowers. The girls just grin confidently at Discord, who deep down feels he is grasping at straws.

He shrugs it off, however, still thinking they can’t stop him.

“I’ll tell you what we’ve learned, Discord: we’ve learned that friendship isn’t always easy, but there’s no doubt it’s worth fighting for!” Twilight declared.

He just leans up to them and gags.

“Ugh, gag. Fine, go ahead. Try and use your little Elements.” He said passively.

Friend me. Just make it quick. I’m missing some excellent chaos here.” He said leaning back in his throne, waiting.

Twilight smirked as she looks to her friends.

“All right, ladies, let’s show him what friendship can do!”

“Wait-wait-wait!” Pinkie yelled.

This causes the group to stare at Pinkie as she slurps more chocolate milk rain, much to the the dismay of her friends.

“Pinkie, focus!” Silver yelled.

“Oh, right!” She grinned before jumping back with the girls, now growling.

The Elements begin to activate once more, as Discord watches yawning, unamused. Each of the girl’s Element fired off a beam toward Discord, causing him to dodge a few in surprise.

“What’s this?” Discord asked, now concerned.

The beams from the Elements all combine together as Discord watches in shock, realizing he now regrets this decision.

“No.... No...!” He yelled.

While this was going on, Silver was still on the ground, watching. However, he felt a tug on his hoof. He looks and sees his mother’s ring trying leave his hoof.

“W-what the...?” He asked himself.

He raised his hoof up a the ring left his hoof and floated high above him. The small ruby gemstone on the ring suddenly glinted to an emerald color and glowed.

“No way... Does this mean...?” Silver watched as a seventh beam, a green one, combines with the Element of Magic along the other six.

A large rainbow forms out of the cloud of light, with a large outline of his cutie mark, a green Delta, radiating behind it where the ring was floating. The rainbow then launches up as outlines of the Delta surround the rainbow and strike Discord.

“NO!!!” He screamed.

Soon he felt his body began to harden, crackling, back to stone as it reaches up to his head, where he leaves a face of shock frozen in place. The rainbow then creates a large dome that surrounds Ponyville, causing a bright light to flash to break out and restore Ponyville and everything around it back to normal. The girls land gently back to the ground, as Silver’s ring shoots back and manages to fit back on his hoof, returning the gem color back to red. Discord’s statue then tips over and crashes onto the ground. This time, it appeared that his arms and legs were shackled with stone chains and cuffs with two locks on them.

The group move toward it and just smiled brightly. They won.


Canterlot Palace


The doors open to the throne room, as the seven ponies walk in, seeing hundreds of ponies watching seeing their saviors walk down the aisle toward the Princess who smiled brightly at the group, a trumpet fanfare blaring out. Spike gave a sheepish wave, standing up near the throne, as Twilight giggled quietly. They all approached Princess Celestia, who looked proudly at Twilight knowing deep down she and her friends would succeed.

Celestia nods as she looks out to the crowd, her wings flair open.

“We are gathered here today to once again honor the heroism of these seven friends who stood up to the villain Discord and saved Equestria from eternal chaos.”

A curtain draws open, revealing a new stained glass, depicted the seven friends stopping Discord. Twilight and her friends depicted to have beams of light combine as it creates starburst effect around Discord. Silver is shown in the bottom center, raising his sword up, even though he really didn’t use it against him in the whole ordeal. Perhaps it was just so it would make him look a bit more valiant, considering he did punch Discord hard enough to send him flying when they were in the labyrinth. Despite this, he is shown to have a ray of light going alongside the girls.

The crowd then cheers for the friends who all look out and just stood proudly at the praise and admiration, confetti coming down and onto the crowd and heroes.

For now, peace across Equestria would go on for a bit more.

Author's Note:

Interlude chapter coming up!