• Published 12th Jul 2017
  • 2,072 Views, 14 Comments

Guardian of Legends - Unity - The Hero of Harmony



A Side Story to the Guardian of Legends series. After a young colt fails to save his mother from an illness that took her life, he sets out to become a Guardian to someone he cares for, no matter the cost.

  • ...
1
 14
 2,072

Chapter 7 - The Best Night Ever


Carousel Boutique

Late Afternoon


The night of the Grand Galloping Gala has finally arrived, and for most of the day the girls have been preparing to get ready for the big event for the past couple weeks, even with all that went down during that time.

Twilight, Spike and Pinkie were all outside Rarity's boutique, with the unicorn trying to focus hard on a spell in a book she was reading, while Pinkie hopped on a small trampoline shouting in excitement for the big night.

"Pinkie! Please stop shouting, I'm trying to concentrate!" Twilight yelled.

Regardless, Pinkie continued to hop up and down on the trampoline, still excited. Rarity opens the door, hearing the shouting as she looks over to see the three, but mostly focuses on Pinkie with a look of concern.

"Pinkie Pie!" Rarity called out, as she approached the pink mare with an annoyed look.

"Stop that right now! It is time to prepare for the Gala, and I will not have you put on your dress while covered in sweat!" She added.

Pinkie, continuing to defy all logic, manages to stop just mere inches from the trampoline before making a solid landing, giving a displeased look. She gets off and proceeds to go over to Spike, who was watching a strongly focused Twilight.

"What's Twilight doing?" Pinkie asked.

"She's got an awesome magic spell she's been working on for the Gala." Spike replied with a grin while watching.

Rarity then walks over to the two, looking around.

"Where are the others? It's getting late."

"Hold your horses, girl! We're here." Applejack answered.

She, alongside Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, all approached the small group with pleased looks on their faces. It was at that moment, Twilight laughed and closed her book.

"Perfect! I'm ready!" She responded.

The girls look at each other, confused.

"Ready for what?" Rainbow asked.

"All right, Spike." Twilight simply replied.

The young drake nods as he places an apple on the ground before the group.

"Oh, an apple! Are we having pie?" Pinkie asked.

"Ssh! Watch!" Spike replied as he points.

Twilight focuses on the apple as her horn lights up and surrounds the apple. The small fruit began to move as it started to swell around and grow bigger. In a quick flash, the apple became a large carriage with a small banner on the stem and ornate design around the door with a heart for a window.

The girls just looked on at amazement.

"Thanks, but that is just the start." Twilight boasted before looking at Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, did you bring your friends?" She asked.

Fluttershy smiled softly, as four tiny white mice popped up from the mare's mane.

"Yes." Fluttershy replied, before lowering her head down so the mice could get off.

"You sure they will be alright, Twilight?" She asked with a worried look.

Twilight gives her a reassuring look.

"You have my word." Twilight replied.

On that note, she used her magic again. It surrounds the four mice and the grow to a larger size, and become four large horses, while still retaining some features of a mouse like a pink nose and whiskers.

"Ta-da!" Twilight said with a bright grin, pointing up at the horse-mice.

The girls however, all looked rather perplexed and just confused. Twilight didn't seem to notice though.

"Neat, huh? And don't worry, they will turn back to mice at midnight." She reassured.

All was well, until Opalescence peeks out from a nearby bush and notices the large horse-mice and stares wide eyed. She then leaps up into the air, her paws and claws out as she lets out a long meow.

"Opalescence! No!" Fluttershy shrieked in horror.

The excited cat grasps onto the flank of one of the horse-mice, who whinnied loudly in shock, as the one she clawed was able to buck the cat off it and causes the four to gallop away.

"Wait! Come back!" Twilight screamed out.

She then facepalms and sighed.

"Those horses were suppose to pull the carriage. How are we going to get to the Gala?" Twilight asked.

Rarity then gives a knowing grin, as she places her hoof to her head, doing a mock dramatic look.

"Oh no, whatever should we do?!" Rarity cried out.

Before she looks back at Twilight with a soft, but smug, grin. She then approaches two stallions who were talking to each other among a small group of other ponies: Lucky Clover and Caramel Apple.

"Uh... Ahem. Excuse me." Rarity spoke, getting their attention.

She then works her natural charm on the two.

"Uh, would you boys mind pulling our carriage to the Gala?" She asked, staring at them blinking her eyes.

The two ponies gave a rather pleased grin.

Soon after, Lucky and Caramel then pull the carriage and agreed to wait there until it was time to go.

"Oh yeah... Right." Twilight said with a sheepish grin.


Silver's House - Ponyville

Around the same time


Meanwhile, Silver was back at his house having just finished doing his training session and was now getting ready for the Gala. Even with how big the night was going to be, it still didn't stop the young stallion from practicing his skills with the blade. All the while he was getting ready, his mind wanders back to how much time has passed since he returned to Equestria and how it changed his life for the better.

Seeing the Cutie Mark Crusaders going around town to ask the girls about how they obtained their cutie marks in the hopes that it would help the three eager little fillies: Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo who still don't have their cutie marks, get their own cutie marks.

It did surprise him that it was because of the Sonic Rainboom that Rainbow did as a filly that brought all six of the girls together later in their lives, as well as helped them realize their own special talents. When they asked Silver how he got his, he declined to explain how he got it, as it would only bring more memories of his past, considering it was after his mother's death that lead to his resolve to be the pony he wanted to be and earned his cutie mark before leaving home to the Badlands. He didn't want to sadden the young ponies, and show the pain it made him feel every time he looked back on it.

He did, however, explain that he was surprised when he saw Rainbow Dash perform the Sonic Rainboom at the Young Fliers Competition since unlike the girls, he never witnessed the Sonic Rainboom as around the time it happened. By that time, he was already in the Dragon Lands as part of his training. Likely, it only was seen around Equestria and didn't spread far out enough to where the Dragon Lands were located so seeing Dash perform it the second time in her life, was the first time he ever seen it happen. And it was truly amazing, and felt left out for not being with the girls who all witnessed it, and wondered if his life would've changed like the girls if he ever saw it happen as a colt.

However, all that just returned to the thought of Crimson: the enigmatic figure that appears in his dreams ever since that trip back to Ponyville. Why was this figure so interested in him, and in seeing him release his true potential in using magic? He has been trying months and months to figure out how to release his inner unicorn magic, and even with Twilight's help and the resources given to him by Princess Celestia from the royal library, he couldn't still make it happen. Yet, he felt he was getting closer to it, so close that he can feel it, only to be yanked further down the road and continues to chase it.

"If only I knew how it worked..." Silver muttered to himself as he looked at his gemstone.

Sighing, he takes a deep breath and exhales.

"Okay, I shouldn't let this get to me right now. For now, I need to get ready." He said aloud to himself once more.

He went to his closet, where his outfit has been resting on a clothes manikin since Rarity made it for him a month and a half prior. He smiled softly, still taking a liking to it.

"Guess I wouldn't lie if I get any lookers my way wearing this." He said, chuckling.


Carousel Boutique

Near Dusk


Back at Rarity's, the girls were all getting their manes done and polishing their hooves for the big evening. All the while, Spike was eager to get in and see the girls as he kept banging on Rarity's door for the past ten minutes.

"Come on, you guys. Let me in!" Spike moaned loudly.

Rainbow hears him and chuckles as she gets up and walks over to the door.

"Sure thing, Spike." Rainbow said.

Rarity, however, rushes to the door and stops Rainbow and blocks it.

"Heavens no, Spike! We are getting dressed!" Rarity yelled.

Applejack approaches the two.

"Dressed? Uh, beg pardon, Rarity, but, uh... We don't normally wear clothes." Applejack responded.

Rainbow just grinned as if she was going to hold a chuckle in, and Rarity simply rolls her eyes and groaned.

"I'm sorry, Spike. Some of us do have standards." Rarity said, opening the door.

The young drake rushes in, excited as Rarity closes the door.

"I still can't believe we're gonna be at Canterlot tonight. Our hometown, Twilight! And the best part is that we all get to hang out together all night long!" Spike said in an enthusiastic tone.

Some of the girls, however, didn't seem to share the same sentiment as Spike.

"Uh...I-I don't know Spike." Rainbow muttered out.

Rarity was doing her lashes, and checks to make sure she didn't miss any. Even so, she still heard Spike.

"We'll just have to wait and see." Rarity responded.

Applejack was giving Fluttershy a manicure, and decided to do a spit shine, much to the yellow mare's dismay.

"We're gonna be a mite busy." Applejack added as she looked to Spike.

"Yeah!" Pinkie yelled as the hairdryer lifts up.

Her mane was now flat, much similar to how it during the day of Pinkie's birthday when she thought her friends didn't like her anymore and was convinced that was the case before it was revealed that they were hiding the fact they were throwing her a surprise birthday party.

"Busy having fun!" She added, as her mane suddenly re-poofs itself.

Spike suddenly looked glum upon hearing their responses, as he sat down sadly.

"Oh... Okay." He said quietly.

Twilight, applying makeup, just looked to her assistant and gave him a soft smile.

"Don't worry Spike. We'll all get to spend some time together." She said reassuringly.

This perked Spike back up immediately.

"Great!" He exclaimed.

There was then a sudden knock on the door.

"Girls? It's me Silver! Am I allowed to come in?" Silver asked.

Spike gets up and heads to the door.

"Sure Silver!" Spike said.

Of course, Rarity immediately rushes to the door and blocks it again.

"Silver darling! You should know better not to come in when a lady is getting ready to look her best!" Rarity exclaimed.

There was silence for a moment.

"Oh? But Spike is in there... And he was allowed to come in. So why am I the only exception?" He questioned.

"...Rarity? Seriously?" Applejack just gave a deadpan stare at her.

"... ... ... ..." Rarity just stared back, before relenting.

"Ugh! Alright! Alright, he can come in." Rarity groaned as she left the door alone.

"...Boys..." Rarity muttered.

"I heard that Rarity." Silver said as he came in.

Rarity just scrunched her face and blushed, causing the girls to laugh.

"Sorry I didn't get here quick enough. Had to shower after I finished training and walk and not run here. Rather not be drenched in sweat after the day I had." Silver said as he closed the door.

"I find it surprising even though tonight is the single most important night of our lives, you still take the time to train through the day. How are you not exhausted?" Twilight asks as she checks her lashes.

He shrugs.

"What can I say, I just have good endurance." Silver replied, waving his hoof.

Soon, Rarity checked the time before gasping.

"Alright everypony!" She said, clapping her hooves.

"It is now time for us to get dressed and make our way up to Canterlot. I have your dresses down in the showroom all ready to go so you just go find a changing booth and get ready! Let us go, chop chop!~" Rarity said in a sing-song manner.

They all head down as the Gala dresses were in front of several changing booths. The girls go to their respective dress and head into a booth to begin changing. Silver decided to grab his outfit and begin changing in a separate room, while Spike simply went to a nearby mirror and put on his little tuxedo and red bow-tie.

Within ten minutes, they were all dressed and ready to go. The group all exited the boutique and made their way to the carriage. They saw that the sun was slowly beginning to descend over the horizon, so they were hoping to get to the Gala by nightfall. Silver took notice of the apple carriage Twilight made and was impressed.

Seeing as there was mostly only room for six ponies, Silver opted to sit up front with Spike and let the girls be in the carriage. He figured he keep the young drake company while they rode up to Canterlot.

Silver sat next to Spike, holding his Oak Staff that he used during the unveil of his outfit after Rarity finished it with one hoof.

"Well, I guess we are set to go now. I can tell you are pretty eager to get back to Canterlot." Silver noted.

"Yeah! We haven't been home since we moved to Ponyville for preparing the Summer Sun Celebration, so I am excited to show the girls around and overall hang out together tonight!" Spike replied happily.

Silver chuckles.

"Well considered the amount of times I visited Canterlot, doesn't affect me as much as it does you. But regardless, I am sure tonight will be one to remember." He spoke softly, looking up toward Canterlot in the distance.

"So, what do you plan to do when we get there?" Silver asked.

"Well, I planned out my insider's tour of Canterlot! I've gotta show Rarity the crown jewels, and Applejack the Princess's golden apple tree. And take Pinkie to me and Twilight's favorite donut shop!" Spike relied.

"Donut Joe's?" Silver asked.

"That's the one! You go there too?" Spike asked with a bright grin.

"Dude, who doesn't go to Donut Joe's? Only the best hangout spot in Canterlot. Haven't been there since my last visit though, so I do at least owe Joe a visit tonight." Silver replied with modesty.

The two hear the loud chatter inside the carriage as the girls talked away about how excited they were for tonight.

"Well then, let's get moving! Hyah!" Spike ordered out.

Both Lucky and Caramel turned to glare at Spike.

"Excuse me?!" Caramel yelled.

Spike then sat back into his seat, chuckling nervously.

"Um... I..." Spike sputtered out.

"Oh give him a break you two. He's just very eager is all, let him be." Silver defended.

The two just rolled their eyes.

"If you weren't friends with our neighbor Rarity... Hmph." Lucky huffed as they began going.

Silver couldn't help but hide his chuckle, while Spike just began regaining his composure.


They been on the road to Canterlot, noticing several other carriages heading along the same way to the Gala as well. Along the way, Silver and Spike just chat about different things going on in each other's lives. Considering that the two were the only male party members of a group of six mares, it was nice to be able to have another male figure to talk to. Spike listened about Silver and his time out in the Badlands training and how he is one of the first ponies to actually set foot in the Dragon Lands in centuries, all because he wanted to find a sparring partner and be able to study different combat techniques.

He has somewhat of an understanding with one of the dragons there, whom he sparred with most named Ember. He mentioned how when he first went there, she was more or less a runt of a dragoness, but was eager to prove herself to the older dragons who often thought she wasn't worth much in terms of skill.

Silver saw potential in Ember and decided to see how good she was. Turns out, she was rather nimble and quick to strike, as well as being good with a weapon. While she had speed and the strength, Silver had the endurance and strength to outlast her long enough. Eventually, the two slowly began to respect each other's skill, Ember noting that maybe not all ponies were soft as much dragons believed.

He made it goal to at least go visit once or twice a month to train with Ember, as a means to see how the two brushed up on their skills. Soon, Ember let Silver in on her smithing abilities and told that the Mythril Sword he carried was made by her as a gift and symbol of their bond, hence why he carries it with him as a reminder.

Spike was just happy to learn a little bit of dragon culture, considering he doesn't know a whole lot of his heritage as he was raised by Twilight and within pony society. He hoped one day he could venture out there to see his kind and see how tough they were and learn a bit more.

They eventually changed topics, reflecting on the events that lead up to the big night. With learning about Pinkie and her Pinkie Sense, Rainbow Dash performing the Sonic Rainboom, having to go rescue Rarity from a group of Diamond Dogs who wanted to use her as a slave to help mine for more gemstones, whole thing that went down in Appleloosa between the town and he buffalo tribe, Pinkie's mini freak out over the fact she thought she was neglected and ignored by her friends when it turned out there were just surprising her for her birthday...

A lot has happened for him, Spike and Twilight since they all arrived in Ponyville on the night Nightmare Moon returned and it has changed for the better.

"You know, I never asked but what do you plan on doing when we get to the Gala?" Spike asked.

"Me? Hmm..." Silver thought.

What did he want to do. Sure the girls appeared to have their own goals in mind, but Silver really didn't know what he was excited to look forward to doing.

"Well... I don't really know. Everypony seems eager to do their thing at the Gala but me... I haven't thought about it." Silver answered.

"Really? You never thought about it? Even after all this time since you got your ticket?" Spike pressed, very curiously.

"Well with what was all going on, I never had a chance to think about it. I know my mom used to go to the Gala since she was one of the higher class but I never went myself. This is really the first time in my life I'm going to it. I mean if my mom enjoyed it, then it can't be all that bad, right?" Silver wondered.

"Of course! It is the biggest event in Equestria, so it has to be a fun time! Specially when you are with friends." The young drake replied, as a-matter-of-fact.

Silver thought about it more. He thought about how happy his friends were about the whole thing and just made him smile softly.

"...Spike, I think I know what I look forward to in all this." Silver said calmly.

"Wow that was quick! What came to mind?" Spike asked.

"What I look forward to tonight... Is seeing my friends happy. I just want them to have the best time of their lives, you as well. After everything that has happened these past months, you guys deserve this night... we deserve this night." The stallion replied with certainty.

"Heh, yeah I guess your right." Spike replied.

"You do like looking out for us huh?" He added.

"...Yeah." Silver simply said quietly.


Canterlot Palace

Evening


They finally arrived at the palace as the carriage pulls up in front of the place, between several other carriages. Silver and Spike get off as the former, being a proper gentlecolt, pulls the door open.

"Ladies. We have arrived." Silver said, in a mock noble accent.

The girls step out of the carriage as they look up toward the palace in awe and wonderment.

"Amazing isn't it?" Spike asked as they all looked at the sight.

"It sure is, Spike. I can't believe we're finally here. With all that we've imagined, the reality of this night is sure to make this... The Best Night Ever!" Twilight replied with glee.

Fireworks begin to go off to mark the beginning of the best night ever.


(Rarity) (Twilight) (Applejack) (Rainbow Dash) (Pinkie Pie) (Fluttershy)

At the Gala


At the Gala


At the Gala
In the garden
I'm going to see them all
All the creatures
I'll befriend them at the Gala


At the Gala


All the birdies
And the critters
They will love me big and small
We'll become good friends forever
Right here at the Gala!


All our dreams will come true
Right here at the Gala
At the Gala


At the Gala (It's amazing)
I will sell them (Better hurry)
All my appletastic treats (Yummy yummy)
Hungry ponies (They'll be snacking)
They will buy them (Bring your money)
Caramel apples, apple sweets (Gimme some)
And I'll earn a lot of money
For the Apple family!


All our dreams and our hopes from now until hereafter
All that we've been wishing for will happen at the Gala
At the Gala


At the Gala
All the royals
They will meet fair Rarity
They will see I'm just as regal at the Gala


At the Gala


I will find him
My Prince Charming
And how gallant he will be
He will treat me like a lady
Tonight at the Gala!


This is what we've waited for to have the best night ever
Each of us will live our dreams
Tonight at the Gala
At the Gala


Been dreamin'
I've been waitin'
To fly with those great ponies
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks
Spinning 'round and having kicks
Perform for crowds of thousands
They'll shower us with diamonds
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala!


All we've longed for
All we've dreamed
Our happy ever after
Finally will all come true
Right here at the Grand Gala
At the Gala


I am here at the Grand Gala
For it is the best party
But the one thing it was missing was a pony named Pinkie
For I am the best at parties, all the ponies will agree
Ponies playing
Ponies dancing
With me at the Grand Gala!


Happiness and laughter at the Gala
At the Gala


At the Gala (At the Gala)
With the Princess (With the Princess)
Is where I'm going to be (She will be)
We will talk all about magic and what I've learned and seen (She will see)
It is going to be so special
As she takes time just for me (This will be the best night ever!)


Into the Gala we must go
We're ready now, we're all aglow
Into the Gala, let's go in and have the best night ever
Into the Gala, now's the time
We're ready and we look divine!


Into the Gala


Meet new friends


Into the Gala


Sell some apples


Into the Gala


Find my Prince


Prove I'm great


As a Wonderbolt is


To meet!


To sell!


To find!


To prove!


To whoop!


To talk!


Into the Gala
Into the Gala
And we'll have the best night ever!
At the Gala!


"YEAH!" Spike yelled as he slides before the group to finish it off.

"This is gonna be the best night ever. You know why? 'Cause we're all gonna spend time at the Gala to--"

He was then interrupted as the girls all dashed off in different directions. Silver was the only one behind with Spike who looked dazed and confused.

"...gether. Or not." Spike said, frowning as he sat on the floor.

Silver gave him a reassuring smile.

"Chin up Spike. I know this isn't how you want you night to go, but let the girls have their fun. I mean I'm still willing to hang out with you. Aside from what I said about wanting to make sure you all were happy tonight, I won't leave you behind." He gave the drake a pat on the back.

"Really? You'd stick with me?" Spike asked with a hopeful look.

"Sure. After all we are the only two guys in a group of girls. After all, a bro sticks together right?" He held out his hoof.

Spike grinned as he gave him a hoofbump.

"Heh, right!"

"Now, I want to at least go see the Princess and say hello to her, considering she looks to be greeting the guests." Silver noted.

"Figured we move about the place, mingle a bit, make sure the girls at least have a good time. And then, should we exhaust the time here, we sneak out and head to Donut Joe's and likely see if the girls will show up later. Let us be on our way, my good wingdrake." Silver said as he places Spike on his back.

"Right behind you!" Spike replied.

The two head inside where they see a large amount of ponies in the main hall talking among themselves and mingling. At the top of the stairs leading up to the next floor, they see Princess Celestia greeting all the guests that have arrived and see Twilight heading up to see her.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight greeted with a bright smile.

"Twilight! It is so lovely to see my star student." Celestia replied, giving her a small nuzzle to the cheek.

Twilight giggles as she nuzzled back.

"Oh, I'm so excited to be here! We have so much to catch up on."

"Well, I want you right by my side the entire evening, so we'll have plenty of time together." Celestia replied, motioning Twilight to stand beside her.

The unicorn just felt very giddy inside.

"That's just what I was hoping you'd say." She remarked.

"Hey!" Yelled out a familiar voice.

Silver and Spike come up the steps and approached Celestia and Twilight. Silver, being polite, takes his hat off and places it over his chest as he bows down before Celestia while still holding his staff in his other hoof, and places the hat back on his head.

Celestia was looking at Silver, noting his attire. Thinking back on what her sister said when they came back to Canterlot on the day Luna returned, she was beginning to understand. The fact his outfit was just like his couldn't be a coincidence."

"Uh... Princess?" Twilight taps the alicorn's shoulder.

"Hmm? What?" Celestia snaps back to reality.

"You okay? You were staring at Silver very intently." Twilight replied, raising a brow.

"I was? Oh, please forgive me dear Silver. I did not mean to stare like that, it is just I noticed your outfit and couldn't help but notice... It is rather different compared to what the other guests are wearing normally." Celestia said, smiling softly.

Silver just chuckles.

"Oh, that is alright Princess. I mean I knew this outfit would probably have heads turning, but the fact I got a good reaction out of you just shows its working." He replied with grin.

"Either way, both you and Spike look dashing." The alicorn said with a small nod.

Spike just gave a bright grin.

"Thanks Princess!"

Silver looked around.

"Where is Princess Luna? I figured she would've been attending this as well." Silver asked with a questioning look.

"My dear sister has to attend to her nightly duties, and as such isn't able to join us this evening. Plus, she is also still trying to adjust to how much things changed after thousand years being sealed away..." Celestia replied with a soft frown.

"She also feels as though she isn't ready to be out in public among the nobles, who are also adjusting to the fact I am not the only ruling party anymore." She added.

Silver frowns.

"Oh... That is a shame. I just wanted to see how she has been doing since she returned. I haven't seen or heard from her since then."

Celestia just chuckles.

"You are kind to looking out for Luna's well being, Silver. As a matter of fact, she actually wanted to see you personally at some point tonight to discuss something important with you." Celestia remarked.

Twilight, Spike and Silver just blinked.

"Huh? She wants to see me alone?" Silver asked tilting his head.

"What for Princess? Why Silver in particular?" Twilight asked her mentor.

"That I'm afraid is between dear Luna and Silver, my faithful student. It is nothing worrying I assure you, so no need to dwell on it.~" Celestia replied, waving her hoof.

Twilight's ears just flattened.

"Well if you say so, Princess." Twilight said quietly.

"You may go see her at your earliest convenience Silver, so you can go and enjoy yourself at the Gala for now until you are ready to see Luna." Celestia adds.

Silver simply nods.

"Well, we are going to go and see how the others are doing. We'll talk to you later Twilight. Hope you at least have a good evening together." Silver said with smile.

"Thanks Silver. I hope you two have fun as well." Twilight replied with grin.

"Enjoy yourselves." Celestia added with a small nod.

"Sure, let's go Spike." Silver said as he turns around with the dragon on his back.

"Yeah. See you guys later." Spike waved as they move away.

The rest of the girls were going about what they wanted to do for the evening: Rarity followed Princess Celestia's nephew, Prince Blueblood, outside in the hopes to meeting him and engage in conversation with the royal noble. Fluttershy proceeded to head to the palace gardens to search for the exotic creatures that resided there in the hopes of befriending them after hearing a meadowlark chirping out, thinking it was calling to her. Applejack sets up her small wagon to sell several apple related products in the hopes of getting a large profit from the guests there. Rainbow Dash was trying to play it cool by meeting up with the Wonderbolts to hang-out with them. And Pinkie was in the ballroom excited to get everypony there ready to have the time of their lives.

However, that is when it comes to mind for the girls that they soon realize that the best night of their lives wasn't shaping up to be entirely what they initially imagined.

Pinkie started to see that most of the guests weren't really seeing her idea of a party, and just looked at her as if she was a nuisance than anything confusing the pink pony.

Rarity started to see how self-centered Blueblood was being and wasn't at all acting all like a gentlecolt toward her, being rather rude to Rarity.

Fluttershy was having trouble trying to get the animals in the garden to even come near her as they hide from her to the point she is nearly going to snap.

Applejack still didn't make a sale since the pie she sold to Soarin after sixteen minutes of waiting.

Rainbow wasn't able to get most of the Wonderbolt's attention considering how much chatter was going on with other ponies there, not seeing much of them hanging out.

And Twilight was having a hard time trying to even talk to the Princess as more guests arrive and the Princess had to continue to greet them, not able to hold a conversation for long with her star student.

All six girls were thinking the same thing at this point.

"This isn't what I dreamed about."

But all six of them were determined to not let it become this way, they were bent on making this the best night ever and they were going to do it by any means.

This suddenly made Silver stop dead in his tracks, with Spike now following him and seeing stop moving.

"Silver? What's up?" Spike asked.

"...Spike, I got that feeling coming." Silver answered.

"Huh? You mean like one of your 'hunches'?" The drake pressed with a surprised look.

"...The same. I think it is related to the girls." The stallion replied.

"Woah, you sure? I mean I'm not doubting you, considering I believe in Pinkie when her Pinkie Sense goes off, but just curious." Spike shrugs.

"Well, I do believe we have to just go and see. Let us go, good wingdrake. I fear they might do something drastic just to make their nights the best, and by drastic I mean stupid." Silver said as he goes off, with Spike running after him.

"Wait up!" He yelled chasing after the Viridian Mage.


Silver and Spike head outside and find Applejack at her stand, looking rather frustrated.

"Just watch this, Spike." He said quietly to the drake, who nods.

"Hey there AJ." Silver greeted with a soft smile.

"Oh, howdy Silver. Howdy Spike." AJ greeted back, but without much enthusiasm.

"Hmm... I take it you aren't doing too well here huh?" Silver asked, noticing how she only seemed to sell one thing and nothing else.

"I just dun get it, Silver. At first, selling a pie to one of them Wonderbolts was sure enough to help spark some sort of business here... But it isn't turnin' out how I planned..." AJ replied glumly.

"Well, I think it is mostly because the Gala already provides catering inside. Expected yes, but really, those hors d'oeuvres aren't really cracked up to be." Silver explained.

That made Applejack realize her problem.

"Well, no wonder nopony wants my food. They're fillin' up on those fancy-schmancy vittles! I'll just have to prove my down-home apples are plenty good for this crowd." Applejack said with a determined look.

"Yeah, you could do that. Or... You can follow my league and potential stop yourself from doing something rather stupid." He said.

"Just play along." He whispered.

He clears his throat.

"Greetings my good friend. I must be honest, these apple products you have do look simply divine. I mean, I know the Gala has some rather talented culinary artists already catering here, but as one of the many Canterlot elite I do like to be diverse when it comes to eats." Silver said in a rather high-class tone.

Most of the ponies all look at him, getting their attention. Spike was trying to suppress a giggle fit because it was rather humorous to see Silver, who was down to earth most of the time, act like most Canterlot ponies, only for a good cause.

"Now I know what you are all saying, 'But dear chap, why should we even bother with something like these when we are already provide with food for free?'" Silver continued.

"Well my good sir, you will get what you pay for in quality. This lovely mare right here..." Silver walks over to Applejack, who just looks at him with the most awkward look, before she looks around and gives an innocent smile and wave.

"...She is a hard-working, determined pony in society. Now, Applejack dear, could you explain where you are from and your occupation?" Silver asked.

Applejack just took a moment to see she was on the spot, but sort of got the idea at what Silver was doing. With that, she plays along.

"Well partner." She then takes her hat off and places it over her chest.

"I hail all the way from Ponyville. I'm a hard-working pony of Sweet-Apple Acres, which has been a part of Ponyville history since my Granny's parents founded Ponyville. We strive to grow and sell our apples to everypony in Ponyville, all year round." Applejack explained.

"And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it because of Princess Celestia that your family was able to start making a living and eventually make Ponyville into the community it is today?" Silver asked.

"That's right partner." Applejack replied with a humble look.

"As you can see my good ponies, Applejack is just as much in the higher class as the rest of you of Canterlot. Her family founded a whole town and started a rather successful business, where all sorts of ponies thrive together. This mare simply wants you good folks of Canterlot to at least sample the deliciousness that is a fine apple product from Sweet-Apple Acres." Silver said as he placed his hat to his chest as he looked up to the sky.

"Help your fellow pony out. You won't come to regret it. After all, she is one of the ponies that did help bring back Princess Luna, being one of the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. She is an Honest and humble pony, and when she says that she sells the finest products that Equestria has to offer, she is telling the truth." Silver places his hat back on his head.

"With that in mind, Applejack? May I have a two apple fritters?" Silver asked.

"And I'll have some apple fries!" Spike said as he hopped onto Silver's back.

Applejack just smiled and chuckles.

"Of course you can, sugarcubes. That would be five bits." She replied.

"Let me Spike." Silver said, as he places five bits on the counter and received the fritters and fries.

"Thank you AJ." Silver nods his head down.

"Don't mention it partner." She waved her hoof.

"I do hope you fine folks take this into consideration. After all as I said: you get what you pay for." Silver added as he took a bite of the fritter and begins to trot past the crowd with Spike in tow.

The ponies all murmured before one eventually walks up to the counter.

"Um, excuse me miss? Would it be alright if I try one of those caramel apples?" The mare asked.

"And could I perhaps try a fritter?" Another pony asked approaching the counter.

Soon a line began to form before Applejack's stand. Applejack couldn't believe she was seeing this, Silver actually got them to come to her just like that. Happiness began to well up inside the mare, before she tries to get order in on her customers.

"Alright! Alright everypony, simmer down a sit. Just form up a neat line and I'll be happy to serve y'all!" Applejack said with glee.

She looks and sees Silver and Spike, with the former looking to her, winking with grin.

She then mouths 'thank you' to him. He nods as the two go off to another part of the Gala with Spike, who was happily munching on the apple fries.

"Wow Silver! That was incredible the way you hooked all those guests to come to AJ's stand like that. How did you do that?" Spike asked.

"Heh, well when you are dealing with the class of Canterlot and knowing how they are, you just got to get to their level, their understanding. Besides, my mom was a pretty good salespony, I just took some cues from her and overtime, improved on my speech and charisma." Silver points out.

"Well, at least Applejack's night would be one to remember, since you helped her out like that. But are you sure we could manage to help the girls' night as well? They are spread all over the place so it would be hard to try to help the rest of them out." Spike noted.

"Well my friend, we just gotta live for the challenge. I say we head back in the ballroom, because I feel that is where we will find Pinkie. Best we get to her, before something of a real doozy happens." Silver said, biting into another fritter.

"You mean more of a doozy than when Twilight finally believed Pinkie and her Pinkie Sense?" Spike laughed.

"This is Pinkie Pie we are talking about, she is a doozy in of it herself." Silver said as the two head for the ballroom.


They reached the ballroom they see Pinkie trying to think of a way to get all the ponies in there to actually have fun. Her attempts have done nothing but simply annoy everyone in the room. She had an idea, but before she could go an enact it, she notices Silver and Spike enter the ballroom.

"Silver! Spike!" Pinkie screamed, much to the dismay of the other guests.

"Oh boy, ponies are not liking Pinkie's behavior. Better step-in quick and resolve this." Silver thought to himself.

"Hey Pinkie." Spike and Silver said at the same time.

"You seem to be having a good time Pinkie." Silver said.

Pinkie then frowned.

"Well I'm trying to show all these ponies how to party, but they don't seem like they get the grasp of what a 'party' is! I was about to talk to the band and get them to play what I like to call 'The Pony Pokey'!" She said with a bright grin.

"Hmm... Well I suppose that would liven up the party. But if I could make one other suggestion, just follow me lead." Silver said with a soft grin.

"Okie dokie lokie then!" Pinkie grinned.

Waiting for the band to finish their current piece, the stallion took it upon himself to get up on stage.

"May I for a moment before you start your next piece? Give you guys a quick five to relax." Silver points out.

They thought for a moment, but simply nod since he asked and didn't act like Pinkie who just rudely bothered them as they played.

"Thank you." Silver bowed.

"Excuse me! May I have everypony's undivided attention?" Silver said through the microphone.

All the guests stopped what they were doing and looked at Silver.

"Good evening. It is wonderful to see a bunch of beautiful and excellent ponies here tonight to enjoy one of Equestria's biggest events of the year, so give yourselves a round of applause for being able to show up here tonight." He said as he stomps his hooves.

At first, the ponies look at him as if he was just as odd as Pinkie, but eventually some begin to follow him and eventually all applaud. For most of them, they were happy to be here tonight.

"Now, from I can gather. The Grand Galloping Gala, is an event that anypony in Equestria would want to be a part of. A time to celebrate, when our fine city of Canterlot was built and completed since the founding of Equestria itself. This has been going strong for centuries, not sure which one this would be as this is the very first Gala I have ever attended, and I am sure there are a lot of you that is the first time you have come here tonight." Silver said.

"Raise of hooves, which of all of you is this the first Gala you attended?" Silver asked, as he raised his hoof.

He saw as several ponies, including Pinkie and Spike, raising their hooves, and claw, up in the air. He was pretty sure he saw Rainbow Dash doing the same who was way in the back near the VIP section.

"Wow, well for the first timers, this is a great treat to be here tonight isn't it?" He asked.

Several of the guests yell out 'Yeah!', 'It is!', and from Pinkie, 'WOOHOO!'.

"That is great. This is great. Now, I wish to reflect this for a moment. The Gala is a time to celebrate the completion of Canterlot, and as such, many of Canterlot's elite are here tonight. As well, many guests not even from Canterlot are attending the event, from Ponyville to Manehatten to Fillydephia to Cloudsdale, as with the Wonderbolts who are attending, and I must say they put on a pretty good performance, am I right? Am I right?" Silver asked.

They all gave yells of agreement and applause as the Wonderbolts themselves just look and felt pride and proud.

"Yeah it is wonderful. Many of us likely came to the Gala in the hopes that they pictured it being the best night of their lives. All of us did, my friends especially did. Like Pinkie here." Silver said as he points to Pinkie, who waves eagerly.

"Hi everypony!~" She yelled out.

"Now, I'm pretty sure she probably soured your mood because of her behavior. But you have to understand something, my fine mares and gentlecolts: Pinkie Pie is regarded as one of the most friendliest, happiest, bubbly little pony you would ever meet. Plus, she is one killer party planner, as this mare is able to plan from birthdays to even events that would likely be on this scale as the Gala. She is that talented in her craft, plus she just loves to make everypony happy and Laugh." Silver points out.

"You ponies, can't tell me for even a fraction of a second... That you got just a tiny bit giddy when you seen this face for the first time."

Pinkie then gives the brightest grin that was just too precious for words. Several ponies, most who were annoyed with her, couldn't help but stay mad at that face and that energy she gave off.

"All my friends have come here tonight, each wanting to make their special night magically. What did you hope you would experience when you came here tonight, Pinkie?" Silver asked.

"Well, I always imagined the Grand Galloping Gala as a huge party with fun and games and laughter! I think of it as the party of parties!" Pinkie answered as she hopped happily.

Some of the guest chuckled.

"But... When I tried to show how excited I was and try to get everypony's spirits up they simply thought the opposite..." She said with a bit of sadness.

"So it wasn't what you were hoping for right?" Silver asked.

She nods.

"Well I can understand that Pinkie. I'm sure everypony here when they first came to the Gala, they had high expectations too, but were probably let down that it wasn't what they were dreaming about. So don't beat yourself over it too much Pinkie." He pats the pink mare's head.

She then giggles.

"Alrighty then!~"

Several of the guests all looked at each other and started to think about the first time they came to the Gala and likely feeling the same way the girls were feeling now.

"And let's see... Dash!" Silver called out to Rainbow Dash, who was far in the back.

"Wha?" She asked confused.

"What did you hope to do when we came here tonight?" Silver asked.

Rainbow looks toward the Wonderbolts, as they all looked at the mare.

"Well... I hoped to hang out with the Wonderbolts and possibly discuss some awesome stunts and tricks they may or may not know!" She replied.

"And they remembered what you did on the day of the Best Fliers Competition right?" Silver asked.

Spitfire then replied.

"You know it! If it wasn't for Rainbow Dash, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even be here tonight."

Dash gave a proud grin upon hearing hearing her accomplishment. Silver nods.

"That was one day for the history books in Cloudsdale I bet. Plus... The fact she was able to win the competition while saving your lives, by performing the Sonic Rainboom." Silver pointed out.

"And I'm sure even you all here in Canterlot, saw it. The thing pretty much shot over the sky and would be seen for miles from here to Appleloosa."

Most of the guest nodded and even commented on it as it was something they never seen before.

"Rainbow Dash is a brave, courageous, awesome, but overall the most Loyal pony I ever come to know. She never leaves a friend behind no matter the danger. There is a reason why she is considered the fastest flier in all of Equestria." He added with a soft smile.


Princess Celestia and Twilight continued to greet the guests, much to Twilight's dismay and tired arm from shaking so many hooves. However, they begin to notice how the line started to die down and saw several of the guest all converging toward the ballroom.

"Hmm? Wonder what everypony is doing huddled by the ballroom for." Twilight asked.

"I am not sure. Perhaps we should go see, now that the guests seem more occupied with that than us for the moment." Celestia said as she goes up the set of stairs.

With Twilight following her as they approach another set of doors that overlook the ballroom, hearing Silver's voice talking out.

"Sounds like Silver talking." Twilight points out.

Celestia opens the doors and enters the small booth that overlooks the ballroom, sure enough everypony in the room was focused on Silver who was on the stage before the band talking through the microphone.

"Rainbow Dash is a brave, courageous, awesome, but overall the most Loyal pony I ever come to know. She never leaves a friend behind no matter the danger. There is a reason why she is considered the fastest flier in all of Equestria." He added with a soft smile.

Both the princess and student look at each other and simply listen.


"I'm sure you met the good pony outside at the apple stand. My good friend Applejack." Silver said, noticing several ponies who appeared to be munching on several apple based treats.

"See, I told you that you got what you paid for did I not?" He asked laughing.

"They are simply divine good sir!" One pony replied.

"Perhaps I should request making orders from this Sweet-Apple Acres for more pies." Another pony said.

Silver and Spike grinned as some of the guests begin to head outside to meet Applejack to try some of the food as well after seeing several guests eating some pie slices and fritters.

"Heads up AJ! Got several more coming to ya!" He shouts.

They then heard a faint 'Yee-haw!' outside. Silver, Spike, Pinkie and Dash all laughed, and eventually everypony else in the crowd joined.

"Okay okay that was perfect timing." Silver calmed down.

He then looks up and sees Twilight and Celestia in the balcony overlooking the room.

"Oh, how can I forget my oldest friend I known since I was colt? Twilight Sparkle!" Silver points up at the two, as the guests look up and sees the two.

"W-what is going on here Silver?" Twilight asked feeling awkward with every guest looking at the two.

"Nothing much Bookie, just showing these ponies about having a good time." Silver grinned.

Twilight scrunched her face and blushed, hiding the fact he used that name in front of everypony. Celestia looks down at her and stifles a giggle finding the nickname and her student's response adorable.

"But in all fairness, what can be said about Twilight? A very bright, intelligent, dedicated mare under the tutelage of our fair Princess Celestia. I known Twilight since I was younger and we were pretty good friends, both had a fondness of reading and the like." He chuckled.

"I was happy to see her again after all these years, still the same filly I remembered from my time as a colt. The lust for knowledge grows strong in this one." Silver joked.

The crowd chuckles.

"She is a gifted unicorn, strong prevalence in Magic, and learning all there is to know about the friendship and how it is the most powerful form of magic there is. Call it a 'hunch', but I often think Twilight, as well as all my friends, have a bright future ahead of them. What that future will entail, I do not know."

Twilight looks at him, having regained composure from the pet name, but smiled softly feeling touched by his speech. She never knew he was this gifted in speech. Celestia, taking the words he said about what the future hold for Twilight, she gives a knowing grin. Perhaps this year's Gala was going to be one worth remembering.

"Now, I have two other friends that seem to be missing. Figured they would be here, considering how big the crowd got since I been up here..."

He then thinks and grins.

"Well folks, I just want to say that the Gala is something to celebrate and regardless of your class in society, we are all ponies living in a big world together. This is a party after all, so why not just sit back and kick it?" Silver grinned.

"Now, do you want a party... Or do you want a PAAARTAAY?" He yelled as he points his hoof out.

Soon the room erupts in cheering. Pinkie showing the most excitement.

"Pinkie, come up here for a second." He asked the mare.

"Yeess, Silver?" Pinkie asked.

"I still have to help out Fluttershy and Rarity. For now Spike, hang loose here for now." He explained.

He gives a salute.

"You got it! You were able to turn this all around, now it is starting to feel like a real party!" He replied.

"Pinkie... Now that everypony is likely more relaxed and loose from that speech I went through." He then gets close and whispers something in her ear.

Her eyes widen and grins brightly.

"Oh YEAH! That is my type of JAM!" Pinkie said excitedly.

Silver then looks toward the celloist, Octavia Melody, who was from Ponyville as well after seeing her several times in town. He asked about the fact there was a DJ sound mixer by the stage and she explained that her roommate and friend Vinyl Scratch, better known as DJ-PON3, was also invited to the Gala. She brought her equipment feeling the need that if it was going to be a party that they want to be jammin, much to the dismay of Octavia, but she went somewhere else in the Gala some time ago and hasn't come back. Octavia figures Vinyl wandered somewhere and likely got lost considering the amount of ponies here.

Sure enough, the DJ unicorn soon comes back, wearing purple tinted glasses and headphones with music was playing out of them while she bopped her head to the beat.

"Vinyl! Where have you been? You left like an hour ago." Octavia asked rather cross.

Of course, Vinyl takes her headphones off and simply shrugged.

"Ugh, Vinyl I swear sometimes..." She mumbled.

She then explains about Pinkie's idea that Silver shared and the DJ gave a bright grin and nod knowing exactly what to do, as she starts getting her sound mixer ready.

"Anyway folks, enjoy the rest of your evening. In the meantime, my friend Pinkie is about get this party started for real. Silver Guardian, out!" He then drops the mic as he waves his arm up and exits the stage.

The guests all cheered and applaud as Silver walks off stage and goes past the crowd heading outside to go find Rarity and Fluttershy.


Twilight and Celestia just see as how everypony was just now more lively and even more excited. Twilight was just unable to comprehend it all.

"I-I can't believe it. Silver was able to... Liven up the Gala just by talking to them all."

Celestia, on the other hand, was just pleased.

"You have one special friend my faithful student. The fact that one pony with as much charisma and dedication to help his friends out was able to turn this Gala around... I believe it was the best decision to invite you all here tonight." Celestia said.

Twilight looks up at her.

"Huh? What do you mean by that Princess?" She tilts her head.

"All in good time Twilight. For now, let us enjoy the time we have now. After all, that was Silver's intention for us: to be able to spend the time and talk about you time in Ponyville and what you learned, was it not?" She asked.

Twilight blinks and then grins brightly. She is right, there was nopony able to distract them from talking now. Silver was able to help make Twilight's night more worthwhile.

"It certainly was Princess!" Twilight said with glee.

She then looked to where Silver left as he went outside to the gardens.

"Thank you, Silver..." Twilight said to herself.


Silver wandered outside and heads for the palace garden, where she was sure she heard Fluttershy not acting like herself. Sure enough, when she found her, she was caught in a net after he heard her cackling like a mad mare.

"Uh, Fluttershy? Can I ask why you are in that net?" Silver asked, furrowing a brow.

Fluttershy then stammered.

"U-uh well you see... Um."

He just rolls his eyes chuckling and helps her down.

"Thank you Silver... But why are you out here and not at the party?" She asked.

"I came to look for you and Rarity actually. Believe it or not, I just had a hunch that something was wrong and I'm going about helping you and the girls out." Silver replied.

"You... Had a hunch that I was upset?" She asked tilting her head.

"Hey, when have my hunches ever steered me wrong?" Silver shrugged.

Fluttershy thought for a moment, but sighed.

"It's terrible Silver. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get any of the exotic animals to come to me. They always hide from me when I try to approach them." She explains.

Silver listens to how she been trying to do outlandish methods of just trying to befriend the animals, some of which Silver found a bit... Off-putting for her standards.

"I see. Well, Fluttershy you have to understand that the creatures here aren't like the ones back around Ponyville since they are used to being around other ponies and are capable of coming to you without much trouble. The animals here, though, are from different parts of the world and are likely from areas where there isn't much interaction between them and ponies." He explains.

"They are scared because they aren't used to being around a pony or likely never adapted to being around ponies before and are just going off their natural instinct." He added.

"Well... I suppose that makes sense. But, I just really want to show these animals I really mean no harm... And just get to know them better." Fluttershy said sadly.

He pats her shoulder.

"I know Flutters, you are a Kind and gentle pony and love animals to no end. I am sure if you give them the time, start with a type of animal that you are most likely familiar seeing and talking to, and get to know them a bit. Eventually, once the other exotic creatures see you communicate with one and then more, they will eventually come around and come to you." He explained with grin.

"You just need to be patient with them and not rush or force them to come to you... Like you been doing with setting traps. Really Fluttershy, you are the kind of pony not to do that." He said sheepishly grinning.

She nods, acknowledging it.

"Aw... I just feel terrible for doing this to them. I should know better than this as a caretaker of cute animals..." She said glumly.

"Well, seeing as they are able to understand you and you understand them, you should try first to apologize to them for well scaring them and trying to catch them just to talk and befriend them. Just start being yourself, talk to them while they are hiding for a bit and eventually if you play your cards right, they will slowly open up to you and come to you." Silver said quietly.

Fluttershy looked at him and thought about that plan. She knew that animals, exotic or not, were very delicate and vulnerable. Silver's reasoning had logically sense behind it, in that she had to just be herself and treat these exotic animals as a new animal she would see that comes to Ponyville or around the surrounding areas.

"I-I'll give it try... Thank you Silver." The mare smiled softly.

He gives her a small hug, causing her to squeak in surprise and blushed lightly. But eventually she returns the hug.

"Just looking out for my friends is all, so no need to thank me..." He replied.

"Well, I just have to go find Rarity, and see if she found her 'Prince Charming' yet. Good luck to you, Flutters." He gets back up, picking his Oak Staff up and begins walking back.

"..." She slowly nods as she sat there by herself, the animals still hiding.

"Um... Little critters. I-I'm so sorry for scaring you and likely... Tormenting you like this. I'm not really a bad pony, I love animals, and take care of animals back home. I just really wanted to meet you wonderful creatures from outside Equestria, and hope to learn a bit more about you..." She spoke in a soft, gentle tone.

"I understand if you don't want to see me... But, at least give me a chance. So please, come out..." She gently plead.

For awhile, there was no response as Fluttershy sat there alone. She knew she had to be patient and let them come to her. She sighed quietly.

Eventually, some of the more smaller creatures poke their head out and see the pony in a sadden state. After hearing her apologize and giving them a bit of time, they eventually come out from their hiding place and carefully approach the mare.

Her eyes widened, unable to gasp for she didn't not want them to flee again. She then careful places her hoof down as a squirrel she chased earlier approaches and sniffs her really quick. After a few moments, it eventually climbs up to her hoof, causing the mare to smile softly.

"H-hello there, sweetie...~" Fluttershy said in a motherly tone.

Hope was rekindled in here now, as more animals slowly approach her, much to her delight. She now felt more a peace, and it was thanks to Silver for helping her see it.


Silver made his way back toward the outside of the ballroom where he noticed how many of the ponies were enjoying some of the goods Applejack was selling. She was taking the time to count the amount of bits she earned in the span of the past half an hour since Silver helped her.

He approaches her stand with a bright grin.

"Well look at you. Finally became the talk of the party now, eh?" Silver joked.

"Heh, no thanks to you sugarcube. Ponies from inside said that you were talking on stage and moment other guests saw ones that just came from my stand eating some of my treats, suddenly more customers came rolling out. I even got some wanting to order for deliveries here, so that is even a plus!" Said Applejack.

"Well, just looking out for my friends is all. Glad that your night was much more like you imagined." He quipped.

The two talked for a bit, before both heard the sound of two ponies approach from behind.

"Well howdy, Rarity!" Applejack waved to her friend.

Silver turns around, and was happy to see Rarity. However, the moment he saw who she was with just made him groan internally.

"Good evening Applejack. Two apple fritters please." Rarity replied, though with an annoyed tone.

"Two apple fritters comin' up! That'll be four bits." Applejack said as she holds up a pan of two fritters.

Both the ponies stand there, as Rarity clears her throat. This in turn makes Blueblood clear his throat, causing Rarity to clear her throat more forcefully, and Blueblood does the same as he glares at her. Rarity then sighs.

"I am going to have to pay for both of them, aren't I?" She asked.

Silver steps up and places four bits on the counter.

"Allow me Rarity. No worries." He said with a sad smile.

Rarity and Blueblood take both fritters while she looks to the younger stallion, with a guilty look.

"You are such a dear Silver. At least somepony here can show good manners..." She glared at Blueblood who simply ignored her.

He takes a bite into the fritter, before he spits it back out, surprising Rarity and Silver and just earns a hateful glare from Applejack.

"GAH! Fritters! Dumplings! Caramel apples! My royal lips have touched common carnival fare!" Blueblood yelled as he wiped his tounge.

Silver gave a glare at him.

"Hey, Bluebutt. No need for that sort of disrespect. There is nothing wrong with 'common carnival fare'. Better than the high society stuff that they serve here. That can't even sate a pony's appetite for two minutes."

The prince then glares at Silver.

"How dare you commoner! You dare talk to Prince Blueblood with that tongue?"

Silver just grips his staff, really wanting to smack him over the head with it and be done with it.

"I'm not apologizing. You maybe Princess Celestia's nephew, but you are no different than those other uppity nobles who feel they are the center of the world and all other ponies are beneath them. Besides, you likely don't even have any real authority like your aunts do, just using your title because you feel you can get respect for nothing." He argued.

"Also, I am not a commoner. I happen to be of the high class of Canterlot as well, being the owner of the Golden Emerald after my mother passed away. I'm technically the youngest, weathiest pony in Canterlot, and I can talk to you however I feel like..." He pokes him with his staff as he puts emphasis on the last four words.

Blueblood just scoffs as he taps the staff away.

"You continue this berating I will personally have the guards escort you out of the Gala."

"I love to see you try, Bluebutt..." Silver said, getting closer glaring into his eyes.

"That is BLUEBLOOD!" He yelled.

"Big whoop princey. Rarity, if you wanted to find your Prince Charming tonight, you can do much better than this sleaze snob."

"I will show you not to cross with royalty you no good commoner in green!" Blueblood then attempts to get physical by trying to punch Silver.

Rarity and Applejack just gasp, but Silver puts his hoof up and grabs it and holds it tightly.

"Ow... Ow... OW! LET ME GO!" He yelled.

Several guests that were nearby just watched with intrigue as they witness the prince get what was coming to him by this earth pony.

He then looks back at Applejack, as he takes out some bits and puts it on the counter.

"Can I have that pie AJ?" He asked.

Applejack just looked at him, still stunned by this, but nods and gives him the pie as he holds it with his hoof.

"Maybe you should sit down, take moment to reflect on your life choices, and have some PIE."

He then thrusts the pie into Bluebloods face as it splatters all over the place. The crowd just gasped.

The pan falls to the ground as Blueblood just stands that covered in apple filling and crust. He then just screams and gallops off.

"I'M A MESS! MY MANE! MY BEAUTIFUL GROOMED COAT!!"

Several of the guests just held back snickers. He then takes out a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes a bit of pie off Rarity's face and a bit that got on her dress.

"Sorry Rarity. It was that or I take my staff and bash him over the skull. But like I said, you can do much better than him. He was nothing more than a self-centered moron who cared nothing but himself. You deserve a pony that appreciates you for who you are, given your Generous nature and beauty." He said with soft grin.

Rarity's eyes widen, giving a content smile.

"Oh Silver darling. While what you did was very uncouth for a stallion of your age... If you didn't step in then I sure as Tartartus would've taken that pie and make him eat it. But darling, aren't you worried that you will get in trouble? He is the nephew of Celestia and she could be rather upset with you for doing that to him." Rarity said with a look of concern.

"Oh please Rares. If anything, he probably did us all a favor. Nopony spits out one of my fritters and calls it common carnival fare... He lucky I didn't buck him into a tree." Applejack replied with a huff.

Silver looks to the crowd.

"Just be clear: which one of us throw the first punch: me or Blueblood?" Silver asked.

The crowd just looked at each other before replying.

"Blueblood." They all said in unison.

"There we go. It's Bluebutt's word against the guests. He won't be able to win it." Silver said with a grin.

"Now then Rarity, I know tonight wasn't likely what you hoped for and I'm sorry. But, just know you don't need your Prince Charming to have a wonderful night: you have us." Silver said as Applejack stood beside him.

"Heh, he got a point sugarcube. I guess if we take what Spike said earlier today into consideration... Maybe bein' together tonight is a lot more fun than what we were hoping to do tonight on our own." She added.

Rarity thought for a moment before giggling.

"I suppose that is true dears. I do feel terrible for my little Spikey-Wikey... Poor dear wanted all of us together and enjoy the Gala and we made him feel left out."

"No worries, I was able to keep him company. After all, I am the only other male in the group and well... A bro has to stick together." Silver said as he placed his hoof to his chest.

"That is sweet of you Silver. Where is Spikey anyway?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, in the ballroom. Pinkie is getting ready to get this party started after I convinced everypony otherwise... Come on you two." Silver said as he trots on inside.

They soon followed, with AJ bringing her stand inside since most of the guests were indoors. Pinkie was on stage preparing as she saw Silver come in with the two behind him and heads for the stage.

"Silver! You came back!" Pinkie said with glee.

"Yep, I just wanted to know if we are ready." Silver asked.

"Totally!~" Pinkie shrieked.

"Awesome." Silver said as he goes to the mic.

"Alright everypony! Can I have your attention once more?" Silver yelled out as the ballroom quieted a bit.

"Good to see how well this is going since I left. Now to give you all a little bit of a common, fun, and Ponyville flair to this party... Pinkie Pie?" Silver asked as she looked to the pink mare, who stepped up to the mic, grinning madly.

"Hit it DJ!" Silver yelled.

Vinyl grinned as she grabs a record and places it on the mixer, lowering the needle as it begin playing a beat. The rest of the band waited for their cue after being told by Pinkie which part for them to play at.


(Pinkie Pie) (Silver) (Both)


There is a place
Where the grass is what's for dinner

Applejack watches from the back of her stand, as she gets her products restocked.

"Soup's on, everypony!" She yelled, as more ponies approach her stand.


Charmed, fun, and wild

"Yeehaw!" Applejack yelled waving her hat up with her current sales.


There must be something in the water


What?


Sippin' rainbow juice
Talking Elements of Harmony

Rainbow Dash flies over the crowd, somersaulting before landing beside Applejack and Rarity as the girls each hoofbump in the air.

"Yeah!" They cheered.


Our bronies


Heyo!


Hang out too


Come on, bronies!


'Cause they know we're awesome fillies

"Come on, everypony!" Silver yelled as the audience danced along to the beat.


You could travel the world
But no one can groove like the girls with the hooves
Once you party with ponies


Party with the ponies


You'll be seeing Rainbooms!
O-oh o-oh o-ooh!


Equestria girls
We're kinda magical


Equestria!


Boots on hooves, bikinis on top
Furry coats, so cute
We'll blow your mind
Aoaoah oh, aoaoaoh!

Equestria girls
We're pony-fabulous


Equestria!


Fast, fine, fierce, we trot 'til we drop

"Oh!" Rarity yelled from being tapped by surprised by Fluttershy, who just came in after hearing the music.

Fluttershy just gave a apologetic smile, with Rarity just giving her a small hug, smiling.


Cutie marks represent


Cutie marks!


Now put your hooves up


Put yo' hooves in the air!

Everyone in the audience puts their hooves up in the air, cheering.


Aoaoah oh, aoaoaoh!


Break it down, DJ PON-3
These are the ponies I love the most
I wish you could all be Equestria girls

Vinyl breaks it down, as the band, notable Octavia playing her cello in sync with the rhythm, as the musical solo kicks in.


You could travel the world
But no one can groove like the girls with the hooves
Once you party with ponies


Party with the ponies


You'll be seeing Rainbooms!
O-oh o-oh o-ooh!


Equestria girls
We're kinda magical


Equestria!


Boots on hooves, bikinis on top
Furry coats, so cute
We'll blow your mind
Aoaoah oh, aoaoaoh!


Equestria girls
We're pony-fabulous


Equestria!


Fast, fine, fierce, we trot 'til we drop


Cutie marks represent


Cutie marks!


Now put your hooves up


Put yo' hooves in the air!


Aoaoah oh, aoaoaoh!


Break it down once more, DJ PON-3
These are the ponies I love the most
I wish you could all be Equestria girls

The music solo then ends with an echoing beat.


The crowd then goes wild and claps their hooves. Silver and Pinkie, as well as the band grinned and took a bow, with Vinyl bopping her hoof up.

Silver and Pinkie then hoofbump for their performance.

The Gala continued through the evening, but eventually Silver and the rest of the girls found themselves at Pony Joe's after a long evening of partying.

"Well well well... If it isn't Silver, Spike and Twilight Sparkle. Long time no see." Pony Joe grinned.

"Hey there Joe. Large box all around." Silver said as he and the rest head for a table.

"You got kiddo." Joe said as he heads to the back.

"That Gala... Was the best Gala I ever attended." Silver said as he leaned back in his seat.

"And it was all thanks to you Silver. Without you, who knows how it would've went? For all we know, it could've been a disaster!" Twilight replied.

"Plus on top of that, you actually helped all of us achieve what we dreamed for tonight! Everypony actually danced and had fun!~" Pinkie squealed.

"Darn tootin'. I never had this much bits comin in one day! Now I'll be able to fix the roof, Big Mac's plow and get Granny's hip replaced and still have some leftover for other necessities later down the road." Applejack grinned.

"The fact you were able to help the Wonderbolts to notice me more and actually wanted to hang out and talk about the different tricks I knew and could come up with, as well learn their own tricks! I owe you big time for this, dude!" Rainbow clapped her hooves.

"And you helped me by getting to the exotic creatures more. After you left, they slowly came to me and soon I was able to learn about where they came from and promised to visit me in Ponyville some time.~ I learned so much tonight." Fluttershy replied softly.

"And you stood up to Blueblood for me, making me realize that I could've done better with another pony but also realize it would've been more special just by being together with our friends." Rarity added.

"See? I told it would've been even more awesome to just hang out together during the Gala! You stuck with me when we arrived and I actually had fun hanging out with you and help the girls out. It brought us all together." Spike said crossing his arms.

"You were right Spike. It would've been more fun if we all enjoyed the Gala together, but Silver helped us all achieve our best night ever and still made the Gala fun. I was so happy to finally be able to talk to Princess Celestia about all we did in Ponyville, and it was wonderful." Twilight said with a sincere smile.

"Well that was what I was hoping to make my best night ever as: I just wanted to see that you all were happy. As long as you were all happy, then I'm happy." Silver said, placing his hoof on her shoulder.

"And because you dear Silver, you made this night truly special."

They all look as Princess Celestia comes into the shop.

"Princess!" Twilight grinned.

Pony Joe walks out with their order and smiled upon seeing Celestia.

"Well now, what surprise to see you here this evening Your Highness." Joe bowed.

Celestia chuckles.

"It is good to see you too Pony Joe. May I have my usual?" She asked.

"Coming up Princess." Joe nods.

She goes to the group.

"As I said, that was the best Grand Galloping Gala ever!"

"But Princess, I figured the Gala was always this special." Twilight said with a confused look.

Celestia then chuckles.

"Oh Twilight, the Grand Galloping Gala is actually always awful."

The group just look at each other.

"That is why I was thrilled you were all attending. I was hoping you could liven things up a bit." Celestia explained.

She looked at Silver.

"But you, Silver, were able to exceed my expectations by showing the nobles that were attending to have a fun time, as well as help each of your friends go through their night as they envisioned, and eventually brought everypony together, United under one roof. Everypony, safe for my nephew, all spoke highly of all of you and cannot wait for the next Gala."

He chuckles.

"Hey, I'm just somepony who looks out for his friends."

"And look at it this way, had it not gone the way you all planned, I'm sure you'll agree that in the end it wouldn't have turned out so bad for this group of friends." Celestia explained.

They all thought about and agreed.

"You're right, Princess. Friends have a way of making even the worst of times into something pretty great." Twilight said, realizing the lesson she learned this evening.

"Yeah! As awesome as it was meeting and hanging with the Wonderbolts, it is nothing compared to hanging out with my friends!" Rainbow boasted.

"And just being able to talk...!" Fluttershy said excitedly.

"And having fun!" Pinkie hopped.

"Basically, what I wanted to do this evening." Spike said.

"Again Spike, you are right and we are so sorry." Twilight said, patting the drake.

"And heck, even if tonight would've gotten worse..." Applejack started.

"...being together here has made it all better." Rarity finished.

"You could even say its made it..." Pinkie started.

Everyone sans Celestia cheered.

"...the best night ever!"

They all began to laugh together.


It was a long night for everyone. The Gala has ended, the girls got what they wanted out of the evening thanks to Silver, and Silver was able to turn everything around because of it.

Silver told Celestia that he wouldn't be able to see Luna tonight, considering how tired out he was and understood. She would let Luna know and try to see her at some point tomorrow if possible, before heading back to Ponyville with the girls.

The girls would be able to spend the night in the palace, as Twilight and Spike wished to go visit her parents house and spend the night there since it was so long since the mare and drake seen them, and Silver decided to head to his house for the night. He just wanted to go to bed and sleep the night away. He got out of his Gala attire, hanging it up nicely as he went to bed. He plopped onto his bed and almost immediately let his dreams take him away.


Dreamscape


Silver found himself in the same white void again. Knowing now that this was his dreamscape, he had a feeling that he was going to have a special meeting with Crimson once again. He decided to sit down and just wait.

"...Well, I know you are going to show up again. You might as well make yourself known." Silver said.

Sure enough, a presence did make itself known, however it wasn't Crimson as he expected. His eyes widen.

"Wait... What?"

Standing before him, was Princess Luna.

"Good evening, dear Silver. It has been some time. We wish to speak to you."

Author's Note:

WOW this had to been my favorite chapter to do, and of course I leave it on a cliffhanger. Silver unexpectedly meets Luna in his dream, but what could she want to talk to Silver about?

Just have to wait and see. :3