• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,227 Views, 9 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : Magic Duel Monsters - Cybers Link



Magic starts leaking out from the portal between the human and the ponies, at the same time zombies, dragons, fiends and more monsters appear out of nowhere attacking people. All appears to be connected to one thing, Duel Monsters.

  • ...
4
 9
 1,227

Crystal mischief

"...now, with no monsters left on the field, I summon Dark Magician and declare a direct attack." The Lavender teenager says as she took one card on her hand and put it on the big mat placed on the grass specially made to play the game. She adjusts her glasses and with a small smile, she congratulates her opponent with a "G.G.".

"What?!!!" The Pink hair teen exclaims out loud as if she didn't believe what her friend did. "Rematch. I demand a rematch". She says hitting the grass with her open hand rapidly.

"Ain't sure that is a good idea, sugar cube. It has been five matches already and you haven't won any of them." The blond teen with a cowboy hat says from not far, next to the statue of the school alongside with all her other friends. She had watched Twilight and Pinkie playing the strange card game for an hour now but still, she didn't understand how exactly the game was supposed to be played. But one thing is for sure, Twilight has kick Pinkie's ass all this time. "I don't think Dwelling Creatures or whatever is your thing Pinkie"

"Is actually call 'Duel Monster' Apple Jack and don't feel bad Pinkie. I have known this game since I was a child and I know pretty well this game, it can get really complicated at times." By now, Duel Monsters have existed for more than twenty years but it recently rises in popularity since the release of the new app that allows anyone play for free on their phones. Pinkie rejoices when she finds out Twilight know how to play and practically drags her along with all her others friends from there home to the schoolyard just to play it, or see them play as most of the girls weren't very interested, near the entrance of their school as they always do.

"But I have played the game on my phone and learn all the rules. How is it possible that I didn't win at least one?" Pinkie asks with a thinking frown as she took all her cards and take a close look at them .

"I am not an expert but... " A girl with a Rainbow color hair and blue skin get closer as she plays with a soccer ball kicking it and juggling around with her feets. "I don't think that buying a bunch of cards packs and putting them together will make a good deck, it needs to be well planned, well structure and well balance to be able to work. And just look at it" Rainbow says holding her ball in her hand and gets closer to Pinkie to see her deck."You must have at least 60 cards on it"

"Well, yeah! According to the rules.." Pinke says putting her hands on her puffy pink hair and taking out a small rulebook." I can have any number from 40 to 60 cards in my deck. I don't see the problem. I just guess the more the better."

"Just because it says you can, it doesn't mean you had too. Taking in count that you can only have three copies of the same card at most, fewer cards means you will draw the cards you need fast...er" Rainbow hesitate at pronouncing the last word at seen how her friends were looking at her. Even Rarity stops brushing Fluttershy's hair to just staring at her in confusion. All but one who was still writing in her diary had stop what they were doing to look surprised at Rainbow's knowledge about the game. "I...I mean that's a logical thing to conclude isn't?, is not like I like that kind of egghead game or anything." She laughs nervously turning around and playing with her ball once again.

"Hmm, well. Just as I said before, this game can get very complicated at times. here let me help you build your deck." Twilight grabs Pinkies deck and starts explaining in more detail what she needs to do.

All the others get back to what they were doing, hanging out and relax, well almost all as one particular friend who probably hasn't relax for quite a while.

"Hum Sugar cube? Is everything alright?" Apple Jack asks getting closer to Sunset who hasn't said anything since they arrive. She has just limited herself with no avail in writing in her diary.

"Hu, what? Yea I am fine. Why you ask?"

"Because you have been quieter than Apple Bloom when her grades from school arrive home. You and Princess Twilight still worry about what is happening. arent'ya"

It has been two weeks since the incident with Juniper Montage and the magic mirror and ever since she had tried to make sense out of it. About a week ago, Starlight Glimmer had to get back to Equestria to report Twilight the new and strange phenomenon that is happening right now in the city since the new dairy seems it stop working all of the sudden.

"Ough! Yea I guess so. Is just, ever since that happen we have heard rumors of monsters and ghost scaring people around. What if all this is magic doing it. What if this is all my fault."

Fluttershy yelp at hearing of Monsters and ghost and drop her hair brush on the ground. It seems it was Fluttershy turn to play with Rarity's hair." Please, girls, don't want to hear about this. I couldn't sleep the last time you talk about it"

"Darling, you don't need to worry. We conclude It were simply rumors, miscommunicated stories that spread like fire but false none the less."Rarity says as she grabs the brush and put it in Fluttershy hands.

"Yea don't worry about it. I mean, is not like it was part of Sunset plan that by turning herself into a shedemon and try to conquer her home world with a bunch of teenagers from this world will accidentally bring magic into this world that allows monsters to hypnotize students to get even more power and conquer the world. Also not forget that that magic Sunset brings bt accident no only transforms one or two but three, three innocent girls so far into demons hungry for power and who knows it there are even more out there." Pinke say this with a big smile on her face as she somehow ended up looking at her friends upside down with her head almost touching her back as result of how much she moves when she was explaining things. Sunset tries to hide her face with her book and Twilight grabs her left arm with her right hand looking down in discomfort at hearing Pinkie recap of the events that have happened in school so far. "Humm no offense?... Ok, I totally mean that one. Sorry"

"Pinkie you are so evil," Twilight says laughing a little pushing PinkiePie in good humor.

"Yea you guys. don't let yourself down because of that. We all know it wasn't for the most part your fault." Rainbow says laying down next to Sunset where her backpack was laying taking a bottle of water from it. "Besides, we don't know that it was your fault what happens last time with that mirror."

"But what else could it be. Is because I bring Twilight crown into this world that magic starts to appear all around. And to get things worst, we don't know what this is or if it is dangerous?" Sunset says pointing at a small crystal formation growing in one of the corners of the school's statue.

From a week now, this strange phenomenon had happened all around the city. The local news calls it 'The crystal mischief' and for a good reason.These small crystal formations started to grow in random places all over the city. IT grows in small quantities but because it can grow on almost any surface, in wood, glass, metal or even plastic, it had caused some mechanism and computers to malfunction. Things like traffic lights, car wheels, electric and phone lines, even there were some reports of the strange crystal forming inside computers and phones breaking them from the inside. Scientists haven't figured out how it grows or what is its origins. Luckily, It hasn't been reported to grow on human skin or any other animal or we will have a pandemic on the city.

"Ho yes, the Crystal mischief. Personally, I found it beautiful and a wonderful sight. You girls need to see them in the sunset, Sunset" Rarity says blinking at Sunset. "It reflects the sunlight and transforms any place into a light show. It is simply marvelous."

"Well tell that to the people who crash their cars or those who lost they homework assignment along with their computers because of them," Sunset says standing up and reaching for the piece of crystal in the statue and breaking it into a small piece. Aside from what it seems, those crystal aren't that hard to take off, the bad part is its quantity and the places it grows.

"I hate those things if you ask me. Is because of those things that I fail at the last soccer game." Rainbow's friends were trying hard to not laugh when remembering what happened that day. Rainbow Dash almost got the winning goal in the last game if it weren't for the reflection of one of those crystals that shine directly into her eyes making her lose her balance and falling down in a very comic way. It didn't help that it was raining at that time and that water combined with a grass and dirt of the field make it very slippy what makes her slide directly into a trashcan.

"Hahaha Ahem! " Twilight tries to hide her laughter by pretending to clear her throat. "Yea it was very sad what happen that day Cras... I mean Tra... Dash, that's it Dash, I totally mean Dash." Everyone couldn't hold it in anymore. With the exception of Fluttershy, all girls were laughing her lungs out at Twilight's miss-naming at Dash. Twilight smiled innocently filling guilty of how hard they were laughing at Rainbow.

"You know what? I don't need this. I see you guys later" Rainbow Dash turns back and walks towards her home. Meanwhile, all her friends try to apologize for what just happen. especially Twilight.

"Wait! Dash! Come back! I really didn't mean to say that. I'm sorry!" But Dash didn't even turn to look at her.

"Uhm... I better go with her. My house gets in the same direction anyways and is time to feed my chickens. See you later girls" And just like that Fluttershy walks away trying to catch up with Rainbow.

Rainbow reaction to the little teasing has changed the atmosphere of good fun and relax into one gloomy and awkwardness. The most affected were Twilight, she really didn't mean to say those things on porpoise but the words just get out from her mind.

"Cheer up darling, knowing her she will forget all about this in the morning. But still, I will suggest you apologize to Rainbow the next time you see her" Rarity says with her best cheering up a smile as she patted Twilights back. "well, I need to get back home too, I have to work in my new designs. See you girls at school tomorrow."

"I have to go too. I promised Big Mac to help him on the farm, actually..." Applejack takes her cell phone out from her pocket to look at the hour. "Gosh darn it! I should have been there an hour ago. Sorry girls I have to hurry, see you later. Ho and Sunset, don't over stress yourself with this. If anything happens we will be there to help you. Ok?"

"Yea I know. Thanks, A. J." And with that, the group of seven become only three.

"Sooooooo. girls? Have anything to do today?" Pinkie asks grabbing her cards and safely put them in her backpack as well as grabbing Twilight's deck and mat and handle it back to her owner.

"Me? Nothing in particular"

"What about you Twilight?"

"Humm... Ho! Me? No Why?" Twilight responded still being a little distracted.

"There is this amateur tournament at Whitetail Park. Wanna come?"

"Yea sure. Maybe it will clear my mind of all this magic stuff"

Pinke smile at hearing her answer. Now both Pinkie and Sunset stare at Twilight waiting for her answer.

"I guess I need a distraction too"

"That's the spirit. The spirit of a duelist"

" But Pinkie? That's an amateur tournament. I don't think I can participate. I haven't played for a while but I'm sure I am not
considered an amateur."

"No problem you can be my coach and Sunset...hum? Ho! I know, you can be my cheerleader. Here, I will borrow my pom-poms" Pinke grabs some pom-poms out from her hair and passes it to Sunset.

"Hum... Ok. sure why not?" She says moving around the cheerleader decoration around. "Maybe in the way there you can teach me how this game is played?"

"Sure thing, See the first thing you need to know is to believe in the heart of the cards..."


~Whitetail Park - 15 min. ago~

Snips find himself seated in one of the wooden benches of the park alone laying down with a sad frown. Since he has memory, he was a big fan of the Duel Monsters original T.V. show. He must watch every episode 5 times already along with the movie. So when one of his best friends, Snails, ask him if he knows how to play, he was more than happy to share one of his hobbies with someone else. But this isn't what he had in mind.

"Stupid Snails, How he dares winning me in my own game and telling me how the game is played." Snails say standing up on the table raising a fist to the air. "and how he dares to mock my dragon deck. Everyone knows dragons are the coolest and strongest monsters in the game. Even more than those stupid magicians, I mean those monsters have the names of fruits, fruits for god sake. Hough"

Snips seats back on the bench arms cross as he lost the burst of energy he manages to build up thanks to his anger. He had beeing preparing Snails for his amateur tournament but every time they play, Snails end up winning and discussing with Snips of how outdated and simply wrong he plays the game. With his anger getting out the worst of him, Snips left his best friends alone in the tournament without saying a word to him.

He was too angry to notice the sudden growth of a crystal forming next to him in the wood table that glows with a purple light. Maybe if he had put a little attention to it, he could have noticed the dark silhouette watching him from the inside of the crystal.

Author's Note:

Here you go, I hope you like it. I know I need a little work editing this stuff. So if anyone volunteers I will be happy to let you judge my work.:twilightblush:

Also, does anybody knows how to put links in the stories that open in a new tab? I need it to put the pictures of the cards I am going to use for your convenience but is really annoying that it opens replacing the FIM fiction page.

Thanks:twilightsmile: