• Published 24th Jun 2017
  • 1,150 Views, 37 Comments

Sonic and EQG: Discord and Chaos - SonicAKG

  • ...
3
 37
 1,150

Betrayed Once More

Betrayed Once More

In his secret laboratory, Dr. Eggman was sitting on at a desk in one of the many rooms it housed. In front of him was a holographic orange screen as the egg-shaped mad scientist observed all that was written on it. It was nothing new, he was just going over the schematics of his base, modifications for his badniks, a plan to destroy Sonic, etc. Just the usual stuff.

Suddenly, the orange screen turned bright red, catching Eggman's attention. On it was a large red energy wave which started to beep randomly as Eggman studied what was on it.

"What is this?! The energy reading that this signal is giving is off the scales! I've never seen anything like it!" He exclaimed as he placed his hands on the desk. Eggman then started to stroke his mustache as he looked further.

"It appears that whatever is giving off this signal is on the move. Interesting." He continued as he put his hands together and sat back in his chair. "I think this requires some investigation. Whatever it is, I'm sure that I can find some use it. Who knows? Maybe this will be my chance to crush Sonic once and for all!"

Eggman then slammed his fist on the desk as he rose up with a determined expression and headed for the golden pear shaped door in front of him. It opened automatically and Eggman stood in the halls. Coming in his directions were his two hench robots, Orbot and Cubot, shaped as their names indicated.

"Orbot, Cubot! Ready the Eggmobile! There's something we need to find!" The Doctor instructed.

"Yes, sir. No doubt you have planned some elaborate scheme which will blow up in your face as usual." Orbot said in a dry manner, causing Eggman to glare at him.

"I didn't ask for your opinion!" He snapped. "Just get it ready!"

Eggman then marched off on his left, leaving the two robots.

"Aw man! But his mobile is so heavy!" Cubot complained while Orbot just shook his head.


A little while later, Eggman was flying through the skies in his Eggmobile with Orbot and Cubot at his side. In front of him was beeping the red hologram, which he was tracking as his mobile moved forward.

"Now then. This energy signature shouldn't be too far away. Just a few more feet away." Eggman muttered as he was concentrated on the signal.

"Sir, do you even know what we're looking for?" Orbot asked.

"I'm not sure yet. But whatever it is, it's powerful! I must have my hands on it!" Eggman declared.

"I take it you haven't learned from your countless failures at controlling some kind of super-powerful source?" Orbot commented as Eggman turned around to give him a dirty look, shutting him up.

The Eggmobile then descended on the outskirts of Canterlot, putting Eggman just outside of the forest. As he did, the signal stopped moving on the screen and started glowing in one piece.

"Wow, that sure is pretty!' Cubot stated as he saw the screen while Eggman just formed an annoyed sigh.

"Now then, whatever's giving off that signal should be somewhere around here." Eggman said as he looked around the area.

Suddenly, Eggman heard the sound of sniffling, puzzling him as he raised an eyebrow. He turned to his right and when he did, his eyes landed on perhaps what was one of the strangest creatures he had ever seen, which was saying something. It was Discord, who was floating above with his back hunched. In front of him was a floating pink tea set and he took a few sad sips from one a cup as he set it down and started to whimper.

"Do you see that?" Eggman asked his two robot companions as they watched the mismatched creature.

"No, I clearly don't see the creature right in front me despite the fact that my eyes are turned in its direction," Orbot said sarcastically answered, making Eggman hit him on the top of his head to keep him quiet.

"Aw, it looks kind of cute. Sort of like a pony! I've always wanted a pony!" Cabot happily said before Eggman covered his mouth.

"Shhh! Don't be so loud." Eggman scolded before he turned back to look at his screen. It was flashing red rapidly in Discord's direction as Eggman looked up to see the Draconequus once more.

"(Could this be the source of all that energy?)" Eggman wondered.

Discord let out a sad sigh as he drank one more sip of tea. He then snapped his fingers, causing the tea set to disappear while a series of napkins with wings came to him. Discord took one of them and blew his nose.

"Way to go Discord. You could have made friends with this Fluttershy and maybe others." Discord wallowed in self pity as he conjured small transparent images of Fluttershy and the rest of the group before they glared at him. Discord then made them vanish.

"But now you have nothing. And a Fluttershy that doesn't want to be my friend." He then moped he as made 3 X's appear on his head that made loud beeping sounds.

The wind started to blow strongly, causing the leaves of the trees to blow strongly to the side. Discord saw this and he snapped his fingers, causing the trees to move in the opposite direction. He snapped them again, making the trees turn flimsy and wobbly as they swayed from side to side randomly. He snapped his fingers one more time, turning them into dancing trees as they shook their leaves like maracas. Discord just sadly shook his head and returned everything to normal.

"It's no use. Even chaotic things aren't enough to cheer me up." Discord glumly said as he put his hand on his face while still floating in the air.

Meanwhile, Eggman had witnessed everything Discord had done as his jaw was slightly open. He then closed it as he started to think.

"(Amazing! That being was able to alter reality as if it was nothing! There is no doubt that this...whatever it is, is the cause of my energy signal. If I had it's that kind of power...I could rule this world easily!)" Eggman pondered.

Before he took another step, Eggman recalled Orbot's comment on his previous failures in regards to this kind of stuff. As much as he hated to admit it, he had a point there.

"(I think I might need to plan out my approach here. Let's see...this thing is sad for some reason and he appears to know Sonic and those girls he's with. Hmmmmmmm)". Eggman wondered before he formed a small grin on his face. He then got out of his machine and turned to Cubot and Orbot.

"Stay here. I got this under control." Eggman instructed as he headed in Discord's direction.

"I doubt it." Orbot said as soon as the doctor left.

"Works for me!" Cabot said with relief.

Eggman got closer to Discord and he cleared his throat before he started to speak.

"Excuse me, my good fellow." Discord heard Eggman say as he turned to see him coming in his direction. He raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you? Discord asked before he teleported around Eggman and got in his face. He started to observe Eggman, making the latter a little uncomfortable as Discord went around him.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever heard of exercise?" Discord commented as a scale appeared above Eggman's head which broke down as it tried to guess his weight, making the doctor fume slightly.

"But I admit, nice stache." Discord then added as he pulled Eggman's mustache and admired it with a magnifying glass.

Eggman hadn't even met him Discord for a full minute and he was already starting to get annoyed with him. He managed to bite his tongue though.

"Thanks, I suppose." Eggman replied as he took his facial hair from Discord. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Dr. Eggman. I'm a brilliant scientist."

"Eggman?" Discord questioned. "What, with a name like that, have you dedicated your life to studying eggs?

Discord made a blackboard which featured the different kinds of cooked eggs, different colored ones, their shapes and their insides. He was dressed in a lab coat with gray hair and glasses.

"Finally, once I discover the right temperature to separate scrambled and boiled eggs, I will revolutionize science!" He boasted in a mocking tone.

Eggman grit his teeth and clenched his teeth. He was being mocked. Still, he kept his cool.

"Oh, no. That's just a name. I have dedicated my life to studying robotics. I have a series of great inventions." Eggman elaborated. "But enough about me, I wanted to talk about you. You seemed down and I wanted to see if I could help in any way."

Discord was taken back as he faced the doctor with a bewildered look. He was truly not expecting to hear this coming from anyone here, especially after what had happened.

"You want to help....me? Discord slowly said as Eggman nodded.

"Of course. Whenever I see a sad face, I just can't ignore it." He lied as Discord stared at him. "So what's gotten you in such a bad mood?"

Discord didn't know how to react. This encounter with Eggman seemed like a stroke of good luck after the disaster with other. He had met someone in this world who had shown concern for his well-being. He felt touched by Eggman's 'kindness'.

"Well, I'm not exactly from around these parts. You see, I decided to come here on vacation and I met some interesting characters here. But...we didn't exactly see eye to eye on my definition of fun, so I was told to leave them alone." Discord told Eggman with a slightly hurt expression.

"What?! They rejected your friendship?! That's pure insanity?' Eggman exclaimed with his hands in the air, making a surprised Discord turn to him.

"You think so?"Discord inquired.

"Of course. I've seen what you're capable of and honestly, your powers make you an utter genius! How could they not desire to be friends with you! Sounds to me like the problem wasn't with you. It's their loss if they cannot appreciate you and your talents!" Eggman praised.

Discord's sad expression changed to a small happy one. Hearing this from Eggman had really improved his mood. Finally, someone in this world who seemed to get him!

"I must say....seeing as you are a scientist and probably a fellow genius, you're right! Why should I be moping around?! Thank you, Eggman, I really needed that pep talk!" Discord responded as some confetti emerged from his body, indicting he was becoming happy.

"Oh, I should introduce myself. My name is Discord, the spirit of Chaos and Disharmony!" He said as he patted Eggman on the back and shook his hand rapidly. The word 'Chaos' intrigued Eggman.

"(Spirit of Chaos, eh. I-)" Eggman thought to himself before he felt something tap his leg. He looked down to see Orbot and Cubot holding a monitor and frowned slightly.

"Excuse me for one moment." Eggman told Discord, who made a chair for him to sit on as he waited. Eggman then turned around to Cubot and Orbot.

"I told you to stay inside the Eggmobile!" He said in a harsh whisper.

"Well sir, there's something we thought you would like to see."Orbot said as he gave Eggman the monitor.

Eggman looked at the screen of the monitor, which was an orange color. It was showing some kind of footage. In it, Eggman could see a puddle that was moving on its own. The puddle formed a head which Eggman recognized as Chaos as he raised his eyebrows.

"(Chaos is on the loose?!) Eggman thought. He started to rub his chin before he let out a devious smile. He had an idea as he took the monitor from Orbot.

Eggman then turned around to Discord.

"Discord, sorry about that. It's just that I that I had a wonderful idea. Come take a look at this." Eggman invited.

Discord stretched his neck and then his body over Eggman's shoulder to see the monitor.

"There, you see that puddle moving on its own?" Eggman asked as Discord face perked up. He recognized it.

"Ah yes, I totally forget about that! I saw that thing while I was around earlier! What of it?" Discord responded.

"Well, that is no ordinary puddle. It's Chaos, the god of destruction." Eggman said as Discord formed a curious look.

"Chaos? I like the sound of this." Discord said with interest.

"Seeing as you are a spirit of Chaos and we have the actual embodiment of it lurking around, don't you think we could have some real fun?" Eggman questioned as Discord smiled at the thought of that. A god of destruction and spirit of harmony seemed like a really interesting combo.

"I have something amazing planned out, but I need your help to do it. If you don't mind that is?" Eggman continued.

"Of course I don't mind!" Discord eagerly complied. "How can I be of service?"

"I want to start this project right away but I don't know where Chaos is exactly? Can you go get him?" Eggman asked.

"No problem. Be back in a flash!" Discord stated as he teleported in a white flash


On a sandy beach that had strong tidal waves moving across it, Chaos was moving across it as a puddle and heading near the ocean. Before he could reach it, he was suddenly swept in a large bag brown. Chaos fidgeted but he couldn't escape it. Discord observed the bag before enclosed it a safe he generated which had many locks around as it floated before him.

"You and I are going to have so much fun!" Discord told him as he teleported again.


Discord reappeared with Chaos in the safe in front of an astonished Eggman, who was taken back slightly.

"You're back already?! Incredible!" Eggman congratulated as Discord tried to act like it was no big deal.

"Well, when you're the spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, nothing is really a challenge." He bragged. "So, what now?"

"Follow me back to my lab. We can get started right away." Eggman said as he walked back to his Eggmobile. He then entered it, before he was joined by Orbot and Cubot in the back as Discord followed. He then noticed the two of them.

"Hi there, pony!" Cubot waved to Eggman as Discord looked confused at his statement.

"Ignore him. He has no intelligence. Granted though, his crea-" Orbot began before Eggman pushed him further down in the mobile.

"Oh, don't mind these two. Let's get going!" Eggman said as the Eggmobile lifted itself in the air before flying ahead. Discord then took after it as he levitated the safe that Chaos was in.


A while later, Eggman began to descend his Eggmobile into the entrance of his base with Discord following him. The hatchet then closed as Eggman parked his vehicle before he emerged out of it alongside Orbot and Cubot. The three of them turned to face Discord while Chaos's safe levitated behind him. Discord then turned to examine this section of Eggman's lair. To him....it seemed a little...drab.

"Hmmmm.....your place could use a little more....Pizazz." He commented as he snapped his fingers, transforming one of the doors into a giant clown face that opened and closed its mouth rapidly with its teeth.

Eggman formed a sour look on his face upon seeing it, which Discord didn't notice. When the Draconequus turned around, Eggman quickly forced a wide smile.

"Nice touch. I already love what you're doing with the place!" He fibbed as Discord gave him the thumbs up, which he gave back.

"Now then, let's get started on this 'plan'." Eggman suggested as he headed towards the clown door. He quickly jumped through it in order to avoid going through its teeth as Discord casually floated passed it. Orbot and Cubot tried to walk through, but the latter's lower half was caught. He then flailed his arms but it was no use. Orbot sighed and pulled his hardest to take him out, sending them both sprawling on the floor.

As Eggman and Discord walked in the former's base, Discord took a look at some of Eggman's inventions. He noticed the different kinds of badniks and EggPawns. He also observed the different kinds of machines Eggman had piloted in his attempts to crush Sonic. He then whistled out loud.

"I must say, your creations certainly look creative. But I would suggest..." Discord commented. He then snapped his fingers, making all of the robotics Eggman created to be conjoined with different mismatched parts.

Seeing this happen to his glorious creations made Eggman gasp as his face filled with horror. He then started to form a look of fury as he deeply scowled and grit his teeth. Discord didn't see this as he was busy examining what he had done.

'(How dare this imbecile mess with my genius! Why I should....)" Eggman angrily thought before he remembered why he brought Discord in the first place. He then took a deep breath and exhaled as he put his hands out.

"(Patience, I must be patient. Just a little longer and I'll have access to his powers.)"

Eggman then let out a chuckle, making Discord turn towards him.

"Hehe, brilliant, brilliant, I say! You have such good taste! You know, I'm glad I invited you here!" Eggman complimented while Discord formed a proud look as he crossed his arms.

"Thank you! Finally, someone appreciates my work!" Discord gushed.

The two of them then stopped in front of a large door that had Eggmans' symbol, a black version of his grinning silhouette. It then opened up, revealing a large chamber which in the center had two giant pods which had a red top and a large cord resting on the ground from the right pod. .The middle of the ground had 4 different green glowing dots around it. The door then closed behind Eggman and Discord.

"Now, Discord, I need you to put Chaos in that pod over there. " Eggman instructed.

Discord snapped his fingers and Chaos was instantly transported in the large jar on the right as a puddle. He formed some of the parts of his upper body such as his arms and head in an attempt to escape but it was no use as he bashed the glass in vain. Chaos was too weak and in no condition to escape.

"Ok, now what?" Discord eagerly asked the doctor.

Eggman then began to back away from the middle of the ground and put his arms behind his back. As he did, he reached for a button on his wrist.

"I just need you to stand there and....Gotcha! Eggman suddenly yelled as he pressed the button on his wrist. Discord heard the click and formed a stumped look.

The 4 corners in the middle of the ground began to glow and they released a purple magnetic pulse that surrounded Discord. Discord suddenly cried out in pain as he was violently shocked as purple electricity ran through his entire body, showcasing his x-ray briefly. After a few seconds of this, he then began to smoke as he was then tied up in by a series of blue energy rings. He then weakly looked up to see Eggman toss the cord towards him.

"Now for the finishing touch!" Eggman shouted as the cord connected with Discords body.

As it did, the cord then began to glow as Discord felt a sharp pain all over his body. He then let out a howl as inverted energy was drawn from his body by the cord into the jar on the left. Discord could feel himself getting weaker and weaker as power was sapped from every fiber of his being. When it was over, Discord let out a small gasp before he hung his head, almost unconscious. The energy stolen from him was now placed in the pod as Eggman looked on with delight.

"HoHoHo!" Discord heard Eggman say as he turned to him with a shocked and hurt look.

"What...... is this? What did....... you do?!" He managed to say in a weak voice.

"It's simple. I tricked you into taking all of your energy! Now that I have it, taking over this world will be a walk in the park!" Eggman gloated.

Discord couldn't believe what Eggman just said as he looked on with a sad expression full of disbelief as he couldn't stop staring at Eggman.

"But you said you wanted to help me. You said you wanted to my friend. You said I was a genius..." Discord softly said.

"Ha! Don't you see? It was all an act! I could never stomach being with an annoying creature such as yourself! The only thing useful to me are your powers!" Eggman cruelly sneered.

Discord was absolutely crushed after hearing this. This was the second time he had been betrayed and he was full of shame for letting himself be tricked again. Now, he felt entirely worthless. He didn't care that he lacked any powers at all. Right now, what he cared about was that he lacked a friend in this world. He had never hoped to feel this way again but now it was too late.

"Fool me twice, shame on me." He uttered in a depressed manner as he lowered his head once more.

Meanwhile, Eggman detached the cable from Discord and placed it on the pod that Chaos was contained it. He then formed a sinister grin as there was a glimmer in his glasses.

"Now then. Let's see what happens when I do this!" Eggman yelled as he pushed the button on his wrist again.

The cord then glowed once more and this time, it began to transfer Discord's energy into the pod that Chaos was in. The resulting flash was reflected in Eggman's glasses.


At Sweet Apple Acres, Sonic and the others alongside the Rainbooms were taking easy after all of Discord's crazy antics. They needed it after all they had been through. While the entire group was relaxing for a bit, Shadow's eyes widened as he came to a realization. He then rose up from his sitting position and looked at the others.

"Hey." He said in a loud enough voice for everyone else to turn to him.

"What's up, Faker?" Sonic questioned.

"About Discord." Shadow said, making everyone except for Fluttershy form looks of annoyance and groan slightly at the mention of his name.

"What about him? That annoying jerk is gone. We're better off without him." Rainbow Dash dismissed.

"Yes and our relaxation is charming, but in case you've forgotten, he's a magical creature from Equestria who can bend reality to his will. And now he's out of our sights to do as he pleases in this world." Shadow brought up.

The others froze as they heard Shadow's words and let them sink in as they remembered every crazy thing Discord put them through. After telling him off, they had let him run amok in their world. Sunset's eyes widened with fright.

"Shoot, Shadow's right! Discord may be a problem, but he's our problem! We were so happy to get rid of him we forgot that if he's not with us, things could get worse!" She explained as the rest of her friends exchanged looks. Sunset was absolutely correct.

"If that's the case, we then have to go find him as soon as possible." Tails stated.

"Yeah, but that fella's got a ton of magic powers. He could be anywhere. Findin' him will be like lookin' for a needle in a stack of hay." AppleJack pointed out.

"Well, I mean, we just have to look for anything that looks crazy." Silver realized.

"Or super duper fun!" Pinkie exclaimed as she placed her fist in the air.

"In any case, we should split up to cover more ground." Twilight suggested, making the others nod in return.

"Just one question. What should we do if we actually find Discord? I mean, we don't want to spend time with him but he needs to be watched." Rarity then said.

"I still want a crack at him." Knuckles growled as he raised a fist. "I call first dibs."

Fluttershy was silent as she was in thought over Discord. It was true, he had been quite a bother due to him messing up their band practice and by placing her friends in troublesome situations. But at the same time, Fluttershy remembered the pain in Discord's face when they had rejected him. It seemed as if though he truly wanted to be friends with them despite his action. She took note of how often he had said he was close friends with her Equestrian self.

"Fluttershy? What's up?" She heard Manic ask her as he saw that she was thinking over something. She then turned to face him and the others.

"Oh, well, I was just thinking about Discord. I know he did all sorts of mean things which can't be excused but....I can't shake the feeling that he really wanted us to be friends. Maybe there was a misunderstanding between us and him." Fluttershy pondered.

Hearing this made the others form mystified faces, especially Knuckles as he glared a bit.

"No way! Need I remind you that he almost tried to destroy the Master Emerald!?" He answered.

"I'm with Knuckles. Everything he did wasn't cool." Rainbow Dash added.

"I know, but there is a reason he's friend with my pony self and Princess Twilight, don't you think?" Fluttershy then said. She wasn't wrong there. The group was silent as they thought over Fluttershy's words.

"Guys, I think we should hear her out a little more. Fluttershy, go on." Tails proposed as he turned to face her.

"Thanks, Tails." Fluttershy replied. "Now, I was thinking, Sunset, you always talk to Princess Twilight in that book of yours. Maybe there's something where she mentions Discord's positive traits?"

"Huh, that could be. If so, then I must have skimmed through it. I'll take a look." Sunset agreed as she took her book from her bag. She then opened it up and started to flip through the pages.

"Let's see.....here!" Sunset announced as she found the page as everyone was now focused on her. "It reads:"

"Sunset, Equestria is full of friendships right now. I'll tell you of one that gets my attention. Fluttershy and Discord. They always meet to have tea at her house and she really seems to enjoy his company. I don't know how she does it considering it's Discord but as she tells me, he's actually very sweet once you get to know him. I can't be the judge of that but if it's coming from Fluttershy, then it means something."

Sunset then flipped further through her pages before she stopped at another one. "This one says:"

"I'm so proud of my apprentice Starlight! She managed to save all us from the Changelings and even reformed all of the Kingdom! Well, almost all of it. She didn't do it alone of course. She had help from their new leader, Thorax, Trixie and even Discord! Discord actually helped save our lives! He's even being rewarded alongside Starlight and the rest. I have to say, Discord's come a long way and this shows that he's practically accepted by us here, which I more or less approve of. Still going to keep a lookout for his tricks though. He's still the spirit of Chaos after all."

Sunset finished reading and looked up the rest of the group. They all seemed conflicted right now. Discord had really messed with them but the letters from Princess Twilight showed another side to him that they hadn't seen yet.

"Well, we didn't get to know him that long..." Rarity admitted.

"I mean, after all...eehhh..."Manic slowly said.

"I still don't like him." Knuckles grumbled as he crossed his arms.

Now everyone really had no idea what to think of Discord. Honestly, it was a difficult situation.

"You know, let's find him first and then we'll see where it goes from there. We can decide afterward" Sonic recommended. That seemed acceptable to all the others for now as they appeared to be in compliance.

"Then it's settled. Let's break into groups and find Discord!" Sunset commanded as the team planned to spread out to search for the mischievous Draconequus.