• Published 24th Jun 2017
  • 1,150 Views, 37 Comments

Sonic and EQG: Discord and Chaos - SonicAKG

  • ...
3
 37
 1,150

Discord's Idea

Discord's Idea

Through the city of Canterlot, Sonic was traveling through as a blue blur due to his high speed. He left behind a blue trail and as he did, he caused the wind to blow strongly. Sonic zipped through all the pathways of the entire city before he ended up near its outskirts. There, Sonic began to dash through the forest, making a splash as he zoomed across the lake before he started to reach for the tall grassy hills and headed for the top.

"Ah, nothing like a long run to spend the day." He said in a joyful tone.

"You said it!" Sonic heard Discord's voice say, causing him to perk up.

Sonic then turned to his right to see Discord in the form of a high-speed rocket as he was next to him. He then skidded to a stop, spraying debris everywhere as he then stood in place. Seeing this caused Discord to return back to his normal form as he began to clap loudly.

"Bravo, well done! I must admit, I've never seen a creature move this fast!" Discord praised before he turned to the screen. "Don't let Rainbow Dash know that, heh heh."

Sonic then rubbed his nose in a cocky manner as he let out a smile.

"Well, as I said before, I am the fastest thing alive. Anyway, what brings you here? I thought you were watching the girls practice?" Sonic asked him.

"Oh well, that didn't seem like too much fun, so then I remembered you. You seem like a funny guy and I like that." Discord said as he came next to Sonic and gave him a poke in the ribs.

"You also seem pretty cool. I mean, you can literally do anything! How awesome is that?!" Sonic gushed while Discord seemed pretty pleased at how this conversation was going.

"So, Sonic. What did you have in mind for a fun thing to do?" Discord asked as he took off the top of his head and presented it to Sonic as if it was a suggestion box.

"Actually, I was feeling pretty hungry right now and was thinking of getting something to eat." Sonic answered before he snapped his fingers. "Oh, I know!"

Sonic then suddenly dashed away, causing Discord to blink as the latter put the top of his head back in place. Sonic then returned shortly after. In each hand, he was holding a freshly cooked Chili-Dog in a bun that was giving off steam. Discord looked at what he had in his hands and gave a slightly disgusted look as he backed up a little.

"Just what are those?!" He asked with disdain as he pointed to the Chili-Dogs.

"These are the most delicious things ever! They're called Chili-Dogs. Trust me, your taste buds will be dancing after eating them. Probably literally for you. Try one." Sonic offered as he stuck out one Chili Dog to Discord.

Discord didn't seem so keen on eating the Chili-Dog. Despite what Sonic said, it honestly didn't look so appetizing to him, especially with that weird stuff that was covering it. He slightly stuck his tongue out and got a slightly squeamish look.

"I'm sorry Sonic, I think I'm going to have to pass on your meal. Something about it....doesn't look right." Discord declined as he turned his head completely around.

"Ah, shame. Oh well, more for me." Sonic said with a shrug as he prepared to eat the Chili Dog in his right. Due to this, he didn't notice Discord subtly snapping his fingers.

Before Sonic could eat the Chili-Dog, he suddenly heard a barking sound, puzzling him. He heard another bark coming from his left and Sonic turned to see that his Chili Dogs now had four legs and the faces of dogs on them.

"Wow!' Sonic said in a startled tone as he fumbled, causing the two dogs to fall on the floor and land on their feet. They barked towards Sonic before they began to scamper off as Sonic scratched his head.

"Uh.... Ok?" Sonic said before he turned to see Discord chuckling slightly.

"I found it so odd that you referred to your snack food as 'Dogs', so I decided to fix that misnomer." Discord explained.

"Ahhh, I see what you did there. I know when to appreciate a good joke. Good one." Sonic replied before he sped off after his food. Discord wasn't expecting Sonic to be such a good sport as he stood there with a somewhat blank expression.

As the Chili-Dogs began to run, Sonic passed through them quickly, launching them up in the air. When they came down, Sonic caught both of them in his mouth and happily ate them.

"Mhhhm! These taste even better!" Sonic said as he swallowed while Discord just looked on.

Discord was stumped. Normally when he used his powers to mess with people, part of what was so fun was seeing people's reactions towards it. But Sonic so far just took it in good stride, which was something he had rarely seen.

"(Looks like I'm going to have to try harder with this one.)" Discord thought as he stroked his long beard. After a while, he suddenly got an idea as he teleported in front of Sonic while wearing a sly grin.

"Say, Sonic. You seem like the kind of guy who enjoys a good adventure, am I right?" He began as Sonic gave him the thumbs up.

"Of course! I live for action!" Sonic responded.

"Well, in that case, I think I may have something you might be interested in. Want to see?" Discord cryptically told him as Sonics' face brightened.

"You bet! The way you talk, I can tell it's something exciting!" Sonic eagerly said as he began to vibrate in place.

"Ok then. Here we go!" Discord said as he snapped his fingers, creating a white flash enveloped the entire area while Sonic covered his eyes due to how bright the entire flash was.


When the flash was gone, Sonic opened his eyes to find that he was standing on a yellow cloud and was in an entirely different place. The sky was bright pink and the floor was like a checkers board except its colors were random. There were upside down structures floating around at the top. On the side were two large stone statues of Discord's upper half. Sonic could see a pipe on the end that seemed to shoot out stuffed animals. On the side, there were bushes that seemed to grow word bubbles that read 'HAHAHAHA'.

"Freaky." Sonic muttered as he observed the whole scene from above. Just then, the cloud he was on began to dissipate, causing him to fall floor at high speed. He was caught off guard at first but using his reflexes, Sonic was able to secure a safe landing. Shortly afterward, Discord came next to him while he was on a yellow cloud as well.

"Sooo, what is this exactly?" Sonic quizzically said.

"Oh, well, I just noticed how much you love to go on these little runs on yours." Discord told him as he made his fingers do the running motion. "I figured you would like to have a 'fun' obstacle course. How does it make you feel?"

Sonic then formed an excited look on his face as shown by his wide grin.

"How does it make me feel?! I can't wait to go through it! It looks like it'll be crazy! Granted, I've seen a lot of things in my day but still, I hope this one brings something new to the table!" He answered as he began to do a series of stretches.

Discord didn't seem too pleased by Sonic's answer. He was expecting him to be slightly frightened or at least taken back.

"Well then, enjoy." Discord slightly grumbled as his cloud floated back while Sonic got in a running position.

"Here we....go!"Sonic said as he dashed off in a blue streak.

Sonic then began to make his way across the platform using his superior speed. So far, it appeared to be normal as Sonic raced across it. However, when he was right in the middle, a piece of the floor came off just as his foot was about to land on it. The result caused him to fall right through. Luckily, he managed to hold on using one hand as he saw the bottomless area beneath him. Sonic pulled himself to see other parts of the floor started to disappear randomly as Discord approached him with a smug look.

"Whoopsie, did I do that? Sorry, I didn;t want it to be too easy for you." Discord said while Sonic just readied his legs.

"You're not wrong. I enjoy a good challenge! Bring it on!" He said happily while Discord made a small frown as he watched Sonic zoom on ahead.

Sonic managed to avoid the parts of the floor that were beginning to fall and he started to get closer to the two giant statues of Discord. The moment Sonic moved past the two of them, one statue started to breathe a stream of flames towards him while the other fired a gust of wind. He slid underneath in order to avoid the flame but as he walked through the gust of wind, he struggled to move against it. Sonic was beginning to be pushed back slightly, but he turned his feet into the 'figure 8' motion, allowing him to move blitz past. As he did, the two statues both grit their teeth.

As Sonic continued to run, he suddenly noticed a large shadow was coming over him. Sonic gained a curious look when he looked up to see something that made his eyes widen. One of the large upside down structures was starting to fall towards him. Sonic clenched his teeth as he sped forward, avoiding the impact. Afterward, more of the buildings began to fall towards him as Sonic avoided being crushed. As the last one was heading in his direction, he jumped and became a blue streak as he dashed through it and came out on the other side. When Sonic landed on, he found himself inside a giant teacup. After, it began to spin rapidly at high speed with him inside. As it was spinning, he was starting to get dizzy.

"Wooooooooah!'" Sonic yelled out before the teacup stopped spinning and Sonic then found himself wobbling forward as he struggled to keep balance.

The floor then turned into a slippery substance, causing Sonic to slide forward uncontrollably, making it more difficult for him to stand straight. As this happened, a series of spiked metal spheres began to roll down in front of Sonic. Discord then saw this and covered his eyes.

"I can't watch!" He said before eyes appeared over his hands.

As the spheres closed in on Sonic, he suddenly charged forward in his boost, allowing him to easily plow through the incoming objects as he now had gotten the hang of the change of the floor. As he charged forward, the floor began to grow thinner and thinner before it turned into a single yellow line as Sonic jumped above it. When his feet landed, he now was able to grind freely.

"Ah yeah, now we're talking!" Sonic yelled out.

Discord noticed the whole thing as his entire face began to sink. Sonic was......having a great time in his crazy obstacle course. Discord then snapped his fingers, causing everything to return to normal as Sonic found himself in the air. He blinked before he fell down on the ground and landed face first. Discord then popped in next to him as Sonic got his face out of the ground.

"Hey, what gives?!" Sonic asked as he dusted himself off.

"I don't get it. I put you in a situation that threatens your life and you enjoy it?!" Discord questioned with a bewildered look.

"Yeah. I told you. I do stuff like this all the time. It's no biggie." Sonic casually said while Discord stared at him with disbelief before he shook his head.

"But you could have been really hurt!" Discord pointed out as he made himself appear in bandages and severely damaged before returning to normal.

"Hey, life is more exciting that way. I always love to be on the move!" Sonic stated as he rubbed his hands eagerly. "So, what's next?"

Discord didn't know what to do. Sonic in a way was quite similar to him as they both enjoyed doing crazy fun-filled activities. The main difference was that Sonic like to do things fast....

A thought passed through Discord's head as he formed a mischevious grin. He then looked down towards Sonic.

"Well, Sonic, since you seemed to be having so much fun in there. I think I'll let you go back." Discord decided as he generated a red floating door in front of him, much to Sonic's delight.

"Sweet! Thanks, Discord!" Sonic said as he prepared to dash towards it.

"Ah, but here's a catch." Discord said as he snapped his fingers.

There was suddenly a time ripple as Sonic's body was stretched forward before he returned to normal. A series of smaller ripples started to emerge from his body. Sonic then found himself going slow.....very slow in fact. As he tried to move his body, he found he was barely making a motion as his leg hardly moved.

"W-haaaat........t-hheeeeeee....."Sonic replied in an equally slow form, much to his shock.

"See, but there's a catch. You always go on and on about going so fast, so I figured you could learn some patience. You'll reach the door..eventually." Discord rubbed in Sonic's face, causing him to form a look of horror on his face.

The one thing that Sonic hated the most was waiting. What was even worse was the fact that he had to wait when there was something amazing just right in front of him ! He wouldn't be able to handle that.

"N.....oooooooooooo-oooo!!!" Sonic screamed as he tried in vain to go faster but it was no use.

"You'll thank me for this. I'm teaching you a lesson. Now, I'd love to stay but you might be here for a loooong time, so I'll leave you to it. Toodles." Discord said as he waved and vanished, leaving poor Sonic alone as he still struggled to move.


A while later, Discord was floating above the city of Canterlot, though not in a position for others to be able to see him. He then let out a long stretch as he went over the events that had happened so far.

"I must admit, looking back at it, maybe it was for the best I left the bandroom. I had a lot of fun with my new 'friends'." Discord said as he conjured a sheet of paper that featured Sonic, Silver, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow with checks all over them. He then folded it up and put it away.

"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since I was freed from my statue for the first time. Though I feel like I'm missing something." He added before he suddenly stopped mid-air as his eyes popped out from his head.

Down below, Discord saw Fluttershy walking through the city with her green backpack. She was alone as she wore a smile on her face while Discord observed her using a telescope.

"Fluttershy?! And she's alone, perfect!" Discord said as he was about to fly down to greet here. Before he could, he was stopped by another version of himself wearing glasses.

"Hey, what gives?" He asked his doppelganger.

"Don't you remember the last time you were with her? She wasn't too happy to see us. In fact, she agreed to kick us out." Discord's other reminded him, as Discord now had a neutral expression on his face. He put his hand to his chin.

"You can't just rush at her. We have to think of ways to win her over here. Plan it out." The other Discord suggested while Discord himself smiled at the idea.

"That sounds like a good idea! We can keep an eye on her while thinking of the best way to make her adore us! Me, I am lucky to have you!" Discord praised as he shook hands with himself before his double vanished.

Discord then began to Fluttershy's path, which she didn't notice. After a few minutes, he saw that Fluttershy heading towards a medium-sized house with a green rooftop with a prominent chimney.

"Oh, this must be where she lives. Eh, I prefer my Fluttershy's cottage." Discord said as he formed a five-star rating out of thin air.

Discord watched as Fluttershy took out a key from a small section of her backpack, which she then used to unlock the front door to her house as she went inside. After that, Discord got into a thinking position as his duplicate appeared before him once more.

"Ok then, Discord. Think. Think. What can we do to befriend this Fluttershy?" The two Discords wondered out loud. "She's Fluttershy...so what does she like?"

Discord then reached his hand inside his other self's head in order to look through his thoughts to remember what Fluttershy's main interest where. As he was, the second Discord's eye's widened.

"Look behind you!" Discord was told as his copy turned his head around to see what he saw.

Discord saw Manic walking on the sidewalk. The shaggy green haired teen appeared quite cheery at this time as he was humming to himself while his hands were in his pockets. The direction he was walking suggested that he was heading towards Fluttershy's house.

"Oh, him! I knew something was missing!"Discord recalled as he snapped his fingers before turning to himself. "What about him?"

"Remember this?" The identical Discord said as he made a transparent floating head of Manic appear before them.

"Hey, Fluttershy, we're still on for later, right?" The head said before it disappeared.

"Don't you see what this means? This one's going to spend time with Fluttershy....time which she could be spending with us! If she doesn't hang out with us, how are we supposed to win her over?!" Discord told himself as he now understood the situation.

"You're right. We can't let him get in the way. Thanks again, Me!" Discord responded as he shook hands with himself once more before he vanished in a white flash.

Meanwhile, Manic began to approach Fluttershy's house. While he did, he started to think out loud.

"Man, I got a good feeling about tonight. Fluttershy's going to love where I'm taking her!" He stated as he stood in front of the door of her house.

Manic then rang the front door. Instead of hearing a bell ringing, he heard Discord's voice say 'DING DONG!'

A confused Manic then looked up to see Discord, who was in the form of a door. Discord then uncoiled himself to revert back to his original form as he now stood over Manic. He didn't seem to happy to see him as he crossed his arms.

"Oh, hey, Discord. Haven't seen you all day! What's up?" He questioned as he stuck his hand out for a fist bump.

Discord just continued to look down at Manic with distaste and left him hanging. He then formed a puzzled expression after a while and brought his fist down.

"Anyway, do you know if Fluttershy's ready? We're supposed to head out now." Manic said in a quizzical tone. Hearing this caused Discord's eyes to turn smaller and glow slightly as he glared at Manic.

"No, I don't. In fact, I'm sorry to tell you that there's been a change of plans." Discord said as he ripped up a sheet of paper before turning it to cinders.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Manic asked.

"I've decided that it's unfitting for you and Fluttershy to spend so much time together when she could be with yours truly." The jealous Draconequess explained as he pointed to himself. "I'm afraid you'll have to leave."

Manic then raised an eyebrow. "You're not making any sense. What do you mean unfitting?"

Discord got closer to him in a menacing manner, causing Manic to back up a bit.

"Fluttershy is my best friend. And I don't need some green haired punk getting in the way. Stay. Away. From. Fluttershy." Discord told him in a threatening manner before he backed up.

Manic looked up at Discord and shot him a look before he folded his arms.

"No way! You don't get to decide who Fluttershy gets to be friends with! And besides, I've been looking forward to tonight for a long time and I'm not going to let some weird dragon, horse, thing or whatever ruin it for me!" Manic snapped as he stood his ground. "If I have to go through you, I'm up for that."

Manic was prepared to dash in a speedy wave but before he could, Discord grabbed Manic by the top of his hair and lifted him up. Manic began to struggle but he couldn't get loose.

"Ow, hey! Let me go!" Manic demanded as Discord looked at him up and down.

"Ah, yes. I know how to deal with you." Discord said as he using his free hand, he tore a hole in the fabric of reality. The result was a swirling hole which flashed many different colors. Manic formed a concerned look on his face as he looked directly into it.

"What is that?!" He cried as Discord flashed a mischevious grin.

"Bon Voyage!" Discord yelled as he tossed Manic into the hole.

Manic was flailing his limbs around as he began to fall through the flashing portal, screaming at the top of his lungs while Discord looked on.

"Have fun falling through multiple dimensions!" He called out before he closed the hole.

Shortly after, the door to Fluttershy's house opened, revealing her as she took a step outside. She looked around until her eyes landed on Discord, who smiled widely and waved to her rapidly. Fluttershy was surprised to see him there.

"Oh. Discord." She said before he appeared behind her in her house. Fluttershy turned around to see him as she closed her door.

"Hello there, Fluttershy! Nice weather we're having, wouldn't you say?" Discord greeted in a cordial manner as he tipped a hat.

Fluttershy wasn't sure how to react to him. Earlier he had been disruptive during their band practice but at the same time, if he was a friend of Princess Twilight, she didn't want to hurt his feelings either.

"I-I suppose." She answered in a small tone. Her face perked up as she just remembered something.

"Oh, Discord, since you were in the neighborhood, did you happen to see Manic? He was supposed to meet me outside my house." Fluttershy said.

Hearing Manic's name made Discord slightly frown and clenched his teeth discreetly.

"Actually, I did. He told me to tell you that he's decided to cancel the plans you two had. He said he never wanted to see you again." Discord told her as he teleported around Fluttershy, who formed a slightly surprised look after hearing this.

"Really? That doesn't sound like Manic." She said as she put her finger on her chain.

"Oh well, y'know, sometimes friends can change just like that." Discord quickly said as he snapped his fingers to turn himself into a mismatched form before he returned to normal.

"It's not big deal. You're better off without him anyway. Now that you're not with him, you can hang out with me." Discord went on as he pulled Fluttershy in for a hug.

Fluttershy didn't seem so eager to hang out with Discord and her face showed it as she formed an unsure expression. So far, he'd just caused trouble. To be fair though, she hadn't actually spent some quality time with him. Aside from being friends with Princess Twilight, he said he was best friends with her counterpart in Equestria, so that meant something. Perhaps she should give him a chance.....

"Well.....I...guess that doesn't sound too bad." She reluctantly said.

Those words were like music to Discord's ear as he now looked like he had won a grand prize. He then flew up for joy as he clasped his hands in delight.

"Oh, that is just wonderful! I know!" Discord exclaimed as he snapped his fingers.

A small table then appeared with a pink tea set and a few sandwiches as Discord and Fluttershy were now sitting across from each other. Fluttershy's eyes widened as she looked around.

"In Equestria, the two of us always have tea together." Discord elaborated as he sipped a cup.

Discord saw that Fluttershy looked a little uncomfortable as she rubbed her arm. She hadn't taken a cup or picked up a sandwich.

"Fluttershy, what's wrong? Have a drink or a bite to eat." He urged as he floated the tea set and sandwiches to Fluttershy, whose expression didn't change.

"Well....it's just that...I don't really drink...tea." She answered in a shy tone.

Discord wasn't expecting this as he caused the objects to float down.

"Oh, I see...." He replied.

Discord then started to sweat and become nervous. He finally had some quality time with this world's Fluttershy and he couldn't risk messing it up. He had to make a good second impression. He had to think of something. Discord's eyes began to dart around rapidly before they stopped.

"I have just the idea!" Discord announced, making Fluttershy focus on him. He then pulled her next to him.

"I think we're a little uncomfortable around each other because we haven't had the right kind of quality time. I think a cross dimensional adventure should do the trick!" Discord stated. "(If Fluttershy see's what a hero I can be, she'll be my friend in no time!)"

Discord's idea didn't sound like what Fluttershy had in mind as she formed a worried and timid look. She then looked up at Discord.

"Um..I'm not so-" Fluttershy started before Discord cut her off.

"No need to say anything. I'm sure wherever we go, you'll have a grand time! Now then, let's leave it chance where we can have some fun!" He shouted as he snapped his fingers, taking him and Fluttershy to a random dimension as they disappeared in a white flash.