• Published 29th May 2018
  • 342 Views, 4 Comments

Macpone - Keystroke Cascade

  • ...
 4
 342

Act III

Twilight didn’t know what to think, she felt horrible. After Spike had discovered Celestia, everypony was in shock and Luna had fled to the Crystal Empire, making it easy to pin the blame on her. The ponies looked towards Twilight for a new leader, and what could she do but oblige. After her now royal duty of raising the sun, she had events to plan, a long day of meeting with the upper class ponies in Canterlot, before dining with them later tonight.

'Ugghhh' she wondered, stomping through the halls, 'how did Celestia put up with this?'

She turned a corner and immediately ran into Spike.

“Hey Twilight” Spike began, “I was just going to take Gummy here for a walk.”

He held up his arm with the toothless alligator clamped onto it.

“Anyway, what have you got on?”

“Oh, nothing much, I just have to go to dinner with a bunch of upper class ponies later tonight, speaking of which, I really need you to be there as my Number One Assistant!”

“I don’t know Twilight, I might be a while...” he trailed off reluctantly.

“Come on Spike, I really need you, there’ll be gem cakes!”

“Alright fine, but I’d better get some of those gem cakes later” he called out as he walked out the door.

'Phew' Twilight breathed out. 'Now I just have to-'

A sudden worry interrupted her chain of thought.

'What if Spike knew! What if he was planning to get rid of me and replace me with that ridiculous crocodile!'

Twilight knew she had to take action, she looked out the window and saw two identical shady-looking business ponies, next to a peculiar wagon that had lots of bells and whistles (literally). She trotted out to them and asked

“what be your business here, strangers?”

The two looked at her before replying; “whatever business we can find, be it good, or... questionable, why do you ask?”

Twilight gulped. “I have a little problem that needs dealing with.”

The Twins leaned in as Twilight elaborated.

~

Rainbow Dash was in her room, pacing, waiting for Twilight. There was hoof beats outside the door and Rainbow Dash waited for it to open, in walked a weary looking Twilight.

“Hey Twi, what’s up?” Rainbow Dash attempted to brighten her mood. “We need you to look your best for dinner tonight, ya’ know, show those fancy ponies how to really wear a dress!”

Twilight sighed.

“I don’t know Rainbow, everything about this just feels... Wrong, in every way possible. I can barely sleep and now I have to listen to the demands of all of these stuffy ponies.”

“It’ll be okay Twi, one day, we might just take over the world, so one small step at a time. Now you go out there and demonstrate your leadership!”

Twilight smiled weakly and started walking towards the dining hall.

“Fine, fine”

About half an hour into the feast, guests were still arriving, as one of the business ponies hurried up to Twilight. He whispered in her ear, informing her that he and his brother had managed to take Spike by surprise, but Gummy had still managed to get away. Twilight planned to meet with him again tomorrow to discuss the matter further, and he hurried away.

Twilight sighed, all of these high-class ponies sure were boring, she got up to get some wine and when she turned around the glass shattered on the floor. The room grew quiet as she looked at where she had been sitting. There, in her chair, was the bloody, battered corpse of Spike.

Her mouth dropped. “I- It can’t be...”

There was a pause.

“Who has done this?” She suddenly demanded.

The other ponies looked at her like she was crazy

“huh? Who dun what now?”

Rainbow Dash almost ran into her with a lampshade on her head. Twilight ignored her.

Wwhat is this apparition that appears before me, why doth it have the gall to appear at this moment?”

Rainbow Dash looked around nervously.

“Sorry folks, but her highness is feeling unwell at the moment, perhaps everypony should leave.”

The other ponies looked at her and started walking out, talking amongst themselves in hushed tones.

“Do you think she’s OK?”

“What is up with her, is she crazy?”

“If she starts talking in third person, I’m out!”

After they had all left, Rainbow Dash slapped Twilight.

“Twi, snap out of it Twi!”

Twilight blinked and shook her head from the sudden impact. Her panicked eyes met Rainbow's.

“Rainbow, I saw him” she said, on the verge of tears, “he was sitting right there” she gestured to her chair.

“I killed him Dashie, I killed him...” She sobbed in her embrace.

“Shhh, it’s gonna be fine, everything is gonna turn out fine...”

Twilight pushed her away and stood up with a firm resolve.

“I’m going back to see those Apple sisters tomorrow so I can talk to them about this.”

Author's Note:

This is the end of the parts I wrote, the rest is by a friend.