• Published 29th May 2018
  • 342 Views, 4 Comments

Macpone - Keystroke Cascade

  • ...
 4
 342

Act I

'Twas a long and bloody battle but, eventually, the ponies won the day. Their adversary was tough and hardened. The changeling army had put the royal guard through a tough time, but had once again failed to invade Canterlot.

Twilight and Spike were walking back to Ponyville when they see three mares on the side of the trail, surrounding a cauldron with apples in it.

“Who are you weird sisters?” asked Twilight.

“We is the Apple sisters” the old one said in a spooky voice.

“We is here ta give you a prophecy…” continued the orange one with the stupid hat.

“Do ya think I’ll get ma cutie mark for this?” questioned the little one, in an excited voice.

“Shut up Apple Bloom, we’re supposed to be scary” remarked the one with the stupid hat, “and my hat is not stupid! thank’ee very little, narrator.”

“uhh, sorry?” replied Twilight, “but what are you three doing here anyway?”

“We come with this prophecy here” said the old one, “All hail Twilight, Princess of Friendship.”

The orange one was next. “All hail Twilight, Mayor of Ponyville.”

Then; “all hail Twilight, Princess of Equestria” the midget finished.

“Yeah right,” exclaimed Spike, “and I’ll raise a toothless alligator that will rule the world.”

“Ohhh, but you will...” the sisters said in unison.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“you’ll find out soon enough” said the sisters, as they disappeared into the mist.

“Well, that happened” said Twilight.

~

When they arrived in Ponyville, a green unicorn ran up to them telling Twilight that in the battle, Mayor Mare had died and that Twilight was now the Mayor of Ponyville.

“Ohmygoshohmygosh” exhaled Twilight as she ran towards the Golden Oaks Library, “I need to tell Dashie.”

She all but kicked down the front door as she rushed in and nearly collided with a streak of colour on the other side.

“OhmygoshdashieIneedtotellyousomethingthathappenedonthewayhere!”

“Hold your horses there Twi, first you have to speak in coherent sentences” said the colourful Pegasus, “now, slow down and tell me what happened.”

“Well,” Twilight began, “we were coming back to Ponyville when there were some weird ponies on the road, they stopped us and said I would be Mayor of Ponyville and Princess of Equestria, and guess what happened when I just got back... I BECAME MAYOR OF PONYVILLE!” she finished in a shout.

Rainbow Dash contemplated this.

“Hmmm, Princess you say... Well Celestia should be visiting soon if you are now mayor, as it is tradition for the new mayor to host an event for the visiting monarch, whadda ya say we just bump her off eh?”

“Rainbow!” Twilight exclaimed in shock, “You can’t be suggesting...”

Rainbow Dash nodded.

“But I couldn’t! she’s my mentor and a good friend.”

“Twi, you gotta see the big picture; if you become Princess, you’ll be, like, 20% cooler!”

“I don’t know Dash,” rebutted Twilight, “It sounds like a risky endeavour that could end in unhappiness, madness and death”

“naw, you’re over thinking things Twilight, what’s the worst that could happen?”

“Do you want me to run the statistics for you, because it has about a 37.4% chance of hap-“

She was quickly muted by Dash’s hoof in her mouth, preventing her from talking “Come on Twily, do it, are you a mare, or a mouse?”

“Fine, but if we do it, we’re doing it my way.”

“And what way is that?”

“With SCIENCE!”

A few days later…

Princess Celestia was at the cake table when Flash Sentry, her most loyal guard, reminded her that she had an announcement to make. She tore her eyes away from the beautiful triple layered chocolate fudge with strawberry icing on top masterpiece she was eating and cleared her throat (it was a bit horse).

“In light of Twilight’s recent promotion to mayor of Ponyville, I have seen it fit to announce my protégée.”

This was met by a mixed reaction, some ponies were surprised, while others were to wasted to notice, like Berry Punch.

“Now it will come as no surprise that the next in line to the throne will be one who has great strength in ruling so without further delay, the next ruler of Equestria will be…”

She pause for dramatic tension

“Princess Luna!”

This provoked another reaction from the crowd, mostly positive, however, the most noticeable was Twilight Sparkle, who sprayed punch over Rainbow Dash, who then stared daggers at her. Celestia sighed, she should have guessed her star pupil wouldn’t have taken it as well as she hoped, oh well, at least she had this great cake…

A few minutes later...

“Come on Twi!” Rainbow Dash pleaded, “We gotta kill her now, there is no way you’ll become princess after Luna!”

“Just let me think” complained Twilight, “There HAS to be another way to fulfil the prophecy without, you know, MURDER!”

“Twi, there is no other way, just go through with it, it’ll be fine...”

“For some reason, you saying murder is fine doesn’t give me much confidence in our future, but I’ll do it anyway, just ‘cos I love you.”

“That’s the spirit!” crowed Rainbow Dash, as they left to go to bed.