• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 825 Views, 1 Comments

My Little Pony: Son of the Night - HunterBrony101



The story of how Princess Luna met a brave and noble knight and gave birth to a son.

  • ...
 1
 825

Chapter 2

So it was, Lancelot and Luna began dating. They would go out to dinner, stroll through Canterlot, take boat rides, even watch the stars at night. They started to know more about each other making their love even stronger.

One year later, Lancelot came to Luna to ask her a very important question.

"My dear Lancelot!" Luna said as she ran up to her coltfriend and hugged him. "I missed you."

"I missed you as well, Luna."

"So what have you got going on today?"

"There's something I want to ask. Can we go somewhere private?"

"Of course my love...Where would you like?"

"The Royal Garden feels like where I wish to talk."

"That would be lovely my beloved, lead on dearest."

The two went to the royal garden together, leaning on each other as they walked.

"What do you have to say to me when we arrive Lancey?" Luna cooed at him hoping to coax an answer.

"It's a surprise~" Lancelot chuckled teasing Luna's curiosity, Luna gave in and decided to wait, as impatient as she was; once at the garden Lancelot took her to a lovely spot.

"Alright Lancelot, what is it you want to ask me?" Luna asked trying to show patience.

Lancelot takes a deep breath then he spoke, "Luna, our time together has been the best time of my life, and I don't want it to ever stop."

"Neither do I Lancelot...You are a stallion handsome and kind."

"I can think of only one thing that would make me happier, and that's just one little word from you."

Lancelot then timidly pulled out a small box from out of his saddlebag

"Luna..." He began as he opened the box revealing a gold horn ring with a diamond. "...Will you marry me?"

Luna could not believe what was happening, she was totally caught by surprise, staring at the ring she teared up and smiled; there was one answer she had... "Yes!"

Luna, not able to contain her joy pounced him and while on the ground kissed him over and over again.

And So, they began preparations for the wedding. They sent invitations, looked over the food, flowers and dresses, and made sure there were no evil changelings(Thorax and his changelings being the one exception). Luna even chose Starlight Glimmer to be her mare of honor.

Soon the day of the wedding arrived. Luna was in her dressing room with Rarity and Starlight getting ready. She was wearing the wedding dress Rarity made her admiring it.

"So what do you think Princess?" Rarity asked Luna, but Starlight gave her 2 cents before Luna.

"I think she looks lovely." Starlight commented.

"It looks beautiful. You did excellent work as always, Rarity." Luna complimented smiling warmly.

A knock was heard at the door interrupting them.

"Come in." Luna softly ordered.

The door opened revealing a guard walking in and stopping to salute.

Princess Luna, everypony is ready for you.

"Thank you guard." Luna said, being a little nervous.

The wedding hall was packed. There were flowers, and ribbons everywhere. Everypony was excited, including Twilight, her friends, Shining Armor and Cadence, Flurry Heart, even Lancelot's parents, Lionel and Jessica. Lancelot stood on the stand with Celestia excited on the inside, on the outside he was to the mares in the room adorably nervous.

The ceremony then began as the wedding march sounded, Bridesmaids and Grooms-ponies walked down the Isle. Finally, Luna came down with the wedding dress Rarity made.

Lancelot watched with pride as his bride approached, he knew she was beautiful but now? She was more stunning than he ever saw her before; Luna soon made it to her destination.

The two faced Celestia who signaled everypony to take their seats, Celestia then spoke.

"My dearest subjects, we are here today to celebrate the love of my sister Princess Luna and Sir Lancelot. They are standing here today to come together as one."

A young colt brought out the rings to the two lovers.

Celestia turned first to Lancelot and asked, "Do you Sir Lancelot, take Luna to be your wedded wife, through sickness and in health, as long as you shall live?"

"I do." Lancelot answered smiling at Luna for all the world with a burning love in his heart and eyes.

Celestia turned to Luna, "And do you Princess Luna, take this stallion to be your wedded husband?"

"I do." Luna said proudly, tears leaking as she smiled.

"Then by the power invested in me, I pronounce you Stallion and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Luna and Lancelot kissed as the crowd cheered. The couple walked out onto the balcony and waved at the cheering ponies. They passed the crowd and climbed into a cart. Luna tossed her bouquet to Starlight who caught it with a smile.

That night the reception went on. Everypony enjoyed the refreshments. Lancelot and Luna nuzzled each other. They met up with Lancelot's parents. Twilight then sang the same song she sung at Shining Armor and Cadence's wedding, and everypony danced. [link]

Soon the party ended. Lancelot and Luna bid farewell to their friends and families and walked to a carriage that was set for their honeymoon.

Luna could only smiles as she cuddled with her new husband, "This has been the best wedding yet, dear."

"It certainly has been my love." Lancelot hummed back at her.

"So, What do you plan on doing on our honeymoon?""

"It's a surprise."

"Hm... I wonder what it will be?"

"You'll see~" Lancelot teased, knowing Luna got annoyed by that, and she enjoyed it as well; the carriage then rode off into the night.

For their honeymoon, Lancelot decided to take Luna to the beautiful green paradise he would often play in as a colt. There were fields of flowers, woodland creatures that frolicked around, and a river with a small waterfall.

Luna was amazed by what surrounded her, "It's so beautiful."

"I knew you'd like it."

"Like it? I love it!"

So Lancelot and Luna enjoyed the paradise. They would sit among the animals, have a picnic, walk along the river, and at night, they watched the stars in the sky.

After a month, the loving couple returned to Canterlot where Celestia was happy to see them again. That day, Amalthea sent one of her angels to deliver great news for Luna.

Luna was resting in the palace until she saw a bright light.

The light faded revealing the angel of Amalthea.

"Greetings, you who are highly favored! Amalthea is with you."

"Who are you?" Luna asked feeling startled.

"Gabriel. Fear not, for you have found favor with Amalthea. You will conceive and give birth to a son. He will be great and will be called the Star Prince. He will reign over Amalthea's ponies forever; his kingdom will never end."

Luna naturally was confused and explained why, "How can this be? For I am a virgin."

"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the the power of Amalthea will overshadow you. That child will be the Star Prince. Even Elizabeth, your good friend, is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was thought unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For with Amalthea, nothing is impossible."

Luna bowed in reverence in her bed, "I am the Lady’s servant, let it be according to your word."

Gabriel smiled and disappeared shortly after.

Luna then felt the holy spirit touch her, and she realized she was expecting.

"Just wait till I tell Lancelot the good news."

Luna found Lancelot in the royal garden.

Luna then called her husband in a sing-song tone, "Oh Lancelot~"

"What is it Luna?"

"I have some good news to tell you~" Luna chimed smiling.

"Good news?"

"Yes, we're going to be parents~!" Luna chirped excitedly.

Lancelot excited as well replied, "Really?!"

Luna nods and answers, "Mmhmm~"

"Oh Luna!" He shouted picking Luna up by the waist and twirled around. "When and how did you find out?"

Luna simply grins and answered, "Let's just say, an angel told me."

"An angel?" Lancelot asked perplexed.

"Yes. It was strange, but he told me we are going to have son."

"A son? Another colt to train for a knight!" Lancelot proclaimed proudly.

"And a new prince." Luna added warmly.

So it was, Luna and Lancelot prepared for their son's arrival as the months passed. Everypony else was happy about the news, even Cadence helped Luna through her pregnancy.

As the months passed by, Luna became more destined to see her new son. One day, she visited her good friend Elizabeth to help her untill her child was born. When Elizabeth gave birth, she and her husband Zechariah named him John. Unkown to everypony, John would help prepare ponies for the way of the Star Prince.

Author's Note:

This contains religious themes. If you don't like it, please don't add dislikes and move on.