• Published 29th Jun 2017
  • 1,069 Views, 48 Comments

The Brother's Adventure - lightningman



After the events of The True Me, Damyon's brother gets transferred to canterlot high.

  • ...
7
 48
 1,069

Chapter 7 - Day 2

The next morning I awoke the PA system.

"Good morning, students, and happy Thursday. Just a reminder to pick up your ballots for the Princess of the Fall Formal today. They are due at the time the dance starts tomorrow night, so don't forget to turn them in and make your voice heard." I groan as I get up and put my hood and face mask on. I look out the equipment room doors to see the gym empty. I smile and exit the room. I put my hand on the lock and begin to channel some void magic into it. This would be the first true test of my void magic abilities. I was going to create a tripwire that would alert me if anyone went inside. Once finished I went and looked for Pinkie or Twilight. Either of them would be fine. I eventually heard some commotion in a nearby room.

"Me three! I like your new look!" I instantly recognized Pinkie's voice and opened the door.

"Hey girls." I close the door and yawn a bit.

"Hey, Xavy." Pinkie bounced towards me.

"But anyway. Rarity." I look at her. "Pinkie does appreciate your work." I stretch a few bones crack. "There we go." I smile underneath my face mask.

"Who are you?" Rarity asked.

"My name is Xayvier." Twilight's eyes smile at learning my name finally. While Rarity nods.

"You're the ruffian that made Mr. Sombra mad."

"And Sunset Shimmer. And Bulk Biceps." I pause. "Probably a lot of other now that I think about it." I shrug.

"In any case, why are you here? And how do you know Pinkie appreciates my work."

"To this, I answer with another question. Who wouldn't? You were the one that made my face mask. My Dad went to your store on my behalf." I turn around and take the face mask off, covering my face with the collar of my jacket. I turn back around and showed it to Rarity.

"Oh yes. I remember this. This was one of the only face masks I ever made." She smiles and she feels the material. "You obviously wear it a lot. Why exactly?" She asks me. I look at Pinkie and she was keeping quiet. I then turn to everybody and say this.

"Pinkie Promise not to tell anybody." There was no hint of hesitation or joking in my voice. A few girls held out their pinkies while Twilight's eyes widen. "Not that Pinkie Promise," I say. Everyone's eyes widen at this. They look at each other and go through the motions and say the words. I nod and take off my hood and look at them. They yelp and jump a little at my appearance. I've been told that Half-burnt hair and a scarred eye aren't the best things to look at when they first see people's faces.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy squeaks.

"What happened to you, darling?" Rarity asks.

"Short Story or Long version?"

"Short please," Twilight said.

"I got struck by lightning. Got kicked out of my house. Pinkie helped me make a place to live." I smile at her gently. She blushes a little bit and smiles back.

"Wait. So you're homeless?" Applejack asked.

"As of yesterday." I nod.

"How?"

"huh?"

"How did Sunset make you homeless?"

"Why do you think Sunset made me homeless?" I smirk amused.

"Y-You mean she didn't make you homeless?"

"Nope." I shake my head. "My parents forced me out of the house." All of their jaws drop. "Anyway. That isn't important. Twilight. The dress is great. The wig leaves a lot to be desired. We need to show you why everyone was looking at you strangely." I sigh. "It's not good."

"What?"
--------------------------------------------------------------Later------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, it's really not that bad." Pinkie nervously laughed as she opened her laptop to the video that Sunset made of her.

"Twilight Sparkle wants to beyourFall Formal Princess. But what does it say aboutourschool if we give someone likethis... such an important honor?" Said the video as it showed embarrassing moments of Twilight in the library. I was leaning against the wall with my arms crossed and a frown on my face. Which was admittedly off-putting to anybody. At the end. Twilight was sputtering.

"I take that back. It's pretty bad!" Pinkie said.

"But this all happened yesterday! At the library! Has everyone in the school seen this? Is that why they were all looking at me that way?"

"Yeah." I sigh as I got off the wall.

"What am I gonna do? No one is gonna vote for me after seeingthis!"

"Not that it'll make any difference, but I'll still vote for you."

"Me too." I shrug.

"You two were so nice to stand up for me when Sunset Shimmer was picking on me yesterday."

"If ya still wanna run, maybe there's somethingIcan do to help!" Pinkie said.

"Word of advice? Don't acceptherhelp. She doesn't take anything seriously!" Fluttershy frowned. Eventually everyone got into the argument.

"Quiet." I banged my fist on a nearby desk cracking it.

"Thank you, Xayvier. I wanna show you something. You were friends once." She showed the picture of them all.

"Hmm. The Freshman Fair. Y'all remember?" Applejack said as everyone nods.

"But something happened. I think that something was Sunset Shimmer."

"Well, it's a nice theory, darling, but Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with it."

"She's right. Sunset Shimmer isn't the one who ruined my silent auction for the animal shelter by bringing fireworks and noisemakers! It was supposed to be a serious event, and Pinkie Pie ruined it!" I look at Pinkie Pie.

"Please explain what happened with the text."

"Text?" Fluttershy looks at Pinkie Pie.

"I got a text from you saying that you didn't want a silent auction. You wanted a big party!" Pinkie Pie said.

"I never sent you a text!" Fluttershy said.

"You didn't?" Pinkie Pie said.

"No. Sunset Shimmer sent that text." I frown.

"You don't think she's the one who's been sending me those e-mails, do you? Every time I volunteer to help with the decorations at a school function, I get an e-mail from Pinkie Pie saying she has plenty of volunteers! AndthenI find out she's done everything herself."

"Maybeshe'sthe reason Rainbow Dash didn't show up for my bake sale!" Applejack said.

"Didn't you ever ask Rainbow Dash why she didn't show up?"

"Heh, I guess I kinda stopped talkin' to her atallafter that."

"Dumb decision to make." I cross my arms. I look at rarity and hold out my hand to take my face mask back. She hands it to me and I put it on and pull my hood over my face. Only the glint of my eyes visible underneath it.

"Oooh. Menacing." Pinkie Pie said.

"Maybe now would be a good time to start," Twilight said as she got up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------Later.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Somebody, and I think we can all guess who told Rainbow Dash that my bake sale had been moved to a different day. Dash showed up with all the softball team and thoughtI'dcancelled onher!"

"So you're lookin' to dethrone Sunset Shimmer and become Princess of the Fall Formal, huh? Gotta say, I'dreallylove to see that happen. I'lltotallyhelp you out! All you gotta do is beat me in a game of one-on-one." Rainbow Dash said to Twilight. She then sent a ball towards the goal which I used blink to intercept.

"No cheating," I say to her. Rainbow Dash's eyes widen before smiling. "I'll be taking Twilight's place in the game." I put the soccer ball on the ground. And got ready. My hand glowed a bit underneath my gloves as I prepared Bend Time.

"GO!" Applejack yelled as Rainbow Dash went for the ball. I activated the power and took the ball from her. dribbling it to her goal. I stopped bend time and Rainbow Dash fell over when the ball wasn't there.

"Score? One." I kick the ball into the goal. "Zero." I smile at everyone's look of bafflement. Especially Rainbow Dash. She smiles and I get into my goal. She backs up and kicks the ball at me. I move aside and use Summon assassin to take the hit. It hits the assassin and as it drops to the ground. The assassin dissipates into dust and vapour. Everyone's jaws dropped at this.

"Ok! Timeout!" Rainbow went to me. "How did you do that?" I smile as I take my glove off my glowing hand. I show everyone the Outsider's mark.

"I have powers."

"That... Is... AWESOME!!!" Rainbow Dash cheered. "Sure. I'll help you two takedown Sunset Shimmer." She smiled.

"Alright. But don't tell anybody I have these powers." Rainbow Dash nodded and went through the Pinkie Promise without even being asked. I smile and put my headphones in as Rainbow Dash goes to join the others.

------------------------------------------------------------------Later.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was still listening to music as we were in Sugarcube Corner. Twilight had just come back blushing. I could see all of the girls talking, But I only pulled my headphones out of my ears when I heard this.

"I'VE GOT IT!" It was loud enough to get my attention.

"I mean, um, perhaps I have a solution. Now this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but what if we all woretheseas a sign of unity?" She pulled out some ears and tails out of her purse.

"And you just happened to be lugging those around everywhere?" I smirked as Rarity blushed a bit.

"I used them as reminders of what the days used to be like before Sunset. Anyway. Freshman year, they were very, very popular. A way for everybody to show their school spirit! You know? "Go, Canterlot Wondercolts!" Ahem. I haven't sold any in ages. I mean, the six of us are obviously very different, but deep down, we're all Canterlot Wondercolts! Sunset Shimmer is the one who divided us, Twilight Sparkle is the one who united us. And we're gonna let everyone know it! What do you think?" Everyone nodded. I even put on the ears overtop of my hood. I laugh internally at how corny it was.
----------------------------------------------------------------AT Lunch/------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doesn't everyone look just fabulous?" Rarity said as we walked through the halls.

"It was a great idea, Rarity!" Twilight said and we all nodded. But Sunset walked past smiling.

"Twilight be prepared for a visit to the office." I groan. Everyone looked at me.

"Sunset frames Twilight." I state. "If you'll excuse me. I'm gonna make sure that my base stays out of the way of those two (Beep.)ers." I leave and take off my ears and put on my mask. I begin to blink to the gym. It was already trashed. I opened the door to my base and breathed a sigh of relief. My home was safe. Suddenly Sunset and Luna walk in. I hide and take my mask off.

"Isn't this just awful? And after Pinkie Pie worked so hard to make things so perfect! Why would Twilight Sparkle and Xayvier do something like this?"

"Why would you think those two was responsible for something like this?"

"Because I have proof." She held out some photos.

"This is very disturbing. I'll bring those two to my office immediately." I blink to behind Luna and she turns around and jumps back.

"My ears are burning. Is someone framing me?" I chuckle.

"I doubt that with this evidence." She waved the photos at me. I roll my eyes.

"Sunset. I'm going to the office. But don't think anything's gonna change." I then smile. "I do know the future after all." I blink away to Luna's office and use her pa system.

"Twilight. You need to get down to the office, please. Oh also, Flash? Trash can in the library. You'll find something very interesting."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Soon enough.------------------------------------------------------------------

"But... But I don't understand!" Twilight said.

"This is clearly you two in the photographs, is it not?"

"Yes, but..."

"I think it should be fairly obvious that the schoolcan notlet someone who would do something likethiscompete for the Fall Formal crown," said Luna. She then turned to me. "And I've already had reports of your misbehaviour in Mr.Sombra's class. So you are going to have to have a suspension." Suddenly Flash burst in.

"Vice Principal Luna. I found these in a trash can in the library. Thought you should see them. Someone obviously combined these photos to make itlooklike Twilight and this guy was the one who trashed the gym." He gestured to us. I smile and give him a thumbs up.

"Thanks, flash." He widens his eyes at my voice.

"You were the one that told me where to find the photos."

"I wasn't lying to sunset when I told her I knew the future." I laugh gently. I then get up. "Are we done?"

"Yes," Luna said. "I appreciate you bringing these to my attention, Flash. In light of this new evidence, you may, of course, continue your bid to be crowned the Princess of the Fall Formal." Twilight cheered a bit.

"Thank you! You have no idea how important this is to me!" She hugged Flash.

"What was I gonna do? Not prove your innocence? Wouldn't be much of a Canterlot Wondercolt, would I?" Flash laughed.

"I am afraid enough damage has been done to the gym that we will have to postpone the dance until tomorrow night. If you will excuse me, I need to let my sister know about this latest development."

"Oh don't worry." I wave it off. "Twilight, you get the girls to the gym. I'll work on cleaning it up." I blink away and when I got to the gym I help up my hand for more exposure to void magic. I used the strongest Bend Time spell I have ever used. In fact, Time seemed to be going backwards. I made sure that my void magic was limited to this room only. I groan as I land on my knees. Still holding up my hand. Soon, I heard the doors open. A few people gasped as they saw that the gym was reconstructing itself, And I was at the centre of it. As soon as the last thing repaired itself, I stopped the spell and collapsed onto the ground.

"XAYVIER!!" I heard the girls yell.

"Uhh... Did I do it?" I take off my face mask and cough up a bit of blood.

"Yeah. How did you do that?" Twilight asked.

"Void Magic.... Can do anything. Pinkie. Get to my bags. There are red and blue vials in there. Bring one of both. HURRY!" Pinkie ran and grabbed them. I winced as she ran into my room and the tripwire was set off. She grabbed them and brought it to me.

"What are those going to do?" Rainbow Dash asked. "You need the hospital." I gulped down the potions and felt myself heal and my magic restore. I gasp for air and sit up. Everyone yelps and I stretch.

"Oh god," I say as I felt my bones crack. "That hurt." I stand up.

"W-What the... HUH?!" Everyone yelled

"Red is health. Blue is magic." I say. "I'm completely fine now."

"Where did you get those from?" Twilight asked as she looked at the now empty vials.

"The Outsider," I said.

"Who?" Everyone asked.

"The one who gave me my powers." I raise my hand with the mark on it. "This is his mark. Anyway. Let's get you your crown back Princess." I bow a little bit.

"What? How'd you know she was a princess?" Rarity asked.

"Who do you think told Pinkie?" I smile. Everyone's jaw drops at that news.

"But that still doesn't answer my question." Rarity said.

"I'm a brony. I know the future."

"Yeah. There was a brony on my planet as well." Twilight said.

"Really?" Everyone said except me.

"Yeah. His name was Damyon Chapman. Otherwise known as Lightningman." Everyone gasps.

"YOU KNOW LIGHTNINGMAN!" Twilight blushes and nods.

"Anyway!" I interrupt. "I think we should show the principals."

"We already know." I heard Celestia say. I turned around.

"Hi Celestia." I wave. She raises an eyebrow as all the students file in and their jaw drops at how clean it was.

"Anyway. Everyone. The fall formal is back on for this evening." Everyone cheered. "So you better get ready. And don't forget to cast your vote for the Princess of the Fall Formal." Everyone lined up and put their vote in.
----------------------------------------------------------Later.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I still can't believe Xayvier managed to reverse time." Fluttershy said. I was shadow walking without them knowing.

"I can. He's awesome!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Enough Chatter girls. We need to get ready. And we need to look FABULOUS!" She threw dresses at them. I ended shadow walk in the stairwell.

"Oh also." Everyone jumps at my voice as I come down the stairs. "I don't have any formal attire." I shrug.

"Where did you come from?"

"I've been following you using Shadow walk." I state as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"Shadow walk?" Everyone asks except for Pinkie Pie and Twilight.

"OH, Is that that power you used to beat Bulk Biceps?" Pinkie asked.

"Yeah." I activate it and I merge with the shadows and reappear behind them. I tap Pinkie on the shoulder and she yelps and jumps forward. Everyone looks at me in amazement. "Anyway. Rarity? Do you have anything for me?"

"Hmm... I've got it." She snaps her fingers and drags me along.

"WHOA!" I'm pushed into a changing room and handed some formal pants as well as a hoodie that was designed to look like tuxedo. I smile and put it on. I decide to complete the look with my mask.

I came out and everyone gasped at my look.

"Darling. Where did you get that mask?"

"My brother." Everyone jumps at the demonic voice.

"Hmm... Well for some reason. You can pull this off. The perfect blend of mystery and terror." Rarity said.

"Alright. Thanks Rarity. I'll see you at the dance." I stand stock straight and salute them before my hand glows and I enter shadow walk.

Author's Note:

I know this was an extra long chapter. Think of it as recompence for the shortness of the other chapters