• Published 29th Jun 2017
  • 1,069 Views, 48 Comments

The Brother's Adventure - lightningman



After the events of The True Me, Damyon's brother gets transferred to canterlot high.

  • ...
7
 48
 1,069

Chapter 4 - Homeless

As I got home. I went inside and sat on Damyon and my own shared couch. I groan and then open my eyes when I heard the door close. I look and see Damyon was home as well.

"Hey, Damyon," I said as he came and sat down with me.

"Hey, Xayvier. How was school?"

"My school is Canterlot High School," I say. "During the movie." My brother's eyes widen.

"You mean Twilight's there already?" I nod.

"Yep. You can go see Fluttershy soon." Damyon smiled.

"Alright. But since your in the Equestria Girls movie. You need to catch up on what you know about it." He turns on the movie on Netflix. We were watching up until the halfway point when neither of us noticed that someone else had entered our home. Our parents. They were hearing our movie and decided to go down to check on us. This... was bad.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" My mom yelled as she saw what we were watching.

"(Beep.)" My brother cursed as he looked at mom glaring at us.

"Uh... hi mom." I wave.

"Don't 'hi, mom' Me. What are you watching?"

"Um..." I was stuttering when Damyon answered for me.

"Listen, mom. I'm finished. I'm a brony. So is Xayvier. We've been bronies for a few months now. If you don't like that. I don't care." I was listening and I could hear all the anger in Damyon. It was almost like Darkning was speaking through him. Our mom was silent for a few minutes glaring at us both.

"Leave."

"What?" Damyon and I said angrily.

"Leave our house. You both are no longer welcome here. Take your stuff, and go!" She yelled and I could feel my heart drop down to below my stomach. Damyon looked at me and I sighed and nodded.

"Fine, We'll leave. But if you're ever in trouble. You no longer have Xayvier or me to ask for help." Damyon growled as he grabbed his backpack full of all his stuff. He left and went to my room and I grabbed all our technology. Damyon was probably packing up all of my stuff. After about an hour. I had finally managed to pack all our technology into one suitcase. Damyon left my room and handed my packed backpack to me. I smile and put it on. We then left our home for the last time. After about a half hour of walking, I looked at Damyon. He had put on his suit and mask.

"Lightningman. I know that you want to stick together. But I think I already know a place for me to stay. But It might not have enough space for two."

"Where?" He asked.

"My school equipment lockup. It's a rather large room that I should be able to make a base for myself out of all the equipment there."

"hmmm..... Maybe. But Xayvier listen." He stopped walking and put my hand on my shoulder.

"What is it?"

"Come on. Both of us know I'm leaving. Somebody needs to keep this place safe though. I think you're the man for the job."

"Me? But I don't have any training."

"No, But you have powers and you know how to use them. So Xayvier. Will you take my place as Protector now that I'm going to be gone?" I stayed silent for a little bit and nodded. "Then I dub you the Protector of Medicine Hat. You will be referred to as Voidic." I smile at the name and look at the mark on my hand.

"And also." Damyon smiled underneath his mask. "I've been working on something for you." He opened up his backpack. He pulled out a mask. but it wasn't just any mask. It was an exact copy of Corvo's mask. "I know you like the game. I also knew that I would leave someday. So I decided to make you this."

I was speechless. I took the face mask and hood off my face showing my scarred eye and burnt hair. I gently picked up the mask and placed it over my face. I felt it was tight a bit.

"It's a little tight."

"I planned for that." He grabbed a screwdriver and began to loosen a few screws and put in different ones. I felt the mask fit my face almost perfectly. It was still just the tiniest bit tight. But I could see perfectly. The optic zoom worked as well. I smiled at Lightningman underneath my mask and hugged him.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." He patted my back. "But have you told the girls about me yet?"

"No, Twilight doesn't even know my name yet. But she does know I'm a brony."

"Alright. Don't tell her I'm alive yet. I want to make a dramatic entrance. When Sunset Demon appears. Use this." He grabs a flare out of his jacket.

"Where did you get that?"

"... I don't know. I just figured something was there. But I don't know how it got there." He shrugs and hands it to me.

"Alright. I won't mention you until absolutely necessary." I vow.

"Good. I'll see you in a few days." We do a shake that only us two knew. High-five, fistbump, finger wiggle, and a handshake. We then went our separate ways. Him, I don't know. Me? Back to school.

Author's Note:

The handshake is something I really do with my real brother Deklan. And I actually don't know how my parents would react, so I just chose the worst case scenario.