• Published 29th Jun 2017
  • 1,069 Views, 48 Comments

The Brother's Adventure - lightningman



After the events of The True Me, Damyon's brother gets transferred to canterlot high.

  • ...
7
 48
 1,069

Chapter 6 - First night out

Once I was back at my base, i began to look through my clothes for something I could sew together to make a costume. I then stop.

"Maybe, I could ask rarity to make me something." I was still thinking about what to do when I heard the gym door open. I shut up and stay quiet with the light off.

"Xavy! It's me, Pinkie." I frown and slowly look out of the Equipment room door. I saw that it really was Pinkie. I sigh in relief. I open the door.

"Hurry up. I don't want anyone else to know I'm here." She hurries over and I close the door and turn the light back on. "But what are you doing here?"

"I came to thank you."

"...For what?"

"For standing up to Mr. Sombra. He's always been a meany mean pants. Although you could have laid off the wife insult. It was funny." She hugs me.

"No problem... Hey. Are you still talking to Rarity?"

"Um... I haven't talked to her in a while. Why?" She asks.

"I need a very durable costume made."

"Costume? Why?" I think about if I should tell her or not.

"You promise not to tell." She nods. I take out my mask.

"I'm becoming the next Protector of Medicine Hat."

"WHA...." I put my hand over her mouth to keep her from yelling. "I mean. What?" She almost had sparkles in her eyes. "How did you become the next protector?"

"Lightningman made me it."

"You know Lightningman!" She whisper-screamed. I nod.

"Yeah, He knows I have powers, So when he leaves, I keep it safe."

"He told you he's leaving? Where?"

"You know the alternate world that Twilights from? He's going there."

"How do you know so much about him?"

"We talk regularly." I shrug.

"Alright. But I don't know if Rarity will just do this for me. Especially since we haven't talked in a while. But I'll try to talk to her tomorrow." I smile.

"Thank you, Pinks. You have no idea how much this means to me." I lean forward and kiss her on the head. Pinkie freezes and she blushes a lot. She smiles at me. "Anyway. I think It's time for me to go on my first night." I put on my mask and pull my hood over my head as well as my gloves on."

"Be careful Xavy." She whispers to me.

"I will. I was more than a match for Bulk Biceps remember?" With that I left and opened the gym window, leaping out of it. I began to use blink to get around quickly and to get to places that were out of reach, I used my agility perk to jump higher and even double jump. I was running across the rooftops. Eventually, I stopped. I had heard something. I turned on dark vision and looked around. I looked into a nearby alley and noticed 4 people. But 3 of them seemed to be harassing the 4th. It was only on closer inspection that I noticed that the 4th was a woman in her 20's. I smile and lock my mask in place so that it doesn't fall off during the fight. I used blink to get across the street and used Shadowwalk to get to the ground. When I was right behind them, I decided to freak them out. I unplugged my headphones and turned it to max volume.

The guys that were harassing the girl jumped and looked around.

"W-What's going on, Stitch?" asked the shortest of the 3. He seemed to have been talking to the medium-sized guy who was the most heavily built.

"I... I don't know, Scars."

"Scars and Stitch huh? Who's the tallest? Bruises?" It was at this moment that I realized Just how demonic my voice sounded when I had my mask on. "It doesn't matter. By the time I'm done, you'll have all three." I exited Shadowwalk and got out of the shadows on the wall. Again, It simply seemed to ooze off of me. I looked at them with the dark vision and noticed that Stitch seemed to have a gun. This didn't matter. One of my powers allowed me to cut bullets out of the air.

"Now then. Why don't you go and play with yourselves and leave this woman alone." I said as I pulled out my sword and unfolded it. I preemptively prepared Bend Time. The three looked at me before bursting out in laughter.

"Scars, Bruises. Get rid of this superhero wanna-be." I smiled underneath my mask as they ran at me. I activated Bend Time and grabbed the short one. I put him in front of Bruises and turned him around so they would run into each other. I didn't want to kill them, So I put my sword away and brought out my baton. I ended my power and they ran into each other and fell down. I ran towards them and cracked my baton over Scar's head. I was gonna get Bruises as well, But he managed to get up before I did. He sent a fist flying at me. I used Blink to get behind him and I did the same thing I did to Bulk Biceps. I kicked his knee out from under him. I then brought my baton down on his head.

"YOU IDIOTS!" I heard Stitch yell. "So you finished those two." He ran at me and I sent a windblast at him. He hit the wall and knocked himself out. I put my baton back in my coat and looked at the woman. She looked at the men and then turned to me in terror.

"Don't hurt me." She cried.

"Why would I just hurt the person I saved?" I say with amusement plain in my voice. "But get the police here.
When they ask who did this. Tell them my name is Voidic." I do a two-fingered salute before activating shadow walk. I patrol the city for a few hours longer. I only stop patrolling when it was nearing midnight. I had stopped about 3 or 4 crimes. But they weren't as major as the first one with that woman. I went back to the school and jumped back through the window. I close it and lock it. I sigh as I sit down at my base. Somewhere in this school, Twilight was also sleeping. But my thoughts turn to Pinkie and what she did for me. I smile underneath my mask that I just realized that I had kept on. I take it off and lay down to sleep.