• Published 22nd Jun 2017
  • 639 Views, 15 Comments

The (Somewhat) Great Adventures of a Group of ("Human") Friends - IAmBugHorse



Three Friends are on a nightly stroll through town, and a wind begins to pick up, seems normal right. Right?

  • ...
 15
 639

Chapter - 4 '...Why Can't I Stop... Please Help Me... Its Painful...'

Author's Note:

Warning: This chapter contains some scenes of sadness. If you do not want to feel the feels, then viewer discretion is advised! You have been warned...

Also holy shit... almost 7,000 words... man my brain juices were flowing man, I couldn't help it, plus leaving you guys on a cliffhanger, I would never, It'd just be a dick move... and I'm not that kind of person to actually leave people cliffhanging, it just wouldn't seem right.


Ps. I know there's some grammar nazis out there reading this. If you are, grammar nazi the hell out of this story. I'm as much of a grammar nazi than any other grammar nazi.


Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled chapter.

Two days later from the meeting with the princess...

“Mint, are you sure this is safe?”

“Probably, I just need to make sure it can hold properly.”

“But is this really necessary?”

“Of course it is, I’m not going to die by rape during estrus.”

You are Mint Cloud, and are currently building a bunker for when estrus rolls in.

“But Mint, what about us,” Lavender said.

“Oh no, I’m not bringing you guys in here when it comes time, I don’t want to get the both of you pregnant, by the time when estrus comes, as Twilight said, it will be only one month since we’ve got here, so I’m not willing to get the both of you pregnant, before we even have a year in this place,” you said, looking at them with a straight face.

“Well... You got us there... Wait I have an idea,” Delphinia said, cheering up.

“Your ideas always fail, they either get me hurt, you hurt, or everybody/pony in a three mile radius hurt, especially the three mile radius one,” you said, getting madder.

“Oh come on, that quintuple megaphone worked didn’t it, sure it broke some windows and stuff, but we repaid it,” she said.

“Yes we paid for your mess, sadly, but no matter, let me hear this plan of yours,” you said.

“Well, seeing as we might just go for other males during this season, so we don’t do that, you tie us up, so we don’t go and buck you, and keep us safe until it’s over, how does it sound,” she said.

“Hmm... Sounds promising... I actually like this plan, wow congratulations, this is a first, one of your plans are actually a good plan,” you said.

“Hey... You don’t have to be so mean about it,” she said.

“You know I’m just messing with you, come on, I’m already finished anyway, lets go inside and show you around, sure it still needs interior decoration, but we can get a job to do that, for now, this is what it looks like,” you said, showing them the bunker.

It was underground, locked by the door, where only you had the key. The inside had a light gray carpet as the flooring, the wall was a constant dark sky blue metal. There was a hallway to the right of the main room, it was 210x42 when you walk into the hall, in the hall was a set of rooms, the rooms had nothing in them, just yet, but had a working bathroom in each one, complete with shower, toilet, sink, and running water, don’t ask how just go with it, there were a total of five rooms, two on either side and one at the end of the hall way, each the same size as each other, 95x105. The size of the main room was 222x258. In the top left of the main room was the kitchen, it was 111x96, also with a sink and running water. The bottom left area was the dining area, it was also 111x96. The rest of the main room was the living room, 222x72. Every measurement was made in inches.

“So, what do you think,” you asked.

“How and when did you have time to make this,” Lavender asked, looking at the massive interior of the place.

“What, Twilight said she had some spare metal and carpet in her basement, so I used it, who knew she had this much, plus it’s been two days since we talked with the princesses, I have a lot of free time here in Equestria, now that we’re not on Earth,” you said.

“Hmm... Well is this all your adding,” Delphinia said.

“Oh no, there’s still a lot to buy, but that’s where we come in,” yon said.

“How exactly are we going to do that, we have no money,” Lavender said.

“We will get jobs to pay for the interior design, good idea, huh,” you asked.

“Hmm, never thought of that, well where will we work,” Lavender asked.

“Well we’ll look for jobs to get paid, we have a month before estrus looms upon us, so we need to also get enough food, and water to last until it’s over, I’ll send a letter to the princess tomorrow asking how long estrus lasts, but for now let’s look for furniture, then we’ll get the essentials,” you said.

“Okay, we’ll take note of how much each couch, table chair, and bed we get costs, then we estamate how much it will take in a month to get, it may take time but we may be able to do it,” Delphinia said.

“Okay, let’s get a move on,” you said.

So you, Delphinia, and Lavender go around look in the stores for the couches, tables, chairs, and beds, plus some other decorations here and there so the place doesn’t look like a grave.

“So what’s the total amount of bits we have to pay if we got the items,” you asked.

“Total will be 3,758 bits, it’s not that much considering how much mirrors cost, I mean seriously, one hundred bits for one 24x15, that’s seems like a ripoff to me,” Lavender said.

“Well, so where are we going to work,” Delphinia asked.

“We could all work at Sugar Cube Corner, we love baking don’t we,” you said.

“Well your right, plus that doesn’t seem like a bad idea, here let’s go talk with Mrs. Cake,” Lavender said.

You all make your way to Sugar Cube Corner, once you open the door, its... Dark.

“Wait... I know what this is...” Lavender said.

“What is it,” you asked.

“It’s a-”

”Surprise!!!!”

You weren’t completely startled, but you definitely jump at the sight of a party.

“Welcome to Ponyville you three, you-know-when-I-saw-you-I-knew-you-were-new-to-Ponyville-so-I-just-had-to-throw-a-party-for-you-and-your-friends-plus-I-like-your-eyes-they-are-amazing-so-what-are-your-names-I-may-have-to-say-that-being-this-hyper-can-cause-me-to-break-wall-by-accident-so-you-going-to-” the very fast speaking pink pony was interrupted by a light blue Pegasus sticking her hoof over the pink ones mouth.

“Geez, Pinkie, give the guy a chance to talk, don’t worry about her she’s just being pinkie,” the Pegasus said.

“Oh no need, I very well understand that she breaks the fourth wall, I already understand what she does violates all laws of physics,” you said.

“What? Fourth wall? The hay is that,” she asked.

“I’ll tell you later, when we’re not at a party,” you said.

“Yeah, well Pinkie we going to party or what,” she asked.

“Yeah, you ready to party Mr...” Pinkie asked.

“Mint Cloud, nice to meet you,” you said.

“Lavender Sky.”

“Delphinia Sky.”

“Well nice to meet you guys, well everypony, you ready to party,” Pinkie asked.

“YEAH!!!”

“Well, LET’S PARTY!!!”

You all begin the party and start to meeting new ponies.

“Why hello there Mint, nice to meet you, my name is Rarity,” a white Unicorn said in a posh like manner. Oh fuck... I need to act posh... Must act posh. Okay I think I’m ready.

“Well, nice to meet you too, it is nice to meet new ponies that can be mature most of the time,” you said grabbing her hoof and planting a kiss on it.

“Oh my... What a gentle colt you are, we I try to be mature, thank you for the compliment, but I must say your eyes are absolutely ravishing,” she said.

“Why thank you,” you said. Seriously what is up with ponies and eyes, its feels like some kind of ‘mating’ thing, or something.

You walk to the food table and grab some cupcakes... Mint and chocolate cupcakes... Pinkie if I didn’t think you were a fourth wall breaker before, you are one now.

“Why howdy Mint,” a southern accented voice said.

“Oh, hello Applejack, how you holding up,” you asked the orange apple farmer.

“Good, have ya seen my sister around, she’s a small filly, yellow in color, about this high,” she asked.

“No... Wait, I think I did, is she friends with a smaller version of Rarity, and an orange chick- I mean Pegasus,” you asked.

“Yes,” she said.

“Then they were in the market earlier, running around,” you said.

“Well, thank ya kindly, I’ll see if ah can catch them, hey ah also never had the chance to say your eyes are amazing” she said, as she went for the door and left.

There it is again... Why do ponies like my eyes so much?

“Okay, you can come out from under the table,” you said, as shuffling noises came from under the table.

“How did ya know we were under there mister,” the small filly asked, she was Applejacks sister, she even had the accent.

“You think I couldn’t hear you giggling, my ears are stronger then you think, I’m surprised Applejack didn’t hear you,” you said.

“Well thank ya mister, say what’s your name,” she asked.

“Mint Cloud, and you three are,” you asked.

“Applebloom.”

“Sweetie Bell.”

“Scootaloo.”

“And were the Cutie Mark Crusaders!!!” They said in unison.

“Well you better be off, you don’t want your sister to worry,” you said.

“Yes Mister Mint, thanks again for not giving us away,” they said before heading off.

“Yeah anytime,” you said, chuckling slightly.

You grab a cupcake and take a bite, it tastes like the one you ate earlier in the week, it’s delicious.

Umm... Excuse me for interrupting, but nice to meet you,” a quiet voice said behind you.

“Hmm... Oh, nice to meet you too, I can see your the shy type, it’s okay, I understand it’s scary to meet new ponies,” you said in a calm tone.

Oh really, thank you for understanding,” she said.

“What might be your name,” you asked.

Fluttershy.

“Well nice to meet you Fluttershy,” you said, a smile on your face.

How did you hear me, I barely said it loud enough,” she said.

“Well my ears are stronger than a normal pony’s,” you said.

Oh... Okay, well it was nice to meet you, you have some nice looking eyes,” she said, before heading off somewhere else.

“*sigh... These ponies are nice, maybe even too nice, I could get used to living here in Equestria, I wonder what’s left to do,” you asked to nopony in particular.

You stand there for a while, before a Diferent shade of mint green Unicorn came over to me.

“Good to meet you, my names Lira Heartstrings, you must be Mint, right,” she asked.

“Yep, that’s me, cupcake?” You asked, holding out a cupcake.

“What flavor?”

“Mint and chocolate.”

“Sure, I love mint, I used to fear mint before, but now I’m over it,” she said.

“How so,” you asked.

“Well, the father of one of my friends died from something in the mint, but that was a long time ago, now, the mint is fine thanks to the ‘Hero of the Mint’, you’ve heard the tale right,” she asked.

“Yeah... Why do you ask,” you asked.

“Well, this town was so grateful for them, the town built a statue of him,” she said.

“R-Really...” you asked, with hesitation.

“Yep, what’s the matter, you don’t look too good,” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine... Say, have you looked at the statue thoroughly,” you asked.

“Yep, he looks like a leaf mint green color,” Shit... “and was a Pegasus,” Shit... “and he had mint leaves behind a cloud as a cutie mark,” SHIT!!! “he also had some great looking eyes,” Fuck my life... “why do you ask,” she asked.

“Uhh... No reason... No reason at all,” you said, beginning to panic.

“You sure your feeling okay, you look nervous,” she said taking a better look at you, this was the exact opposite of what you wanted.

“No I’m fine, I swear,” you said.

“Okay... Though you do look familiar,” she said.

“Really... How so...” you said, panicking more.

“Yeah, I don’t know it’s like I just said this, but what was it,” she said.

“Oh well it seems you’ve forgotten, I might just go find Pinkie and find out more about-” you said frantically.

“Wait a minute... You’re... No... You’re him aren’t you,” she said.

“Oh look at the time I got things to do, ponies to see, well see ya,” you said about to sprint off, before you were caught in a golden glow. Shit... Fuck... I don’t want to be raped, oh god save me, she’s got me!

“You’re the ‘Hero of the Mint’, aren’t you,” she asked.

“*sigh, yes... Well if your here to kill me go ahead, I’m not stopping you from doing that, if your not then, go ahead and do your worst, I’m surrendering myself to you,” you said, forcing your head down.

“What... You’re not even going to fight back, you’re not even wanting to escape, you just surrendered, why,” Lira asked.

“Why should I, I’m just a Pegasus, what can I do, if you’re going to kill or torture me, please, don’t torture or kill my friends, they didn’t do anything,” you said. You hadn’t noticed, but a crowd has surrounded you and Lira.

“Well, they do not consern me, but why do you say not to hurt them instead of you,” she said.

“If I’m going to die, I’m going to die knowing that they are safe and out of harms way,” at this point you began crying.

“So, you’d rather see yourself dead instead of your friends, you really are the hero, welcome, Hero, it’s been some time,” she said.

“Yeah, well, so when am I going to die, cause I’d like to brace for the pain,” you asked.

“No hero, you’re not going to die,” she said, releasing you from her magic.

“What...” you asked, looking at her.

“You aren’t going to die, it was a test, you passed with flying colors, welcome Hero, we’ve been waiting for when you would come,” she said, kneeling in front of you. The rest of the ponies in the room did the same, even your friends, they knew now who you were.

“What? What’s going on,” you asked.

“We’re bowing before you, you saved Ponyville from devastation after all,” she said.

“We were told by our families when we were younger that we were saved by somepony, said pony was recognized as the hero, you saved most of our families...”

“Friends...”

“And even the princesses”

“Wait, the princesses, how did I do that,” you asked.

“They eat mint foods as well, so when the announcement came that you had saved us back then, we had to honor you.”

“So now you see, how important you are to this town, Mint?”

“Yes I do, you may all rise, I don’t really need this much praise for helping ponykind,” you said, they all rose.

“We know, but we can’t say our thanks any other way, so Hero, accept this as a token of gratitude.”

“A fez, thanks, I love fezzes,” you said, as you took the fez, you began to smile and cry a little, it reminded you of a memory... A good memory.

“Ah, but it’s not any fez, we enchanted it with magic.”

“So what enchantment did you use,” you asked.

“Well just speed, strength, and endurance... Oh and magical ability.”

“Hmm... Not bad, quick question, how will the fez stay on my head,” you asked.

“The fez will bind to you, it will stay bound to you, nopony else will be able to take it off, except you, but if somepony does take it and puts it on, it’s powers will be useless seeing as your it’s owner.”

You put it on, you suddenly feel a sudden force of power flow through you, its painless at first but then...

“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!” You screamed, as you collapsed to the floor, the force was strong, but your still conscious.

“MINT!” Everypony screamed as they saw their hero collapse.

”Can’t forget... Can’t forget... Can’t forget... Why can’t I forget... What’s wrong... Why can’t I forget... Help... I can’t forget... Why... Why can’t I forget... I want to forget... Please... Stop the pain... Stop the pain... Stop... Stop... Please... Stop...” You fell unconscious... Crying out the words from you head... And the pain won’t stop... You can’t forget...

*****

You are now Delphinia Sky... And you saw your friend, Mint, grab the fez.

“The fez will bind to you, it will say bound to you, nopony else will be able to take it off, except you, but if somepony does take it and put it on, it’s powers will be useless seeing as your it’s owner.”

Mint puts it on his head, a loud crash is heard.

“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!” Mint screamed at the top of his lungs, he collapsed to the floor with a thud.

“MINT!!!” Everypony screamed as Mint laid there on the floor.

Can’t forget... Can’t forget... Can’t forget... Why can’t I forget... What’s wrong... Why can’t I forget... Help... I can’t forget... Why... Why can’t I forget... I want to forget... Please... Stop the pain... Stop the pain... Stop... Stop... Please... Stop...” Mint cried... Pounding on the floor with his hoof, before he stopped... As he most likely lost consciousness...

“Mint... No were not losing you... No, not today... We love you... Don’t leave us... Please...” you said, while on the floor, crying...

*****

Two days earlier...

You are Princess Celestia, and you are in your mind talking to Luna, and the voices in your head.

”So... Tia... Tell me more about your schizophrenia.”

“Well it’s complicated.”

”How so?”

”Here let me explain... Schizophrenia is a condition that leaves a pony’s psyche broken, however for a normal pony you can fix it, but with schizophrenic ponies, theirs cannot be fixed, so it leaves them with a broken mind... A lost mind... A weak mind... So now you see the severity it can leave on a pony’s mind.”

”Wow... I never would have thought that you of all ponies, had a broken psyche... Say can I ask, what might be your names?”

”Ulysses.”

”Seth.”

”Benjamin.”

”What interesting names, anyway I must go and lower the moon, I will speak with you later, oh and Tia?”

“Yes dear sister?”

”We need to speak with Twilight and her friends about this, it’s for the best.”

“Yes I guess your right.”

”Well I will see you tomorrow, for now get some rest, we’ll send the letter in a few day after you get some rest.”

“Very well see you tomorrow sister.”

”Indeed sister.”

~~~~~

One and a half days later...

“Well, your highness, I’ve come with a deal that’ll help ponies around Equestria.”

“And what might this be?”

“Well you know that most towns are farm towns instead of buisness towns.”

“Yes, what might you be suggesting.”

“Well most of these towns don’t have direct roads to each other, which makes travel hard for each town. So I was suggesting we make more roads for the ponies who don’t have ways of making to each town.”

“Well this is a good idea, I’ll put it through some consideration, but for now thank you for your time Mr. Jack.”

“Thank you, have a nice day your highness.”

You are in day court and have finally had a suggestion that is worth while.

“Well that went better than expected, Mr. Colty Jack has always wanted what’s best for every pony, I think today I’ll send a message to Twilight to have a special meeting tomorrow,” you said.

You eventually get a letter.

“Oh a letter, it seems pretty early for a letter, wonder what this is about,” you said.

You then read the letter out loud.

“Dear Princess Celestia,

We have a problem, Mint has passed out cold and is not waking up, before he passed out he was crying this, ‘Can’t forget... Can’t forget... Can’t forget... Why can’t I forget... What’s wrong... Why can’t I forget... Help... I can’t forget... Why... Why can’t I forget... I want to forget... Please... Stop the pain... Stop the pain... Stop... Stop... Please... Stop...’ we don’t know what’s wrong, he’s still unconscious, but he’s on his way to the hospital, but until we meet again,

Your fateful student, Twilight Sparkle,” you finish reading the letter, but by the end your shocked, ready to fall out of your throne.

“Guards, cancel day court for today, I have some important matters to take care of,” you said, the guards saluted and headed off.

“Oh let’s hope he’s ok...” you said.

Let’s teleport to the hospital quick, we don’t want to be late.

“Yes let’s, but first let’s head off to get Luna,” you said.

Alright, but we better hurry up, I don’t want him to die without us being there, we’ll seem like jerks.

“Well lets go then,” you said, as you teleported out of the throne room, and to Luna’s living quarters door.

“Your highness,” the guards greeted and saluted.

“At ease,” you said, as you knocked on the door.

“Luna! Hey Luna you in here,” you called.

You hear shuffling coming from inside, then the door opens.

“Yes sister, what’s the matter, why are you here,” Luna asked, her mane slightly disheveled, and her coat looking like it needed a good brushing.

“Well, Twilight just sent me a letter saying that Mint has been knocked unconscious, we need to head to the Ponyville Hospital right away,” you said.

“Oh... Well we better get going then here let me get ready, I’ll be out in a few seconds,” Luna said, worried expression on her face.

She closed her door, and not ten seconds later she came out as her normal self.

“Well lets go,” she said.

“Okay, here we go,” you said, as you both teleport to the entrance of the Hospital.

“Come on, we don’t have time to lose,” you said.

*****

You are Lavender Sky... And are currently crying your eyes out with your sister doing the same thing while hugging you. You both are inside Mint’s hospital room, sitting on some chairs that were in the room.

“Oh please don’t die... We need you Mint... Don’t leave us...” you whispered, still sobbing.

“Come on... We need you... We’re not leaving you, so don’t leave us... Please don’t leave us...” Delphinia whispered, also sobbing.

You two are the only ones who stayed to watch them the rest had either things to do or had to leave and grieve some where else, Pinkie however was outside the room, with her signature Pinkamina style, though her cries were stopped when somepony finally decided to put a sound barrier spell around her, she was still crying, but no one could hear it. There was a knock at the door.

“C-come in,” you said, with the sound of crying still in your voice.

”WE CAME AS SOON AS WE HEARD,” Celestia shouted, as she barged into the door, which was idiotic seeing as she knocked.

*****

A minute earlier...

“It’s this way right.”

“Yes, keep going down and it should be the third one on the left.”

“Thank you Nurse.”

You are now Celestia, and your headed toward Mint’s room.

“I say we knock,” you said, walking up to the door.

Just go inside I don’t think they will care.

I don’t care just do something.

You knock.

“C-come in,” a voice called.

k, were taking to long, out of my way.

As soon as he said that, you lost control and Benjamin took over.

”WE CAME AS SOON AS WE HEARD,” you/Benjamin shouted.

“Sister you could have waited for me... Ugh... I need to get more exercise,” Luna called, walking into the room, sweating slightly.

”Sorry... Forgot to wait on you,” you/he said.

“Benjamin... Give my sister control, I know how impatient you can be, but that doesn’t give you the right to take over her body,” Luna said, giving you a deadpan look.

”Ugh... Fine... you/he said. And you finally took over.

“Thanks...” you said.

“It was nothing,” Luna said.

You and Luna look into the room and see the two flower sisters in some chairs, looking at them, tears in their eyes and face.

“Oh... How long have you two been sitting there,” you asked.

“Ever since we got here, we stayed to watch him... We haven’t left this spot since we got here waiting for him to wake up... But I don’t think you saw Pinkie,” Lavender said, a choke in her voice as she said that, she was obviously crying for the duration of their stay, along with her sister that was sitting next to her, crying more than Lavender.

“Wait, Pinkie’s here, but I didn’t hear her cry, she would usually cry about this,” Luna said.

“Well... She right outside,” Lavender said, pointing a hoof outside the door. And there was Pinkie sobbing her eyes out, but not a sound was being made, you some how missed her when you made it to the door.

“How did we miss that,” you asked, Luna shrugged.

“So... Is he...” you asked.

“No... He’s right there,” Lavender said, pointing a hoof toward the sleeping Mint. He looked different... You couldn’t quite put a hoof on it... Is it his hair... No, his hair is the same, black with leaf green highlights at the tips... His coat is the same, still has his chest fluff... Wait... How did I not notice this.

“Wait... Has he gotten taller,” you said. Luna facehoofed, you could also feel your voices facehoof as well.

“What... Was it something I said,” you asked.

“Yes it was dear sister, it’s quite obvious that he has a new hat on his head, I don’t know the name of the hat, but it’s a hat none the less,” Luna said, slightly discouraged.

You couldn’t feel any more stupid than right now.

Congragulations, aren’t you proud of yourself, bravo, give this mare an award!

“Oh...” you said.

“So has he gotten any better,” Luna asked.

“N-no, he’s stayed like this for a couple of hours,” Lavender said, Delphinia hasn’t said a thing since you’ve got here, wonder what she has on her mind.

“Here, lets see what’s going on in his head, we may be able to fix this before his psyche gets damaged, we will look in his head and find oh what happened, let’s go,” Luna said.

“Wait... All of us, but is that safe...” Delphinia asked, she finally began speaking, though there was an obvious choke on her voice.

“Not necessarily, but we have to be careful not to break anything, it will most likely mess up his mind, so proceed with caution,” Luna said.

“Alright then, lets go,” Lavender said.

“Okay then, you might want to close your eyes,” Luna said.

Everypony closed their eyes, and a loud flash happened.

*****

You are Lavender, and you have just been teleported into Mint’s mind.

“Wow, it looks very dark in here,” you said.

“Yes, this is what it looks like when a mind is full of things, however, if it were bright, then it would be empty,” Luna said.

“Wait... What do you mean ‘full’,” Delphinia asked.

“It means if he wants to clear his mind, he’s going to have a hard time doing it, let’s take for instance a bowl of air, if you take out the air in the bowl, more air will be replaced, the same thing is for here, if he clears his mind, something else, maybe memories, will fill that place and take over the extra space,” Luna said.

“Well it sure seems full, where are his memories,” Celestia asked.

“His memories are over here... Wait a minute...” Luna said.

“What... What’s the matter,” you asked.

“It seems his memory bank is on full drive, this memory counter should be going down, but it’s not, however, it’s rising slowly and stoping every few seconds, but not going down,” Luna said, worried look on her face.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing,” Delphinia asked.

“Neither, hey what was on the letter that Twilight sent you,” Luna asked, looking at Celestia.

“Here, I still have the letter,” Celestia said, giving the letter to Luna.

“WHAT! Why didn’t you tell me he said this,” Luna screamed.

“What, what’s the matter,” you asked.

“He kept saying ‘can’t forget’, right,” Luna asked right.

“Yes, he kept saying ‘stop the pain’, or something like that,” Delphinia said.

“Oh no... This is bad,” Luna said, look of horror on her face.

“What’s the matter,” you asked.

“He’s remembering all of his past memories, all the bad ones and the good ones, and he can’t forget them, it’s like a song that’s stuck in your head and you can’t get it out,” Luna said, beginning to cry.

“He can’t forget, sadly, the memories were to much for him, and he passed out, but he’s still in here, within his mind, but he’s somewhere in here I can sense him,” Celestia said, a look of dispare on her face.

“Wait, if he’s still in here than we have to get him out, if not he’s going to be stuck in here forever, right,” you asked, Luna nodded.

“I think I may know where to look first, if this is his mind, there is only one place to look,” Luna said, wiping some tears from her eyes.

“Where is it,” Delphinia asked.

“In his dreamscape,” Luna said, everypony gasped.

“Why his dreamscape,” you asked.

“Cause if he’s ever stressed out he would usually go there, whenever he slept, its a very calm place, even I have found it quite relaxing,” Luna said.

“So why are we waiting for, let’s go find him,” you said.

“Okay, through here is his dreamscape,” Luna said, opening a portal of some kind.

“Why is his dream a hallway,” Delphinia asked,

“Oh no, it’s not just a hallway, it leads to a room where he relaxes, he maneged to make this hallway for me so I don’t just pop in out of nowhere and surprise him,” Luna said, walking down the hallway to a door, and knocking on it.

“Hmm... Oh LUNA COME IN,” a voice shouted from the other side of the door... It was Mint’s.

“Mint, you here,” Luna asked.

“Yes I am... Wait OMG... GUYS I MISSED YOU SO MUCH,” Mint screamed, as he ran over to you and Delphinia.

“MINT, so did we, I thought we lost you when we saw you collapse onto the floor,” you said, beginning to cry.

“Yeah... We didn’t know if you were going to make it,” Delphinis said, crying as well. You all began hugging and crying.

“I’m so glad you guys are safe, here take a seat, I’ll get some couches, and some tea and cupcakes,” Mint said, getting up.

“But how, you barely have room for it,” Celestia asked.

“It’s my dreamscape after all, I can do it like this,” he said, as suddenly the wall went further back, and three couches appeared, and he moved a different couch closer, it was like Luna’s color palet.

“Wow... You’ve only been here four times, and you can already control your dreamscape, impressive, it takes ponies a long time to control theirs, sometimes never,” Luna said, going to her couch that was next to what she thought was Celestia’s.

“So I’ve got to ask sister, is this the thing you told me about when you first met Mint,” Celestia said, pointing at the solar system.

“Wait, Mint why did you put the solar system in your dream realm,” Delphinia asked, he shrugged.

“It reminds me of our past universe,” he said.

“But do they know about that,” you asked.

“Oh yeah, I told Luna not to tell anypony, but she said if she could tell her sister, and I agreed,” he said.

“Yes, there are things nopony knows about me, so this is the ‘solar system’ Luna told me about, it quite fascinating,” Celestia said, taking a closer look.

“Wait till you see this...” Mint said, until the center piece began to glow.

“What... Are these moons,” Celestia asked, in awe at the amount of moons each planet has.

“The green and blue planet is our old planet, but before we continue our discussion on this, let’s have a seat,” he said, motioning us to the seats.

“Actually Mint, I have something to say first before we continue,” Celestia said.

“Yes, Celestia what might that be,” he said, popping a table with a tea set and cupcakes in the center of them.

“We need to get you out of here before you lose yourself in your mind,” she said.

“What do you mean ‘before I lose myself in my mind’,” he said, worried.

“If we don’t get you out now, your dreamscape will get lost in your mind, into the sea of your memories, but if we mange to get you out then your dreamscape will be fine,” Luna said.

“Well what are we sitting down for let’s get a move on,” Mint said, before getting up.

“Wait, your not even going to ask why it’s going to happen,” Luna asked.

“Luna, I’ve seen some things, things that this world will never understand, this isn’t even one of the crasiest things I’ve seen, I’m the only one who can look at Pinkie and understand that she breaks all know laws of Physics, but everypony else just rubs it off as ‘Pinkie being Pinkie’, I’ve even studied the multi-verse for Celestia’s sake, heck I know that even you don’t know what the fourth wall is, if none of this stuff is crazier than what you’ve seen, then there’s no need to ask questions, now let’s go,” Mint said heading out the door, leaving the room in a quiet shock.

“If your going to just sit there you can forget about leaving this place,” Mint called from outside the door.

“Hey who might you be.”

“What, why you asking me.”

You hear a voice talk to Mint outside the door, you get up, along with Delphinia and the princesses.

“Hey Mint, who you talking to,” you asked.

“Its this memory here, let me ask you, what’s your name,” Mint said.

“Well I’m the Doctor,” the memory said.

“Doctor who,” Delphinia asked.

You and Mint snorted at that joke, funny how his memories are... Wait a minute.

“We need to go, sorry memory, but we have to run,” you said grabbing everypony, “you guys realize that his memories are already here, that was one of them, it was a good memory at that, but there will be more coming, so Luna, how do we get out of here?”

“Through here,” Luna said, pointing at the portal she made.

“Okay everypony through, let’s bring our friend home,” you said, and everypony went through.

*****

You are Mint, and are still unconscious, you then begin to get more conscious every second.

Hey... I think he’s waking up...” you heard a voice, but it was a very muffled voice.

Well... Give him some air...” you heard another voice, sounded less muffled.

So... What did you do to get him back... when we came in we saw you guys asleep.” The voices seem to be coming clearer.

“Hey... If your going to talk about me you at least have to wait until I wake up...” you said, with a grin, everypony gasped.

“MINT,” everypony screamed.

“Yep, its going to take a lot more than memories to kill me,” you said, as they all went to hug you.

“We were so worried, when you passed out back there, we all thought you had died,” Lavender said, everypony began crying.

“Well, I’ve got to say, it was quite the experience, but enough of that, the good thing is that I’m alive,” you said.

“So how did you make it out, cause I’ve got to say if it wasn’t for the princesses being here you would have died, why do you have to experience all of the cool things,” the light blue Pegasus from the party said.

“Well first of all, what’s your name, you never told me it,” you asked.

“Oh right, its Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in Equestria,” she said striking a pose in the air.

“Well then, if that’s all the names, I’ll begin explaining,” you said, as you begin explaining what happened, from them meeting you in your dreamscape, leaving out the part with them talking about the solar system, to getting out, you were then informed that before that my mind was full, of memories that is.

So is that why I can’t forget any of these memories, there getting quiet painful- agh yep that’s very painful.

“Hey Mint you alright, you don’t look to good,” Pinkie said.

“Oh yeah just- agh -peachy, give me a- ack -minute, my head- ahh -hurts,” you said, stoping ever so often to flinch at the pain.

“You sure, you seem to be crying,” Twilight said.

“I am?” And sure enough you were crying, you couldn’t stop crying... Why couldn’t you stop crying.

“Why, why can’t I stop... What’s going on... Why can’t I stop... Why is this painful... Make it stop... Please... Make it stop... I can’t stop it... It hurts... Why...” you cried, everypony in the room looked in shock at you.

*****

“Why, why can’t I stop... What’s going on... Why can’t I stop... Why is this painful... Make it stop... Please... Make it stop... I can’t stop it... It hurts... Why...”

You are Delphinia Sky and you saw as your best friend, Mint, kept crying, he couldn’t stop, you were scared.

“Why is this painful... Help... Make it stop...” Mint once again was hitting his hoof at something, but this time it was the wall.

“Make it stop... Make... It stop... Make... It... Stop...” he slowly stopped as he laid there on the bed tears still coming from his eyes, but he was silent, he was unconscious.

“What... Happened,” Fluttershy asked, still crying.

“He is unwillingly remembering bad memories, as well as sad and depressing memories, he can’t help it, its forcing him to feel sad,” Luna said.

“So how do we stop it,” Dash asked.

“We cannot...” Luna said, trailing off.

“WHAT,” almost everypony shouted.

“H-how can that be, surly there’s a way,” Rarity said.

“No, sadly he will only remember them, but there is a way to lessen the pain, to make it comfortable to live,” Luna said, walking up to Mint.

“So how do we lessen it,” you said.

“We do nothing, I do everything,” Luna said, she’s obviously done this before.

“Okay, do your stuff,” Lavender said.

You watch Luna walk up and glow her horn at Mint, it’s so obvious now that she has done this before, she continues this for a few minutes, until eventually she stops.

“So how’d it go,” you asked.

“Better than expected, sadly he has more bad and sad memories, than good and happy memories, but I still managed, he should be up and running by tomorrow, but for now he should get some rest, actually, when I was going through his mind, his stats had increased since the last time I checked, or most of them at least, why is that,” Luna asked.

“Well, that is because of the fez on his head,” Lavender said.

“So that is what the hat is called, well my guess is that it was enchanted, but why did he want a fez,” Luna asked.

“Well in his discription of fezzes, ‘fezzes are cool’, funny how that’s his words exactly,” you said.

“Yes, but now we must rest, for tomorrow we must see our friend, sure he will be a little broken, but understand I can only lessen the pain, not take it a way,” Luna said, eveypony nodded.

“Well see you guys tomorrow then, come on Twilight, let’s head back to the- oh wait, Pinkie, I almost forgot, I have to ask you something,” you said.

“Your hired,” Pinkie screamed with joy.

“Okay then, but shouldn’t we go over this with the cakes first,” you asked.

“Oh of course, then see you tomarrow with Mint so you guys can get hired,” she said, jumping off to who knows where, the rest of the room except for Lavender, was shocked.

“You didn’t even ask the question, and you don’t even care,” Twilight asked, her expression is priceless.

“Why should she, we should know by now she breaks all known laws of physics, so why even bother questioning it,” Lavender said.

“Well it’s not every day ya see stuff like that,” Applejack said, funny how she’s been silent until now.

“Well Pinkie isn’t exactly your everyday pony, now is she,” you asked.

“Well... You’re not wrong there, but anyway, lets head home, it’s getting dark,” Twilight said, heading for the door.

“Yeah let’s,” Lavender said.

“Well see you guys tomorrow,” you said, waving a hoof at them.

You, your sister, and Twilight all head back to the library, you arrange the couches and head to sleep.

“Night Twi,” you and Lavender said.

“Night girls,” Twilight replied.

Then you both close your eyes while hugging each other for comfort, even though there’s a missing hole in this.