• Published 14th Jun 2017
  • 1,078 Views, 12 Comments

Broken Reflections - CloverStarshine



The opposite of Equestria isn't the most pleasant of places. And now Twilight, with the help of a friend who has lost all, must return back to her Equestria. But in order to do so, she herself must survive this opposite realm.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,078

The Switch

Equestria: 12:20 A.M (Twilight)

Twilight sighed as she brushed her teeth and walked towards her room. Today had been great, truly on of the best days ever. But now it was over, and the alicorn wanted to get some sleep for the night. Tomorrow, maybe the Cutie Map would have a mission for them. Who knew? She just wished that the princesses could've come. But knowing their duties, she knew that they wouldn't have been able to come.

Spike lay curled on his tiny bed, but his blankets had been pushed away. Twilight smiled as she pulled the covers over him with her magic, and then she got under the covers of her own bed. She levitated a book towards her and turned on her nightlight. It had been a book given to her by one of the ponyfolk, who had not put their names on the tag. Curious, Twilight had opened the present and found a book inside. Now she was reading it, but it looked rather strange. There were symbols on the book margin and another one on the cover. The book was a darker shade of lavender and the front page held what looked like a vine. All this puzzled Twilight, even more that the book held no title. What type of book is this?! Twilight thought. She flipped to the first page as some weird citation appeared, probably the dedication. She read:

“One like the other, but yet not. Two identicals, who each hold different characteristics. Two of parallel worlds, but one is the fallen one. Only one can remain, but both would make a change if switched. Either the world, or themselves, or someone else.”

Okay, what type of citation was this?! Twilight rubbed her head, thinking she would ponder the subject in the morning. She then lay the book on her night table the drifted off to sleep.

Fell Equestria: 12:20 A.M

Twilight grunted as she walked through the door. Today was supposed to be special, yet no one treated her as so. She was supposed to have respect, yet all she got was literally nothing. Her “friends” hadn't even bothered to show up (save for Pinkie and Fluttershy). She just wanted respect and appreciation. Was that too much to ask? . Spike who had fallen asleep on her bed and used her magic to throw him out.

"Jeez, ever heard of the word 'excuse me?' grumbled Spike.

"A queen such as me has no need to be the nice to the likes of you," snarled Twilight, narrowing her eyes at the dragon. Spike rolled his eyes and lay on his bed, and Twilight growled. She then slipped into bed, cursing at him, and levitated a book towards her. The book was given to her as a present from a pony who had refused to share their identity. Twilight was about to pin them down and demand answers, but they were gone in the blink of an eye, literally. She wondered what the book was, looking at the strange symbols decorating it. The book was a light normal shade of lavender. It had a sparkle at the top, which made Twilight smile at seeing how she finally got some recognition.

She opened it up and found no title, strange. But why would you need a title with the cover it had? Turning the page she found the dedication, thinking it was about her she read:

“One like the other, but yet not. Two identicals, who get hold different characteristics. Two of parallel worlds, but one is the fallen one. Only one can remain, but both would make a change if switched. Either the world, or themselves, or someone else.”

Okay, what did that even mean? What the hell is this?! This isn't about me! Twilight thought angrily. She slammed the book on the ground and fell asleep, plotting on giving the mysterious pony a piece of her mind.

If she found her that is.

Mirror-Verse (Equestria Twilight)

Twilight woke up in a dark void, with no light or anything anywhere. The lavender alicorn looked around again until she finally found a light to the distance. What is this place? the alicorn thought as she walked toward the light. Once there she found a mirror with the same symbols that the book had. It had a wavy line with four dots, two on each side. There was also a circle with three pointed triangles, and multiple sparkles. On the top was the same quotation that the book had where the dedication should've been.

She then looked in the mirror, expecting to see herself. But it proved to be otherwise. The mare in the mirror looked like her, at the same time that it didn't. She had pierced wings, dyed mane of the color aqua, her mane and coat where of a darker shade than hers. The mirror mare had a spiked collar and a pierced ear with magenta eye shadow, and her wings held vine tattoos, one on each. It looked nothing like Twilight's. She then reached out to touch the mirror, the other mare did the same. Then a flash of white light shone as both made disappeared.

Mirror-Verse (Fell Twilight)

Twilight had found herself in the same situation that the other her did. Where the hell am I? Twilight thought as she walked around. She flapped her wings and tried to fly up, only to keep going deeper into darkness. She flew back down and saw the white light, and decided to walk towards it. However, when she found the mirror, she later no attention to the engraved quotation on the top of the symbols on the sides. Rather at the alicorn in the mirror. She wanted to walk around the mirror but only found darkness. So she went back and looked at the mare, who was looking straight at her. The sight of the alicorn similar to her had a lighter shade of her mane color and coat. She held no piercing and from the looks of it, no vine tattoos. Who the fuck is this? Definitely not me, thought Twilight. She then stretched her hoof out to touch mirror, and so did the other mare. They both touched each other's hoof through the glass. There was a bright white flash, and both mares vanished.

Mirror-Verse (???)

From the darkness, a being had been watching the two mares with content. It barely had any fun, knowing it was dead already and could not escape the place. Well, it could, but apparently it couldn't interfere or interact with anything. The being was perfectly fine with that, more or less. But there were two reasons behind this. One, they wanted to have a little fun for once, enjoy the benefits of their new job. And second of all, they wanted to send the mare from the harmonious world to save someone the being loved a lot. Or at least, try to.