• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 860 Views, 17 Comments

Summer Fun - Rose Quill



Dash and Moondancer attend the Summer Sun Celebration together

  • ...
3
 17
 860

So Close...

"Are you alright?" Moondancer asked. "You've been quiet all night. Did something happen at practice?"

Dash poked at the coffee mug in front of her, wishing for once that her marefriend wasnt as perceptive as she was.

"We received word today that the venue was changed last minute," she said, staring at the tablecloth. "It's being held in the Crystal Empire this year. Something political about it. I hope you're not upset. You don't have to come with me, and I'll meet you at the falls as soon as I'm dismissed for the show."

Moondancer shook her head. "I'm disappointed in you," she said, rising from her seat.

"I know," Rainbow said, head hanging.

"I can't believe you'd think I wouldn't go with you there," she said, coming to stand beside the Pegasus. "I told you I'd go with you to see you perform. I mean that."

Rainbow blinked for a moment.

"You mean..."

The Unicorn pecked her mare friend on the cheek.

"I just need to talk to Twilight about how to dress for the Empire," she said, flicking her tail across Rainbow's nose as she turned. "After all, all five princesses will be there! I don't want to upset one of them."

Rainbow just smiled.

"I'm sure you'll knock them dead, babe," she said.


"What do you mean, nothing?" Moondancer turned to face her oldest friend in the sitting room of the Castle of Friendship.

"What I mean is," Twilight Sparkle said, turning the page in the latest Daring Do book. "Is that none of us will be offended. Princess Celestia and Luna won't even notice as they'll be busy during the festival, Cadence is the nicest pony you're likely to meet, Flurry Heart is still a foal, and you know my stance on fashion."

"I know," the Unicorn rubbed her foreleg for a moment.

Twilight shut the book, glancing at her friend.

"This isn't about the princesses, is it?" She asked. "Something to do with Dash?"

Moondancer sighed. "I was looking forward to a relaxing week at Rainbow Falls," she said. "I don't mind the change in venues - I'm actually excited about seeing the Empire - I just..."

"Wish the two of you had more control?" Twilight whispered.

"Yeah," the bookworm said, dropping back onto the cushion she had been offered when she arrived. "I knew what I was getting into, Twilight. Rainbow is more or less a military pony and as such has to follow orders. But I never thought it'd be this trying."

"You think that's trying, try being a princess, or dating one," Twilight smirked. "You know how hard it is for Luna and I to find time some days?"

Moondancer's eyes popped wide open.

"Y-you and Princess Luna?"

The Alicorn nodded. "Long story," she said. "Involving an amulet, dreamwalking, and more than a botched spell or two."

"I have time," Moondancer said.