• Published 10th Jun 2017
  • 878 Views, 9 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: THE MOVIE - DakariKingMykan



When Discord's son mobilizes Starfleet's powers, The ponies go on a space-trot to find a new energy source

  • ...
79
 9
 878

Act 8: End of the Roads

ACT EIGHT

Early the next morning, after the team had breakfast, , they set off up the mountain, dodging more traps, more dangers and using only their natural skills and what supplies they had to get across and climb higher. Leaping across giant chasms or jumping high up tall steep ridges too slippery to climb.

Even a whole gang of tree-type monsters came at them, but Spike managed to scare them off with his fiery breath, even if it was small. “Way to go, Spike!” said Twilight.

“Gee! I guess maybe I am bit of a help after all.” Spike said.

“Pick up the pace. We’ve still got a long way to go.” shouted Lightning and they continued to dash up the mountain.




Meanwhile, something very unusual was going on in United Equestria. All the monsters, and the chaos had ceased for a great big party and dance going on in New Ponyville, and all the ponies and other creatures of the planet were joining in the fun. All this was arranged by Distraught for his “End of United Equestria Party” He himself was there to enjoy the fun too “I want you all to party like there’s no tomorrow…because there isn’t going to be for you!”

Sundown was all the time they had left.

Some of the creatures had already given up hope, even a couple of the cuite mark crusaders “What are you guys doing?” snapped DD “How can y’all be partin’ at a time like this when we’re all gonna be dead soon?” added Apple Bloom.

“So, if this is our last day, we may as well enjoy it.” said Sweetie Bell.

“Yeah, and it’s not over yet.” Scootaloo said “We still have until sundown. There’s still a chance.”

Cheeilee came along dancing to the groove with Big Mac “Don’t worry girls. I’m sure the others will be back in time.”

“Eeyup.” added Big Mac “If there’s one thing Applejack and the others don’t know is how to fail.”

The Cakes came by with End of the World Milkshakes for everyone, and Distraught liked how they were all obeying him. “Now then, I must be off, but I’ll be back. Don’t any of you stop partying!” and he vanished and was gone.

He had teleported all the way to the palace in New Canterlot. His plan was to start by finishing off Celestia and Grand Ruler while they were still unconscious. “He is coming!” cried Luna.

“Wrong!” Distraught shouted as he materialized “I’m here.”

Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor and Goldwin all stood together. “Oh, puh-lease!” scoffed Distraught. “You honestly expect me to be intimidated by this? Now I came here to kill their highnesses and that’s just what I intend to do.”

“Yeah, well I’ve got news for you; they aren’t here.” said Shining Armor.

“What?” snapped Distraught and laughed hysterically in complete disbelief “I’m sorry, but you really kill me, you know that?”

“It’s not a joke.” Cadance said.

“They’re really not here.” added Goldwin.

Distraught had heard enough and teleported to the royal master bedroom only to discover that they were gone! “I think you will find somewhat to your shock that their majesties are no longer here.” said Professor Brain.

Distraught had been so preoccupied keeping an eye all over United Equestria and the team on Brogan; he really never could see everything at once, and he growled angrily. He grabbed Brain by the collar “Tell me where they are!” he growled fiercely at him.

“Now, now…” Brain said acting all cool and calm “There is no need for this rash behaviour. I shall take you straight to them.”

Distraught did so, but warned Brain not to be deceiving him. Brain told him “Follow me, and I will take you to their majesties at once.” and he began to lead Distraught through the palace, even passing by a window that Luna could see through the windows of the main lobby of the palace. “There is the signal. It is time.”

That’s when Krysta popped out from a column, and nodded, and then she quietly signaled her fairies to move out. While Distraught was distracted, the fairies would warp each and every single creature across the entire planet to the planet Sharma; the very one that the races went to for shelter when Unicornicopia and Equestria were destroyed.

Celestia and Grand Ruler had been teleported there earlier.

Luna and the others were teleported there at once, and since Goldwin was no longer in the palace, his mask stopped working and he turned back into a statue and couldn’t be brought back to life again until he got back inside.

Slowly but surely, the entire populace of the planet was teleported to the planet to join them all where they would hopefully be safe and bide some extra time.

Brain led Distraught all through the palace and into the catacombs of the mountain which would keep him and Distraught moving for a while. “You’re beginning to make me angry!” Distraught growled “How much further?”

“Oh, my dear sir-- Do have more patience, please!” Brain said “We had moved their majesties to a secret crypt far within the interior of the mountain; it is so deep that you cannot simply teleport in or out.”

Distraught grumbled angrily under his breath, but he agreed to keep going. He wanted to kill those two royal ponies and fast!




Meanwhile, after hours upon hours of battling across many dangers and climbing high…

“Wow! Guys, you’ve got to see this!” Spike called, and when the team reached up on the ledge and what they saw, they almost refused to believe. They had reached the peak of the mountain, just like Starla predicted, and just up ahead was a small stone building-- the entrance to the temple.

“It’s incredible.” Twilight said “Even the shrine to the Elements of Harmony was never like this.”

Lightning stepped to the head of the gang. “Let’s check it out, but take it easy.”

They all moved closer to the entrance doors, and suddenly the ground began to rumble and the doors opened wide. “You think we’re bein’ invited in?” asked Applejack.

Fluttershy quivered and whimpered “I think maybe I’ll wait outside.” but she was forced to come along with the others, through the doors and emerging in a completely emptied square room. “Hey, what gives?” snapped Rainbow

“There’s nothing in here at all.” added Buddy Rose.

“You mean we climbed all this way, fought across dangers, nearly got ourselves killed several times over… all for nothing?!” growled Artie.

Many of the others refused to believe that, and that was when the floor opened wide beneath their feet-- a trap door and they all fell, screaming, down, down a slippery slope down a long, long tunnel and landing at the bottom with a huge crash!

They all lay pilled all over each other in a big ball. “Wee, that was actually kind of fun.” Pinkie giggled. The others just sighed irritably, but suddenly they all realized that they had fallen into a secret crypt, deep within the mountain interior. “This must be the real temple.” Spike said.

“It must be.” Twilight said “Look there!” Just up ahead was a small stone staircase leading up to the blue orb surrounded by the force-field, just as they had been told. “Oh, my!” cried Rarity as she gazed at the orb from afar “It’s… its absolutely magnificent. More beautiful than I ever could have imagined.”

“We have made it!” cried Dyno.

“We found the orb!” added Myte.

As much as Lightning was pleased and relieved that the orb had been found at last, somehow he didn’t think that taking would be all that easy. “Wait here.” he said to the others.

“But Lightning…” Twilight said

“I said wait!” Lightning snapped. The others stood where they were as Lightning slowly ascended the stairs to the orb’s pedestal. “Lightning, be careful.” Starla called.

“You must remember what Khan had said
Those who aren’t pure of heart, the shield shall make them dead.” said Rhymey.

Lightning remembered, but he slowly raised his hands and slowly moved them towards the barrier, finally touching the force-field, and nothing happened. He didn’t feel a thing! He grinned triumphantly as he softy took the orb into his grip and pull it off the pedestal. The others began to cheer for joy now that they had the orb, but suddenly the orb began to glow and float high above the ground as a voice called out…

“By overcoming the obstacles, and using only your skills and might
You have proven to be pure of heart and removed the orb from the ray of light.
Accept now this final challenge; defeat the guardian and prove indeed,
that you intend to use the power for pureness, and not for lust and greed
But if by some unfortunate fate you fail the test, you will then…
…forever remain here in this tomb, never to see daylight again!”

Hearing this worried everyone, and Rainbow asked “Defeat the guardian? What does that mean?”

She soon got her answer as the entire tomb light up brighter than ever and the orb floated up, up to a giant statue with four massive arms and fists, and inserting into a small niche in its head, the statue began to glow blue and rumble as it started to move. “Does that answer your question, Rainbow?” Twilight said nervously.

Rainbow nodded nervously.

The statue glared at everyone and began to stomp forward slowly yet fiercely, and raised its huge fists “Look out!” shouted Lightning and everyone leapt out of the way as the fists slammed down hard, after that, everyone kept running all over the tomb.

The statue waved its arms and slammed down every here and there, the team was hardly able to dodge and then figure out where the statue would smash next.

“We’ve got to try and beat this thing!” Twilight reminded everyone.

“And how do you propose we do that?” snapped Artie. He had a point, for they still couldn’t fly, use magic, or even transform to make the battle easier. “We have to try somehow.” Rainbow said and she charged forth yelling out loud and aiming a powerful kick at the statue’s leg.

BAM!!

Rainbow was then hopping around holding her sore foot “Okay, bad idea, really bad idea!”

That statue was made of a really solid rock, much too strong for them to attack, especially without magic or weapons. Some of them even tried tying the statue up by the legs with all the rope they had from their supplies, but that didn’t work either; the statue snapped the ropes like threads, then continued to smash and stomp about, and the team could only keep dodging and running from those massive arms and the statue’s huge feet. Pinkie even resorted to a whack-a-mole type game with the statue, and she was the mole; always popping her head out of various places and ducking down just in time before getting hit.

“This is ridiculous!” snapped Twilight “It’s got to have some kind of weakness.”

“Yeah, but what…?” Lightning asked.

That’s when the statue turned and loomed over Rarity, and began coming after her. “Rarity, Get out of there!” cried Starla.

Rarity had nowhere to run to and shrieked in fright. Some of the others tried to dash over and help only to end up nearly getting crushed by the statue’s arms.

“Rarity!” cried Spike as he watched in horror as the statue prepared to finish her. “No!” yelled Spike as he rushed over and actually scaled the statue’s massive body and leapt over, onto its huge face. “You leave her alone!” he shouted as he pounded fiercely on the statues eyes nose and head trying desperately to get it to stop, and it did! The statute began swaying back and forth violently in attempt to shake Spike off its face.

“Whoa…! WHOOOAAAAAAAAAH…!”

Poor Spike had forgotten how small he was and how high off the ground he was too. “SPIKE…!” Rarity screeched.

The statue got fiercer as it swung its arms all around its face trying to knock Spike off. “I’m getting airsick up here!” Spike shouted. The others tried all they could to leap up to save him, but ended up getting bashed hard by those huge stone arms and sent them crashing to the ground and into the walls.

Rarity angrily pounded on the statue’s foot shouting “You leave my little Spikey Wikey alone! Let him go! I SAID LET HIM GO!”

The statue softly raised its foot, bashing her hard across the floor. “RARITY!” shouted Spike. She would live, but her cheek was badly bruised. Spike’s anger began to rise. “That’s it! You mess with Rarity, and you’ll pay!” and he drew in a deep breath and let out the biggest burst of fire he had ever breathed, which actually only amounted to the size of a soccer ball and did nothing at all really, and once again he was forced to hang on for dear life.

“We’ve got to do something!” cried Twilight. She didn’t want to lose Spike, but the others were totally stumped, until Lightning noticed the glowing from the statues body coming from the orb lodged in its head. “That’s it! Spike, the orb! Go for the orb!”

Spike realized what Lightning was getting at, and since he was the only one that could even try, being so close to it. “Okay! I’ll try!” he shouted, but it was easier said than done as he had to hang on tight as well, and in the end it was just no good, he didn’t think he could do it, until he gazed back down again and noticed the others were all still trying to help him by distracting the statue. They were all counting on him, and especially Rarity. He caught a single glimpse at her and the way she was gazing up at with those worried eyes, he felt his courage skyrocketing. Letting out a scream of bravery he leapt at the orb and caught hold of it. “Lights out for you, rock-head!” he sneered as he pulled and pulled with all his might finally yanking the orb out sending it falling down below and Twilight caught it.

At once, the statue’s glow faded away and the giant pile of rock began to fall over and Spike tumbled down with it. “SPIKE!!” everyone shouted. It really would have been the end for him had Starla not leapt up high and caught him in her arms.

Soon everyone was cheering for extreme joy. They had the orb back, and the statue was down. “Three big cheers for Spike; the big hero of this scene…” Lightning said.

As the others cheered for him, Spike almost felt embarrassed, but it the others reminded him that he really was a hero, especially Rarity. “You’re my hero Spikey Wikey.” and she planted many kisses on his face, almost enough to send him into a heavenly coma.

Then suddenly, a bright light began to shine as a doorway opened wide. The team walked through the door and outside only to realize they were at the very bottom of the mountain. “We climbed way up there, only to end up back where we started again?!” snapped Applejack.

The others could hardly believe it, but they were soon distracted by the sound of applause. They turned to see Khan, Rani and all the members of the village there congratulating them. “You all did very well. I’m actually surprised.” Khan said “Now that you have the orb, I know you’ll save United Equestria, and restore Starfleet to full power.”

Rani nodded and explained that by removing the orb they also lifted Discord’s thousand year-old spell on the planet. “Now the planet Brogan will be cleansed of all the danger and hazards, and our duties as the guardians are complete.”

They were all planning to move on, and maybe go to live in United Eqeustria, once it was saved. That put the team back on track remember that they had to get home. “But how do we do that?” asked Fluttershy.

Khan smiled and showed them all that hidden behind some brush was a warp portal that they could use to get back. This meant it was time to say goodbye, but Lightning and the others couldn’t begin to thank Khan enough for all that they had done. “We were happy to help, anything to silence evil and help friends. Now go, you haven’t much time.”

Lightning nodded and the two ponies saluted to one another, and then Lightning and all the others, leapt through the portal and headed off into space.

“Good luck my friends.” Khan said “The spirits of harmony and courage will guide you.”

“Thank you, Captain Lightning.” Daneous muttered softly. “I hope I can be just like you someday.”



While back in United Equestria, the sun was beginning to set, but Krysta and her fairies had nearly warped every single creature off the planet to the Sharma. While Professor Brain had lead Distraught on an agonizing walk around the entire mountain catacombs, and eventually leading him to right back in the throne room of the palace. “What is this?” bellowed Discord and realizing he had been out-smarted, completely lost his temper. “Why you wretched walking mule!” he thundered “I’ll show you…”

“I believe it is I who shall show you.” Brain snickered as Krysta appeared right next to him. “See ya…” she said with a cheeky smirk and vanished along with Brain. Distraught finally realized that the entire planet was deserted and he roared loudly straight up at the sky.



Brain and Krysta appeared on Sharma with all the others. Luna was glad to see they were safe. “Well, that sure went well.” Krysta said.

“Most satisfactory.” agreed Brain.

“Well, at least while we’re here, Distraught won’t get to us for some time.” Shining Armor said…

“I wouldn’t bet on that.” and Distraught appeared in the blue skies of the planet. All the ponies and others creatures could hardly believe it. “Did you really think that your little plan could outwit me? You’re even stupider as you are evil! At least you have succeeded in putting yourselves all in one place. It makes it all the more easier for me to wipe you all out in one easy swoop.”

This frightened and worried many of the creatures and ponies, and Cadance furiously tried to once again inform Distraught that they were not the evil ones. “You’ve got to believe us. Your father was not as good as you think.”

“Silence!” shouted Distraught and used his red orb to blast her knocking her off her feet. “Cadance!” cried Shining Armor as he scooped his wife up into his limbs.

“Your lies are really starting to irk me.” Distraught jeered.

“You fiend, Distraught!” Luna bellowed “Time and again we have tried to reason with you, but you prove that your heart is just as wicked as that of your father’s!”

“Ha! I think I’ve heard just about enough of this.” Distraught said and he raised his red orb up over his head concentrating hard and the orb glowed brightly. “It’s time I did what I should have done sooner!” Suddenly, the entire planet was enclosed in a large, dome of dark swirly colors. This was Distraught’s secret dimension, now infusing with planet Sharma.

He explained that he had been hiding in this unstable warping zone for a while, and with his power now at full he cast a dreadful curse so the dimension would collapse, thus destroy all those were trapped in it. “And don’t bother thinking up worthless plans. Only something of extreme power can break out of this world, like me, or of something even greater. Meanwhile, I’m free to prepare United Equestria for the rebirth of my people and the ultimate avenging of my father, Discord, and the ponies and all they stood for will be NO MORE!”