• Published 25th Sep 2019
  • 5,609 Views, 71 Comments

A Love That Can Heal Your Pain - Jordanwolfboy



For as long as you can remember, you've always had a hard life. However, when you start attending a new school called Canterlot High, you begin to feel like there is hope in the world. Especially when you meet a certain fiery haired girl.

  • ...
7
 71
 5,609

Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

Author's Note:

This was my very first time writing a story on this website. So the only things that I ask are to not be too harsh on it as it is my first time and to give me any possible improvements that I should make for it.

Depression.

This was the only emotion you’ve felt throughout your entire life. No other emotion seemed to have any affect on you other than this one. That’s because your life has always been going downhill. Bad luck and sadness always seemed to loom over you and your family. For as long as you can remember, it’s always been this way.

You can’t remember if there was ever a time where you felt something other than sadness. All of the people that you met were always so angry and mean spirited that you soon grew used to it, but that didn’t mean that you were happy with it. It never seemed to stop until today. Your mom and dad had finally raised enough money to move once more, but this time it was different. The reason is because you were told about a nice little town not too far away from the one you were currently in that had a lot of nice people in it. A place called Canterlot.

You didn’t believe them at first because you were tainted by depression for so long that it didn’t even allow you to do something as simple as smiling. Nevertheless, you were determined to go through with this. If it meant that you could finally be happy for once in your life, then who were you to say no.

When you arrived at Canterlot, you were greeted by the people with smiles and waves. You were initially shocked by this change in people’s personalities. Someone actually being nice to you? That didn’t seem possible until this very moment. You arrived at your new home and unpacked everything into the two story building. When you were done packing, your mom had told you that you were going to start attending the local school this upcoming Monday. You began to ponder how the students would treat you. Hopefully as nice as everyone else has been so far. With everything that has happened to you in your life, you were hoping for a chance for that to change.

After the weekend rolled by, you were driven to school by your mom because your dad had to go out and start looking for jobs in the area. As your mom was driving, she looked over to you with a concerned expression.

“Sweetie, are you feeling okay with attending this new school?” your mom asked. “I know this seems like a big change from your previous school, but I was hoping that you would be happy with this. I’ve heard from many sources that this is a really nice school. The principal and vice principal are really nice, the students are wonderful with each other, and the campus itself is very clean. I was hoping that would cheer you up after......well you know.”

You look over to her and give her a reassuring nod. “I know. I get it. After everything we’ve been through, it would be nice to have something good to happen to us finally.” you say.

She began to smile a little bit after hearing your words. “Good, I just want you to know that your father and I only want what’s best for you.”

You nod as you finally arrived at the school.

“Well, have a good day honey. I’ll pick you up later today. Don’t forget to pick up your schedule from the main office.” She said.

You nod. “I’ll try to make a good first impression today.”

After saying goodbye to your mom, you start making your way towards the front doors of Canterlot High. As you walked, you noticed a few of the students were looking over in your direction. They started to smile and waved at you. Your eyes widened a bit after seeing this. This was the first school that you’ve been to that had students who were actually nice to you. Could this finally be it? The day you were hoping to experience for the first time in your miserable life? The day you would finally feel happiness. Your lips began to curve upward as if this was their first time ever trying to smile which it probably was. You began to smile as the sadness seemed to be nonexistent.

You marched towards the front doors and opened them. You were greeted by the rather beautiful layout of the inside of the school. Before you could marvel at it any further, you reminded yourself that you had to pick up your schedule. Since you were new to this school, you had no idea where to go. So you decided that you had to ask some of the students. You looked around until you saw a kid with spikey blue hair. He seemed nice, so you walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder.

“Um, excuse me.” You asked nervously.

He turns around and looks at you. “Can I help you?” He asked.

“Yeah, I was wondering if you could tell me where I can find the principal’s office.” You say.

He looks at you for a moment and gives you a smile. “Oh, you’re new here aren’t you?” He asked

“Um, yeah. I am.” You say.

“Well in that case, it’s down the hall and to the right. It should be the fifth door on the left wall.” He says as he points to one of the long hallways.

“Thanks. Uhh, I’m Anon by the way.” You say nervously.

“No problem. I’m Flash. Flash Sentry. It’s nice to meet you Anon.” He says while holding out his hand. You grab it and he shakes it rather enthusiastically. “Well, I need to start heading towards my class. Maybe we could start hanging out since your new?” Flash asked.

“Y-Yeah sure. I’ll see you later.” You say as you began to walk away. He waves back at you as he walks towards the other hallway. You began to congratulate yourself for not messing up with talking to Flash. Maybe this was the beginning of something fantastic. Maybe this was finally the time that your life was going to be good. You still held onto your smile as you made your way to the principal’s office.