• Published 6th Jun 2017
  • 435 Views, 6 Comments

Legend of Starlight Book 1 (Equality) - ProyectV



After the summer sun celebration everything seems normal in Equestria, until a new foe with simmilar powers to Tirek threatens the peace in the land.

  • ...
3
 6
 435

An act of revenge

"So... it wasn't you ... Trixie told you it wasn't you, it was obvious, although of course that something you should already known since you were the accused one and those things, but the others were not sure and suspected you, however, the great and powerful Trixie! knew that you were not like that. Do you get me?

"Yes Trixie, I understand, it's good to have the confidence of my friends back" Starlight replies smiling.

"Yes, well, friends friends as such ... Trixie is not convince at all, real friends wouldn't suspect about you, that means they don't know you as I do" Trixie replies smiling.

It had been about two days since the incident where the girls accused Starlight of being "Samesh", in these last two days, Twilight and the other girls had tried to reconcile with Starlight for accusing her, however, Star was not annoyed with any of them, to tell the truth she did not blame them.

"Well ... well ... You should not rely entirely on someone like me ...

"Nonsense, stop thinking those things, Star. You have to be a little more ... How to say? ... Bleh ... Do you understand me?

"Yes, it's just ...

"Don't think about it, anyway. How's your invention going to find the pony?

"Okay, we're in the final phase, doing the last experiments, all good at the moment" replies Starlight cheerfully.

"Excellent, then you can catch Samesh soon... but... just like I do, you don't look very excited about that..." Trixie says quietly.

"As I told you, I am not against your idea of giving some power to the other equines, but... I have my insecurities about it...

"Trixie doesn't feel very safe either, but if Trixie has learned something, is that one can never be completely sure of something, there are always insecurities, but in the end things turn out well... most of the time.

"I suppose you're right... well, it's getting late. I guess you're leaving, right?" Starlight asks with a faint smile to Trixie.

"Yes, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE, needs her beauty dream, see ya Starlight"says Trixie while leaving the library.

"See ya..." Starlight says with a slight smile, not knowing how to feel about it.

As Starlight continued to work on the invention, Trixie walked back to her house when she started to feel that someone was following her, she began to walk hastily and nervously around the place, finally, turned around surprisingly to see if she managed to catch who was the pony following her, but there was no one there.

"You're imagining things, Trixie, you're imagining things..." Trixie says to herself.

"Really?" A voice asks after her.

"YOU?!"

"I!"

***

"Jum ...

"Is something wrong, Starlight?" Twilight asks.

"No, it's just that Trixie hasn't come to visit today, not that she comes to see me every day but... she's been doing it for a season already" Starlight comments.

"It's probably nothing, she must be busy working or something.

"Yes ... it sure is nothing ... but anyway, I'll go find her, she wanted to help being the test subject of the invention as it has been these days" says Starlight with a smile heading towards the exit of the castle to look for Trixie in the place where she usually assembles her act of magic for foals, nevertheless, when arriving at the same she found the place empty.

"Uh... Hey! Snips, Snails, have you not you seen Trixie?" Starlight asks the two ponies walking around.

"Not really, she did not come to do her show today, we actually thought she was with you or was walking around the town" Snips replies.

"Yes, we thought she'd taken the day off," Snails said.

"Huh... weird... she's not with me, well don't worry, I'll look her up at her house to see if she happened to fall asleep or just did not want to leave her house today, see you later" Starlight happily said goodbye to both of them.

"Wait, we'll go with you" the two young stallions say.

"Trixie is our friend too" says Snips with a slight smile

"Well, friend as such, no, but we do care" replies Snails smiling.

"Ok, let's go get her" says Starlight smiling at them both, the group of three ponies head for Trixie's house, only to find it empty and with her hat on the ground in front of the entrance with a rare and viscous green liquid with a note.

"What does it say?" Snips and Snails ask Starlight.

"Huh? It's a note ... "says Starlight reading the same, to immediately run away back to the castle.

"Wait! What do it say?" Snips and Snaisl ask chasing Starlight

***

"Then they took her to force us to give the invention to detect magic and the blueprints to whoever wrote the note..." Rainbow says to the group.

"The note says that you meet with her at 12 o'clock in the old castle of the two sisters, in the throne room and it wants you to go alone, just Starlight and no one else..." Applejack reads te note.

"Sounds like a barter not convenient, I feel they're not going to give Trixie and they're going to take Starlight and the device along with the blueprints" says Twilight.

"But... what other choice do we have? They have my best friend and we can't stand not doing anything, I honestly prefer to give up the blueprints and the object to risk losing Trixie" replies Starlight worried

"We agree with Star" say Snips and Snails supporting Stralight's idea

"And risk risking Starlight too?! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. We will not risk that... besides, it is not good to negotiate with ponies, not this way. Have not you read crime novels? It always ends bad.

"So what do you usually do in those novels, honey?" Rarity asks.

"Well... in these cases they usually do two things, or set a trap for the villain, or chase after the barter ... and I know exactly what we're going to do" says Twilight smiling at the group, starting to plan to capture whoever kidnapped to Trixie.

***

"Agh ... I'm not really sure about this, Twilight" says Starlight through a magical connection with Twilight.

"Nonsense, everything will go according to plan" Answers Twilight by the same connection.

"So ... Who do you think it is?

"Samesh, there is no doubt

"Are you sure about that? This doesn't look like something Samesh would do ...

"Who else would specifically want you to deliver the plans and the invention that we made to discover the identity of Samesh?

"No idea ... the responsible are already coming, we'll talk later when you start the plan

"See you later" Twilight replies cutting communication with Starlight.

At that moment, a large mare emerged from the shadows, her body was hairless and black, had green insect wings and was full of holes, had green eyes with a penetrating look and imposed a certain fear as it advanced towards Starlight, she was a mare she knew very well, sadly.

"Chrysalis?!" Starlight asks in surprise.

"Were you expecting someone else?" Asks the ex-queen as a pair of changelings with a look like the one before Thorax's changed them.

"You still have followers?!

"Of course, my dear. Did you think all the changelings would accept the Thorax change or leadership? No sir, not at all, some are reserved and prefer the old methods of feeding... anyway, I came for the invention and the blueprints and also, for you" Chrysalis says as changelings proceeded to surround Starlight.

"That was not part of the deal ...

"Neither was bringing your friends along" Chrysalis says, catching Starlight's attention and worrying her lightly.

"What are you talking about? I don't know what you're talking about…

"Oh, you don't know?" Chrysalis asks as her changelings bring a Rainbow Dash and Rarity gagged from the shadows, noticing Starlight that Rarity had black crystals in her horn.

"One of my guards intercepted them as they went to their position, they put up a good fight, but I personally made sure that they did not alert the others or make much noise. Did you really think that after my meetings with you, I would fall for the same fool trick to get behind my lines? No, I've been preparing for whatever you and your friends had in the bag for me, and... wow... look who's coming here" while Chrysalis was saying this, the Changelings brought the other girls tied up.

"So there they were... I told you, Rainbow and Rarity were acting strange!" Applejack says to the group.

"It was more than clear Applejack" says Twilight, which also had black crystals on her horn.

"Do not worry, Starlight must be able to get us out of here, isn't it Starlight?" Pinkie asks smiling.

"Oh, she will not, although she's strong using magic is not enough to face us all, and if you try to escape things will be worse for you in many ways, not to mention your little friend Trixie"says Chrysalis smiling at the girls

"Why are you doing this? Why do you work for Samesh?"Starlight asks.

"Working for Samesh? Oh no, you misunderstand, I do not work for her, I just want her plan to be done, because that way I will have my revenge against the nation that made me stand aside and kick me away for thinking different that also barinwashed my Changelings, but with me thodr mind tricks don't work, you can't be a judge, jury and executioner, eventually you will face someone with whom you can't apply that method and that someone is Samesh.

"Then you're an unrecognized associate of her, you're not going to achieve anything, Samesh is not against us, she just wants to empower the people to choose their representatives and leaders.

"Maybe, but the princesses are going to oppose that, for example, your friend Twilight Do you think she's going to give up her title just because a pony who thinks different than she asks her to do so? No, she'll fight to the death for her title, and not because she wants to, but because Celestia says so, Twilight is just the princess's mascot, the one who licks her hooves when she gets close to her, for pleasing her just to receive a bone in return, Twilight is unable to think for herself, she highly idolizes her mentor and so she will never stop doing what she asks, regardless of the price or against whoever she puts her"While Chrysalis said those words Twilight just listened quietly with crouched ears.

"That's a lie, Twilight would never do that" Applejack says.

"Really? Do you think if Samesh were you she would defend or support you? No, not at all, a dog is loyal to its master and will defend it by cloak and dagger no matter how wrong it's master is"Twilight did not say anything at the words of Chrysalis, she seemed to be frozen in place.

"Anyway... now, give me the invention, the blueprints and come with me if you don't want anything bad to happen to your friends" says Chrysalis extending her hoof to Starlight.

"What guarantee do I have that you're going to do what you say?" Starlight asks.

"None, but I think they're more likely to survive if you do what I say, don't you think?" Chrysalis asks in a venomous tone to Starlight. Starlight looked up to see her friends and then look at her purse.

"Okay... take them..." she says, handing over the invention and the blueprints who Chrysalis takes inmediately.

"Well... you seven, disguise as them and go to the castle, check every corner of it until you found any possible copy of the blueprints and destroy them, then occupy their respective place and this time do not make the same mistake as last time? Was i clear? "Chrysalis asks the changelings, who nod their heads and turn into each of the girls, including a copy of Starlight which takes her empty bag and places it on herself to retreat with the others.

"Well, now, you escort our guests to their cell next to the shrill screaming blue and block Starlight's magic to, I don't want surprises" says Chrysalis while she retired with the invention and the blueprints, while the Changelings guards escorted them to the dungeon of the castle, while all this happened, Snips and Snails were hiding behind a pillar of the throne room, somehow they had managed to follow the girls and sneak among the guards without drawing attention or being discovered.

"What do we do now, Snails?" Snips asks.

"No idea Snails, but we have to get out of here" replies Snails

"I agree with you, let's get out of here" says Snips fleeing the place at full speed next to his friend, the two had gone because they wanted to help Trixie, but only managed to witness the kidnapping of the girls and the surrender of Starlight, they had to alert someone, but they didn't know who, the only thing left was to hope for the best and that someone believed their story.