• Published 6th Jun 2017
  • 434 Views, 6 Comments

Legend of Starlight Book 1 (Equality) - ProyectV



After the summer sun celebration everything seems normal in Equestria, until a new foe with simmilar powers to Tirek threatens the peace in the land.

  • ...
3
 6
 434

Suspect Number 1

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, but finally the chapter is here, i will publish new chapters sooner than you think, thanks and i'm so sorry for posting this so long after the last chapter

There were all the girls present in the map room analyzing the situation, just as Twilight predicted, the watchman committed a stupidity and went from hero to villain and things have only gotten worse since then, a good portion of the equine population was against the watcher, but another part of the population was in favor, especially the earthly, there was a general discontent on the part of the citizens not being able to choose their mayors or representatives and that these were chosen by the princesses, not only that , but the current system forced the people to accept the rules and laws imposed by the princesses without the possibility of saying anything, ponies only wanted to have control of their lives and be completely free.

"The news says there's a large group of ponies that disappeared in Las Pegasus, Manehattan, Fillydelphia, Cloudsdale and many more" says Applejack to the group.

"How many ponies?" Twilight asks.

"About 2500 ponies," Fluttershy says.

"Almost as big as the royal guard at Canterlot...

"That means the watchman has an army almost as big as Canterlot's...that's bad," Rainbow says.

"Yes, every day more and more ponis are uniting to their cause and the mayors of the cities are beginning to resign their positions, the mayor of Fillydelphia and Cloudsdale resigned their positions, nobody is very excited to take them...

"Then this watchman in only four days succeeded in forming a small army and frightening the leaders of every city and town of Equestria ..." commented Applejack

"And only with a public appearance..." Fluttershy says.

"Yes... but we can't blame them, the guy is scary ..." comments Rarity.

"IS IT SCARY?! IT'S A FREAKING MONSTER! It will destroy us all, EVERYONE, first He will remove the princesses and then it will do worse things, like saying that all sweets should be the same, or that all ponies should be the same and it will force us all to have cutie marks with signs of equality and ...

"Pinie, you said enough, besides, I don't think there's anything worse than the fall of the whole Equestrian political system," Rainbow says, covering Pinkie's mouth with one of her hooves.

"Anyways. I was watching the pictures of the vigilant and I have good news Twilight, we can substantially reduce the list of suspects" says Rarity with a big smile.

"Do you have any information to give us?

"Yes, that jacket, the design, details, ornaments, and so on, is mine.

"What?" Asked the others in surprise.

"It's part of my winter collection from last year and it's a red wine one, the rarest of them all, I only made about 20 of those jackets while the others I made 60, I just need to see my store records from here and Canterlot and we can reduce the list of suspects" says Rarity smiling.

"Excellent Rarity! In that case we will only have to investigate 20 families who have bought that jacket and with the detector almost ready we can catch the subject in a couple of ... "Twilight could not finish the sentence because a loud explosion shook the castle, the girls looked at each other to others.

"That felt close..." Rainbow says.

"It came from the library ... STARLIGHT AND THE DEVICE!" Shouted Twilight flying out of the place flying at incredible speed followed by her friends, upon arriving at the library they saw Starlight covered with ashes and her mane a little bit burnt.

"Starlight! Are you okay? "Twilight asks in alarm.

"Yes ... I was putting the last adjustments to the invention and it exploded in my face..." Starlight says, coughing slightly at the same time.

"Are you sure it was an accident?" Applejack asks.

"Yes why do you ask?

"Well ... it's not for nothing, but ... I've noticed certain specific things about you, the way you deny so firmly that you're the vigilant, the fact that when he appeared you disappeared, and that now that the device just blew up just when it was to be completed and we would have a way to discover the watchman? I don't know ... it's little bit ... suspicious ...

"Applejack is right ... Where were you when the vigilant attacked?" Rainbow asks.

"I got one of those breaded carrots: I told you" Starlight replies.

"Come on girls. I don't think it's Starlight" Twilight says to her friends.

"I don't know Twilight, it's true, all those recent events are really suspicious. The one that was not there when the vigilant appeared and an accident happened now when we're close to discovering him... it's a little suspicious," says Fluttershy .

"Besides, she brainwashed us that time to solve her friendship problems, also there's that time she bottled up her anger to solve her friendship problem and changed the ponies cutie mark, she has not changed much or learned much" she says Pinkie.

"Besides, I haven't heard her complain about the fact that the vigilant plans to destroy the current system of Equestria... What do you think about that?" Rarity asks.

"Well...I feel like it's not right for the princesses to impose everything on us ... we should have the control and freedom to do what we want, you know ... Social and political equality?" Starlight replies in a low voice tone, ashamed of herself.

"YOU SEE TWILIGHT?! IT HAS TO BE HER! It would not be anything different, only now instead of removing cutie marks removes magic" Rainbow responds.

"But she saved us from Chrysalis!" Says Twilight.

"That she saved us doesn't mean that she's not guilty, sugarcube. The vigilant told Twilight that what she considered that what she's doing it's right, if it's really you we will not be mad at you, but you have to stop this madness before it gets worse" says Applejack to Starlight.

"But it's not me ...

"Think Twilight, the watchman is not bad, just think differently and believes that she does the best for everyone ... she wants equality for all but with the interest of helping them, she also told you that she had respect and admiration for you and she asked you to resign to your place on leadership. Is it really hard to imagine it's Star? Only instead of doing it for evil she does it because she thinks it's the right thing to do.

"Agh..."Twilight stared at her friends, they all gave valid point, it was very suspicious everything and there were not that many other suspects, her heart said no, but his mind said yes, Twilight listened to her mind.

-I'm sorry Star... but the circumstances make you the biggest and only suspicious... I can't do much... you will be under investigation and constant vigilance of the guards of the castle until you prove your innocence or show your guilt" Twilight sentence causing Starlight to crouch her ears.

"I suppose... it makes sense what they say and the suspicion of me... I haven't been one of the best mares in this world..." Starlight says, head down.

"Star..." Twilight says in an attempt to comfort her student, but she simply stands up and leaves the room with her ears crouched.

"Ther must be always two guards with her," Twilight says to the guards at the entrance of the library for them to nod and withdraw, it really hurt to do this to Twilight, but it was the best course of action considering recent events, Twilight retired to her room to rest for a while,she needed some time alone and write to Celestia that they already had a suspect, although she did not feel like a winner.