• Published 6th Jun 2017
  • 434 Views, 6 Comments

Legend of Starlight Book 1 (Equality) - ProyectV



After the summer sun celebration everything seems normal in Equestria, until a new foe with simmilar powers to Tirek threatens the peace in the land.

  • ...
3
 6
 434

Pilot

Author's Note:

Hellow everyone, ProyectV here presenting to you a short fanfic, i’m not sure but i think this fanfic could be consider a mini-series, anyway, before reading there are somethings you need to know, dear reader.

1) In this fanfic i’m going to asume you know who are the main cast and the secondary characters, so there will be no description of the appearance of the character, also i will asume that you know at least how the main stages look like, still i will give a short description of the place if needed (I want you, te reader, to have as much freedom as you can when picturing the scenes, so i will not detail most of the places unless nedeed or that i want you to put in context)

2) For understanding most of this you should at least watch the season premiere and season finale of mlp fim season 5 and 6. (To get all the references you should watch at least the Starlight’s episodes of the season 6)

3) Please do comment the story, it helps a lot to see what things i did wrong and what things i did well, even if you want to theorise, make suggestions or other stuf, it really makes an autor happy to read comments, but please, try to not be an asshole while commenting, let’s keep the comments section clean of curses or bad words.

anyway, that’s all, enjoy this little story called “Legend of Starligt” (LOSt in short)

It was a beautiful day in the village of Ponyville, the birds sang, the flowers bloomed, a perfect day for a picnic and they would have done it, if it wasn't for a small incident that had them very confused.

"What does this mean, Twilight?" A mare in a cowboy accent asked.

"No idea, Applejack, but it can not be good ..." Twilight replies.

"Well ... I understand that the map sent us to other parts of the world to solve friendship problems ... but ... Ponyville?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"Not only that, it's specifically pointing to this castle ... and it's all our cutie marks," Rarity says, looking at them.

"What problem can there be in the castle that the six of you have to solve?" Asks a confused Starlight.

"Do you have any problems?" Fluttershy asks calmly.

"Well ... no, not that I know, I have my personal problems like everypony, but those problems are so personal that I don't share them with anyone or let them affect those around me, they are mostly doubts that I have about myself ... that's not a problem of friendship, right? "Starlight asks them.

"Well ... you locked your anger in a bottle and ended up with a series of ponies wanting to hit Trixie ... maybe your personal problems are not as far apart from your friends as you think, sugarcube" Applejack suggests.

"And not only that, there's the time when she brainwashed us to do whatever she wanted and that time she traveled to the past and almost ruined all Equestria, and the time when you enslaved a whole people for Silly and ...!"

"Pinie, I think Starlight already understood your point" Rainbow says, covering her mouth.

"Look, I know I've made mistakes in the past, there's no point in denying it, but believe me when I tell you, these problems are very, very personal and I will not share them with you" Star says walking out of the room.

"You don't have to tell us what happens to you, but if you notice that it causes you some problem in the way you interact with ponies, don't hesitate to ask for advice" says Twilight smiling at her.

"Agh ... it's fine ... I'll see you," Starlight says, leaving the room.

"So ... we're not going to do anything about it right now," Rainbow Dash asks.

"Well ... no, not really, Starlight has gained some benefit from the doubt and I have not really seen her arguing with anyone ... so ... maybe it's something else," Twilight says looking at the map.

"Maybe the map broke,it has received many blows throughout his stay in this castle" says Applejack giving it light blows.

"I don't think it's damaged ..."

"And if it is damage, hitting it won't fix it," Rarity says to Applejack.

"Whatever we must find out what it is, check every corner of the castle, Applejack, Rainbow, check out the basement of the castle, Fluttershy, Pinkie, look at the kitchen, dining room, and the first floor, Rarity, you and I will review the library , The second floor and the ceiling, we'll see you here after about thirty minutes to see what we find"says Twilight to the group with a slight smile.

"All right, let's do this," Rainbow says as each group walks by.

"Well, let's first check the library," says Twilight, walking in direction to the library followed by Rarity, the castle library was large, not as large as Canterlot or the crystal empire, but it was larger than the old Golden Oak library, it had one floor, but unlike Golden Oak this had three dedicated rooms each twice the size of the old house of Twilight, the first room was round, had several libraries dedicated to history and science, their volumes went from humanistic subjects like art and music to sciences like physics and chemistry, passing through computer science and medicine like many others, the room had two doors to the bottom, one on the right side and another on the left, the room on the left Was a round reading room, had multiple tables with wooden chairs surrounding them, there was an immense glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the center of the room, lighting with its light bulbs, on the other hand, the room on the right was different from the others, it was rectangular and had only one object inside in the center connected to a strange machine with a book in it, both mares advanced through the library checking anything out of the ordinary.

"Jum ... something serious is happening ..." says Twilight reviewing a library carefully.

"What is it, dear?" Did you find anything? "Rarity asks.

"It's not something I found, it's something that is missing, or rather, several things that are missing ..."

"It's just books, Twilight and it's a library open to the public, it's not uncommon for anyone to take a book" Rarity replies without giving much thought.

"The problem is that very advanced magic volumes have been taken, there are 3 volumes missing and they'r called "Handling of the internal magic" "Use of the external magic" and "Ways of creating advanced spells", those are a series of volumes very Peculiar to take ...

"Im sure it's nothing ..." Rarity says as the library door opens to reveal Starlight with a red book.

"So you found the problem?" Starlight asks, putting the book in its place.

"You see? I told you" Rarity responds to Twilight.

"Management of the internal magic? Why did you read that book?" Questions Twilight

"Why not read it? I like magic, I want to learn more about it, this is a library ..." respons Star

"Yes ... it makes sense, sorry, things of mine ... two volumes are still missing. Do you have them?"

"No, I just took this one"

"I see ... well ... I hope they get it back, I'd hate to ..."

"Twilight!" Screams a small purple dragon with green entering the library with a parchment. "Princess Celestia sent you this, the letter says important on the outside" Spike says giving it to Twilight, which indeed had a red ribbon that said "Important".

"Thanks Spike, I'll read it right now" she says, opening the letter and beginning to read it, as Twilight read the letter, his face became more and more serious until a point where she looked worried.

"What is it, Twilight?" Starlight asks.

"Apparently Princess Celestia needs me in canterlot, it's something related to a police investigation, does not give many details, but says that it is very important that i attend and assist them" says Twilight looking at it.

"Then let's get going" Starlight says to her with a slight smile.

"No, I need you to stay here checking the castle and taking care of it while I'm gone, Spike and I will go to Canterlot to see what happened, that the map points to the castle and then Celestia says that there is an emergency, they have to be connected, come on Spike , We have a train to take" says Twilight as Spike climbed on his back and they both left the library.

"Okay i guess, take care of yourself Twilight, we'll let the others know you'r gone" Rarity says to her with a slight smile.

"Well, now ... let's go on with the search ... What are we supposed to look for?" Star asks Rarity.

***
The city of Canterlot was large and it came to no suprise to anyone, being the central city
it should be big, located on a mountain, the way it was done was a feat of architecture, the beautiful streets of polished rock, the Metal lighthouses with beautiful details engraved in them, the picturesque houses, it was a sight with which one could be delighted, but without a doubt the most imposing of Canterlot was its immense castle, the same one was composed of several structures and towers of until 5 High floors, completely made of polished rock its foundations, with many marble ornaments and beautiful stained glass were a common thing in the castle, while Twilight walked the hallways of the place next to Spike she saw the stained glass of all the times she and her Friends saved the day, it was the time when they defeated Nughtmare, when Discord, Cadance and Shining repelling the changelings, herself becoming an alicorn, many stained glass windows each with their tales Before arriving at the throne room, Twilight could see that the last stained glass was no oft her or any of her five closets friends, it was Star, Discord, Trixie and Torax, when they defeated Chrysalis, Twilight gave a slight smile before To enter the throne room.

"Did you want to see me, Princess?" Twilight asks, entering the throne room next to Spike.

"That is true my dear Twilight, I see you brought Spike with you," Celestia says from her throne watching them both.

"I am Twilight's number one assistant, of course I was going to be here. What would become of her without me?" Spike asks smiling.

"I have to agree with you ...anyway, follow me" Celestia says, guiding Twilight through the hallways of the place. "As you know, things have been relatively quiet in Equestria for some time now, no one has appeared to attack our kingdom in anyway and no problem has arisen in the last weeks.

"Yes, it is ... a little weird, usually we do not last so long without someone trying to do something or the map sends me and my friends to investigate something, but today before coming here The map called us all ... but in our castle, which is weird ..." comments Twilight thoughtfully.

"Well, I'm afraid you're going to have to leave the map for a moment ... you see, something happened last night" Celestia says, leading Twilight to a room with a few scientists examining a unicorn lying in A stretcher connected to a hospital machine, he looked very pale"His name is white knife, he's a criminal, last night he was being chased by the guards and he escaped from them for a moment ... then they found him a few minutes later unconscious ... all his magic was drained - says Celestia in a serious tone to Twilight.

"Drained?" But that can only be done by Tirek ... Did he escape from the Tartarus again?!" asks Twilight worried.

"That is what I thought at first, so I personally went to check ... he is still there, when I mentioned what happened, he said he did not know anything about it, but he did say that 'Appearances are deceiving' "

"Then ... if it was not Tirek ... it means we are facing a pony that gained the ability to take away the magic from other ponies ... that is bad ... if it absorbs a lot of magic there will come a point where we can not stop it ..."

"Exactly, that's why we need to take actions right away, I need you Twilight to help find out who this pony is before it's too late ... you're going to have to leave the map aside for a while"

"Jum ... certainly this is more important than a friendship problem ... well princess, the girls and I will work on this, you can count on us" says Twilight smiling at Celestia.

"Excelent ... you can leave now, but first, take this" Celestia says, handing a folder to Twilight. "Inside that folder there is everything we know so far, obvious things like the pony has to be a unicorn and clearly advanced in Magic"

"Well thank you princess, I will take care of it immediately," Twilight says, walking out of the room.

"I should be the one giving the 'thank you' ... be careful and send greetings to your friends from me ... and Twilight ..."

"Yes princess?"

"We have to see one day when the future of Equestria is not hanging by a thread or because there is an event" says Celestia with a slight smile.

"Of course, Princess, I'll open a gap in Twilight's agenda to come visit her" Spike says with a slight smile.

"See you," Celestia said as Twilight closed the doors.

"A pony capable of taking away the magic of others ... reminds me a little of Star when I took off the cutie marks."

"You think it's Star?" Asked Spike

"No, I'm just saying that it reminds me a little of her, that's all, I don't think it's Star, it can't be her, she dosen't do those things anymore, anyway... let's go home, we have a lot to investigate," says Twilight, heading back to Ponyville with a goal in mind, to discover the pony that was stealing magic from others.