• Published 6th Jun 2017
  • 996 Views, 2 Comments

The Legend of Friendship - Diary of the Storm Wings - Danieru



Cyclone Wing, Hurricane Wing, and Tornado Wing lived a hard life when they were younger. However, as long as they were together and with their dreams in mind, they were determined to change that. They decided to create the Storm Wings.

  • ...
2
 2
 996

7. Visitor

Entry number seven


Some time has passed since my last entry...
After the...incident...

I don't know what else to write into this because the last time I did, I swore that I would get a solution for Tornado's missing wing.

But...

I sent out all member throughout Equestria. If there was a doctor out there or somepony with a spell then they were brought to the Storm Fortress as soon as possible. I thought maybe some spell could make his wing regrow or something. I have no idea how magic works but there had to be some spell...right?

But both of those options seemed to be in vain. No doctor could just regrow a missing wing and nopony knew about a spell about it either. I think deep down I knew that it was no use but I wanted to tell myself that there was something that I could do.

Despite his lost wing, Tornado Wing keeps staying strong in front of everypony. This makes me so proud of him. He also doesn't look sad or mad at me and Hurricane at all. Of course, he isn't. He would never blame us for that. And that is exactly what bothers me. I know he is at least sad because of the fact that he can't fly anymore and that he can't accompany us any more on our missions.

It doesn't get any better that some of our members treat him all differently because of his missing wing. Some of them try to ignore it, some of them treat him a little more like a foal who deserves some petting and others even look at him funny and can't even talk to him anymore. I think all those things bother him far more. Tornado realized that all the work for his wing was pointless so he even suggested stopping searching for a solution but I insisted on letting at least some ponies look further even if it was pointless.

Until now...

Somepony appeared a few days ago...
He was showing up out of nowhere and offered a solution.
However...
Something is bothering me...
He helped us and I should be glad about this but...
I really hope that my instincts are wrong on this but... I can't shake off this feeling that he is bad news for me, my brothers and the Storm Wings...


Cyclone Wing and Tornado Wing walked through the court in front of the Storm Fortress. There were considerably many missions going on today, leaving only a hoof-full of ponies. It was the perfect time for the two to spend some time together. With Tornado Wing staying inside of the fortress, there was not much to do when everypony was on a mission. That is why Cyclone Wing decides to stay there as well, to at least keep him some company.

“It sure is quiet today...” Tornado Wing said, noticing how empty the court was right now.

“Yeah...” Cyclone Wing only replied looking over the court as well.

He tried his best to not look at it too much but he couldn't help but stare at the remains of what was left of Tornado Wings right wing. There was a bandage around it for obvious reason and he clearly stood out with one of his wings missing on his back.

“Does it look that bad?” Tornado Wing asked out of the blue, making Cyclone Wing flinch after realizing that Tornado Wing noticed how he was staring at it.

“I'm sorry...I shouldn't have...” Cyclone quickly apologized.

“It's okay...” Tornado Wing assured with a somehow nervous grin.

After that, there was an awkward silence between those two until Breeze Flyer showed up. “Cyclone Wing,” She said as she walked towards the two. ”There is somepony who wants to see you!”

Cyclone Wing took this as an opportunity to get out of this situation and focused his attention towards that now. However, Tornado Wing was following him as well. They both followed Breeze Flyer to this visitor who was waiting near the gates of the court. When they arrived, they saw a Unicorn with a dark purple coat, a dark blue W-shaped mane with yellow stripes, dark blue eyes and a cloud of mist as a Cutie Mark.

As the three ponies walked up to him, the unicorn smiled confidently before he greeted them.

“Are you the leader of the Storm Wings?” The Unicorn said in a rather serious tone towards Cyclone Wing.

“Who are you? What do you want?” Cyclone Wing replied boldly.

Despite this rather unwelcome greeting from Cyclone Wing, the unicorn introduced himself as well.

“My name is Mystic. That is all you need to know. I don't like telling others much about myself,” he explained.

“Uh, huh...” Cyclone Wing replied. For some reason, this pony didn't look like as if he wanted to have a casual talk. He was making a very sly impression towards Cyclone Wing, making him not want to trust him at all.

“If you don't mind, I would like to talk with you in private...” Mystic said, raising Cyclone Wing's suspicion even further.

While still having a bad feeling about this pony, Cyclone Wing agreed and sent Tornado Wing and Breeze Flyer away while both Mystic and he took a little walk along the court.

“Was he the one?” Mystic guessed.

“The one?” Cyclone Wing asked.

“The one you're looking help for?”

It was then that Cyclone Wing realized that Mystic was referring to Tornado Wing and his wing. He must have come to the fortress to offer some kind of help.

“I heard the Storm Wings are looking for a spell or a doctor to cure your brothers wing...
I might know a solution for this problem,” Mystic then explained, confirming Cyclone Wing's thought.

For a brief moment, Cyclone Wing considered to agreed to that without an instant but after putting some thought into it, he began to doubt him.

“There were many ponies so far who didn't know what to do. There is no spell nor any other way to get his wing back. And you are telling me you know a way?”

“I said I might know one,” Mystic corrected. ”Isn't that enough? Don't you want your brother to fly again?”

Of course, there was nothing that he wouldn't do when it comes to helping his brothers in any way. But Cyclone Wing knew that Mystic was just saying that in order to provoke him. Sadly, it worked and Cyclone Wing took the offer.

“There is one condition, however...” Mystic added before he was sealing the deal.
“If I manage to make your brother be able to fly again, then you have to make me join the Storm Wings,”

Cyclone Wing didn't know if he could trust this guy but if there was just the slightest change to make Tornado Wing be able to fly again then there was no more to discuss. Cyclone Wing agreed to Mystic's offer. Mystic smiled confidently after Cyclone Wing accepted and assured that he would come back in a few days with his “solution”. Cyclone Wing had no choice but to wait. He didn't raise his hopes up too much and neither did Tornado Wing after he told him about it. But Mystic was making an overly confident impression to him.

All he could really do was to wait...


A few days later...


“May I introduce...this is Tinker,” Mystic said introducing the Earth Pony next to him to the three brothers inside of their room.

The Earth-Pony next to Mystic had a light brown coat, a dark brown mane, bright orange eyes and a light bulb as a Cutie Mark. He was also wearing some kind of necklace which was shaped like a hoof. For some reason, this pony made a really nervous impression, as if he was feeling uncomfortable being there.

“ Yeah, yeah, what are names? Where is the patient?” Tinker said nervously before he looked around the room.

“That's me, I guess...” Tornado Wing said quietly, getting the attention from Tinker who walked straight at him while inspecting Tornado Wing, ignoring any of the others in the room.

Much like Mystic, Cyclone Wing could not bring himself to fully trust this pony either. Tinker was not showing any concern and neither did he look like professional for whatever he was about to do with his little brother.

“You expect me to let this guy take care of my brother!?” Cyclone Wing said angrily at Mystic behind Tinker's face.

“I know, I know. He can be a little...complicated...” Mystic admitted. “But when I asked him if he could replace a Pegasus's wing and making him fly again, he quickly said that he could do it. And believe me, when he says he can, then he will,” Mystic replied confidently, not seeming to doubt Tinker's actions one bit.

Despite, all this praising from Mystic, Cyclone Wing was not really happy. It became even worse after he heard his brother groaning in pain after Tinker was casually playing with his ripped off wing remains while humming happily, apparently not giving a care about it.

Eventually, Cyclone Wing became angry by Tinker's behavior. He felt like this was some kind of sick joke by Mystic and snapped right at the earth-Pony.

“Hey!” He shouted at him but Tinker didn't stagger at all and just noticed that he was talked to.
“You think this is funny? I thought you were here to replace the wing so stop playing around and...”

“The wing?” Tinker interrupted. “Yeah...no biggie,” he casually replied while still examining it.

“What?!” Cyclone Wing asked out of pure shock, not by the words but rather by the way he said it.
“Wait...can you really replace the wing?” Tornado Wing asked despite him not trying to needlessly raise his hopes up.

“Of course, I can!” Tinker replied slightly offended. “It's just a wing after all...”

Tinker then grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it in almost lightning fast speed before giving it to Cyclone Wing.
“That's all I need,”

Cyclone Wing looked through the paper and analyzed some of the stuff that was needed.
He didn't know much about medicine but he was definitely sure that these things were not ordinary things that he asked for.

“Metal?
Screws?
What is this?
How do you want to replace his wing with that?” Cyclone Wing asked confused.

“ISN'T IT OBVIOUS!?” Tinker exclaimed all of the sudden. For some reason, this little outburst filled the whole room in silence until Mystic spoke up.

“I'll guarantee you that if Tinker says he can then he will. It just comes down to how much you want him to fly again,” Mystic said, once again taking advantage of Cyclone Wing's concerns about his brother.

However, it was not entirely up to Cyclone Wing. He turned towards his little brother and asked if he was ready to be taken care off. Tornado Wing seemed to have put much thought into it and replied: “Whatever it costs...Even if it is painful...I want to fly with you guys again...”

His two brothers could see the determination in those words and understood. It was his wing so it was up to him as well. There was nothing much to discuss it.

Everypony except Tornado Wing and Tinker left the room after all the stuff Tinker demanded was brought into the room. Cyclone Wing and Hurricane Wing both didn't feel comfortable letting their brother alone with this pony but they were also worried about Mystic who was with them. They just had to believe Mystic's words about Tinker being able to do it.

Inside of the room, almost all lights were dimmed, making Tornado Wing wonder how Tinker was able to work in this darkness. But the Earth-Pony wasn't bothered by it and brought some metal pieces towards the bed where Tornado Wing was laying inside.

“He he. This will be so much fun! I never worked on a pony before!” Tinker said in excitement before he turned towards Tornado Wing with a smile on his face. “Did I mention that this might hurt a little?” He casually mentioned as he began.


Some hours have passed since Tinker was starting. Cyclone Wing got worried more and more as time passed. Mystic on the other hoof didn't seem to be concerned at all and waited patiently while Cyclone Wing was keeping a close eye on him.

Eventually, hoof steps could be heard from inside the fortress, indicating that somepony was coming out. It must have been Tornado Wing so everypony focused their sight on the entrance of the fortress.

And indeed, Tornado Wing stepped out of the Fortress with Tinker next to him. Tornado Wing had an unsure expression on his face. His wings were not opened and still on his body, making it hard to see what happened to his right wing.

“Give it a try! Come on! I can't wait!” Tinker said in excitement waiting for Tornado Wing to spread his wings in order to fly above the ground.

After that, Tornado Wing took a deep breath and spread his wings. That is when everypony noticed what has been done to his right wing. It was a wing made out of steel. It looked exactly like his left one but there were metal and screws instead of feathers. It did look kinda impressive but the question was if it worked. His right wing actually moved along with his left one. It didn't look artificial at all but rather natural. Tornado Wing kept moving his wings until he was levitating over the ground a few meters, forming a smile on his face in the process.

Needless to say, everypony else but Mystic gasped in surprise after this presentation.

“I can fly again! I can fly again!” Tornado Wing said in his excitement.

His brothers had smiles on their faces as well and Breeze Flyer even let a tear slip by the sight of this. Nopony of them were sure how exactly it worked but this steel wing made Tornado Wing fly again and that is all that matters now. Mystic did not seem to enjoy it as much as the other and decided to leave now. But not before he told Cyclone Wing one last thing. “Don't forget your end of the bargain...” Mystic reminded as he walked past Cyclone Wing.

Cyclone Wing never imagined that he could join the Storm Wings since he never believed that Mystic would actually make his word true. But after seeing his brother flying again, he was in Mystic's debt and had no choice but to keep his promise, meaning that Mystic was now a permanent member of the Storm Wings.

But this raised the question...
Why did he want to join them this badly in the first place?


Mystic kept his promise.
Tornado Wing got a replacement for his wing and actually was able to fly again. I didn't believe that it could be possible anymore but now...

Tinker did tell us that flying could be a little harder than before, due to the weight of this new wing but Tornado didn't seem to bother about this. He was just happy that he could accompany us on our missions again.

Tinker left us again and I haven't heard anything about him since then but I was informed that he was living somewhere in Canterlot so that if something was wrong, he would take care of the wing again.

And then there was Mystic...
He is now a member of the Storm Wings. I can't really say that I am too happy about it. He still makes a very sly impression towards me. One upside is that I can keep my eyes on him while he is with us.

But I can't really explain it...

The moment I meet him, something told me that he was bad news. His timing was too perfect.
He could have demanded anything else but he chose to join the Storm Wings...
Why?
I can't even put it...

But there is one thing that I am certain of.

I don't trust him...

Author's Note:

And now Mystic finally made his appearance.
Now if you read “The Legend of Friendship” you already knew that he was showing up here.
So if you haven't, make sure to drop by this story as well.

I hope you liked this chapter and that you would leave a review on this story to let me know.
Every little opinion matters to me.

See you in the next chapter ^^.