• Published 29th May 2017
  • 368 Views, 32 Comments

Return to Wonderland - Hazel_Hester777



Lauren Faust returns to Wonderland

  • ...
 32
 368

Resentment

“Rise and shine, girls!” Lauren’s voice rang out, waking up the six mares.

Applepills and Rarifruit woke up with a yawn, happy to have gotten a good night’s of sleep in a long time. Brutalight, Fluttershout, Rainbine, and Pinkis groaned as they woke up. The four didn’t want to spend another day of time with a former Maker trying to get them to feel. If anything, it just annoyed them a lot.

“Come on, girls, we have a big day today!” Lauren called to all of them. Applepills and Rarifruit got up easily, though still trying to get their eyes to adjust to the bright light.

“5 more minutes please” Rainbine groaned, burying her face in her pillow.

“Oh, Rainbow, you always hated mornings”

“My name is Rainbine!”

“Don’t wake me up or I’ll eat you for breakfast” Pinkis groaned under her pillow.

Laurens sighed, but decided to let it be. “Okay, fine. You can get up later, though you’ll miss out on the breakfast I’ll prepare for you”

The four paid no attention. They knew it was just something that was supposed to make them eat like a Normal again. Probably just boring salad or oatmeal. Though, Lauren was right that Rainbine still managed to retain her hate for mornings. Then again, they were creatures that lived under the night. It had been a long time since they even saw the sun again. Since the day they turned, they were slaves to the moon, never wanting to awake at morning.

“Any plans, today, Brutalight?” Pinkis asked her Leader.

“We have to find a way out of here before she gets us like she did with pill addict and kleptomaniac” Rainbine growled.

“Where did she even find that hat in the first place?”

“We have to get out here, one way or another” Brutalight then felt at her horn. “I mean, they even put a Restriction Ring on me so I can’t use magic, and my wings are paralyzed”

Rainbine tried to debug with the code in the ring, but it was just static to her. “I can’t even find a way to remove its coding”

“Wait a minute, Fluttershout” the Alicorn then turned over to her friend.

“Hmm?” the mare rubbed her eyes before facing the Alicorn.

“Can you use your Ear Rape to bust us out of here?”

The beige mare sighed. “Cover your ears”

They all did. Granted, they did it with pillows to dull the scream hopefully. Fluttershout took a deep breath, inhaling as much air as possible. She then let it out in one big scream. It didn’t do anything as all it did was make a few books fall off the shelves. She kept on screaming, until she was out of breath.

To no luck, the walls or windows didn’t even break.

“Oh boy, it’s not working” Rainbine whined when she knocked on the glass.

“Sorry…” the beige mare panted.

“You tried your best, Shouty. It’s fine” Brutalight assured her. “We’ll just have to find some other way out”

Right then, a loud rumbling in the stomachs just interrupted them.

“Oh please no”

“Hey girls!” Lauren called out as she entered the room in her Alicorn form. They were about to complain and hide under a pillow when they all smelled food. That was when they noticed it: Lauren had brought in plates of their breakfast.

“I thought you guys would get hungry, but since you didn’t want to leave your room, I decided to bring breakfast in bed! Applepills and Rarifruit are downstairs, helping themselves to a few things I kept down for them to play with”

She then levitated their plates of food to their beds. They were surprised to see what it was. They were all pancakes, but they each had a different topping just for their liking. Pinkis’ had some slivers of meat. Rainbine’s had a few electronic chips. Fluttershout’s had a few bits of watermelon. And Brutalight’s had a few drops of cider.

“Hazel told me about it. Though, I had some help with Arctic and Thunder for the toppings” she explained.

All four Freaks just looked at one another. Pinkis and Fluttershout were restraining themselves as much as possible from the temptation of the treat before them. Finally, Brutalight sighed, nodding her head in defeat. She knew she had to escape, but they needed to eat. Each then began to eat from their plates. But Pinkis just ate hers all in one gulp, being well Pinkis. Fluttershout was savoring the flavors, but made it not so obvious. Brutalight just acted normal. Rainbine just looked at hers blankly.

Lauren got worried. Why wasn’t she eating? She approached the young cyborg with concern. “Rainbine, why aren’t you eating?”

“I’m a cyborg. I don’t think I can eat” she looked down.

“But, you’re still half-pony”

“Yeah so?”

Lauren sighed. “Does your heart still beat?”

Rainbine looked at her in confusion before feeling at her chest. Yes, she could feel her heart still beating. “Yes”

“Does your blood still flow?”

She took her own pulse. “Yes”

“Then who’s to say you don’t have any organs for the blood to flow to?”

Rainbine looked at her in surprise. That made a lot of sense. If her heart still beats, she would still have blood, and also organs for the blood to flow through. That meant she still had a stomach. Taking the fork on her plate, she cut off a piece big enough for a mouthful and ate it. She felt it as it went through her throat, and into her stomach.

She smiled at her former Maker. “Thanks. It’s been a long time I had felt like I was just Normal. I always thought that since I was a little robotic I wouldn’t need food anymore. Atleast now I know why I felt a little weak at times and my stomach sometimes ached”

“I’m glad to help”

Rainbine smiled before hugging her former Maker. “Thank you, for making me feel I’m normal again”

Lauren smiled as she hugged her old Creation. “It’s no problem, Rainbine”

Pinkis, Fluttershout, and Brutalight just glared at the cyborg. To them, she was now another traitor. Three down, three to go.