• Published 29th May 2017
  • 368 Views, 32 Comments

Return to Wonderland - Hazel_Hester777



Lauren Faust returns to Wonderland

  • ...
 32
 368

Explanations

How do you think she’s doing?

I told you we needed more flowers!

Shh, I think she’s waking up!

Lauren heard familiar voices before she finally woke up. She found herself looking up at a bright light. It was hard at first, but her eyes soon adjusted and she was able to see clearly. Lightbulb hung above her. She found herself lying on a soft bed. Looking around, she was in a room. She soon found that she was back in her Equestria Girl form, only now she also wore the pendant from earlier and her crown was on her head. Infront of her were some of her old friends, Twilight, Anastasia, Luna, and Nyx. They all looked really worried, but also excited at the same time.

“Grandmother Lauren, you’re back!” Anastasia smiled happily, hugging her arm. Lauren managed to sit herself up to return it and smiled.

“Finally, she’s returned!” Nyx bounced joyfully.

“Welcome back, Mother” Luna greeted.

“Right on time, too” Twilight looked at her pocketwatch.

Lauren smiled at all of them as Anastasia let go and went to the front with them. “It’s good to see you all too, and well”

“As to you too. You’ve barely changed a bit”

“You know very well, we won’t for long if we don’t do something” Twilight spoke up.

“Hang on, where’s Hazel?” Lauren asked when she realized the Bipolar child is nowhere in sight.

The others immediately changed their mood. They turned from excited and happy, to worried and uneasy. What was going on?

“Mother, there have been a few things going on since your last visit here” Twilight spoke up. “Some things have gone bad, and they need to be fixed. We tried to do them ourselves, but nothing seemed to be working”

“Why? What’s happened?”

They all went silent, each looking down scared and afraid.

Lauren sighed before getting up from the bed and walking to the door. “Fine, if you won’t tell me, then I’m sure a certain Partner-Familiar duo may be able to speak”

“Hazel’s gone mad” they all said at once.

Lauren stopped in her tracks. Hazel’s gone mad? What did that mean? She first met the child in an asylum, broken and depressed so it wouldn’t be that much of a difference. And even then, her Bipolar Disorder was even mild and not so serious. But still, did that mean they didn’t see it before? Or did something bad happen?

Twilight sighed. “We need to pay a visit to the asylum”

________________________________________

The orderly rang the buzzer on the door wall before opening the door. He then held the door and allowed Twilight and Lauren to go inside. “This way” he spoke, leading them to one of the cells. Lauren remembered these cells. These were the ones in the Asylum for those who were truly unstable. Why would Hazel go here?

Twilight accompanied Lauren down the hall nervously. Lauren noticed a look of fear and uncertainty in there. Finally, they reached the cell. They peered through the viewing glass and what she saw made her blood run cold.

Hazel was inside the cell, curled up in a ball. She was no longer in her black dress but rather, a white asylum gown. She looked sick and pale. The dark rings on her eyes were back. She looked thinner than usual, almost as though she were about to fall over.

That wasn’t like the Hazel she met. How could she have gone this mad? It’s been only week of absence for Lauren from Wonderland and yet bad things have already begun to occur. Just a while ago, Hazel was sane and even led Lauren to Wonderland, now she’s in a private cell wearing an asylum dress, and acting like someone with catatonia.

“How long has she been like this?” Lauren asked, concerned for her friend.

“A few days ago, somepony got in our Wonderland and then began to take several Bronies, Pegasisters, Familiars, OCs, and Canon Characters hostage. Among them was Hazel’s Familiar, Hester. She began to not feel like herself after that. She’s only sane for short periods of time now and then we have to put her in the cell to calm her down” Twilight explained.

“Right, I remember. When I first met them, Hazel was depressed because her mother took Hester. When I freed her and they reunited, she became well again and to her normal sane side”

“Still, the one holding her and the others is very powerful. Who knows what they want with them all. And we’re already having a hard time with just Hazel”

Lauren sighed. “Let me in”

“WHAT?!”

“I reached out to Hazel when she was in this state when we first met, and I could reach out to her again”

Twilight hesitated before sighing. “Fine, but be careful”

“Hazel Nut Vine” the orderly called to the child. “Visitor’s here. Don’t bite”

Lauren entered the room, her footsteps soft to try and not startle young Hazel. It all failed when the child heard her close and turned to her direction. Her hair fell from her face, almost covering her eyes completely.

Lauren gave her a warm smile. “Hey Hazel”

Instead of her usual hello or even her trademark grin, the girl just let out a banshee shriek before pouncing on Lauren. The older one tried to fight the child off, but she was pinned. Despite how Hazel was much younger and smaller than Lauren, she was able to keep her on the ground. The child gritted her teeth. The innocence in her eyes was just covered now by utter insanity.

“WHERE IS SHE?!” she yelled. “GIVE HER BACK!”

“Hazel, calm down! It’s me, Lauren!” she pleaded, trying to breathe as the child applied pressure onto her neck.

“GIVE HER BACK!”

Twilight then entered the room and pulled Hazel off Lauren with her magic. The child just flailed around in the air. She was shrieking and wouldn’t stop trying to get out of her magic bonds.

“Mother, try calming her down!” Twilight tried to hold the child in place.

“Hazel, please” Lauren approached the child, trying to put a hand to her face.

“PUT ME DOWN! GIVE HER BACK! GIVE HER BACK! GIVE HER BACK!” in her utter fear, Hazel accidentally hit Lauren in the face with her hand, leaving a huge, red mark. As soon as the child saw what she had done, she began to calm down. Her breathing smoothened. She looked to Lauren as though in fear. Her brown eyes returned to their normal form.

“Lauren?” her voice sounded sacred.

Despite the utter pain in her face from the slap, she nodded and gave a warm smile. “There she is”

Twilight slowly put the Pegasister down. She walked slowly to Lauren. When she was within range, she felt at her face, as though for reassurance. Lauren just allowed it.

“Lauren?”

Without anymore waiting, she pulled herself into a hug with the older one. It was returned. The girl just broke down in tears when she realized what she did.

“Lauren…I’m sorry…” she choked out.

“It’s okay, Hazel” she assured, caressing her hair.

“I’m…sorry…”

“It’s okay”

________________________________________

Hazel held a small teacup in her shaky hands. She was still in her asylum gown. Her black dress was beside her, but she didn’t feel like putting it on right now. Since she snapped back to her sane self, she was brought out of her cell for the moment. She now sat at a table with Lauren, Twilight, and Anastasia. The Pegasus joined in a while back and brought tea to calm everyone’s nerves down. They couldn’t bring Nyx because a trip to the asylum would be very traumatic for her.

Still, Hazel was still shaken from how she just hit her friend. She was never that into violence; she was a Hider, not a Biter, for Celestia’s sake! She couldn’t believe she had just hit a friend. She wasn’t even looking like her well self, she looked sick. Her skin was pale and her eyes seemed tired. Taking a shaky breath, she took a sip from the cup.

“Look, Hazel, it’s alright. I know you weren’t yourself and you didn’t mean it” Lauren assured the Pegasister.

“But, Lauren, I hit you” Hazel spoke, still afraid.

Lauren put a hand on the scared girl’s cheek. “Hazel, its fine. I know that wasn’t you. You’d never hurt me on purpose. All you’d do is just vanish and reappear to scare me a bit”

Hazel seemed to calm down.

“Now, come on. Where’s your grin?” Lauren teased, putting two hands on the girl’s face, making her look like she was smiling. She then let go, and the girl herself was grinning on her own. “There’s our Hazel”

The Pegasister giggled a bit. “Thanks, Lauren”

“Don’t mention it. Now tell me, what’s happened? And where’s Hester?”

Hazel’s grin vanished from her face again as she looked down, sadly. She looked at the reflection in the tea. A huge part of her was missing.

Lauren lifted her face up. “Come on, you can tell us”

Twilight and Anastasia nodded.

Hazel sighed. “We were out for a walk. It was just a nice walk and talk thing. But then, something just went and caught us. There were three of them. They also attacked on the other Bronies and Pegasisters around us. The next thing we all knew, they began to take some hostage. Among them was my Hester. I tried to get them away, but they put me away. And now…” she stopped herself right there. Her eyes grew a bit red and watery.

Lauren, Twilight, and Anastasia just watched as the girl tried to hide her tears. Lauren just went over and pulled the girl in for a hug. Hazel just burst out crying in there. The pain was too much for her to handle. She vented it out and cried in Lauren’s embrace. The woman herself just held her, and stroked her hair gently to soothe her.

“Where my Hester?” Hazel spoke between the sobs. “Have you…seen her?”

“Shh, there, there, it will be okay” Lauren cooed.

“I…need…Hester…”

“Don’t you worry. We’ll find Hester”

Twilight and Anastasia gave Lauren a glance as Hazel just sobbed into Lauren’s chest. That was easier said than done. Still, Hazel was just broken. And they knew she had short times to be sane before going nutty again. She didn’t even want to put on her favorite black dress anymore. She was even too sick to go out. And there were several other Bronies, Pegasisters, Familiars, and OCs that were also suffering the same fate.
Whatever kidnapped them was probably heartless enough to not care what would happen to the ones connected to them. One thing was sure: they had to go find them and rescue their friends before everything falls down in Wonderland.

________________________________________

I…need…Hester…

Hazel’s voice rang in Hester’s head. She groaned slightly as she woke up. Even if they were apart, they could still feel each other through the connection of Partner and Familiar. Despite being weak, she could still feel her.

Hester’s eyes swam into focus as she looked around. She felt her paws unable to move. She looked to her sides to see that she was chained up. Upon further looking, she saw several others who were in the same situation. They were all chained to the wall. There were Bronies, Pegasisters, Familiars, OCs, and even Canon Characters. They all looked weakened.

Her ears twitched when they heard something. Turning her head to the source, she was able to see who it was.

“Digi Reset” she muttered under her breath.

“Oh, hello dearies, I see you’re all awake” the mare spoke.

“Why?” Starlight Glimmer spoke weakly.

“Why, because, my dear Starlight. I have noticed that almost all of you have been underappreciated in your debuts. Time for you all to have a spot in the in the basking light”

“I’d rather go to the asylum!” Hester had no fear.

Digi Reset then turned over to the Familiar. “Oh hush now, Hide. Besides, I have a very important role for you, little Hidebrit”

Hester paused from that. How did she know? Nonetheless, she lunged and tried to bite the mare.

“Oh feisty. I like that” Digi smirked as she dodged the bite.

Hester growled as she sent a mental message to her Partner.

Be careful, Hazy.