• Published 30th May 2017
  • 602 Views, 20 Comments

The Scholar Mare and the Stories of Souls - Mr BHunt



A certain purple mare appears in a dark and cold place, there she finds many a soul with a story.

  • ...
3
 20
 602

The Sunlight Warrior

Twilight appeared in a burst of flames and smacked into a stone wall, making her yelp in surprise and then pain. But the sounds of footsteps made the unicorn twist around and stare in fear at the nearby hallway, in which a shadow was growing larger. Suddenly a large yellow face appeared, its hair erupting outwars all around. Then Twilight looked up, staring at her was a bucket with a feather.

"Oh my, hello there." A calm but jolly voice said from the bucket, the man turned slightly and revealed his body. The yellow face was actually painted on his shield and on his green tunic was another sun-like face, this man likes the sun. The rest of his body was covered in chainmail and a pair of iron greaves and bracelets. The calm man knelt down in front of Twilight, taking in her frightened eyes.

"Do not be afraid, little one." The gentle man said and stood back up, then he bowed. "I am Solaire of Astora, a Warrior of Sunlight and seeker of the Sun!" The man known as Solaire says in a jolly tone.

"I am Twilight Sparkle of Equestria, student of Princess Celestia!" Twilight replied in a slightly cheerful tone, the man chuckled and nodded.

"So, Twilight Sparkle of Equestria, what brings you here? To this... To be honest I have no clue where here is, I was trying to find the Sun when I suddenly collapsed. When I awoke I was blessed with the sight of the Sun!" Solaire said excitedly and made a pose in the shape of a Y, Twilight giggled at the strange pose.

"Well, I was doing my first teleportation spell, but..." Twilight looked crestfallen. "I ended up here, without any knowledge of where here is."

"Ah, sounds unfortunately like my story. I can't say that this place is the best, I was attacked by a few hollows, poor fellows, then I encountered a massive knight with a halberd." The gentle man sighed. "It was hard but I emerged victorious, but now... I have no quest, I have found the Sun and..." Solaire rubbed the back of his bucket helm. "I am lost, not in the literal sense, I just do not have a purpose now. I don't suppose... you'd have something in mind?" Twilight blinked, then smiled to the man.

"Find a friend, Solaire, a good friend." Twilight suddenly found herself in a tight embrace from the Sunlight Warrior.

"Oh, but dear Twilight, I already have." Solaire let go of Twilight and stood up, then he pulled something from his pocket. "You should have this, a Soapstone. It will allow you to summon phantoms to assist you if you are in a bit of a pickle, oh!" The man laughed loudly and Twilight took the stone as it fell from the laughing man's hands, suddenly her vision erupted with fire. Solaire looked down to his new friend, only to find a pile of embers.

"Oh, I guess I'll find another friend, for Twilight!" Solaire cheered and knelt down and scribbled something on the floor with an orange stone, it glowed and Solaire disappeared.


Tales of the Sunlight Warrior spread as a man who appeared in the most dangerous places, assisted those in need. After the man has helped those who needed it, he would leave a medal on the ground and say a few words.

"A medal, for a friend of the Sun!"

Author's Note:

Some of these little stories will be shorter so I can work on another important story, but they'll still come to keep your hunger for my stories at bay. Also due to Dark Souls time being a total drunk, Solaire was dragged to Lothric Castle. Also the stories of many of these characters will be short unless written otherwise, just be aware of that. :twilightsmile: