• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 707 Views, 9 Comments

Pushing The Line - Prince Aeon



Sequel of the fanfic http://www.fimfiction.net/story/32832/The-line-between-hope-and-time.

  • ...
1
 9
 707

Chapter 4: Crossing the life

Emma
I didn't turned back, I went straight to my house and landed in the living room.
"Princess, you've made it!"
"Indeed SilverShield, but I must leave again, what did you found about the other Alicorns?"
"We listened to you Princess, We went to the library and we didn't found much."
Sharpe's eyes were starring at the void.
"All we found was something about a cursed fire pony, living in the Red mountain."
"That could be Flare, Thank you guys!"
They replied at the same time.
"Anything to serve you... my Princess."

Red mountain was known to be a flaming hill. Many ponies that explored it never came back, legends says that the fire pony burned them. I flew around the mountain to finally find the entrance of a cave. Signs and barriers were asking ponies to go away, that this place was dangerous. I stepped inside the black corridor, I walked for about ten minutes, trning right and left, always going up, I didn't try to fly, I could've hit a wall. Suddenly, a light came out of the tunnel, an orange light, it was starting to get hotter and hotter. The heat started to be insupportable, Flames were coming out of the walls and from fissures in the ground. The passage finally ended up in a flaming dome. Fire was everywhere, surprisingly, it wasn't burning my skin, nor my mane. There was a bridge going to a platform in the middle of the dome. Over the round platform was a floating transparent orange ball. With a sleeping alicorn in it... Flare. She suddenly opened her eyes.

She was white, with red eyes. Her mane and her tail was pure fire.
"I am amazed, somepony finally got able to join me here..."
Even with the sound of the cracking fire, her voice sounded clear and loud.
"For two thousand years, all the ponies that entered had to face the challenge and you are the only one that passed it without even realising it. You see... The flames here are not natural one that everypony know, this is called the Fire of Purity. Only those who have a pure heart cannot be burned by them. That's in fact why Celestia never caught me here."
She had a small laught. I stayed quiet.
"Oh my... you are an alicorn? I never saw you before. What's your name my dear?"
The ball dissapeared and she slowly landed on the platform.
"My... My name is Emma."
"Well, then «Emma», what brings you in the lost cave of the Red Mountain?""
"I came here for you Flare"
"How do you know my name? Do you work for Celestia? Did you came here to fight me?"
"No! Not at all, I need you help, it's about the Prince Aeon."
She stayed silent for a moment.
"That's... a name... that I didn't heard for about two thousand years, but tell me Emma, how do you know the old fella?"
"He's the one who made me an Alicorn, protecting me from my power, we are married together."
"So Aeon finally chose his mare. So in fact, you have all of my trust Emma, but... what's Aeon's need?"
"After making me an Alicorn, Paradoxus attacked the church. To stop his nemesis, Aeon used alot of energy. After the death of the dark Prince, Celestia appeared and accused Aeon of changing me into an Alicorn without her permission."
"I know, The old witch is hard on this part."
"Using his weakness, he took my place at the banishment in the void."
"Oh my... How sad..."
"But he still appeared to me, since a part of his soul is in myself because he transmitted me a part of his power to transform me. He teached me my powers during a year in my dreams. After feeling ready, I decided to bring him back, I found in Celestia's private archives your existence with three other alicorns that Celestia betrayed. She found out and sent after me her sister and the elements of harmony. In his temple, Aeon used the part of his soul that was in my head to animate his three personalities Noon, Eclipse and Midnight. As they fought the chasers. I came here to ask you help to convince Celestia to release Aeon."
She remained silent.
"Aeon... was like a dad to me... he is the one who raised me as a foal, he taught me everything I know. He is the one who also made me an alicorn, but not with the soul thing. I was an unicorn as a foal. I used to burn everything I saw, I accidently killed my parents this way... My... My house was burning, he came out of the flames and collected me..."

3 000 years ago

Flare
It's been a hundred years that I am an alicorn and I still look like a 10 years old foal. Aeon told me that I needed to grow at the normal alicorn way so a part of his soul would not be in me. I was on my way to see Aeon. I opened the door and he was looking outside, on the balcony. He knew I was there, he didn't even turned around.
"What can I do for you Flare?"
"I was wondering, since Tide is my Alicorn sister, because each time an Alicorn is born, it's opposite is born too, if I die, does that means that my opposite dies too?"
He looked down.
"Yes, indeed, that's what's hard. It happens that Brothers or Sisters Alicorns tolerate or hate themselves. Like you and Tide, you are friends, but Draft and Nucleus are enemies. What's hard is that they know that they can't kill the other one or they will die too."
"I'm happy me and my sis like each other."
Luna entered the room.
"Flare, can you leave the room please, me and Aeon need to talk."
I went outside. The door closed. I turned around and saw Princess Celestia in front of me.
"Flare. Follow me."
Aeon told me to not trust Celestia, but what could happen... We arrived in the main hall where I saw Tide knocked on the ground.
"TIDE!!"
I ran towards her, I shook her to try to wake her up. She opened her eyes.
"Flare... it... it's a trap..."
I turned around to run when Celestia's magic stopped me. I couldn't move.
"You know, these last years, I noticed that you were becoming stronger and stronger. I want to avoid you to lose control on your power and let you become dangerous."
"So what are you going to do?"
"It's simple, I am going to remove your Alicorn power."
I opposed totaly of the idea.
"NO!" I screamed "It's going to kill my sister"
Tide didn't understand that point.
"What?"
"Sacrificed have to be made for the security of our land."
Celestia's horn started to glow and she approached her head of ours. As she were going to touch my forehead. The door rammed open and Aeon was there.
"I WILL NOT LET YOU DESTROY MY PUPILS"
Celestia let out a sight.
"My sister and her big mouth..."
Aeon's magic hit Celestia and threw her on the wall. She tried to do the same but Aeon used his horn to send back the spell to it's caster. Now the wall cracked. Aeon used this instant to break the containment spell, setting me and my sister free.
"Flare, Tide, this is where our road are separating. I want you to go hide somewhere in Equestria, anywhere that celestia can't reach you. I will avoid her to follow you. I hope to see you again one day, good luck."
Me and my sister used the transportation spell to fly away. We decided that it was going to be harder for Celestia to find us if we would be separated. So we went each other in our own way. I went to the red mountain, hoping that the legend of the Fire of Purety was true. That could maybe contain Celestia.
I was right.