• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 708 Views, 9 Comments

Pushing The Line - Prince Aeon



Sequel of the fanfic http://www.fimfiction.net/story/32832/The-line-between-hope-and-time.

  • ...
1
 9
 708

Chapter 3: The hard life

And I choose to survive, Whatever it takes, You won’t pull ahead, I’ll keep up the pace, And I’ll reveal my strength, To the whole human pony race, Yes I am prepared, To stay alive, I won’t forgive, the vengeance is mine, And I won’t give in, Because I choose to thrive
Muse-Survival

Emma
Eclipse, Noon and Midnight were looking straight toward the entrance in a defense position. Eclipse turns his head in my direction.
"Emma, Go see your guards, now..."
I shook my head and turned around.
"...wait..."
I looked in the entrance where they were looking at. Luna was standing there.
"You know you got yourself in some big trouble Emma, our sister was hysterical."
Eclipse looked at me with a stare that showed that he got this.
"Luna, you know you can't stop what's going to happen... because you trust Aeon and you know, deeply that you want him back."
"What are you talking about, I will stop you with my life if I would need to."
"Is it Luna that is talking or Celestia's boot-licker?"
The princess of the Night became angry and she yelled at Eclipse with her royal voice.
"HOW DARE YOU INSULT US AND OUR SISTER!!"
I was frightened but the brothers didn't even wavered.
"I am sure that it's hard for the Elements of harmony to stay silent, especially the laughter one..."
How did he?
"...we are Aeon, we are not to be taken easily."
Noon speaked for the second time since I've met him.
"Come over here... all six of you, anyway I don't think there is any other way possible. Because I am hesitating if some of you are cowards."
Rainbow Dash was the first to react she came flying in the frame of the hall as the anger grew inside her.
"What did you just called us?"
I told Noon.
"What are you doing? This is not the way to solve problems!"
He looked at me, relaxed.
"Bait..."
Defeated the 5 other mares showed themselves, with the elements jems around their neck, but Twilight had this crown thingy. Eclipse reacted.
"Oh my, you did really bring the jems. How honorable, but unfortunately useless."
Twilight responded.
"What do you mean «useless»"
"Ah yes, Twilight, the student of Celestia. You see, we here are the spirit of Aeon, Prince of Time, and without time, there is nothing. Not even harmony, Time is the base of harmony, of everything. Time is harmony, the elements won't stop the return of Aeon."

There was a silence, a long silence. Everypony was staring at the opposite team. AppleJack, the element of honesty broke the ice:
"Well if we ain't able to stop ya with the elements, we'll need to do it physically."
Midnight laughed with a small grin. He looked at his unicorn brother.
"Well that's an «honest» proposition."
Eclipse looked at his brother, kinda dissapointed.
"Okay, then if we all agree..."
Rainbow Dash replied:
"Bring it on"
"...let's go outside, we wouldn't like to destroy this temple that is itself... history."

We walked around ten minutes away from the temple in the forest. There was a waterfall.
"Let's clear this zone a little."
Eclipse's horn started to glow. The trees around us started to move, taking the shape of a big circle zone. He whispered:
"Emma, go to your guards. We will hold them."
"Wha..."
"Now!"
I jumped and cast the transportation spell and I dashed toward ponyville. I heard Luna.
"Oh no you don't!"
She started to flew in my direction... I was reaching the edge of the tree circle when I turned around, she was going to catch me when something stopped her.
I plunge in the dark night.

Eclipse
Emma got away, and Luna got stopped by my zone spell, she came back, defeated.
"So, let me be clear, each race fight each other, no killing, you fight until the adversary is knocked out or if he/she give up."
Luna replied:
"How about me?"
I thought...
"Well I count like an Alicorn too..."
My brothers were upset
"Hey we are as much an alicorn as you Eclipse."
Noon approved. I replied.
"Well, I will see how Luna improved for the last two thousand years, And I am sure that FlutterShy won't fight because of her kindness and Rarity won't either because she don't want to damage her appearance. I am not sure for Pinkie Pie tho..."
I looked at the mare and she was roaring at Noon that was completely ignoring her.
"Perfect... then let's begin..."

Midnight
Wow, I am going to fight the fastest living mare in Equestria, I wonder how she is going to attack... Well, she seems agressive enought. Is she going to attack? She seems to have a big trust in herself... She is the one who made the legendary sonic rainboom. Long time I didn't saw that trick. Well, this silence is boring.
"So are we going to fight or what?"
Not even a second passed that she yelled.
"YES!"
She took off in my direction like a lightning. Hum... did she aimed for me? As she was going to hit me I jumped in the airs and I spread my wing and started to keep my position in the airs, I did jumped a little bit to high... about fifteen meters before deploying my wings. Dash looked at me, impressed.
"How the hell did you saw me coming?"
"You are indeed the fastest pony of the decade, but I am the fastest of the millenium."
She looked a little bit scared, but she suddenly popped.
"I don't trust you, I bet that this was just luck."
"Oh really?"
She flew in my direction at the same speed of the first assault. I followed her movement, we were going in the same direction, she was going as fast as she could hooves in front of her, and I was a half meter in front of her, flying backwards.
"So, you are the pony who can perform a sonic rainboom?"
"Bet ya I can, you can do it too?"
I think that she was scared of the answer.
"No, not exactly indeed."
"Perfect"
Without warning she stopped, I tried to stay with her so I imitated the move but as I was immobile, she took off again ramming me in my ribs, stunning me for a moment, I watched around and couldn't saw her, then I realised something.
"Oh crap..."
I didn't even had the time to move that something rammed me. We were around 200 meters in the airs and diving, well... fast enought.
"Oh hello there... you really suprised me on that one"
"I am not finished silly."
I thought for a moment.
"Oh yeah... that" I looked down. I saw the groung comming faster.
At the moment of the impact on the solid ground, she got able to break the wall of sound, causing a sonic raiboom as we hit the horizontal wall. The Sonic Rainboom caused a colorful explosion that shook the whole forest. The blow caused a crater in the ground she was standing on me then she walked away.
"That was way too easy, better luck next time..."
She heard me moving and stood back up like if nothing happened.
"How the hell can you be unharmed?"
"That's called «impact preparation», in fact, I am not «unharmed» but my body was ready for the impact so I am less hurt than I should."
She was still catching her breath from the technique.
"I can see this used a lot of energy. Give up and I won't push you harder."
"I will never give up! May I remember you that I am the element of Loyalty, I will not let my friends fall."
She flew away. To get some speed I guessed.
"Well, if we want to bring Aeon back, I am sorry but I have no choice."
"Do whatever you want! From this distance, I will see you coming! Whatever you do!"
"Then stay concentrated and try to avoid this..."
I swung my wings and suddenly dissapeared from her vision, she was about 300 meters away from me. She blinked, hoping to see me again.
"I am starting to see that you didn't stayed concentrated."
She turned around and saw me 300 meters in the opposite direction.
"What do you mean? You missed me!"
"Oh did I?"
"Yeah, look I am unharmed!"
"That was a..."
"Not a scratch on me!"
"... you know what? I am just going to enjoy the view and see the magic happen."
She froze when she heard a cracking sound.

Noon
I was standing in front of these two earth ponies. The honesty was serious and The laughter was acting like a lion. What the hell is going to be this fight?
"Ya better surrender now if ya don't wanna be beatin' up ba' us"
"Impossible, I never gave up, I want to keep it this way, the question is more applicable for you."
I smiled.
"Are you ready!" Get set! GO!"
The pink mare jumped in my direction.
"Pinkie! WAIT!"
I replied.
"Too late..."
I jumped to my left and avoided the party animal. I landed on my back hooves. I saw a hoof coming towards my face.
"Oh you little..."*WHAM*
I bumped in the airs, she just had the time to sneak under me and crush my back with her back hooves. I fell on the ground. Pinkie sounded happy.
"Yaaaay we got him."
I grinned.
"Oh I can take far more than that."
I kicked AppleJack's legs, making her falling on the ground. Then I bounced in the direction of the pink mare, The orange pony followed my lead. Pinkie turned around and didn't had the time to saw me coming. I grabbed her hooves and flipped, throwing her in the farm mare's direction. They both screamed as they rammed each other. It looked painful...
"A'm sorry Pinkie"
"Na, It's oki, I barely felt that."
"What? But ya' hit me like a bull."
"Come on, let's get him."
"Al' right partner."
Pinkie and AJ both ran in my direction. I jumped over them, Pinie saw my move and jumped under me and hit my belly with her head. The impact was hard, she felt like a boulder thrown in my direction a fast as a diving hawk. I let a gasp out of my mouth.
"Hey! Sugarcube!"
I turned around and saw the orange mare over me.
"How did you..."
They squished me, the pain was big, but not long, I fast took back control of the situation, as we were still in the airs I threw them both at the ground. They opened their eyes as I dashed in their direction I put all my force in my legs, at the second that I was going to hit them I said:
"I'm sorry"
I kicked in the air over them, I strangely bouced over them and landed on the ground on my four hooves.
"What are you sorry about?"
Pinkie had this face with a question mark in her eyes.
"I needed to win this fight, I had no choice"
"What in tarnation do ya mean?"
"You'll see fast enough."
They both looked up as a cracking sound was heard.

Eclipse

Luna and Twilight were starring at me.
"I won't be impolite and I will let you open the waltz."
"With pleasure!"
All our horns started to glow, Twilight moved her head and a light ball came out of it, I jumped in the airs and I looked at the ball hitting a rock, causing it to break into dust. Wow, not bad, but I got better. I swung my head toward the ground and a big wind blew awy the mares, they hardly hit the ground about ten meters away. Luna, angry let out of her horn three dark purple flows that immediately in the ground. Why did they when in the ground?... THE GROUND!!
I jumped back as the three pillars came out of the dirt, they were spiky.
"I said no killing Luna, definitely, you'll never change, you'll never listen."
"Take this back!"
"Hum... no."
"AAAAARG!! Twilight! DO IT!"
"But Celestia told me to use this against a mortal threat!"
What are those two talking about?
"I don't care what Celestia said, DO IT!"
"I am sorry mister."
"That depends of what spell she's talking about."
Both threw a ball at me, a white on and a dark purple one. They were small but I could sense a big amount of energy coming out of it. Suddenly, both balls exploded and from the white ball cam a giant white dragon shape and from the purple one came the shape of a giant wolf, both diving in my direction.
"HOW IN EQUESTRIA DID YOU LEARN THAT!!!"
I had to protect my brother, the explosion would kill us all, and could even kill the other elements. The animals hit me and a white glow came out. When the light fade out, nothing happened. Luna could not believe what was going on.
"Whe... Where's the explosion?"
I catched my breath, my spell used a big energy.
"I... sent it... in another dimension..."
Both were astonished of what they just heard.
"You... almost... killed us all with that spell, I will make sure you won't do it again"
"What are you going to do? Kill us?"
The Princess of the moon told that like if it was a joke.
"No, because I respect rules."
My horn created a flexible blue glowing blade I swung it over them, then on the sides, in front of them, then behind. The blade dissapeared. Twilight seemed scared.
"Princess, I can't move."
Luna ignored her, she told me.
"Ooooooh, you wouldn't dare."
"I am sorry."
We heard a big cracking sound.

Midnight and Noon joined me, I looked in Rainbow Dash's direction, she was unconscious on the ground, with FlutterShy trying to wake her up. Then I looked at the earth ponies, both were in a crater, also unconscious. Twilight also saw them.
"What have you done!"
Noon and Midnight turned around and said at the same time:
"We won."
The cracking sound became louder as Twilight and Luna saw the air around them fissuring. A deep black crack surrounded them. Suddenly, the cracking sound stopped. They both looked at me
"Boom."
There was an explosion, without fire. We could only see a shock wave. The mares got crushed in the middle of it, surrounded by cracks that dissapeared. Under the pressure, they both fainted.
"Brothers, let's continue our journey, Noon, bring Luna with you."
"With pleasure Eclipse."
The trees slowly went back to their places.
"To Canterlot, Let's open the way for Emma and her... friends..."