• Published 21st May 2017
  • 534 Views, 13 Comments

MLP a Final Fantasy Story - Pony paladin



A group of misfits learn of an ancient danger and most save their world

  • ...
2
 13
 534

Prologue

On a field, a great battle was being fought.
Warriors, mages and others were facing an army of shadowy creatures. Many bodies of the fallen were laying lifeless on the ground.
The smell of blood, smoke, fire and burned flesh could be smelled through out the battle field.

In the sky, above the fighting, stood a man in dark armor, could be seen watching the battle raging on. One of the man's hands glowed with dark lightning as he attacked the fighters on the battle field.

The man's face was covered by a helmet, but an evil smile was able to get through. The man was the evil shadow king, King Sombra.
"Hmph, how foolish of these creatures." Sombra said, he then waving his hand and forcing several black crystals to appear out of the ground, sending several soldiers away. Sombra smiled as he heard the screams of the wounded men and women on the battlefield.


On a hill, far behind the battle, an old Sorcerer with a wooden staff in his hand, he stood and watched the battle raging on, sensing the fear and death from it.

Behind him, stood six inviduals, each wearing a robe that covered their bodies and with either a weapon or a staff on them, they each held a gray lifeless crystal in one of their hands.

The old Sorcerer turned around towards the six with a heavy look in his eyes. "Are you all sure you will go through with this?" He asked and began to walk back and forth of the six. "If we do this, your spirits will never be able to find peace, they will be bound to the crystals and this earthly plain." As he talked, the six looked at each other and nodded.

"Master Star Swirl, we know the risk, but what other choice do we have?" A women softly said as she tighten the grip on her crystal.
"Aquarius is right!" A man said and took a spear from his back, he then placed the head of the spear into the ground. "If I don't do this, my little girl will not be able to grow up safely, I am doing this for her sake!" The other four nodded as they stood ready and drew their weapons.

As the six stared at him, hide the old man his face behind his hat and turned his back to them. A small tear could be seen falling from Star swirl's eye.

"Before we begin..." Star Swirl said sadly as his staff began to light up, "I want you six to know.... that you are the greatest students I have ever had, and that I could not be more proud of you... nor will I ever be as proud of any future students of mine."

As Star Swirl's staff shined brighter, a book appeared in front of him, the six behind Star Swirl became shocked by the book.
"Master! Are you really going to use a spell from the 'Grimoire of the Ancients'?" A women next to Aquarius asked. Star Swirl turned his head towards her and smiled.

"Yes my dear." Star Swirl said before looking at the Grimoire again, "it is the only way, just like how you are willing to accept the consequences of this spell, so am I ready to pay the price of it."

"But Master! You'll lose your sanity!" A man with a bow and quiver said. Star Swirl laughed at the man's worries. "If that is all I risk losing, then I have nothing to worry about... I lost my sanity the day I became a sage."

The six looked worried at Star Swirl as a large magic circle appeared in front of them all, blocking their view of the battle. The sounds of the battle in front of them, soon got blocked out from the crackeling of magical seal in front of them. "Now!" Star Swirl said, "get the crystals ready!"

The six quickly held out their crystals as they each were changing color. The crystal that Aquarius held, slowly turned an aquamarine blue color, while water droplets seemed to gather around her.

The crystal that the man with the spear held, changed into an emerald green color, while the wind seemed to pick up, but only around him. A women, wielding a staff, who was standing closes to Star Swirl, saw her crystal gain a maroon red color, all the while she could the air around her getting warmer as small flames were appearing around her crystal.

A women who had a bell around one of her wrist, looked at her crystal as it gained an orange glow and the ground around her became fruitfully, she looked in awe at the different plants growing around her feet.

A women with six books strapped to her side saw her crystal turn a golden yellow. The crystal began to shine as strong as the sun on a summer day.

Behind them all, a man with a dark blade, saw his crystal gain a deep purplish color, while all the light around it seemed to vanish around him.

"Now my students! It is time to fight! Defeat Sombra and bring peace to our world!" Star swirl told them. The six nodded and ran towards the battlefield, with crystals in hand and a feeling of power flowing inside of them.


On the battlefield, Sombra had just scorched some soldiers with black flames. Sombra had a bored look on his face. "Are there no one who can challenge me?" He asked before rising into the air and extending his arms, his hands were crackling with power. "If no one have the power to challenge me, I'll give you two options. Join my empire as slaves or die by my hands, it is your choice."

All the soldiers looked at each other before looking at Sombra, the sound of weapons hitting the ground was heard. A smile appeared on Sombra's face as everyone dropped their weapons and bowed to him.

As Sombra lowered himself to the ground, he sensed movements coming towards him. "What is this? Are there some brave fools wanting to challenge me?"

Suddenly, Sombra was surrounded by the six people from the hill.

"Sombra! We have come to end your reign of terror!" The man with the spear and emerald green crystal said. Sombra simply chuckled with a sinister smile on his face, he watched them before rising both of his hands filled with dark energy. "And I thought I wouldn't be entertained."

Then, Sombra sent a strong wave against the six, but it was stopped by a magical force. "What!? What is this? Tell me! Who are you six!?" Sombra demanded, the six simply smiled.

"We are the warriors of light! And this is the end of you!" They all said before a strong light engulfed Sombra along with themself.


A women was using a piece of chalk to write on a chalkboard, while at the same time, she was reading from a large book.

"And thus, with the help from the great Sage of all types of magic, Star Swirl the Bearded." The women said before turning around to a classroom filled with young children. "The legendary warriors of light was able to banish both the Umbra and their evil King Sombra, to the land of forgotten shadows, never to be seen again."

The women closed her book and turned towards the children. "Any questions?" She asked the class. A girl with long sapphire blue hair with a violet and rose streak in it and wearing a robe raised her hand. "Yes Twilight, you have a question?"

"What happened to the warriors after Sombra was defeated?" Twilight asked. The teacher smiled at the question. "That is an excellent question Twilight." The teacher said.

She then turned back to the chalkboard and pulled down a large map showing three continents on it. "We aren't completely sure what happened to the wielder of darkness, and many are still looking for the location, in which the wielder of light hid the light crystal, but the other remaining crystals location are known throughout the world."

The teacher then made four circles on the map, inside each circle was a picture indicating a city. "Once Sombra was defeated and peace had been established, the four remaining warriors each went out on their own." The teacher then wrote water, earth, fire and air above one of each of the four cities.

Once she had finished, she turned towards the class again. "Each wielder helped advance their hometowns and created the four big cities that exist." She said before pointing at the city with the word 'air' above it.

"The air and earth weilders travel to the town of dale, were the air weilder was reunited with his beloved daughter, shortly after, it is said that they both entered the center of the city and used the earth and wind crystal, to create the floating continent now known as clouds dale and to this day, the floating island is kept floating by the power of the wind crystal."

All the students looked on in awe, while Twilight scribble down notes in her notebook.

"Then the earth wielder went off, to use the earth crystal to create the enchanted caves, where magical gem stones can be found." The teacher was about to continue when the sound of a hen was heard. "Oh, looks like that is enough for today, I'll see you all tomorrow for magic lessons."

All of the students gathered their things and left... except for Twilight, the teacher saw her and was confused. "Is something wrong Twilight?" The teacher asked, but Twilight shakes her head.

"No, but could you finish telling me about the crystals?" Twilight asked. The teacher smile and walked over to a bookcase. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that." She told Twilight who got a sad look, "but I can give you the title on a book where you can read about it... just don't let Princess Celestia learn about it... I'm not really allowed to teach you too much about it yet."

She then found a book and wrote it's title down and gave Twilight, who then ran out of the door while saying thank you.


Later the same night. Twilight was sitting in her bed with a candle next to her, she was currently reading a very thick book. The title of the book was. 'Facts and fables about the warriors of light.'

A knocking could be heard on the door. "Come in." Twilight said and the head of an older women with a smile on her face poked in. "It's time to bed sweetie." The women said. "Just one more chapter mom, I just got to the fire crystal."

With a bright smile on her face, the women enter the room, she gently takes the book from Twilight and place it on a nightstand. "Twilight, we talked about this, when I say it's bed time, then you have to go to bed."

"Yes mom." Twilight said and slowly got under her blanket. "That's my girl." She then kissed Twilight on the forehead and blew out the candle. "Goodnight and sleep tight Sweetie."

"Goodnight mom." Twilight's mom then left and Twilight closed her eyes, not knowing of the dangers she would one day face.

Author's Note:

Well, there goes the Prologue and I hoped you liked the music I choose (which will be a big part of the story), and I hope you all will stick with me on this journey that the mane six will be going on.