• Published 11th May 2017
  • 685 Views, 18 Comments

Elements of Heroism Interlude: First Dates - Bahamut0



Night Terror Has been defeated, and Burst and the gang have some free time. What better way than for the guys who have girls to have their first dates?

  • ...
6
 18
 685

Date 3: My Treasure

It had started as just another day for Inferno. He woke up, got cleaned up and dressed, and ate breakfast. What wasn't routine that morning was Rarity wrapping her arms around him and nuzzling him. But then again, he'd done a lot for her. Get her dresses the coverage they needed, saved her and the rest of the girls from Night Terror, and slugged that punk Blueblood for treating her so bad at the gala. "I guess this is your way of repaying my kindness?", Inferno asked with a grin.

Rarity giggled. "Maaybe~!", she sang before letting go. "I really can't justify my thanks with words darling."

"Well...I kinda want to pay you back too...", Inferno said with a light blush.

"Really? What for Inferno?"

"You...were my first kiss....", Inferno said sheepishly. "I'll never forget that moment."

Rarity blushed. "Do...you think I was a bit too lively back there?"

Inferno shook his head. "Trust me. Half the girls I tried dating while I used to perform were so dead inside. You? I was hoping for a woman like you to come my way." Inferno stretched his wings a little. "But as they say. A dragon's got to find his treasure. It doesn't come to him." Rarity smiled lovingly as she walked up to Inferno. "And a girl like you is a real gem. Inner and outer beauty in a single package is incredible rare. I guess that's why your name suits you so well."

Rarity fanned herself. "About as well as yours fits you.", Rarity said with a smile. "You have passion that matches your namesake."

Inferno chuckled. "Thanks. Well, on to how I'd like to repay you. I'd be honored if you'd go out with me to dinner tonight. My treat."

"I accept your invitation darling.", Rarity said with a smile before kissing Inferno. "But first? We've got a work day to finish." Rarity giggled as she swore she could've seen sparks of flame going off in Inferno's eyes as he got to work. You more than live up to your potential as a boyfriend darling., Rarity thought with a loving smile as she got to work filling out orders. Before either knew it, the end of their work day had come.

"I hope you don't mind, but we're not going anywhere special.", Inferno announced. "I may have plenty of bits, but I'm saving them up for a rainy day."

Rarity smiled. "Don't worry darling! What makes a moment special is how much a couple enjoys their date." Inferno breathed a sigh of relief and grabbed his wallet and holding the door open for Rarity. "So well mannered for a dragon."

Inferno chuckled. "I gotta make sure my treasure is well taken care of, right?"

"How sweet of you.", Rarity said with a giggle. The two headed out the door, and headed to the restaurant Inferno had picked out. As soon as they were inside, they grabbed a seat and ordered. "You know...it's odd."

Inferno tilted his head in confusion. "What's odd?"

Rarity giggled. "I've been looking for my prince charming ever since I was a young girl. I guess I've always been the romantic type waiting for the right man to sweep me off my feet. I always pictured who I wanted to be with. A handsome, princely gentleman who'd treat my like royalty." Rarity then frowned remembering Blueblood. "But then again, it would seem that not all princes are that charming." Rarity then looked to Inferno and smiled. "I should have been looking for the type of person that I needed in my life." Rarity then put one of her hands over Inferno's! Causing his wings to flare out and his face to blush! "Tell me darling. Did you only jump in at that moment? Or where you trailing me the whole night?"

Inferno gulped! "I...I was following you the whole night. I saw how badly you were being treated. I've had a bad experience with that brat of a prince too. My band was performing one night in Canterlot, and that snob was in the private box. He insulted my playing, my vocals, and my music. But that wasn't what made me mad. What got me so angry at the punk was that he insulted all of the audience." Inferno sighed. "So when you were going on about how enchanted you were by him...it took a lot in me not to ramble on about how much of a jerk he was. But it wasn't my place to judge who you had interest in or who to love. All the same, I couldn't even stand the mental image of someone like you ever being remotely close to a jerk like Blueblood." Inferno sighed. "So...I just decided to keep an eye on you. If I couldn't have you, then I could at the very least have your happiness on my conscience." Inferno looked to Rarity and saw her tearing up. "Hey there...no need for that." Inferno put a hand on Rarity's cheek. "Things worked out in the end, right?"

Rarity smiled as she closed her eyes and nodded. "I suppose if anyone would know about treasuring something, it would be a handsome dragon like yourself." Rarity opened her eyes and brought Inferno's close to hers. "There's no one I'd rather belong to."

"And there's nobody I'd rather have.", Inferno said with a loving smile. He then closed the distance between them with a kiss. One that Rarity happily returned before breaking away for air. "I don't think I'll need to worry about dessert later. That kiss was the sweetest thing I've ever tasted." The food soon arrived. "I guess all this romantic talk's got my heart full but my stomach empty!", Inferno joked before digging into his pasta. Rarity giggled as she ate her own meal. The two walked out with smiles as the stars began to come out. "Hope this wasn't too common a date for you Rarity."

Rarity smiled lovingly at Inferno. "I had a wonderful time Inferno." Rarity then cupped Inferno's face. "I can't wait for when we can do this again." Rarity had a flirty smile on her face. "Call me your treasure once more. It makes me feel nice in my heart."

Inferno leaned in. "My treasure." The two then shared a kiss in the moonlight before returning home. "Hope you enjoyed that good night kiss.", Inferno said with a smile.

"I'll be dreaming about it.", Rarity said as she went to her own room and fell asleep. Dreaming about Inferno holding her tight all the while. As for Inferno, he simply dreamed of Rarity as he fell asleep. Both having content smiles as they dreamed.