• Published 1st Jun 2017
  • 456 Views, 0 Comments

A Place Called Here. - Arc Angel



Our favorite Little Ponies (and Dragon) find themselves in a strange place. A place that makes Discord look tame by comparison. Will they get home? Hell if I know.

  • ...
 0
 456

So begins the march for Mordor.

Spike was in pain. The only experience Spike could compare it to was when M . . . . . . Princess Celestia had sent back all the letters that they had written her at that time, consecutively. The stomach of a Dragon was not a weak thing. Still, this was not a situation even a fully grown Dragon could deal with comfortably.

Suffice to say, Spike in his current state, threw up.

As he looked upon the former contents of his stomach, in his fuzzy minded state, the jewel incrusted vomit almost looked pretty. This lasted for a bit. Spike thought he heard someone calling his name, but it didn't register. So when Applejack put her hoof on his shoulder, he jumped just a bit.

He turned to look at his Friend, and found her sending him a reassuring smile. This allowed him to relax, if only a little.

Smiling back he took a moment to look around. It seemed they were in another unfamiliar location. This time a cave made of purple shimmering stone, with a waterfall of black, viscous fluid, that flowed into a equally viscous lake.

Looking in the other direction, he could see there was a declining slope that lead to a tunnel, at which stood the entrance of a very much alive Trixie.

Spike was relieved to see her alive. They had become odd Friends in the short amount of time her and Starlight had become so close.

Getting up, he groaned at all his aches and pains. Moving forward towards the tunnel, he stopped when he realized he was still wearing Applejack's hat. So he moved towards her and placed it back upon her head. She smiled at him and they continued to their third companion at a sedate pace.

They soon regrouped, and after a scolding from Trixie about keeping her waiting, they discussed their next move, and concluded that they needed to find some other sepient being and figure out where they were.

Not wasting any more time, they headed into the tunnel. Spike lead the way, having the best eyesight in the dark and sending out a burst of flame every two minutes to let his companions see as well. Soon they disappeared into the dark of the tunnel.

Unbeknownst to our group a single slitted blue eye was watching them from over the black pool, and slowly sank back beneath the surface.

MLP:FIM

Twilight Sparkle was currently using her Magic to ring out her mane. Starlight was beginning to do the same.

Rainbow Dash being less feminine, and without obvious magic, simply shook herself, which in turn got her Friends more wet. Because of this they stopped and gave her a dirty look.

This got the rainbow Pony's attention and she rubbed the back of her head in response. Trying to change the subject to something that didn't have them glaring at her, Rainbow brought up a important question.

"What do we do now? This sure dosen't look like Equestria."

Having finally finished drying herself, Twilight answered.

"Thats because this isn't Equetsria. In fact I don't think we're even on the same plane of existence anymore!"

This got both of her Friend's attention. Rainbow looked confused, not necessarily a strange expression for her, and scared, a bit more rare. Starlight on the other hoof looked like she was just a step away from having a stroke. As such she was the one to question her teacher.

"Twilight, what do you mean, plane of existence?"

The Princess didn't hesitate to go in to a sort of lecture, bight sized.

"I mean just that. This isn't Equestria! This Isn't Our Planet!THIS ISN'T EVEN OUR UNIVERSE!" Stopping to catch her breathe, her eyes widened when she realized she had really scared her Friends now. Taking one last large breathe she calmed herself and continued. "Sorry. I simply mean, those things I just said. I'm not sure why, but we're far from Ponyville, probably stuck in some kind of pocket dimension. I don't know how we are gonna get back. Heck, I don't even know how we got here in the first place." At the conclusion she let her head down in mild defeat.

The only Pegasus present decided at this moment to say something, well,stupid. "Well duh. We got here cause your teleportation spell backfired, big time!" From Starlight this received a vicious glare.

Twilight responded by looking up directly at Rainbow. She quickly opened her mouth, and then closed it again. She took a few seconds before she finally gave her response.

"Thats not it Rainbow Dash. If anything the spell worked to well. I don't know exactly what happened but the spell received an immense amount of magic energy out of no where. For the life of me I can't quite figure out what went wrong. Regardsless, we should begin to move. We need to find civilization quick so lets not waste time."

Without looking to see if the two were following she walked ahead within the strange stone structure they had arrived in. It was sort of a manufactured canal made of a slick, ugly yellow rock.

Starlight was the first to follow, Rainbow waiting a second before doing the same. Soon things had slipped into a semi-comfortable silence, as apposed to the somewhat awkward silence it had started as. Things went on like this for quite some time

Rainbow had been attempting to subtly observe her Alicorn Friend, her head switching from looking forward to looking at Twilight slightly below her for several minutes at this point. Finally, she worked up the confidence to say what she needed to say.

"Twilight, Twilight I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that like this is your fault. I just kinda let my mouth say what it needed to without thinking."

Without looking the Princess replied with "Apology accepted Rainbow Dash. I know you didn't mean anything by it." With this she turned and smiled up at her Friend. Starlight likewise smiled, happy to see the situation resolved.

With all this happening relatively quickly none of them saw the wisp of black and white smoke that was following them. The wisp had been, and would continue to do so for some time, though it moved a bit higher into the sky so as to ensure it wouldn't be seen.

MLP:FIM

Little had happened since Spike's group had entered the tunnel. They had been walking for who knows how long, continuously making turns and twisting with the subsequent changes in their direction as directed by the team Dragon. This stopped however when they, well, stopped. This was because Spike made it so.

"Stop!"

Of course, Applejack replied with. "No reason to shout Spike. We're right behind you. Well, I am anyway. Considering how quiet she's been Trixie very well could have been lost." The magician knew she was being made fun of and corrected the former's statement.

"Trixie is still right behind you just as she has been. Now why have we stopped? Trixie is not sure she can build up the same momentum as before now that she has stopped."

This statement was met with a roll of the eyes from Applejack and complete indifference from Spike.

"I stopped because I smelled gas."

Trixie snorted at this.

"Is that all? We stopped because Applejack let one rip!?"

Applejack did not take kindly to this verbal mark against her. "Now hold on just one gosh-dang Apple-bowlin minute! Who said I was the one who let out a gas attack?!" While Trixie opened up her maw to reply Spike just mouthed the words"Apple-bowlin?" in a questioning manner.

"Well I know that I didn't do it and Spike stopped us specifically because he smelt the fart and so it couldn't have been him. And who calls a fart a gas attack?"

"Me and mine do! And why does Spikes smelling it excuse him. Isn't the saying he who smelt it it dealt?!"Applejack said this with particularly nasty look on her face, not that anyone could see it.

Trixie looked ready to really lay into the Earth-pony."YES! But if Spike was the cheese cutter why would he make us aware of it Huh? Besides,everypony knows that eating lots of apples will make you fart! There's even a nursery rhyme about it!"At this point veins were visible in both Ponies necks, or they would be if it weren't so dark.

"That poemsabout BEANS! What!? Is your head as empty as a bee hive after a hungry bear comes out of hibernation!"

Before this could escalate further Spike intervened by getting between them and placing a claw out in front of each of their faces, though again this was kind of pointless.

"Alright! Knock it off! Seriously, we are lost in a tunnel, don't know where we are in the world, and our Friends are missing! And you two are arguing about who might haveFARTED!?What is wrong with you two?" At this point the Dragon took a second to catch his breathe before he continued.

"For the record I wasn't talking about that king of gas. I meant Gas as in the type thatExplodes!I stopped because I thought it would be a good idea to come up with our next move. And Trixie." The blue Mare turned to where she thought the voice was coming from. "Applejack is right, that rhyme is about beans! Not Apples." This resulted in a surprised face on said mare.

"Oh! Really? I guess I owe that Minotaur a apology."

Because of this Aj was giving her a rather, interesting look and followed it up by mumbling "You owe somebody an apology, thats for sure." though this went unnoticed by both of her companions.

Trixie, now understanding the reason for their delay came up with a solution.

"Well if you can't lead the way anymore Spike, then I will. I am after all a Unicorn who can use magic to light our way."

Spike did not respond well to this "Trixie! Wait, thats not such a good ide . . .."

Spike did not get to finish his sentence, because Trixie's horn lit up. The reason he tried to stop this, and could not finish his sentence, was because as Unicorns create light with their magic, they also create hot plasma, andwell.. .

There was an immediate blinding flash of light. Spike in this moment, thought he would loose two of his Friends because he had failed to properly explain something.

Of course, this isn't exactly what happened.

And in the last second Spike realized this and, realizing what was actually happening, prepared for it.

Instead of a fiery explosion sending them to oblivion, they were instead, to put it simply, Flash Frozen (please excuse the pun).

Somehow the"gas"hadn't combusted, but froze each of them in their own personal block of ice.

They were facing each other, mostly, with Applejack looking surprised, Trixie looking terrified, and Spike looking annoyed, borderline pissed. A few things about their situation was notable.

One, the ice somehow made it so they could now see their surroundings clearly through it despite there still not being any visible light.

Two, the magic at the tip of Trixie's horn seemed to be frozen with her.

And Three, Spike seemed to be making a rude gesture with his claws, one only possible for those who had multiple phalanges at the end of a wrist joint.

MLP:FIM

Twilight, Starlight, and Rainbow had escaped what had appeared to be a sapient made flood canal some time ago. They had then proceed to walk what appeared to be several miles through a particularly large meadow. Now, after several hours of long hard walking, or flying in Rainbow's case, they were standing in font a tree line. The three largest trees they were standing before had intricately carved pictographs in the wood. Having become bored, they were debating the shape of one carving in particular.

"I think its a flute!" This was the Princess of Friendship.

Starlight followed up with "Its too far on the mouth to be a flute. Clearly its a banana!"

Rainbow, who had been quiet up till this point blurted out "You're both wrong! It obviously aP3^*S!" At the last word to come out of her mouth Starlight looked at her surprised and blushing. Twilight on the other hoof was wide eyed and looked as though she was ready to murder her long time Friend. This being the case she let her have it.

"Rainbow windagale Hothoof Dash! What is wrong with you?! this is hardly the place for thatsort of conversation!"She finished by say this through gritted teeth.

"What!? That's what it is. I'm telling you! You act like I asked what you guys do duringestrus!"

At this point Starlight looked about ready to explode, her face as red as a strawberry, while Twilight seemed to be preparing her wings, if only subconsciously, to fly up and eviscerate her Friend.

"That's not the point! This is serious. We need to take our situation seriously so that we can survive and get to where we need to go! Besides, if it was aP3^*S!why is it surrounded by musical notes?!"

"Take what seriously?! We've been standing in one spot examining a tree covered in pictures!"

This seemed to finally get a blush out of the Princess.

"Thats not the point! If we just say whatever we want whenever we want we run the risk of offending . . . . . . . Whats that sound?"

As if to answer her question, from over the three large trees came what appeared to be a wagon. Said wagon was being pulled by what appeared to be eight large stags, and flames seemed to be coming from the the back.

It didn't take long for this odd combination to hit the ground. With this the ground shook. Once things settled they got a better look at the strange vehicle. It was less a wagon than originally assumed and more a sled, though it did have a large wagon wheel on either side to the back directly behind the metal blades that identified it as a snow based vehicle. The whole thing was a dark brown color, and at the back were a series of exhaust pipes that schemed to disappear under the strange mode of transportation. The most odd part of it was the strange fins to each side, almost like wings.

More startling for the the three than the surprising appearance (literal and figurative) of the mad vehicle was it's occupant. He seemed to be a oldMAN,as in, a human being. The only one to immediately recognize this was Twilight. Outside his being human, the old guy seemed to be tall. In fact despite sitting at the reigns, clearly had he been standing he would have been nearly 7 ft tall. He also had a curly white beard, the same hair adorning his head. On his face was a pair of black goggles with yellow lenses. Adorning his body was a bright red jacket/coat, the shoulders and elbows covered in black leather, a similar piece of leather holding it closed. It was lined with gold trim and and snowy white animal fur of some sort. He seemed to be a bit on the stout side and clenched between his teeth was a old white clay pipe.

"Ho boys! That was a bit much! Perhaps we should try for a softer landing next time." This was he, who just now noticed his audience. "Well look at this boys! We've got company! Hello there my little ponies!"

It took a second for them to realize he was addressing them, and another for any of them to reply. Interestingly it was Starlight who stepped forward.

"Hello, sir. You might find this rude but um, what are you?"

This got a laugh out of him, which almost sounded like bells.

"Not at all! I'm human!"

At this Starlight nodded, a reassured look on her face, which switched quickly to a slightly confused one.

"Thats what I thought?" For some reason it came out as a question.

"Although when you've lived as long as I have I hear you start to become something else!"

Starlight just looked more confused now. Deciding to give her student a break Twilight stepped forward to talk to the odd happy man.

"Excuse me, but you don't seem surprised by us. Why is That?"

"Well you certainly aren't the first Equestrian Ponies I've met! As a matter a fact I'm good Friends with Princess Celestia! I was quite happy to hear that Luna had returned to her self!"

This surprised all three of them and Twilight only verbal reply was "Oh." and so there was quiet for a moment. The old man soon broke it.

"Well you three seem to be a bit lost! If you need a ride I'd be more than happy to provide it to you!"

This too surprised the Ponies, but Rainbow Dash was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, pardon the pun.

"Wow! Thanks! We've been crossing this meadow and and we're pretty tired."

"Well then get in!"

His happy booming voice was what startled the two shocked mares into moving again. While either of them might have protested, they couldn't think of a reason to.

Once they got closer to the sled they realized it to was pretty big. It was 5ft high and appeared to be equally wide. It was an impressive 7 ft long. As she approached Twilight noticed a maroon colored ribbon at the back which was covered in round golden bells.

Soon they all were packed into the sleigh. Once this was the case case the man asked them if they were ready, but they didn't know for what so he just laughed and turned to face the front.

"Well boys, we've got guests now! Thats means we have to be extra carful! Jeff that means you!" The stag who responded put his head down sadly.

The man beat the reins and the Reindeer began to run. Soon, it was apparent that said running was resulting in the sleigh becoming airborne.

"Wow! This is Awesome!"

All three mares were looking over the edge of the sled. While that had all flew in one manner or another, what they were experiencing now was little different.

"Ho ho! Quite magnificent isn't it! Its different than flying under ones own power. Here you don't have to worry about being tired! You just get to relax and enjoy the ride!" At this one of the leading stags, the one who wasn't Jeff, made a noise that made him sound perturbed. "Oh, excuse me. What I meant was we don't have to worry about getting tired."

Twilight finally let her curiosity bubble to the surface and she began to ask questions.

"I don't understand. Who are you? How do your Reindeer fly? Where are we going?"

"Ho ho ho! Aren't you a curious one! Lets begin with introductions shall we? I am Nicolas, but my Friends call me Nick! Please feel free to do so! And I all ready know who you are! Twilight Sparkle! Rainbow Dash! and Starlight Glimmer! And before you ask, lets just add how I know your names to the already long list of questions. K?"

Twilight blinked, and she wasn't alone as the other two mares had also had their attention grabbed.

"Ok sir. I mean, Nick!"

"Good! Now, what would you like to know first?"

They looked at each other for a second, but it was Starlight who spoke first.

"Um, how exactly do you know who we are?"

"Ah, yes. That often is the one everyone wants answered to first. Well you see I'm a delivery man of sorts. Part of mt job description is keeping an eye on everyone so that I know what to deliver to who."

Twilight rubbed her chin with a hoof, thinking on something before asking "And the reason you know about us is because you've been watching us is to see what to give us?"

"In a way, though I've never delivered a gift to anyone directly in Equestria except celestial and Luna. And in watching you all so much I find myself becoming a bit of a Brony. On the regular however I give away what Ponies are looking for to give to their loved ones around Hearth's Warming Eve!"

Twilight was rubbing her chin again and and said "I see." and seemed to have lost her self in thought. This problem was fixed when Rainbow screamed out the next question.

"What about the Reindeer?! How do they fly!?"

"Ah yes! I've had them pull my Sleigh for quite some time. But to be honest I'm not too sure on how they can fly. You see, I got them from a magical island I discovered early in my career. A Friend of mine, Jas, named them Never-Deer Reindeer! He had quite a sense of humor about it! He proposed that a sort of magical dust had begun to seep into the soil of the plants they ate, which they seemed to eat exclusively!"

Rainbow soaked up every word, as though the knowledge of how others came to fly made her happier than anything else.

The third question was asked by Starlight.

"Where are you taking us?'

"Somewhere where you can begin your journey home proper! Unfortunately I can't carry you all the way there as I am quite busy, and it would take too long to gather the others. But I will transport you as far as I can! Ah! Just in time, I have to drop off a package here quick!"

They soon touched down in a clearing, much more gently this time. Some time during the conversation they had complete changed environments. While before there had been a large meadow and trees, they now found themselves in a odd place. The ground appeared to be made of obsidian, and from the obsidian appeared to be growing giant pineapples made of shimmering crystal.

Nick got out of the sleigh and plunged his hands into the back which seemed to consist of a giant bowl like structure. From within he pulled out a wooden crate, about 10 ft by 10 ft, yet it had somehow fit in the back of the sleigh, which certainly wasn't that big.

Nick placed the crate on the ground. It was here that the crate was marked with the wordsFOR: Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy.This surprised the three, not expecting see something meant for their Friends.

"Hey! What's the idea?! Why are you leaving a package for our Friends in the middle of nowhere?!"

This was Rainbow Dash.

"They will be passing through here at some time in the future. They will be needing what's in that crate!"

"But, why not just wait for them here? I mean, if there going to be passing through!?" This was Twilight.

"As I said, I simply don't have the time. And they will be needing the things inside of that crate when the time comes! But if you are to get home I must drop you off where I intended."

This seemed to mostly satisfy the Ponies with the exception of Rainbow. Nick got back into the sleigh and they got moving again. Soon the Ponies fell asleep, exhausted after everything they had been through so far.

Nick was looking over them and soon began to speak to his Reindeer.

"They are in great danger."

This got a response from one of the stags.

"Yes I know Dasher, but they really don't know what they're getting into. Honestly who invented this stupid rule in the first place."

Dasher once again gave his thoughts.

"I hope your right. I'm just getting the strangest sense that theres something we don't know. But you are right about one thing, I must have Faith that they can get through this. Still, it will be a difficult journey."

Soon it began to get dark despite here not being any sort of source for the light.

The sleigh flew on until it was nothing but a twinkling light in the distance.

MLP:FIM

Rarity thought they were lucky to be alive. Though all three of them were vomiting at the moment. Strangely the puke still tasted like chocolate, though it was also still painful. While her Friends had finished emptying their stomachs Fluttershy observed their current location.

The sky was a purple reminiscent of Spike's scales while the ground was black and sort of chalky. They had ended up on a beach of sorts, not too surprising when considering they had dropped into a river, though the liquid had changed from an odd watery yet rich chocolate to a bubbly burning pink mass of thick acidic bubblegum flavored death, or at least that was what Pink Pie had called it. She insisted on not making further contact with it for fear that it would harm them. While they had no real evidence, they trusted Pinkie enough not to question it. Especially when the bubbles popped and from them appeared to wisp a sickly green steam.

Rarity after the ordeal of letting out everything she had eaten in the last few days, somehow, put her self back together, managing to look fabulous despite everything, mostly. Pinkie did something as well after the vomit fest, and while she was cleaner, her hair had somehow ended up crazier and curlier than usual, reminiscent of her childhood self. Soon the three gathered together to convene on their next move.

"Well its clear we're not in Equestria anymore. And while I can't say for certain where we ended up, I will say that our first priority should be to locate the others. Agreed?"

This was Rarity taking charge. Pinkie and Fluttershy nodded in agreement. The party pony was the next to speak.

"I agree with Rarity 100%, but we should probably find food too. After all, we did just regurgitate our entire stomach contents after all!"

Fluttershy, who probably didn't spend nearly enough time with Pinkie looked a little surprised, but completely accepted it, because it was Pinkie. Rarity, who knew her party oriented Friend quite a bite better (You have to to be able to do a spot on Pinkie impression after all) wasn't nearly as surprised. She mostly looked impressed, but she knew that when things were serious Pinkie could pull the most practical of suggestion out of thin air. It was one of her most admirable qualities.

"Brilliant suggestion Pinkie Pie! You are absolutely correct and we shall have to gather rations at the soonest possibility." This caused the pink Pony to smile in a even wider happier fashion. Rarity then turned to Fluttershy. "Now Fluttershy, could you please fly. Specifically high as to ascertain our next path."

Fluttershy nodded and then spoke her agreement.

"O . . ok."

The yellow Pegasus then ascended and surveyed the area. Looking over the beach, she could see a slope the that went up through the cliff that surrounded the beach. It was just around the bend to the south, at least, she thought it was the south. She moved towards the ground again and informed her Friends.

"Um, theres a slope that way beyond the bend."

"Excellent work Darling! Well let us not waist any more time and lets go!"

Rarity lead the way, Pinkie close behind. and Fluttershy going at a sedate, almost nervous pace.

It was quiet for about a minute when it was broken by of all Ponies, Fluttershy.

"Do, do you guys think the others are going to be okay?"

She squeaked a bit when Pinkie burst out in, well, praise.

"Are you kidding! They'll be fine! I mean, even if they're not all together our Friends consist of a bona fideCow-pony!theFastest flyerin Equestria! AFreakily strong Unicornwho can remove a Ponies Cutie-mark! A real lifeAlicorn Princess!ANDA DRAGON!"

And then it was quiet, and then it wasn't again.

"OH! And Trixie! So . . . . They should be Ffiiinnnee!"

Despite everything said Fluttershy just look petrified, though that could just be cause Pinkie scared her. Not here specifically, just in general. Seeing this Rarity set about putting her at ease. This was just as they reached the slope.

"They're fine Darling. Pinkie was perhaps a bit overly enthusiastic in her praise."

"NO I wasn't!"

"But she is quite right, our Friends are some of the best Equestria has to offer. They're fine, and we don't have to worry about them. We need only to concentrate on our own safety for now."

This got a small timid smile out of the shy Pony. Meanwhile Pinkie had begun to hum a catchy little ditty. They were about hath way up the slope.

"Ooh! What if we encounter a Giant Crab Monster! Or have to jump into a giant Toilet! Or, or, come to face to face with illusions of our greatest fears/future love interests!"

While Fluttershy looked a little worried at the possibility, Rarity just giggled daintily.

"To quote our Dear Friend Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie, you are so random!"

This got a laugh out of all three.

"Yeah! I sure am aren't I!"

They then devolved into a comfortable silence. All seemed, calm.

Just as they were about to reach the top of the slope, Pinkie's tail twitched. Being in a bit too good a mood to seriously consider the possible danger at the moment, she looked to the sky in a rather casual manner. This was a mistake. This became apparent to pinkie Pie as her eyes widened immensely, a sheer look of surprised terror, and maybe betrayal, appeared on her her face. That being the case all she could get out was a rather loud . . . .

"TWITCHY TAIL!"

On pure reflex the other two looked into the air, and that was when something hit Rarity right in the face and nocked her unconscious. Fluttershy screamed as a result.

It was at this moment that Pinkie Pie knew,she had Bucked up.

The offending item was, as it turned out, a rhubarb pie, ironically. This was clear to Pinkie's expert eye, just as it was obvious to both her and Fluttershy that the sky was filled with even more pies headed right for them, and pretty much everywhere else.

Seeing that Rarity was unconscious and Fluttershy was basically catatonic, again, Pinkie grabbed both her Friends once again and ran for the tree line about 150 feet away. She did this somehow while carrying them under either of her front legs and running upright on her back hooves.

Before we leave these little Ponies Pinkie has these words to say.

"THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID WE NEEDED TO FIND FOOD!"

MLP:FIM

It had taken allnight?But Nick had gotten them where he said they needed to go. It seemed to be at the edge of a town, a town that oddly resembled Starlight's old village to an extent. Of course, even from a distance there was a clear difference. It was populated by what appeared to be,Humans!

The girls were standing in front of the sleigh, prepared to say goodby to their new found Friend. Before they could however he spoke up.

"Well it seems we must part ways! But before we do, I have gifts for you three!" He then reached into the back and pulled out 6 items.

Rainbow Dash was excited at the news.

"Gifts?!"

Twilight gave her a scolding look she was completely oblivious to, though even Starlight looked excited.

"Ho! Yes, things to help you on your journey!"

First to Twilight he gave a piece of rolled up parchment and a bow & arrow set, complete with lime green quiver.

"To Twilight Sparkle I give a map which will hopefully lead you home, and a bow which will always strike true, But! You must remember to only use it when you need it most."

Twilight nodded in response.

Next to Rainbow he disposed a set of what appeared to be metal wings made to fit her specifically. They were a stone gray with a golden line just below the tops. The second item was was a large shield, bigger than her whole body and in the traditional medieval diamond shape. The font was a shiny black, with the traditional Equestrian symbol of the two royal sisters circling each other, a spike at the center, and surrounded by the same gold inlay as the wings.

"Onto Rainbow dash I bequeath these wing guards and shield, which will protect her body both physically and magically. I suggest you wear the wing guards at all times, trust me, you'll need them. And while you are most definitely more inclined with offense, trust me when I say if you wish to protect your Friends you will need them. Do I have your word?"

Rainbow took him seriously and saluted with her chest puffed out and a hardy smirk upon her muzzle.

"Good!"

He then turned to give Starlight her gifts. They consisted of a rope/grappling hook combination, the hook had the same shiny black as the shield while the rope seemed to be purely white. It was hard, and yet flexible. The second item, was a sword. The sheathe was a maroon red coloring, and pieces of silver that made it resemble a candy cane. It was about as long as she was, and the sheathe opened into a V shape to accommodate the guard, which was at that part also silver. in the center of it was a red crystal. The cross guard were shaped like the wings of a pegasus, one the same color as her coat, the other a brilliant gamboge, a very familiar color. The handle was shaped like a unicorn horn that seemed to be made of white crystal/rock material, while at the tip was a bright yellow crystal gem of sorts.

"And finally we have starlight Glimmer. These items too shall be valuable tools along your journey. Use them wisely, and in the case of the sword remember, should it be damaged collect any and all pieces that may fall from it. Do you understand?"

A, pardon the pun, glimmer of determination seemed to shined in her eye.

"I understand!"

"Good! Then I must be off! Farewell my Friends!"

He then grabbed the reins prepared to take off, when Starlight called out one last time.

"Wait! You wouldn't happen to know what was inscribed on that tree you found us in front of would you?!"

At this he laughed quite vivaciously.

"As a matter of fact I do! It is a sort of, instruction manual, specifically in the the pleasures of the flesh! I hear young lovers go there often to conceive! We were quite lucky that wasn't the case when either of our parties arrived!"

The revelation came with a few interesting results. Twilight had rather amusing face, her left eye twitching and lips suspiciously fish like, and her eyes seemed to have grown to the size of her head . Starlight who had asked was the brightest, most brilliant shade of red, that she literally was glowing. Nick and the Reindeer thought it reminded them of somepony they knew. Rainbow was of course laughing, more than a little happy she was right, and just a bit at her Friends expense.

"Hahaha! Thats hilarious! I love it! Oh man my sides are killing me!"

With this Nick pulled down his goggles and beat the reins. As the stags began to run He yelled out . . .

"And that my dear Rainbow is why you are on the naughty list! Goodby, and good luck my Friends! May the Force be with you and may You Live Long and Prosper! Ho ho ho!"

While the three waved, Rainbow did so with a confused look on her face, and asked the simple, obvious question.

"What does any of that even mean?"

Her Friends just shrugged and started moving towards the town.

As they moved they all got used to their gifts in their own ways.

Rainbow put on the wing guards, which despite being made out of metal didn't feel too heavy. She barely payed attention to the shield as she strapped it to her back. It soon became apparent that it was a bit heavier and required her to temporarily walk to adjust. Starlight wrapped her rope around her body, and then pulled her sword out of the sheathe with her magic to examine it. The blade was so clean and shiny that it reflected her face like a fine mirror. It was almost milky in its shine. Twilight meanwhile was elevating the rolled map in front of her while she counted the number of arrows she had, out loud.

"60 . . 62, 63, 64, 65 .. and, 66 arrows in total. Thats not bad. I should hopefully not have a opportunity to use them, but I'm sure Nick gave them to me for a reason."

Rainbow Dash was the one who responded to her Friends outward thinking.

"Sure Twilight. But can you use it?"

This too caught Starlight's attention. Twilight on the other hoof turned up her chin and with a confident smirk replied.

"I'll have you know that as a filly I took an archery class. It was mostly to spend time with Shining during his training to become a royal guard, but as it turned out I was a natural."

Starlight looked impressed, while Rainbow Dash seemed just a bit more skeptical.

"I'll believe it when I see it!"

Twilight simply rolled her eyes and smirked at Rainbow in a way that made her excited.

They soon reached the town, but the people they had seen earlier seemed to have re-entered their dwellings.

"Maybe they're afraid of, us?"

This was Starlight, who turned to her Friends with a confused face. Twilight raised a brow as she looked around. she soon gave her student her thoughts.

"Perhaps. Humans seem to be the dominant species here. And they probably don't see talking Ponies carrying weapons all that often."

Rainbow was occupied trying to see the humans, who she was more than a little curious about them after Twilights stories about the other world, despite having just having said goodbye to Nick. All of their attentions were pulled elsewhere however when they heard what sounded like a Pssst. They turned their heads to the left, where they saw a sort of general store.

The only living thing in sight was a small black and white dog, though they couldn't tell the breed. As they got closer they saw that it only had one eye. While the left socket was empty, the right was occupied by a fiery red yellow orb, almost like molten lava in its coloring. The three looked at each other, each seeming confused. Rainbow just shrugged. With this Twilight attempted to talk to it.

"Huh, Hello?"

Up to this moment it hadn't looked at her. Now that it had however it began to open its mouth. And from said mouth came . . . .

The call of a Macaw, a meow, and the what might have been a Dragon's roar, before it climbed up the wall like a Spider before disappearing onto the roof. This cause the girls to jump back, Rainbow Dash jumping into Starlight's forelegs.

"Pssst"

There it was again. This time however they were able to discern that it was coming from an old man inside the store who was trying to invite them in without drawing attention to himself.

With this revelation Starlight threw Rainbow to the ground and entered behind her mentor, Rainbow following at her own pace.

As it turned out the store was run by the old man and his wife. They explained to the Ponies that to their kind, Equestrian Ponies, hadn't ventured to this world for millions of Moons. That the last time it had happened had been right after their last king had been dethroned some 1005 years ago. They then for some reason went over his apparent cruelty. Suffice to say, he didn't sound like a nice guy. Anyway, they told the three that everyone who been alive to see the last Ponies were few, and that they themselves were some. This was why most of the town was barred up and afraid. They saw the arrival of the Ponies as a very bad omen. The old couple however decided they would help by giving them a sack of food, no meat, and a water canteen each. They also gave them a small amount of money, supplies to start a fire, and a tent. While Twilight carried most of this, they decided to split the food into three small sacks to make it easier to carry.

After a hour long rest, Twilight plotted their course using the map Nick had given them and found that the fastest way to get to where they needed to go was to the east, which was in the direction behind the store. Because of this they left through the back.

Once the Ponies had gone, the women's face became a frown while her husband began to smirk.

The old woman wasn't happy and she let her husband know it.

"Why did you do that?"

The man turned to his wife.

"You saw them! Ponies! Those fools throughout town may think it an omen of doom. But I see it as a merciful sign that his Majesty will return! And when he does we will prosper again! For that I gave the gifts. I gust wish I didn't have to say those horrible things about his Grace."

"Hmph, prosper mydonkey! You dream to much! Now, get back to sweeping!"

She shoved the broom into his hands and he obliged, but he was still smiling, Positive he was correct.

We now move above, to the roof of the establishment, where the black and white dog still sat, out of sight of any foolish enough to pass by. The dog's ears seemed to twitch, as though he was listening to something. Meanwhile his only eye seemed to be staring into the middle distance, waiting.

While it wasn't immediately visible, a speck seemed to be speeding towards him. As it got closer it was clear it was round, and blue.

The dog raised it's left paw, and caught the object. Now up close, it was now clear it was his missing eye, a familiar slitted blue. He quickly popped it back in to its original home, where it spun for few seconds before properly orienting itself. The dog then seem to simply walk off the roof where he floated for a few seconds, and then fell, perfectly in front of the stores door.

The dog immediately rose to its feet, except it was no longer a dog. It had become humanoid, but not human.

Not a lot of it was clear, as its form seemed to be constantly shifting, unstable, not unlike a badly damaged piece of film reel. The only permanent fixture was the dark green, nearly black cloak it wore. Its pale, bare, feet with an unclear number of toes. The only thing that didn't seem to change were its hands, which had black claws and instead of 5 standard fingers, 6 spindly spider leg like digits, a thumb on either side of his hands.

He entered, noticed but not looked upon. When the couple did turn to greet him, their faces showed surprise. The man almost immediately fell to his knees, while the woman stood frozen in shock, and fear. Soon however her husband forced her to kneel as well, though he went as far as to prostrate himself.

"My King! I knew you would return! May I serve you as you see fit, I am your humble servant!"

The thing looked around before answering, and when it did it's voice almost sounded, normal, casual, soft even. And yet, like he was putting on a show.

"Good. I am remembered. I was afraid my subjects had forgotten me. As for serving me my child, you have done more than enough. For your loyal service I shall reward you."

It walked closer, brought its hand under his chin, so that it could look the man in the eye.

"I shall reward you."

The old man had closed his eyes, prepared as he was, as his King put his right hand behind his head, and the left under the chin. The women however was crab walking backwards, away from the thing that seemed to be holding her husband's head firmly, yet gently, like one might hold a child.

"I shall reward you for your loyalty, with a quick, painless, Death."

He then snapped the man's neck, it took no more than a second.

It was now quiet, no sound could be heard accept the old woman's heart beat. It grew louder and louder in her chest until it drowned out all she could perceive except the continued beating. Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thum . . . . . .

"Did you think you could hide from me? Esmeralda?"

As he said her name he turned his head to look upon her, and slowly, ever so slowly he began to walk towards her. She backed away until she hit the shelf behind her. This made it easier, for him. Soon he reached her, and bent at the knees to look at her face.

"Look how old you've become."

It was again silent, a dark silence filled with, hatred. It was, thick, like the thickest, densest fog. Then, she broke it.

"Hello, your Grace."

He chuckled at this.

"Your Grace? My, haven't we grown formal. Or, have you grown cold since I've been gone? Since you imprisoned me."

She finally looked at him with this, a look of vicious contempt in her eyes.

"I didn't imprison you!"

"No, not directly. But youcertainly helped them do it. One of my own wives, betrayed me. Imagine my surprise, imagine my, sorrow."

"I wasn't your wife, I was only one of your 17 concubines! I meant nothing to you!"

He shook his head at this.

"That simply isn't true. I loved you, all of you. We had individualceremonies, I baked eight of the cakes myself. I had no bias, no preference, just Love, perhaps not romantic Love, but Love for each of you all the same. Equally. But you wanted more. You knew I would outlive each of you, and you wanted more. You wanted to be my Immortal Queen, at my side for eternity. You weren't angry, you were jealous. Jealous I wouldn't give you what you wanted, so you betrayed me my Love. More than that though, you feared death, to the point you wouldn't see reason. To the point that you turned to Byron. And like he and the others who betrayed me, imprisoned me. You all had no selfless intentions like you claimed to the ignorant/innocent masses, bur selfish desires that drove you. With the exception of the poor innocent 7 who were manipulated into it, you all had the gall to turn against me, and for that you will suffer. All of you who still live."

He then stood, and raised his left arm above his head. From his hand appeared two knife like blades of shimmering milky white.

Finally the defiant face she wore fell away to reveal what she was really feeling, fear.

He smiled like a shark, and his next words hurt her more than he would ever know.

"Most think that love and hate are opposites. But in reality theopposite of love is indifference, while hate is more a dark reflection of love, a corruption of it. In reality the only difference between the two is intent. And at the moment my intent is, your suffering."

She grabbed his legs like a dog, which is an insult to dogs really, in a last ditch effort to save her own life.

"Please my Love! Spare me! I will do anything you desire of me!"

With this his face of indifference broke, showing what could only be described as the mask of, aDemon.

"Long Live The King."

And so he swung his arm, and a wave of fresh, red, blood painted the shelf.

Of course, she was still alive. And she would be for hours more, suffering in a slow agonizing kind of death.

The blades on his hand seemed to be smoking, the blood staining them evaporating, before the blades themselves disappeared into black dust. He went to leave, but stopped before a basket of apples. He looked at it quite intensely, before grabbing a green one and rubbing it on his chest. He then headed for the back door.

He took a bite of his apple and chewed. As he walked out into the bright green sunlight, he swallowed and an amusing thought passed through his head, and he chuckled as he had the urge to voice it.

"Tonight, I dine on horse meat."

He then began to laugh hysterically at his own joke as he walked down the rode towards his prey.

Author's Note:

:pinkiecrazy:This took so much longer than I intended, but I finished it before the end of June which was one of my goals.

:pinkiehappy:Anyway, please leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and they motivate me to write just a bit more.
A few quick thoughts before I finish here.

:twilightsheepish:When I first wrote the part with, Nick, I hadn't intended for him to be, well him. It just sort of happened that way. I wanted a character to come in with a wagon being pulled by Reindeer. Then I thought, ho many Reindeer? 8? 8 sounds good. Hey, who else has 8 Reindeer. At that point I really had no reason not to go there.

:derpytongue2: The giving them gifts thing is some thing I ripped right outta The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. There was also some inspiration fromClash of The Titans! Original, not the one with Sam Worthington. This only came about because I ended up making Nick, well, Nick.

:moustache:Lastly the Twilight Archery thing. I decided to give the three weapons, and the bow seemed perfect for Twilight. She's got her horn so no need to use her mouth, and no problem of physical strength. And then there are the mental parts of it, which Twilight obviously would have down. But didn't want her to be a poor at, so bam story about a class with shining. So . . . .

:pinkiehappy: One again please comment!