• Published 16th May 2017
  • 2,737 Views, 21 Comments

Rara's Spa of Youth - TwilieTheFoal



Applejack and her friends are invited to a spa. But, they regret going once they are surprised by the meaning of Youth.

  • ...
6
 21
 2,737

Chapter 1- The invitation

Applejack was sound asleep, dreaming of apples she'll be harvesting. Every pony was in her dream helping her out.

"Wow, you ponies are the best! I think you gals earned a little treat for your hard working."Said Applejack, very impressed with her friends working abilities.

Applejack placed 6 cups of fresh, cold cider! Rainbow Dash saw the cider and took the cup right away, savoring each and every drop of cider that went into her mouth. Applejack and the rest of her friends doing the same. Once finished, they relaxed on the grass and talked.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack were relaxing together while the others were talking. Rainbow Dash turned her head to Applejack to speak but instead of words coming out, she blasted Applejack's eardrums with her alarm clock and BAM! Applejack woke up. Taking a while to get herself together and turning off her alarm clock.

Applejack stretched and yawned before going out of her bedroom, down the stairs and into the kitchen. Applejack saw that the rest of the family were already eating some thick, fluffy pancakes with maple syrup. Applejack got to the stove and took out some of the left over pancakes from the pan and slid them onto a plate that was left for her. Then she glazed the pancakes with maple syrup and apples. She carried her breakfast to the table, sat down and ate her breakfast like there's no tomorrow. After breakfast she went out on the field and did her chores.

First, Applejack bucked Apple trees, watching as each apple falls into each barrel below, filling each one with red, green, and gold. Applejack did this for hours until her next chore.

Second, Applejack trotted up to the chicken coop. She took a wooden basket that was on the ground, and went into the chicken coop to collect all of the chickens eggs. Then she brought them back to the barn like house.

Third, she went back into the house and laid the basket of eggs on the kitchen table. Then she ran out of the house and back to apple bucking. After bucking about 10 trees, she took 2 barrels of apples on her back and dragged 1 more to their actual barn. Once she arrived, she entered the barn and dragged the barrel into the barn. After that, she carefully lowered the 2 barrels of apples from her back and onto the barnyard ground. Big Mac and Apple bloom dropped their barrels of Apples off as well.

After harvesting her Apples and doing all her chores, Applejack got some Apple juice from the fridge and relaxed a little bit underneath the shade of an Apple Tree. After a while of relaxation, Applejack saw Rainbow Dash flying in the distance.

"Applejack, we have a picnic today, remember!!!" Shouted Rainbow Dash.

"Every pony's waiting for you. You're supposed to bring the Apple juice!!!" Yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Oh! Sorry Dash. Was busy bucking some trees."Apologized Applejack.

"It's alright, just hurry up." Said an impatient Rainbow Dash.

Once Applejack got 2 cases of Apple juice on her back, she and Dash both headed off to their picnic on the hill. Once there, they ran to their friends, greeting them.

"Howdy there sugarcubes, sorry i'm late. I was too busy with my chores that I forgot." Apologized Applejack.

"No problem Aj, I understand." Said Twilight.

"Thanks Twilight." Said Applejack.

"No prob Aj." Replied Twilight.

After Applejack lowered the Apple juice onto the picnic blanket, every pony grabbing a bottle, drinking it slowly while talking. But they were interrupted by a mail mare.

Derpy came crashing down, luckily she didn't crash on their picnic and every pony's ok.

Derpy held up a letter with her hoof and yelled " LETTER FOR APPLEJACK!"

"That would be me." Replied Aj.

Derpy hoofed the letter to Applejack who was a little confused as to who would send her mail. But as Derpy flew off to another destination, Applejack opened up the letter and read it outloud to her friends, who were also curious.

" Dear Applejack,

I know we've been out of touch ever since I came to ponyville. So to make up for it I thought I'd invite you and your friends to my brand new spa".

"A-a spa, AH!!!!!!! I AM SO GOING!!!" Yelled Rarity, obviously very excited. But she grew embarrassed once every pony started staring at her.

" Heh, keep going." Said Rarity.

"It's called 'Rara's Spa Of Youth'. I would be ever so grateful if you and your friends could come and relax, instead of doing work all day. Hopefully this letter got to you.

Your friend,
Rara. "

"I don't know about y'all but I think it's a great idea." Said Applejack.

" Sides, I think Rarity wants this, after all, this is a spa."

"Alright then, let's go to the spa." Yelled Twilight.

" OH COME ON!!!" Yelled Dash, a bit annoyed that she had to go to a spa.

"Oh, don't be so serious Dash. A spa is super refreshing, Plus, I think we should go tomorrow." Said Rarity.

"Tomorrow"? Ya sure bout that?" Asked Applejack, weirded out that Rarity wanted to go tomorrow instead of today. But hey, maybe it's better that way.

"Yes Applejack, i'm sure." Answered Rarity.

"I think that's a great idea Rarity. Besides, I don't think Dash would last for the entire morning if it meant ditching the picnic and going to a spa." Said Twilight, approving Rarity's ideas.

"I HEARD THAT!" Yelled Dash, who was lying in a bush with an annoyed look.

"Well, I think that sounds super duper fun!" Exclaimed Pinkie Pie, pretty eager to go to the spa.

"Umm, I agree." Said a weak voice. It was the voice of Fluttershy.

"Alright, it's settled then, we'll go to the new spa tomorrow afternoon!" Exclaimed Twilight, making sure every pony heard her voice.

Every pony (but Dash) cheered for joy. Rainbow Dash just lied there in the bush, sulking. But after a second of sulking, she flew back to the picnic and took a light blue frosted cupcake with a red apple slice perched on top. Then she took took another bottle of Apple juice and started eating the cupcake and drinking the juice like there was no tomorrow. Twilight and every pony else enjoyed the rest of the picnic eating and talking. After the picnic, they parted and went back to their homes. Fluttershy went to her cottage, Pinkie Pie went to Sugarcube Corner, Twilight flew to her Friendship Castle, Rarity went to her boutique/home, Rainbow Dash flew to her cloud home, and Applejack headed towards Sweet Apple Acres.

"Howdy Apple bloom, how ya doin?" Asked Applejack.

"Good. I thought you were at a picnic? What happened?" Answered Apple bloom.

"Ya know Rara, right?" Asked Applejack.

"Ya, the popstar sensation!" Exclaimed Apple bloom.

"What about her?" Asked Apple bloom.

"Well, she invited me and my friends to a new spa that she built, and we're going tomorrow." Applejack told this to Apple bloom while bucking some trees full of apples, watching as all of the apples fell from the trees and into the barrels below, filling them with apples.

"Sounds great, something wrong about it?" Asked Apple bloom, curious as to why her sister is acting like this.

"No, but i'll need some pony to take care of my chores for me while i'm gone. So I was thinking if you could do it, you're mature and this will also raise your allowance by 5 extra bits". Said Applejack, smirking at her little sister.

"R-Really? You'd let me do your chores and raise my allowance by 5 bits?" Asked Apple bloom, who was not believing what she heard.

"Of course I would. I hope you'll say yes." Said Applejack, trying to look desperate for her sister to say yes.

"Yes! I will say yes!" Exclaimed Apple bloom.

"Great. You can start tomorrow morning." Applejack told Apple bloom.

"Alright. I'll start tomorrow." Answered Apple bloom.

Applejack walked back to her house. When she entered her house she took off her hat and placed it on the kitchen table. Then she walked to the washroom and turned on the shower, thinking about the new spa that she and her friends are going to tomorrow. She then hopped into the shower, closing the shower curtains behind her. Aj started humming 'Apples to the Core', feeling the water from the hot shower drop onto her mane, tail, and coat. She then took a white bottle labeled 'Shampoo' from the shower and squirted the vile's contents onto her mane and tail, she then put the bottle back where she found it and started scrubbing her mane with the shampoo. Once she was done scrubbing her mane, she scrubbed her tail. After that step completed, she closed her eyes and started scrubbing her mane to get the shampoo out while standing underneath the water, feeling the water wash the shampoo out of her mane. After she made sure her mane was rid of the shampoo, then she started doing the same with her tail until it was also rid of shampoo. Then she took another bottle labeled 'Body Wash', and then took a wash cloth and poured the vile's contents onto the wash cloth. Then she started lathering her coat with the wash cloth while being washed off by the water above Applejack. After being rinsed off completely, Applejack turned off the shower and stepped out of the shower. She took her towel and dried herself off until she felt like she was totally rid of all of the water. Then she took her hat from the kitchen table and went up the stairs to her bedroom.

Applejack took a small brush from her dresser and started brushing her mane and tail. Then she took a red mane and tail tie and tied her mane and tail in it's regular ponytail state. Once she finished with that, she put her hat back on her head and headed out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.

"Hey, Granny, is it supper yet?" Asked Applejack.

"Yes, Yes." Answered Granny Smith.

"Alright I'll go call Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh for ya." Said Applejack.

Applejack went up to the little metallic triangle and lightly tapped it for a few seconds and yelled "APPLE BLOOM, BIG MAC. SOUPS ON!!!"

Big Mac and Apple bloom heard their sister and ran to their house and into the kitchen, where they sat at the kitchen table, waiting for Granny Smith to return with dinner.

Granny Smith returned to the dinner table and put down a huge bowl of salad and a small bowl of freshly picked apples and put down 4 cups of Apple juice, she had a bowl of applesauce in front of her. Once everything was on the table, Granny Smith sat down and started to eat. Every pony started to eat their dinner.

After dinnertime Applejack went up to her room to relax.

To relax, Applejack went on her bed and began playing on her very old, yellow, harmonica. Her mother gave it to her for her 7th birthday. She played 'Apples to the Core', while remembering her parents.

After awhile of playing the little tune, she saw that it was 10:00 pm, which was the usual bedtime, and decided to walk to the bathroom.

Applejack reached the bathroom and started to brush her teeth and doing her business.

After that part, she walked to Apple bloom's room and yelled "Apple bloom, time for bed."

"Ok Aj." Yelled Apple bloom in response.

"Alright then, G'night."

Applejack went into her room and slipped into bed, pulling her blanket up to her chest.

*Sigh*. "What do ya think the invitation means harmony?" Asked Aj, looking at her harmonica.

"I have no idea, but I guess i'll find out in the mornin, G'night."

And with that, every pony was sound asleep.

Author's Note:

So, this is my second story.

Hopefully this is just as good as my other story. If you haven't read that story yet then I suggest you do.
:fluttershysad::twilightoops::twilightblush: