• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 1,697 Views, 59 Comments

Sweet Song Part 1 - Baka-Neku



Story about Lyra and Bonbon's Dauther, Sweet Song

  • ...
3
 59
 1,697

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sweet Song was walking alongside her new friend. They were on their way to school. Almost three weeks had passed since Sweet Song had saved Dinky from the bullies. Since that day they had always stayed together; the more time Sweet Song spent with Dinky the more she found out how alike they were.

Dinky came by every day to pick up Sweet Song and they both went to school together. In recess they spend time reading and talking in the library, and they followed each other home from school.

There had not been any confrontations with Lily Feather since that day; Sweet Song and Dinky had tried avoiding her as much as possible and it looked like Lily Feather did the same.

“SO,” Dinky began. “My mother asked if you wanted to have a sleepover at my house here next weekend? Or rather I asked if it was ok and she thinks it was a GREAT idea,” Dinky said while smiling to Sweet Song.

“SURE!” Sweet song said grinning “I’ll ask my mothers when I get home, but I think it’s ok.”

They soon arrived at school and took their seats. Since they hadn’t known each other from when they got the seats, they were sitting almost as far from each other as possible, but they didn’t mind that; after class they spent the time together so it wasn’t bad at all.

In recess they both went to the library to get something to eat and read a little before going back to class. The librarian had given them special permission to eat in the library as long they didn’t do it while reading and they had to clean up after themselves. Twilight Sparkle had taken the part time job of keeping the library running for the school, she came in three days a week to keep everything updated and to make sure everything was in order.

Sweet Song and Dinky opened the library door to see Twilight walking around like she used too.

“Hey there Twilight,” the girls said. “Hey there girls,” Twilight said with a smile and went over and hugged them.

“How are my two favorite book worms today? OH wait, I have something for you that just arrived from Canterlot, I BET you two would love reading them!” Twilight was gone before the two foals could say anything. She came back with four books, and gave them to Dinky who levitated them over to their favorite spot.

“The Adventures of Night Rose and Banana Boss,” Twilight said “It’s the same who wrote Daring do, and they have become quite popular with the younger foals.” Twilight smiled and said, “These four books are what’s out so far and let me just tell you that most people only have read the two first since I was lucky I got the two next books before everyone else! And who would fit more than my two favorite book worms to read em before everyone else,” She said smiling proudly.

“Banana Boss?” Sweet Song said skeptically. “Is the books really that good?” Dinky said confused. “Give it a try!” Twilight said. “You might be surprised”

Twilight gave them both a hug and went back to her chores at the library. Sweet Song and Dinky began eating the muffins Dinky’s mom had made for them.

“Your mother makes the best muffins I’ve ever tasted!” said Sweet Song while munching on a banana muffin.

“I KNOW!” Dinky said, “She is the best muffin maker of all of Equestria, she just eats ‘em, faster than she can make ‘em” Dinky said and they both laughed.

Sweet Song had really grown fond of Dinky since she met her. They could talk about everything, share secrets and just laugh.

After school, they both went home. They’d been reading the first book of Night Rose and Banana Boss out loud for each other, and had found that it was better than the title suggested.
“I’M BANANA BOSS, the most handsome stallion you will ever know, my pretty mare!” Sweet Song said to Dinky.

“I am Night Rose, the cool and silent.” Dinky said and tried walking cool.

"Well well well, so the freaks are playing on their way home?" A cold voice said from behind.

"Lily Feather!" Sweet song said coldly back. "What are you doing out here, beside making fun of ponies?"


"None of your business, freak. I just happen to fall over you two freaks! Carry on with your childish play and go home to your freakish mothers!" she said as coldly back to Sweet Song.

"AT LEAST WE HAVE A FAMILY THAT LOVES US!" Sweet Song yelled. Lily Feather froze where she was, she looked shocked and furious.

"MY.FAMILY.LOVES.ME!!" Lily said through her teeth "MY FAMILY IS MORE NORMAL THAN YOURS!" she yelled back and ran away from Sweet Song and Dinky. What the two foals didn't see was the tears welling up in Lily's eyes as she ran home.

"What was that about?" Dinky asked Sweet Song.

"I have no idea, but at least she left us, so that fine with me." Sweet Song smiled to Dinky and hugged her and they went separate ways.

When Sweet Song came home, she went into the kitchen and looked for her mothers. In the kitchen only BonBon were there and she looked a bit worried but lightened up when she saw her daughter.

"Welcome home sweetie, did you have a good day today?" she asked after hugging her daughter

"It went well. I should say hello from Twilight. Where is mom?" She asked looking around for her mother.

"She is resting in the bedroom, she is not feeling well again today. If she is not sleeping, you can go see her," BonBon smiled.

"OK," Sweet Song said smiling and went quietly into her mothers bedroom. "Mom, are you asleep?" she whispered.

" No I’m not sweety, come on in," Lyra said with a smile "I always want to see you, you know that! I just haven't been feeling well today, nothing to worry about!"

Sweet Song went over to her mother and sat beside her bed, looking worried. "You ok mom?"

"Yes Yes! I’m fine, just need some rest and I’m all on top again." Lyra said with a smile, "No worries, no worries! You know your mother is strong!"

"I do! I Love you so much! Dinky asked me if i wanted to have a sleepover this weekend, can I mom? Oh please please say yes!" Sweet song said excitedly.
Lyra looked at her daughter with a thoughtful look. "Hm... I'm not so sure..." Sweet song began looking sad and Lyra said "I’M KIDDING Hun! Sure you can, I'll follow you over there but tell your mother too. She might want to know," Lyra winked to her daughter.

"I can find my way over there by myself, I’m not a child anymore!" Sweet song said a bit angry. "I know hun, but I have something to talk to Dinky's mom about, can't I visit my friends too?" she said smiling.

"Oh... I’m sorry mom, I didn't know," Sweet song said a bit guilty "It's ok sweetie! Come here and give your old mother a hug." And she leaned forward and hugged Sweet Song. "Now go tell your mother!" Lyra said as she saw her daughter almost fly out the dim lighted room. 'I fear the day I have to tell her, and I fear that it might be sooner than I thought,' Lyra thought to herself and began crying silently.

Finally the weekend came. Sweet Song was jumping around Lyra while they were walking through the park on their way to Dinky and Derpy’s house. The weather was good and the weather ponies had cleared the sky for clouds so the sun was shining. Lyra looked at Sweet Song jumping around happily. Normally, she would jump with her, but her health hadn't been the best the last couple of months, but she wouldn't let her daughter know, so she began jumping around with Sweet Song who smiled and laughed with her mother. Suddenly Lyra could feel some pain in her body and slowed down a bit. "Sweety dear, could we rest a bit over at that bench?" Lyra said and sat down on the bench like a human; she had always done it and Sweet Song sat down beside her mother the same way. "You feeling ok mom?" she asked her mother.
"No, I feel a bit sick sweetie. I think you need to go to Dinky by yourself. I know you’re big enough to do it." She smiled to Sweet song and kissed her forehead. "And take this letter with you to Dinky’s mother, would you? And say I’m sorry I couldn't be there."

Sweet Song hugged her mother worriedly. "You gonna be ok, mom?"

"Yes my sweet daughter, don't worry I’m just tired today".

As Sweet Song looked over her shoulder to see if her mother was ok, Lyra waved to Sweet Song smilingly, and Sweet Song went towards to the Everfree Forest on the way to Dinky's house. She wanted to look at the old orphanage that was just in the outskirts of the forest. It was a big old building with a huge wall around and a giant iron gate in front. Sweet Song loved to look at the building; she always walked this way with her mothers and Lyra always told stories about how she wanted to “check the dungeon,” as she called it. She was convinced they hid humans down there. Sweet Song knew it was not true, the orphanage was used for foals and fillies who didn't have a home or parents, so they could have a place to live.

Sweet Song hadn't seen many go in or out of the building, but she’d seen some foals play in the big garden surrounding the house. As she went by the orphanage in her own thoughts, she suddenly saw somepony standing inside the gate looking out. It was a familiar mare, one Sweet Song didn't like. Lily Feather stood inside the gate looking out and then saw Sweet Song; if her already white fur could turn whiter, it would. She looked shocked at Sweet Song.

"So now you know..." Lily said with a low voice, shaking all over her body. "I wanted to keep it a secret, but now it's out, you can finally do what I’ve been doing to YOU!".
Sweet Song was speechless; everything just fell on place. Now she understood why she acted like that last time. She DIDN'T have parents, she just acted like she did because she was jealous. Before Sweet Song could say anything, Lily yelled "JUST GO TELL EVERYONE AT SCHOOL, SEE IF I CARE," tears now fled down like waterfalls as she turned around and ran for the orphanage and slammed the door before Sweet Song could react.

Sweet Song went to Dinky's house, lost in thoughts. What should she do? Was there anything she COULD do? She began realizing that maybe Lily Feather was just lonely? Maybe she really just wanted friends but was afraid that she would be teased if anypony found out that she didn't have parents, and in defense just ended up teasing others. Before she knew, it she stood in front of Dinky's house and knocked on the door. A filly totally covered in cake batter opened it.

"SWEET SONG, you’re late! Where’s your mother, wasn't she supposed to come too? And why you look so sad?" Dinky talked so fast that Sweet Song almost couldn’t get what she said.

"I... I'll tell you later, ok? And why you covered in muffin dough?" Sweet Song said almost laughing and Dinky smiled.

"We are making muffins! COME, you can help too, we are making GIANT muffins!"

The kitchen looked like Discord had been in there; there was muffin batter all over, tools laying around, and some chairs turned over. "What happened in here?" Sweet Song asked in surprise. "Hurry over here. The muffins are attacking!" Derpy was hiding behind a turned over table. Dinky hurried over to her mother laughing and gestured Sweet Song to do the same. Sweet Song also hid behind the table and thought that there actually were muffins attacking. But of course they were only playing, and Sweet Song played along.

Later in Dinky’s room, the two fillies sat with two of the biggest muffins Sweet Song had ever seen. After they’d made them, they all helped clean up the kitchen, which looked more like a battlefield than a kitchen. The war with the muffins had been hard, but in the end they won and now the kitchen actually looked as if nothing had ever happened in there.

"Do you always do this when you bake?" Sweet Song said smiling; it was one of the funniest times she’d had in a long time.

"Yes, my mother’s so fun when it comes to baking muffins, she just loves it and I love helping her!” she said while munching on her blueberry muffin.

“OH!” Sweet Song suddenly yelled. “I forgot that I had to deliver a letter to your mom. Be right back!” Sweet Song said and hurried downstairs to where Derpy was.

“Derpy, I have a letter for you from my mom, and she’s sorry that she couldn’t come but she didn’t feel well,” Sweet Song said hurriedly. “Thats ok Sweet Song, I kinda guessed that was the reason she didn’t come today.” Derpy took the letter and Sweet Song went back up to Dinky’s room.

Later that night, when Sweet Song and Dinky laid in dinky’s Bed, Dinky asked “What was it that made you worried when you arrived here?”

“OH, I almost forgot about that.” Sweet Song told her the entire story of what happened at the orphanage. “Wow...” Dinky said, surprised. “I didn’t know that, nor do I think anypony else does.”
“I feel really sorry for saying that she didn’t have any parents the other day,” Sweet Song held Dinky’s hooves tight.

“Same here, so what are we going to do about it?” Dinky asked. “That letter actually gave me an idea!” And she told Dinky all about her plan. Dinky just smiled to Sweet Song and said: “That might even work!” and hugged Sweet Song. They both just laid there until they both went to sleep.

Derpy stood in the doorway looking at the two fillies sleeping. She held the letter in her hooves and looked at Sweet Song, feeling sorry for her; she had read the letter many times, still not believing what was in it. She had to go to Canterlot as the first thing in the morning and deliver the letter to Princess Celestia. She took one last look at the two sleeping fillies and quietly closed the door.

The next morning, as Sweet Song woke up to the smell breakfast, she rubbed her eyes and looked at the sleeping Dinky. She smiled and pushed Dinky gently to wake her up. "Ugh," was the only reply she got. Sweet Song leaned over Dinky and whispered in her ear, “Wake up sleepy head, the muffins are ATTACKING!” The last word she almost yelled, and Dinky sat up fast. “WHERE?” she said, confused, and Sweet Song couldn’t help laughing. When Dinky finally understood what was going on, she laughed with Sweet Song. They both went down to the kitchen only to find that it was not Derpy but Sweet Song’s foalsitter Lyniv. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, LYNIV?" Sweet Song yelled and jumped into Lyniv’s arms and hugged her tightly.

"Where’s my mother?" Dinky asked confused while looking around the kitchen.

"She had some things to do with Sweet Song’s parents, so they asked me to foalsit you two for the rest of the weekend till they get back." She went over to Dinky and took her hoof out. "Hello, you must be Dinky! I’m Sweet Song’s foalsitter"

Dinky looked at Lyniv and took the hoof and said: "I’m Dinky, Sweet Song’s best friend!" with a smile.

"SO, after breakfast, what should we do? It looks like it’s gonna be a good day today, so I suggest we go to the park today. What do you two say?"

“Sounds fun!” Dinky said. Sweet Song was looking at the white unicorn with a pink mane. She had loved her ever since the first time she foalsat her. At first she was skeptical and was afraid Lyniv would hate her like everyone else did since she had two mothers, but Lyniv proved to Sweet Song that even if she was unusual, she was loved, and everytime Sweet Song was with Lyniv she felt like she had a big sister. “How’s Fluttershy?” Sweet Song asked. Lyniv had been living at Fluttershy’s house.

“She is just fine, she might join us at the park later,” Lyniv said with a big smile.

“So you planned this already?” Sweet song said with a smile. “N......N...No, No I didn’t”, she said, trying to hide a smile. “YOU DID!” Sweet Song smiled and hugged her foalsitter.

They began eating the breakfast Lyniv had prepared them. It had all the things Lyniv knew Sweet Song loved. Sweet Song and Dinky ate a lot. After they were done, Lyniv said:“SO, are you two ready? Of to adventure!” And they began walking towards the park.

“What do you think your special talent would be?” Dinky suddenly asked Sweet Song. “I Have been thinking a lot on what mine might be and what cutie mark I would get,” Dinky said, looking at Lyniv’s cutie mark; a g-key note.

“I think yours is gonna be a muffin!” Sweet song said grinning. “Just watch out your mom doesn’t try to eat it.” She laughed and Dinky joined in. “I don’t know what mine would be or what I’m good at....” Sweet Song said thinking about it. “I might know a way to find out,” Lyniv said “Lets see if your name is what it seems to be. WHEN we get to the park, so hush hush my trustfully followers!” Lyniv said and walked in front of the two foals, and the two foals followed Lyniv to the park.

When they arrived at the park, they saw Fluttershy had already arrived and was unpacking the things she had with her. “Hello, girls” she said in her shy voice. “Hey, Fluttershy!” Sweet Song said and hugged her tightly. “Oh...” Fluttershy whispered and hugged her back.

They all just sat and talked for awhile and laughed at Lyniv’s stories she told.

After a while, Lyniv said: “SO....... Sweety Song” Lyniv began. “IT’S SWEET SONG!”, Sweet song said grinning, “you always forget that.” She said. “OH no my filly, for me you are always Sweety Song!” Lyniv winked and used her magic to levitate her Violin over to her and opened it.

“I’m gonna play a song and I want you to close your eyes and listen to what I play and just sing, just sing what ever you find fit.” Lyniv said seriously. She began playing her Violin and a sweet melody was floating through the air. Sweet Song closed her eyes and let the music flew into her ears and she just began singing; a sweet and wonderful song came over her lips. Fluttershy, Lyniv and Dinky, all three had their mouth open; they had never heard a more beautiful song.

Sweet Song finished and opened her eye just to see three ponies looking at her. “Did I really do it that bad?” She asked a bit sad. “Sweety,” Lyniv began, “I think you know what your special talent is now.” She went and hugged her. “Never stop singing,” Lyniv said, “NEVER”. The rest of the day, they all played in the park until the sun was about to go down.

On the way home, Dinky asked: “Sweet?” “Yes?” she replied. “We are still going with the plan?” “YES we are, and I really hope it works”.

When they got home, they both went to Dinky’s room upstairs while Lyniv and Fluttershy began preparing dinner in the kitchen.

The two fillies began working on the letter that would be the start of something new.

*****

Autors note:


OK guys that was chapter 2, I make this little note to tell about some things that happened in this chapter that might be a bit confusing. Or mostly Lyniv.

Lyniv is a OC found out by one of my friends, he made stories for Sweet Song.
Found here:
1: http://lynivtheauthor.deviantart.com/#/d54ypu1
2: http://lynivtheauthor.deviantart.com/#/d562arw

So I decided to have her in my story and I needed an excuse so Sweet Song could get a hint what her cutie mark is XD it was important for later.

Night Rose and Banana Boss will be made later by me, when this fic is done.

I will add more if needed here