• Published 29th Apr 2017
  • 561 Views, 7 Comments

The Broken Unicorn - Red flame



A unicron with a broken horn is taken in by Applejack's family

  • ...
 7
 561

Red Flame's Power

Red Flame's eyes slowly began to open up as he woke to the early morning. The unicorn looked for a few minutes flustered at first, before he looked down and remembered where he was. Letting out a sigh of relief his eyes laid upon the orange belly of Applejack. He had used it as his pillow with the work horse's permission. AJ was still tied to the bed in the same x-position as last night. He got a mischvious smile and couldn't resist giving his captive a few more minutes of tickling.

Grabbing one of the feathers in his right hoof, he began brushing it along the belly once again. A smile returned to that face as laughter started coming out of Applejack yet again, soon enough she was wide awake pulling on the ropes still holding her and wiggling on the bed. She was startled but content with this playful attack.

"AH'M AWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHKE A'M AWAKE" Applejack laughed cutely.

"Hehe oh I guess I can let you go now." Red Flame teased happily.

After about ten minutes the feather pulling the feather away from the belly, he quickly untied the ropes and allowed the orange pony to sit up. Getting off of the bed he watched Applejack stretch a bit, before turning back to him with a warm smile.

"Ah'll be gettin ya back for that one, but that can wait." Applejack chuckled.

"Sounds great to me. " Red Flame smiled.

With this the two walk out of the room and head downstairs, the smell of pancakes filled the air of the house as they made their way to the kitchen. The other three family members were sitting at a square brown table happily eating. Applebloom had about three pancakes on her plate, Big mac had the same while Granny only had one. Applejack and Red Flame sit at the table as well taking three pancakes each joining the others in their meal. Applebloom looked at her big sis who was across from her with a smirk.

"So ah'm guessin ya were being tickled last night." Applebloom grinned.

"Ya Red Flame got me good, but don't go gettin cocky Missy. It won't be that easy again for either of ya." Applejack smirked playfully.

Red Flame chuckled at this enjoying the banter between the two. It was obvious they were very close and he felt so glad to know both of them. He stared down at the pancakes as he began thinking of his cutie mark. He solved the feather part of it, but the crossed swords remained a mystery to him. It might seem obvious like the feather but he couldn't really be sure. He decided to leave it alone for now and finish eating so as not to worry the other ponies.

It only took about ten minutes for every pony to finish eating and get up from the table. Applejack and Applebloom went out the door in the kitchen. They had to do their chores, Red Flame decided to watch them and see if he could help. So he followed out the door, and found Applebloom carrying a barrel on her head while Applejack bucked stray apples on the ground into it with her hind legs. Both of them were smiling and having fun with this. Applejack noticed his presence and stopped to look at him.

"Hey Red Flame, wanna help?" Applejack asked happily.

"It's real easy to do." Applebloom cheered excited.

"You know I think I will." Red Flame agreed.

He walked over to one of the apples curiously, he carefully balances one on his forehoof and then tosses it into the air. Then uses his hind hooves to kick the apple. It actually went pretty far about ten feet before Applebloom caught it in the barrel. He had a big grin on his face, the excitement growing as he moved onto another apple, with Applejack resuming as well.

During the bucking Red Flame grew more and more confident with each kicked. With one apple left he decided to see just how far he could kick this one. So he threw it up in the air and with a big grin focused all of his effort into his kick. All of a sudden his hind hoof felt like it was on fire, it actually was as flames suddenly surrounded the apple on impact and sent it about fifty feet away. Both Applejack and Applebloom had their mouths wide open in shock as they saw this. Once he saw the apple he too gasped in shock and amazement over what he did.

"W-what the." Red Flame exasperated.

"How did-?" Applejack muttered in shock.

"That was Awesome" Applebloom exclaimed happily.

Red Flame and Applejack smiled at her excitement about this, but were still curious about what just happened. After thinking a bit Applejack looked over the red pony with an idea.

"Well if any pony's going to know something, it'll be Twilight." Applejack suggested.

"That's a good idea, I promised to see her today anyway." Red Flame smiled.

Oh Ah'll come to, ah really want to learn the answer." Applebloom spoke excited.

Soon enough they were trotting up to the door of Twilight's castle. Red Flame's amazement at it showed on his face eyes wide and a big happy grin as he glanced over the big structure. Once at the door he knocks his hoof on it, and in a few minutes it opens to reveal a small purple dragon, with green spikes on his head and tail, a lighter green scaled under side.

"Oh hello who are you?" Red Flame asked curiously.

"I'm Spike Twilight's assistant, number one actually." Spike boasted happily.

The three ponies chuckled at this finding it amusing and charming at the same time.

"Well it's nice to meet you Spike, I'm Red Flame. Twilight asked me to come over, and I actually have a question for her." Red Flame explained with a smile.

"Oh awesome, well then follow me."

With that the little dragon eagerly lead the three down the really long hall. It was several minutes before they came to the library room of the castle. It was quite wide the walls forming a circle shape lined with bookshelves all with books that had no dust on them. Showing they've all been read recently. Infront of one by the door was Twilight along with a light purple unicorn. They turn their attention to the four entering into the room.

"Hello there, who's the red pony?" The light purple unicorn spoke.

"That's Red Flame, Applejack found him in the forest." Twilight explained.

After explaining the whole situation about Red Flame to both Spike and Starlight, they understood and even embraced the red pony in a big hug real quick which he really appreciated from these two. He also explained how he'll now be living with Applejack as an adopted sibling. Twilight in particular was curious, but would wait to be alone with Applejack to ask.

"and that brings us to today. While I was helping these two with their chores. Fire suddenly showed up in my hind hoof and it engulfed the apple. It also made my kick stronger." Red Flame explained.

"It was really cool" Applebloom exclaimed happily.

"But also kinda confusing." Applejack added.

However Twilight's expression grew very excited and pulled Red Flame by the hoof over to one of the shelves in the right corner. Red Flame gasped at the sudden enthusiasm of the allicorn princess. Her purple magic aura covered a green book with the title Elemental Ponies on the cover of it. She eagerly opens up the book.

"Oh my gosh your an element Unicorn. Their supposed to be very along with element pegasi and element ponies." Twilight expressed wondrously.

"Hehe run that by me again please?" Red Flame chuckled amused.

"Yah we really don't know what ya'r talkin about." Applejack added.

Red Flame is then showed the book and it explains how these types of ponies are special types that are born with a specific magical element that they can control. Their very rare now and though it is rumored there are some cities of these ponies still around, their incredibly difficult to find now.

"This book was made by Starswirl the bearded himself, so I always hoped they would turn out to be real." Twilight finished happily.

"So I'm an Element Unicorn, and can create fire?" Red Flame asked

"Not just create it, but mold it and form it into a weapon."

Red Flame blinked a bit as he pondered this, then realized what the swords on his mark could be. Still he needed to get a handle of this first before attempting his theory. He wondered how he would be able to practice, he didn't want to hurt any pony with this.

"You should test this out." Starlight suggested.

"Yeah but how?" Red Flame asked.

"I can help you with that, if your worried about hurting some pony. I'm actually fireproof, so it won't hurt me." Spike offered with a smile.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Positive."

Everypony but Applejack and Twilight leave the room with Spike leading every pony to a separate arena area that was in the castle. Twilight sat down at a small round table with her friend so they could talk about the adopted brother part.

"I'm sure you've thought this through right?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Of course ah have, and ah'm prepared for whatever happens if he get's his memories back." Applejack sighed.

"Well ok then, I'll help you make it offical then."

Twilight had a warm smile on her face as she said this. As a princess she could give a hoof to the process easily and was excited for this new dynamic in Applejack's life. The two stood up and walked out of the library to rejoin the others in the arena. In it was a big twenty foot long dirt field spread across the ground. Spike stood a few feet infront of Red Flame as he thought about when he made the fire before.

"Maybe if you remember how it felt you can spark something?" Starlight suggested.

Red Flame nodded at this, he remembered in addition to feeling heat around his hoof. Also that it happened when he was so focused on a specific goal such as kicking the apple. Deciding to go with that, he holds out his left hoof and focuses on creating a fireball. For a few minutes he manages to ignite a few small flames but nothing passed that, but finally a ball of fire formed floating above his hoof. Seeing and feeling this made a really big smile spread across his face as he accomplishes this.

"I did it, I actually did it. This is Awesome" Red Flame shouted in excitement.

"Way to go Red Flame." Applebloom cheered.

"Yeah awesome, now let's see your aim." Spike taunted playfully.

Accepting the challenge from this, he bounces the fireball a bit then throws it towards Spike. It hits right in the chest, but as he said it didn't hurt him a bit. Infact it was the opposite feeling for him, it got him to giggle cutely as it made contact. Then his eyes widen when he realizes he just let Red Flame know about his secret.

"Oh so fire actually tickles you huh?" Red Flame smirked mischievously.

"U-um no it was just r-really funny feeling." Spike lied excitedly but nervously.

"You shouldn't lie Spike."

Red Flame focused on his thoughts again this time all around him. Two minutes and four flames begin forming around him, shaping into cuffs. With a smirk he hurled two at Spike. The dragon instantly jumped and took off running down the field, another shot at him from above and he had to roll off to the side to avoid it. Then pull his feet up when another try to lock around his ankles.

"I'll get you Spike." Red Flame taunted playfully.

"Not a chance buddy." Spike smirked back.

Red Flame thinks for a second and then comes up with a plan.The flame cuff hovering above him dives down towards his wrists attempting to catch them. Spike's eyes widen before sitting up to dodge it. However two suddenly locked around his ankles, he gasps and glances down at them with a nervous smile. They hoist him up into the air dangling him upside down as Red Flame walks up to him.

"The first one was a distraction?" Spike guessed.

"Yep so you focused on the wrong one and gave me an opening." Red Flame explained rather proudly.

"Oh wow that was pretty smart." Starlight smiled impressively.

After the other two flame cuffs lock around the wrists so now Spike is in an upside down x-position. The next thing Red Flame did was form two flame tentacles coming out of the ground, aimed at the belly touching it to make it tremble. All the while he has a big grin on his face as Spike pulls on the flame cuffs reflexively. Twilight and Applejack had come in at this point and chuckled at the sight.

"You don't have the guts." Spike smirked.

"Oh I think you do." Red Flame grinned.

The fiery tentacles began to swish along the helpless belly of the dragon. Extracting really adorable laughter out of Spike as he pulled on the restraints. The belly jiggled around underneath, however it was natural sounding assuring that he was cool with this. As the torture kept going Red Flame decided to create more to use.

Two more flames appear near the dragon's vulnerable armpits, they shaped into feathers touching the spots to make Spike even more nervous. Applebloom adored this and wanted to get in on it as well. She walked up the stairs out of the room as the fire feathers begin their attack. Swishing along the helpless pits and getting his laughter to shoot up higher. His body writhed to the sides at times.

"OHOHOHOHOHOHO PLEHEEHEHEHEHHEASE HAHAAHAVE MERCY" Spike begged cutely.

"Aww is the tough dragon really ticklish?" Red Flame teased playfully.

Applebloom soon returned holding a broom in her teeth, getting infront of the dragon she begins to sweep it all along the round belly thus increasing his laughter shot up stronger and stronger also got him thrashing even faster. The two ponies chuckle as they have fun with the dragon as do the others.

"Well at least it seems Red Flame and Spike are getting along great." Twilight smiled.

"Yeah he really is a sweet kid." Starlight added.

"That gives me an idea." Applejack smiled.

Applejack walked over to Red Flame as he and Applebloom finally give Spike a break after going for an hour. The dragon hung limply while taking in really deep breathes, belly heaving up and down adorably fast as a result of it which was fun to watch for his two ticklers. Applejack get's up to the right side of Red Flame.

"We need to get the paper work started for ya'r adoption, so while ah'm doing that why don't you meet with mah other friends. Ya'r getting along great with the others so far." Applejack suggested.

"Hehe yeah that sounds good, I want to play with Spike some more first though." Red Flame chuckled.

"u-um y-you know you y-you d-don't have to kee-ep doing thIHIHIHIHIIHIHHIHIS OH NO "Spike began before dissolving into laughter.

The tentacles resume their attack on the belly as did the flame feathers for the pits, Applebloom's broom swept right on the center this time as the dragon arched his back further outward while his laughter was extracted.

"Aww but then I'd miss this adorable laughter." Red Flame chuckled

To be continued

Author's Note:

My hope is to get Red Flame introduced to all of the main charachters by the end of chapter five. Anyways now we learn more about Red Flame's cutie mark and his powers.