• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 1,076 Views, 6 Comments

The Lost Lunar Civilzation: The Awakening - Monsoon



Did you ever hear about the Lunar Ponies? In Equestria nopony because they vanished a thousand year ago with Nightmare Moon. Princess Luna returned but the Lunar Ponies not. What happened with them? Well it’s time to find out.

  • ...
 6
 1,076

Chapter 6 - Back to Canterlot

In the morning, we reached the borders and we headed to Canterlot. I couldn't sleep last night so I made the report to Princess Celestia. I lied. The only report which was true laying front of me.

I think I will give it to the Captain and maybe we can do something together with this case. I can’t get through about what happened back in there. Great now I have another problem on my list. You didn’t get enough reason to lie everypony else around you, here there’s another one.

I made the reports but I didn’t figure out what should I say to the Princess about Twilight. She will know I get the artifact. Fortunately, they won’t feel the medallion magic because it’s in that box which Moonlight took out first. I think that box somehow block the Lumen magical aura.

‘Knock, knock’

“Enter” – a brown stallion entered my cabin. – “Yes?”

“Sir we reached Canterlot and we will land about 10 minutes.”

“Thanks. Dismissed.” – He was one of the crewmember in this ship. He left the room and a few moments after I left either. I went to the bridge and thanked the Renegade captain that brought us back to Equestria. Then we landed and I was the first who stepped out to.

We faced nine ponies. In the middle stood Princess Celestia. On her right side stood Applejack, Rarity,three other mares and a baby dragon. On her left side stood the Captain Shining Armor and the three main EUP officer.

“It’s good to see you again my sister.” – said Princess Celestia while she hugged Luna. Then she looked to me. – “Welcome back Lieutenant. I hope I will get your report in a few days.”

“Yes, Your Highness.” – I bowed to her. Twilight was enjoying her hugs from her friends. Princess Celestia tried to speak with the thestrals but they were scared even if they are the diplomats from the Lunar Kingdom. I moved with Spitfire to the officers.

“So, you survived. I didn’t expect that.” – Shining Armor said to us.

“Yes, and it’s good to be home again.”

“Yeah I want to go get some shower and to have something normal to eat.” – said Spitfire

“Tonight, we will eat with the Princesses so your wishes will come true Spitfire.” – Well finally I get some good food and wine. Something poked my hindleg and I immediately looked there.

“Yes?” – it was that baby dragon.

“Er…Sir…are you Monsoon Shine?”

“Yes I am. What can I do for you?”

“They want to speak with you.” – he pointed to Twilight and her friends. I nodded and followed him.

“Hey Monsoon.” – Applejack suddenly appeared front of me and hugged me.

“Hey Applejack” – then Rarity greeted me with a hug. After that I stood front of the other three mares.

“Girls I want to meet one of our lifelong friend Monsoon Shine. Monsoon Shine this is Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

“Hi, I'm Rainbow Dash best flier in Equestria. – She has a blue coat with rainbow mane so her name reflected to her appearance and I sense some ego there.

“Hi I’m Fluttershy. – She said it in a low tone. She has a yellow coat with pink mane.

“Hi, my name is Pinkie Pie.” – She said that with bouncing around me. She has a pink coat and pink mane. Well her name wasn’t a lie either.

“And this is my first assistant Spike” – Twilight gestured the little dragon who stands next to her.

“You brought back Twilight in one piece. Thanks” – said Applejack

“Well I always do my best but I must go now. We will speak at the dinner. Bye and nice to meet you.” – they waved her hoofs and said bye to me. I wanted to speak with them but firstly I have a meeting with the council and secondly, I need a shower badly.

-------------

“So your report said our soldiers attacked you back in the….Lunar Kingdom? – She wasn’t unsure to say that two words out loud but I wrote that in my report.

“Yes, they wearied our armor and Sargent Drawn Impact lead them.” – I sat in the meeting room with the EUP officers, Shining Armor and Spitfire. They tried to figure out what happened from our reports, of course we left some details out of it. Example they were just EUP soldiers.

“How many soldiers we lost? Included with the traitors.”

I know the number but it’s hard to say it. – “Twenty-Two Ma’am.”

“So, what can we say about this mission? We have traitors in the army and we lost a lot of pony there. “– she stood up from the table. – “I had my doubts about this mission but I agreed with the Princesses and I sent you there. I thought that will be just an escorting mission but apperentaly it was a messy bloodbath. You’re a good soldier Lieutenant but you failed in this mission. You went there and brought back death, fear and hate.

“Ma’am they were after Princess Luna and the thestrals delegation. But they attacked my team and the airship crew. If we didn’t act they were dead and we never come back to Equestria. We defended them as we promised it. That was our mission."

“I know but that’s not excuse the fact, we have to deal with them now. Dismissed Lieutenant.” – I saluted and left the room. Well that was bad. Really bad. Sometimes I wonder my mother had these feelings back when she sat at the captain chair in the wonderbolt. Honestly, I don’t know how should I feel. Anger? Guilty? At least I can have my last dinner tonight.

-------------

I think I’m in the haven now. Dinner table was full of vegetable and fruit dishes and pancakes but I don’t really care about that. Wines, ciders, whiskey and cognac. Now that’s what are we talking about.

At the table I sat between Dark Song and Twilight. Dark Song was just sniffing an orange on her plate. In the other side Twilight ate a lot and I sat in the middle with my whiskey.

“It’s called orange Dark and it tastes sweet.”

She looked to me. – “Thanks, it has better smell than what are we eating.”

“Why what do you usually eat?” – I already regretted to ask

“Fish, oat and berries.”

“Wait fish?!” – asked Twilight. Yes, I regretted it

“Twily it’s not so rare when a pegasi eats fish” – said Rainbow Dash.

“It’s true I hear about that from Spitfire. At first, I thought she was joking about it but after that when I saw her once eat a big carp, I didn’t have any doubt after that. “– I agreed with Rainbow Dash’s statement.

“Hold on! You saw her when she ate a fish?” – asked from Rainbow

I nodded. – “That was the most disgusted day in my life. That happened after a year when I met her in the academy.” – I explained to her.

“OH.MY.GOD.” – oh, oh – “You have to tell me about everything how you met with Spitfire.” – I looked to Applejack to get some help.

“And his mom was the captain of the wonderbolts before Spitfire.” – said Applejack. Thanks for your help.

“No way dude!”

“And I suppose you hear about his brother Winter Shine. – Rarity continued. Rainbow Dash jaws dropped. She just glared me.

“Look Rainbow Dash if you will be in Canterlot again, come to my office and I will explain everything.”
“You can be sure about that” – finally she said.

“Do you fear about dying in battle?” asked from Fluttershy. I didn’t expect that and I think nopony else in the room.
“Well…. I don’t know how to say to you.” – I rub my head. – “In the army, we always say why do we want to die. Duty. Ponies. Honor. We say these because we want to disguise our fear from death. Am I fearing from death? Yes, always but what most pony says we will die for honor.” - Everypony in the table looks elsewhere or tried to do something. I need to change the topic. – “Applejack how is the orchard?”

“We had a good apple bucking season and we made a lot of ciders. Big Mac is doing well I suppose and Applebloom is growing bigger in each year.”

“I haven’t seen Applebloom since a few years now.”

“You saw her last when she was born.”

“Uh… that explain everything. Maybe after this I can go down to Ponyville for a few days.”

“That will be wonderful idea Monsoon.” – said Rarity.

“And Rarity your boutique is still going?”

“Yes, it is and I have a lot of task with it. I got orders from all Equestria to make a new dress.”

“And what about Sweetie Belle?”

“She’s doing okay and she is in the same age as Applebloom.”

“So, I guess I wasn’t in Ponyville for a while.” – I drank my third glass of whiskey.

“Do you drink a lot Monsoon?” – Dark Song asked. Most of them looked to me.

“I use one of my father’s methods.”

“And what is it?”

“Drink as many as you can because you never know what will happen tomorrow or tonight.” – I said. I didn’t care the Princesses will hear it.

“So, do you drink in duty Monsoon Shine?” – asked Princess Celestia.

“No, never Your Highness.”

“You can just call me Princess or Celestia in dinners.” – she smiled at me. Yeah, I waited for that smile. She always did that in the council and most of public places. I nodded to her.

“I thought the Captain will join us.”

“He has some things to attend so he can’t join us.” – Well that’s weird.

The dinner went well about another hour then the Princess Celestia called for a night and Princess Luna went to the observatory. Me the girls and Dark Song left there so I suggested to go one of the living room in the palace.

Firstly, I didn’t want to risk panic in the streets when they see Dark Song. Secondly, I was so drunk I didn’t care about it. Thirdly the guards won’t bother us and there will be a liquor cabinet.

We settled down and I pour out myself and others some liquor.

“So, what’s your story Dark Song?”

“Applejack you don’t think it’s too early to ask about her life?” – I asked

“Nope”

“Nothing happened Monsoon but I felt a little bit uncomfortable for a moment.”

I moved and sat next to her. – “Okay then if you want you can share with us your story.”

She sighs – “I was born in Oakhaven and I was the first foal in the family. My father always said to me he chose my name because he always could remember his little song which brought happiness to his life.” – I didn’t have to look around because I know what everypony thought about this. That was cute. – “After that my brothers born and he chose the warriors path. He learned everything from our father. I tried to study and learn more about our magic and culture.”

“Can I ask something?”

“S-Sure.”

“When I spoke to your father he called himself the XII. Moonlight Moor in the family but your brother name was…was….Shadow Fang?”

“Yes, I understand. He is the XIII. Moonlight Moor in the family but he wanted another name. A heroic name which the history will remember it.”

“Why? Does he want to conquer or something like that?” – Rainbow asked.

“Actually….yes.” – I wasn’t surprised at all. I saw him once and I didn’t like that.

“Does your brother have some conflict with your father?”

“Yes, as I said my brother wants to conquer and expand our territory. He wants to recover and make a big strong kingdom.”

“I think we should call it for a night.” – I said. I know we just came here but I forgot they will go to Ponyville in the early morning.

“Why Monsoon? The party isn’t over yet.” – said Pinkie Pie.

“Because you will go home early. Oh and I almost forget. Dark Song if you willing to go with Twilight to Ponyville you can. I spoke with the Princesses and they agreed but just you only.”

“Thank you, Monsoon but what about the other?”

“They will be here in Canterlot. Don’t worry they will be alright.” – I smiled to her.

“Okay then we should hit the hay ponies.” – Applejack said and they headed to their guest rooms. I just directed myself to the barrack.

-------------

Knock, knock. – They don’t allow to sleep to much even if that your day off. – Knock, knock. – I just try to ignore. Maybe it will go away.

“Sir you must wake up now!”

“For Celestia’s sake. Why?” – I slowly opened my eyes and stood up from my bed.

“Sir you must be hurry up! – I opened the door and revealed White Lance in front of me.

“What is it White?”

“I got you two news Sir. First Princess Celestia wants to meet with you immediately and secondly a shield appeared suddenly around Canterlot.”

“What?!”

“We don’t know what’s happening either Sir.

“Where is Lieutenant Mighty Strike or Lieutenant Stream Force?”

“We don’t know Sir?” – I don’t have a good feeling about this. That’s one thing when you see a big bubble shield around Canterlot but when the other co-commanders missing from the guard then we have a problem.

“You know I had a day off today but I have to forget about it.”

“I’m sorry Sir. I had to but the Captain sent me here.”

“Okay thanks White. I will gear up and I will be there about 20 minutes.”

“Alright.” – then he trotted away. I put on my armor and I took my sword from the closet. I don’t know why was my sword in the closet but I didn’t have time to think about it. I must go and see Princess Celestia.

I was in front of Princess Celestia bed chamber door and two guards stood in front of them. They were new because I didn’t recognize any of them. They saluted and let me in the bed chambers. I think I never was in the Princess bed chambers but it was huge. It was so bright everything. The bed, the doors and the pillows was red.

“Good Morning, Monsoon Shine.” – she was in the balcony. Why am I feeling I’m in a big trouble now?

I bowed to her. – “Good morning, Your Highness.”

“Do you have any guess why am I summoned you in your day off?”

“No Princess, I don’t”

“I thought so. Monsoon you gave me a half report from your expedition.”

“What do you mean by that Princess?”

“I mean you lied to me Monsoon. I’m not a foolish princess. I know you brought the Lumen from the Lunar Kingdom and I also know it carried by Dark Song. So why did you do this?”

“Can I be honest, Your Highness?” – she nodded – “I did it on purpose. You lied to me first about Twilight then your intents with the medallion.”

“Yes, you’re right I didn’t tell you because you can’t understand and neither Twilight. You aren’t a foolish pony either Monsoon. Moonlight told you to not give me the Lumen, right?” - I nodded. – “You risked a lot and you allowed Dark Song roaming in Ponyville.”

“Because I didn’t want the Lumen here and Moonlight just warned me. But why do you want it? Back in the forest they said I just a pawn in this game but you know what? I’m not and you should realize this better or later. Shall I go now?"

“How dare you to speak with me like that? You can’t understand because you just-“

“A unicorn, a guard or just a normal pony?!” – What is happening with me. I always be patient and calm but what happened in here. I totally screwed up now. She will get me to dungeon for treason. She didn’t say anything after this. I tried to sneak out before she will do something reckless.

Then she looked to me and sighs. – “I wanted the Lumen because I wanted to help on my sister.”

“Why? She looks normal to me.”

“Maybe you and the others eyes yes but in my no. She always speaks herself in plural form and before her banishments she spoke herself in front of the mirror.”

“That’s not mean she is evil.”

“I thought that either but one night she came to the throne room as Nightmare Moon.” – somehow, I moved to next to her on the balcony and I watched with her the purple bubble shield. – “The Lumen can be use in two different ways. It can give you magical power and make you immortal.”

“Or?”

“Or it can drain all of your magical power from you. I know Nightmare Moon is still in her and I have to get rid of her to get back my sister fully.”

“Wait so you want to drain all of the magical power from your sister? What will happen with the moon and your sister? She will be furious.”

“Yes, but safe.”

“Princess allow me to help you. I can’t give you the Lumen not after this but I will help you cleanse Nightmare Moon from your sister.”

“How so? You’re just a soldier and the unicorns back in my school can’t solve it. How could you solve this problem?”

“Firstly, your correct I am a soldier and your sister trusts me. Secondly, I made some friends back in the Lunar Kingdom and in Equestria too. We will study the Lumen and we help on your sister. “

“Thank you, Monsoon. It wasn’t the worst thing to sent you that expedition after all.” – she smiled at me.

“Princess I don’t want to be rude but why are we on full alert?”

“Joyous days will come to Canterlot. We will keep a royal wedding in the palace.”

“A royal wedding?”

“Captain Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza marriage.”

“Sorry but I thought we have only just three Princesses.”

She giggled – “You know her with another name Princess Cadence.”

“Then I suppose I have to meet with the Captain.”

“Yes, you should. Good bye Monsoon.

“Good bye Princess” – I moved out from the bed chambers. Well I got another problem to my list.

-------------

I sat in Shining Armor’s office with the other two lieutenants. Mighty Strike was a brown coated pegasus with a light brown mand and Stream Force was a green coated earth pony with black mane. We sat there waiting for the captain.

“So, anyone knows why are we here and on full alert?” – asked Mighty Strike

“Nope” – Stream Force said and I just shook my head even if I know why are we on full alert.

“Monsoon the guys in the barracks said you had a good night yesterday.” – Stream Force grinned to me

“Yeah and today I had a day off but as you see I’m here.”

“Oh, and what was your plan today?”

“I wanted to relax and study some magic.”

“With the mares, back from the dinner. I know how to use that magic very well.”

I rolled my eyes. – “No, I didn’t mean that. I wanted to study some unicorn magic.”

“Don’t you feel better yourself because you’re a unicorn who can use magic and better with mares.”

“Sorry for I can’t use your earth pony magic and I’m not so charming as you are.”

“The second part was true but did you just said I’m a farmer?” – Mighty Strike started laugh.

“No I didn’t say anyth-“

“Because your damn right I’m a farmer and a warrior.”

“Say Stream how did you become a lieutenant in the guard?” – I asked

“I don’t know it was a rough day but I’m here.”

“Are you finished the laughing?”

“Yeah… I finished.” – suddenly the office door opened and revealed the captain. We stood up and saluted to him. He went to his desk and sat down.

“As you see we are on full alert because we going to hold a big event. My marriage.”

“Congratulation cap. Who’s the lucky one?”

“Princess Mi Amore Cadenza or just simply Princess Cadence. So, we had a lot things to do. Mighty Strike you going to be in the perimeter of Canterlot and help the city guards. Stream Force you will be defend the Palace. Monsoon Shine you going to be Princess Cadence personal guard. Dismissed”

Everypony saluted and went out except me. – “Yes Monsoon?”

“Sir why am I guarding the princess?”

“Because you’re the only one who I can trust one-hundred percent. I know it’s not the best job for these days but you’re the best pony for this job.”

I sighs – “I can do much more on this wedding but I will do it Sir.”

“Thanks Monsoon I owe you one.”

“But Sir your sister just arrived to Ponyville. She has to come back now.”

“Damn it. Never mind I will send a letter with Princess Celestia and they have a main role in the wedding.”
“Of course, like everypony else. Where is Princess Cadence Sir?”

“She’s in my house.”

“Then I shall go Sir.” – I saluted and left the room to the city.

Everypony running somewhere to complete his or her task. This wedding came out from nowhere again and the timing was perfect. Maybe I just unlucky or my fate hate me so much. I arrived at the courtyard and stood front of the captain house. I knocked on the door.

“Come in.” – I entered and I bowed to Princess Cadence. I hear about news about Princess Celestia adopted niece but I never thought to meet her in personally. – “So, what brings you here guard?” – well she is a little bit harsh.

“Your Majesty I will be your personal guard during the wedding.”

“Oh, I see my love sent some special protection to me. What’s your name guard?”

“Lieutenant Monsoon Shine at your service, Your Majesty.”

“Good now come with me we have a lot things to do before the wedding.”

“As your command, Your Majesty.” – she was a little bit harsh but I think she was just nervous about the wedding. Well I’m stuck in her side to days so where she goes I must go with her. Next time I won’t open my door on my day off.