• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 1,076 Views, 6 Comments

The Lost Lunar Civilzation: The Awakening - Monsoon



Did you ever hear about the Lunar Ponies? In Equestria nopony because they vanished a thousand year ago with Nightmare Moon. Princess Luna returned but the Lunar Ponies not. What happened with them? Well it’s time to find out.

  • ...
 6
 1,076

Chapter 4 - Oakhaven

We start to move to the town which is called Oakhaven. I was surprised when I first heard that name. Anyway, I lost my sense of time because it’s hard to see through the foliage but I think it’s going to dark soon. An hour we reached the town. We move along next to the mountain but I hardly believed when the town itself settled most in the mountain and a few houses built outside.

“Welcome to Oakhaven.” – said Moonlight.

We trot in the main street and it looked like just as in Ponyville but a little bit crowded. In the end of the street has a palace. The town really looks like any other modern Equestrian town. We enter the main gate then we stop moving.

“Monsoon Shine just you can come inside with us. The rest of your team wait here and we will give them food, water and treat everypony injures.”

I nod them than I trot in the palace. The main hall was large and so familiar except the darker stone. They lead me to a big room like the throne room in the Ca-… I know now why everything here was so familiar. This is the full copy of the Canterlot castle. So, I’m standing in the ‘throne room’ which hasn’t got any throne it. In the middle of the room has a big circle table where a lot of thestrals sitting. Moonlight move to the table and sit down next to the other thestrals.

“Everypony I want to introduce you Lieutenant Monsoon Shine who came from Equestria to find us. Why are you wanted to find the Lunar Ponies?”

“Because I got an order from Princess Luna. Our mission was simple. Find the Lunar Ponies and convince them to come back to Equestria.”

Everyone start to murmur something in the room. – “I see and I’m terribly sorry what happened back in your camp. We won’t attack first if it’s not necessary. We will help you and your team with everything.”

“But?”

He sighs – “We know you came here with Luna. We want her to be with us again. With her chosen ponies. We want to help her to take the throne again.”

“Wait what throne?”

“The Equestrian throne of course.”

“Whoa you are not serious, right? – He shakes his head. – “You know she doesn't want the throne again. She regrets it what happened in the past and she is now a co-ruler with Princess Celestia.” – I have to change the topic. - “May I ask a question?”

“Of course.”

“When I was back in our field camp at the cave I didn’t see anypony around. The equipment was untouched and it looked like they just simply vanished. When you arrived there before us did you see any pony around the cave?”

He looked down Dark Song if I heard correctly. – “No, we didn’t.” – she said.

“In that case, we willing to offer our help to find your ponies. How many pony was there?”

“Twenty-seven.”

“Excuse me?”

“Twenty-seven pony vanished there.”

“Grace of the moon. If that’s true we have bigger problem than what we thought.”

They start to argue with each other than Moonlight stands up and stomp his hoof to the table. – “I think it’s enough for today we will discuss this matter tomorrow morning. Dark Song can you escort Monsoon Shine back to his team

“Yes”

“Then good night Lieutenant.”

I nod to him then we trot out the palace and head back to my squad

------------------

We move for awhile in the main street. Sometimes I really hate the silence because I stuck with my thoughts so I broke the silence. – “How did you build a city and keep it hidden so long?”

“It’s not so hard in this wilderness.” – she said with a flat tone.

“Well most of the equipment are from the gryphons or from us and this town feels like Canterlot or Ponyville back in Equestria. So, the question is still on how did you keep it hidden or got the other stuff?”

“What did you think we stayed in the darkness for a thousand years?”

“Yeah kind of.” – she rolled her eyes. – “But at least it’s better than I thought. Anyway, I hope you don’t mad at me for the incident at the cave.”

“Nah I know I won that.”

“Hah I held my sword to your throat but your bloodthirsty friend interrupted.”

“He isn’t my friend. He is my brother.”

I stare at her for a moment. – “Wait what? Is he really your brother?” – she nods and we reach the house where I will be staying for the night. If he really her brother where is he right now. – “Where is he?He is on a patrol at the southern territory. He is really sensitive some times.“ - That's not the word I would call his behaviour.

"But I was right, he is bloodthirsty. By the way I got thought about from blood. Are you really- “

“No, we don’t but it wasn’t very polite you know.”

I sighs - “I know I’m sorry but I want something to distract me from my …. problems.”

She chuckles - “And you thought my fangs will distract you?”

“Well yeah but I have another question.”

“Go on”

“Why Oakhaven?”

“Isn’t that obvious?” – I shook my head. – “We are surrounded by oak trees and it has protected us for a thousand years.”

I rub my chin with my hoof. – “I guess that explains.”

She giggled - “Goodnight Monsoon Shine.”

“Goodnight you too Dark Song” – then she left the door

I move inside and trot to my room. I got some reports my team. The thestrals treated them well and Corporal Sandy Blade will recover in few days. I have a lot thoughts in my head. Firstly, the Luna and the thestral problem. Secondly the ponies which just vanished to nowhere. The worst thing is Moonlight and the others scared what happened there. I felt it there. My hooves are stuck and I can’t do anything. Half of the team are vanished. Luna, Twilight, Spitfire and Defiant are somewhere in the jungle. This mission is a catastrophe. Hope, that’s the only thing I left for now. I try to rest a few hours before I meet with Moonlight again.

///////////////////////

I’m standing in the middle of Canterlot. In the left side, there is a café and the right side is a bookstore. I like that coffee shop because they do the best coffee in Equestria. I sat down to one of the tables outside. I don’t see anypony in the street and it’s weird because it’s always be full at this time. What happened in here? I start to sweat because I fear something really bad happened here. I don’t like it.

“MONSOON SHINE!” – I fall to the ground. I roll back to my hooves and snap my face to the voice. To my surprise a night-blue coated alicorn come down from the sky.

“P-Princess Luna? Is it really you?”

“Yes, it is me.”

“Am I dreaming?”

“Yes, you are that is why I can speak with you. It is called dream magic and I have not done for a quite time but I had to contact you.”

I just glare at her. – “So, get me to this straight. You can enter my or any other pony dreams just like that.” – She nods – “I definitely have nightmares after this”.

“AS LONG AS I AM HERE YOU WILL NOT HAVE NIGHTMARES!” – She spread her wings out and stand on her hind legs.

I fall back to my back again. I stand up and face with Luna again. - “I didn’t mean it seriously.” - I sigh – “Nevermind. Where are you Princess?”

“We fortified ourselves in the cave after you left with the thestrals. Captain Spitfire and Private Helbard gathered the supplies but Twilight Sparkle has got a terrible fever. I tried to use healing spells but it just lowered the fever. We need a medic or a cure fast. She will not survive until then the airship come back to bring us home.” – She was frightened. I think I see her in this state first time.

I know surely the thestrals has the cure but if they see Princess Luna we will have a lot of problems with them. In the other hoof, I can’t let Twilight die. I must choose the first option so I have to take a huge gambling here. – “Princess I’m in Oakhaven the thestral town. I will meet Moonlight the Lunar Ponies leader tomorrow morning. I try to convince them to take care of Twilight and I hope they have the cure for the illness. Be cautious in the cave because the support team vanished there and the thestrals scared what happened with them. If everything goes according to the plan we will meet at tomorrow noon.”

She nods and she left me there. This was my weirdest dream meeting ever but I can’t say I had more before.

///////////////////////

At the morning, the meeting with Moonlight went well as I expected. Fortunately, they have the medicine for Twilight and they agreed they will help us. Moonlight gave me two squad thestrals leading them by Dark Song. I gathered up White Lance, Frost Wing and Soarin to my squad.

We reached the cave entrance and it’s barricaded with wooden piles. – “SPITFIRE! THE RESCUE TEAM IS HERE!” – I shout to the barricade. Suddenly Spitfire face appear on top of the barricade.

“Finally, Monsoon. I almost lost my faith in you.” – They start to remove the fortification from the entrance. – “Twilight state is getting worse we need to hurry.”

We move in to the cave where I find Luna with Twilight. Twilight just lay next to Luna and her body is twitches. Frost Wing immediately start to stabilize her. Moonlight gave him the medicine before we left Oakhaven. Behind my back Dark Song is kneeling with the other thestrals in front of Princess Luna.

Luna move and stand in front of Dark Song – “Get up! All of you.” – She said and they do it. – “What is your name?”

“Dark Song my queen.” – she glares at her.

“Queen?” – then Luna look at me. I just shake my head.

“Princess Luna I will say everything back on the road to Oakhaven but we have to move out from here.”

“Sir?” – Frost Wing stands next to me.

“Yes?”

“We stabilized her and we ready to go back to Oakhaven.”

“Okay move out ponies!”

In the way, back to the town I described our situation to Princess Luna and how the thestrals look at her.

“You don’t want to say to me the Lunar Ponies look to her like a queen and they want to claim the Equestrian throne for Princess Luna” – Spitfire blurted out.

“In short, yes indeed.”

“This is ridiculous.” – then she looks to the Princess. I know that feel what Spitfire feeling now. In this situation, I wouldn’t believe myself or anypony in here. Luna didn’t say a single word when I described to her. I think this information shocked her. This reminds her that pony who never want to be again.

“Princess are you okay?”

“Yes, yes I am. I just… I just thought about something.”

“Princess I know how you fe-“

“I SAID I AM FINE.” – she obviously used the Royal Canterlot Voice to me again. – “Sorry, just leave me. “– then she trots front of Soarin and White Lance.

“I should have known, that will be happen.”

“Yes, you should and you know just as I am. This is insane Monsoon.”

“You’re not helping Spitfire. I just hope the griffons didn’t hear the Princess.” – I sigh

“What are you thinking?”

“Do you think I was the best choice to lead this mission?”

She looks to the ground then back at me. – “Yes, you were. I can’t think any other commander to this mission. We lost a few ponies and some of them vanished. This mission is already a failure but that was not your fault. Right now, we must survive and you have to guide us back to home.” – she smiles at me.

“Thanks, I have to hear that.” – I smile back at her.

“So, you know anything about the ponies who vanished in the cave.”

“Nothing yet. They didn’t say anything in this morning about them. I think when we return with Princess Luna they will say it.” – at least that’s what I think they will do.

-----------------------

We’re back at the meeting room with the leaders of the Lunar Kingdom. Yeah that’s how they name ourselves after Princess Luna return. I just realized now Moonlight the main leader or governor. The others are from the army or the religious groups.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you again my queen.”- Moonlight said.

“I am not your queen. I am one of the Princesses of Equestria. So, call me Princess Luna.

“Anything for you my quee-… princess.”

“I heard what are you intended to do and I won’t claim the other half of the throne from my sister. I regret it what I have done but I need all of you again. I want to come back with us to Equestria. I know my sister forced you out from there but Equestria needs you. I want back my chosen ponies.” – she has a few tears in her eyes but she remained serious.

“That’s an honor to move back to Equestria but we settled here in the North Griffon Empire.”

“I know it will be hard to move out from here but you cannot stay here. The griffons will find you and they will burn up your home. We can not save you then.”

“We’ve battled the griffons for 35 years now. I don’t think they will find us now but I have an idea. We will send a delegation to Equestria, to see how the pony’s opinion changed after a thousand year.”

Princess Luna think about it and I step to next her. – “Princess I think this is an acceptable offer. After that we can talk to them about this situation.”

She looks to the ground for a few moments after that she looks back to Moonlight. – “We accept it.”

“Splendid. I close this meeting today. Princess we have a special room for you tonight.”

“I want to stay with my guards tonight if it is not a big problem for you Moonlight.”

“Of course not, my princess.”

We all went back to our quarters except me because I head to the hospital.

--------------------

I sit front of the room which is held Twilight. Frost Wing and the other thestral medic try to stabilize her. Suddenly the rooms door fling open and Frost Wing come through it.

“So, how is she?” – I asked.

“Well we stabilized her and I just hope she will be okay.”

“That’s go-.. wait you just hope?!”

“Yes, I didn’t recognize any other plant derivative in her body but I don’t know the medicine after effects. There may be a latent virus in her and it can be mutating with the medicine. The problem is I don’t have the right equipment tp test it. The thestrals almost have everything like a hospital back in Canterlot but example for these tests not everything. We can tell more tomorrow about her state. “

“Can I go in?”

“Yes, I think you can go in.”

“Go and rest a little bit doc. I will guard her tonight so don’t worry.” – I pat him on the shoulders.

“Yeah I need some sleeping. Goodnight sir.”

“Goodnight Frost Wing.” – then he left the hospital and I enter the room.

She lies on the hospital bed. I found a pillow so I sit down next to the bed. She’s sleeping. I try to understand her. Why is she wanted to come on this mission? She knew very well what would be happen so why? This has been way above her strength. She’s a strong mare.

“Why are you here Twilight? What do you want to prove with this? You know you should have stay with your books and your friends back at Ponyville but you don’t. It wasn’t good enough. It was way too safe for you or what? You really should have stayed with the Friendship Reports but now you are lying in here and we try to keep alive you. You think now we are machines with no remorse. I almost gave up everything. I lost a lot of ponies here. I almost killed everypony with my stubbornness. I sound so pathetic. I’m on the verge of collapse but I have to keep moving and stand up again and again. Don’t dare to die before we go home. I know you’re not in a life threating state but what Frost Wing said you could be.”

I think I already lost my sanity. I talk to her like she can answer back. Well at least that wasn’t a bad monolog from me. Tomorrow we will really go back home.