• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 1,076 Views, 6 Comments

The Lost Lunar Civilzation: The Awakening - Monsoon



Did you ever hear about the Lunar Ponies? In Equestria nopony because they vanished a thousand year ago with Nightmare Moon. Princess Luna returned but the Lunar Ponies not. What happened with them? Well it’s time to find out.

  • ...
 6
 1,076

Chapter 12 - When everything falls

Sometimes you think through all your acts because you want to know you did right thing at that moment. Sometimes you trust the ponies who you shouldn’t. Sometimes you left alone to rot in the dungeons.

You don’t want to hear about that thoughts. These are traitorous thoughts which infest your mind. You shut your ears but you can’t resist. Few moments later you will realize something. You’re arguing with yourself and you try to escape from these walls.

If you think I’m getting insane, you might be right. Though I haven’t been here for a long time but this drives me crazy. Without hope, I gave up to getting out from here. The walls are thick and that cell door won’t open until you get a key for it. So that’s how it looks like from the other side of the cell.

I have so many things in my head right now. Firstly, the talk with my dad. I thought our first talk after all these years will be more happier than it was. He wasn’t the father which I knew and he was cold like a blizzard in the Frozen North. He was so desperately want to find Her and nopony will stand his way to achive it.

Who is Her and why are they want to find it? Is she a divine creature just like Princess Celestia or Princess Luna? Maybe she is a draconequus like Discord who made chaos in Canterlot last year. Well she’s mean a lot of them and they do anything to find Her.

On the other hoof, there were these Changelings. I can’t say for sure they are real or not. However White Lance was acting weird in these past few weeks so is he one of them? When we saw him in the forest the other called him a name which wasn’t a pony name nor griffin.

“So how do you like your luxury cell?” – Moonlight Moor voice echoed through the room.

“It could be much worse. What do you want?”

“You know your little companion with those wonderbolts are really a pain in my hoof. They are fighting and try to reach the castle but after our army’s defeat Canterlot, nothing can stop us!”

“We both know that’s impossible. You want to win a fight which is already lost.”

“Hmm I don’t think so. Maybe we know a few hidden passages into the city.”

“If you know these passages than why are you here?”

“Why? Why? Oh yes I know because I wanted to speak with you.” – Of course, you just want a talk and nothing more.

“I won’t tell you anything so don’t waste your time.”

He chuckled. – “Wasting my time? No, you never. Actually, you worth every second which I spend with you.” – That’s sounds creepier in each minute. – “How much did your father told you about our mission?”

“More than enough to stop you. You and Dark Song tricked me.”

“Tricked? No, we used you as a puppet just like we used Dark Song too.”

“What?! To treat your own daughter like that!

“She never was my daughter and she never will be. I’m just playing with you two all along." - He was going circles around my cell.- "May i ask you a question? Do you believe in anything? Maybe in the divine alicorns like everypony else?” - He waited a few moments before he continued. “Nothing. Nah come on you have to believe in something. I know that.”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Two immortal goddesses and they walk among us. One raises the sun and the other raise the moon. The ponies of Equestria divided because of them. Funny other creatures think the ponies will jump each other’s throat because they are different species. However, they are fighting because one prays to the Goddess of the Sun and the other prays to the Goddess of the Night. This led to the first Pony Civil War. They were battling until the EUP, Wonderbolts and the Royal Guard showed up. They did it because they wanted peace but do they believe in the sun or the moon? Or do they have faith?”

“For me they are not goddesses. They are rulers. Our rulers and they gave our ponies hope.” - I entered his little game. Maybe i can get out something from him.

“Oh, so loyalty then you believe. Your loyalty blinds you although it’s a quite important pillar for the guard. The Element of Loyalty. You know that’s one out of the six elements from The Elements of Harmony. If I know correctly that rainbow maned pegasus hold it. How did they call it? Rainbow Bash? Rainbow Crash or Rainbow Dash? Does it matter anyway because she will die with the others.”

“You can’t control them.”

“I don’t want to control them but it’s surely give us a lot advantages if I hold The Element of Magic.” – I stood up from the ground. – “You know I asked her the same question and she said, she considers them as a friend rather than gods or rulers.”

“If you do anything with her, you will regret the day-“

“Regret what? You can’t do anything to stop me. You are locked down in here. Besides it’s not my fault you don't have faith in anything. Do you know what I believe? A world where we will be the master race and the other will be our servants.”

“You are cruel. Maybe not me but the ponies will fight against the thestrals.”

Thestrals? I’m not a thestral.” – I looked into his eyes. It was pale blue. – “You don’t see, do you? They said you are the smartest pony from the academy. Connect the dots Monsoon Shine and you will see through the disguise.” – That was the moment when it hit me.

“You’re a changeling, aren’t you?”

“Finally, I gave you so much clue. Honestly, it was hard to find out, right?”

“You gave the hints to Princess Celestia and Luna about the thestrals. You were the ones who attacked us back in the forest. You were the ones who wanted to find Her so desperately so you searched somepony who figure out where is she. You really used us all and I was an idiot to not see that.”

“You are a master detective Mr.Shine! My mother so proud of me now. She will get Canterlot and the thestrals in the same time while they are slaying each other and nopony will go to help them.”

“You still don’t understand! You can’t take Canterlot and the army will aid us or capture back the city.”

“What do you think? If I fool the Goddess of the Night, do you think we won’t fool the equestrian army?”

“General Violet Mace…Is she a changeling too? How many changelings walks among us?!”

He gave me an evil smile. – “A lot. Like example your little sergeant White Lance.”- That explains his traitorous behavior. – “His task was to get in the guard, became a lieutenant and gain their trust. Unfortunately, they chose you so we had to change the plan.”

“In the right time he will lead us into a trap and take my place in the guard.”

“You are a smart pony after all Monsoon. Than we could march through the city and the palace and take what we want.”

“And what do you want?”

He changed himself to his true form. He had a horn which was bent and smaller than our horns. His wings were more insect-like wing than a pegasi one. Holes were on his legs and he had fangs just like the bat ponies. I’m not sure how to describe his mane and tail but it wasn’t the same as mine. His whole body was black. He looked like pony-bug mix which was a sin against the world.

“Do you know what the changelings eat?” – his voice changed too. It was a lot deeper then it was before.

“I can’t imagine but I hope not ponies.”

He chuckled. – “Well a few parts are true because we eat from the ponies but not their flesh. We eat their emotions but mostly their love.” – I don’t want to know what did he means about that. – “We can eat your emotions in three ways. With our fangs, with magic and when we just near the creature.” – If I had to guess the fangs would be the worst option for us.

“You and your kind is disgusting.” – He charged up his horn then he changed to an exact copy of me.

“Maybe but like it or not, that’s how we role.” – His voice sounded just like mine. – “We will make a feast upon the Canterlot battle. The main course will be you and the bat ponies.”

“You won’t get away with this!”

“The mighty city will fall and you say that, not me. – he winked at me and gave me that evil smile again. To see that on my face, freaks me out more than ever.

“Why didn’t you attack already?”

“Excuse me?”

“You said nopony will send aid to Canterlot and Princess Luna is enough power to make chaos so why didn’t you attack already?”

“Why should I tell you my plans? Anyway, you will figure it out sooner or later.” – he turned around. – “Or maybe you already figured it out, don’t you?” – He is just playing with me but he is right, I know. However, I want to hear that from his mouth. – “Oh well I want to keep them in one place. You know it’s easier for everyone.” - He changed his form back to Moonlight Moor.

“If I get out from here-“

“Which won’t happen because I make sure of it. I know you and your capabilities.”

“You don’t know me.”

“Then why are we still talking? I could end your misery right now. To take all of your emotions and love. To watch how you die minute by minute. Nopony will notice it just after when everything collapsed and we won.”

I gulped it. He wants to eat from me. I can’t do anything against it if he does it. These few seconds were one of my scariest few moments in my life. This was the first time when I was afraid what will happens next.

“Sir! Queen Luna request your presence at the throne room.” – It was another pony voice.

“Give me a minute then I go.” – he said to him then he looked deep into my eyes - “Remember this Monsoon Shine. The pony nation and the thestrals our main course. The other creatures just the dessert after your defeat. It was a really interesting talk but as you hear I have to go. See you soon.” – then he left the dungeons.

I sat down in the middle of the cell. He will destroy everything which we love and I will see it from here. I don’t know how should I continue after this.


-------------------------------------------


A puddle was in front of my cell door. It was lit by a torch from the other side wall and I could see the dungeons door from it. It only opened when one of them came down to give me food but mostly the door was closed.

The puddle was filled with the water which was dripping down from the ceiling. If you listened closely you could hear the symphony of the water drops. You can count the seconds between each drop. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Four seconds. Only four seconds.

The soldiers think their commanders plans through everything and knows every decision on the battlefield. That’s not true because we only think four seconds on the problem before we gave out our orders or we make decision.

What can we do in four seconds? Obviously not make a though choice but we are doing it anyway because we must. Just after the battle we are facing the result our four second decision.

My life in the guard was a lie. They led me and used me to achieve their little victory. One of my best friend was lie too. My rank, my four seconds decisions were lie too. It was all a lie and I believed them.

I heard the door opened and somepony stopped in front of my cell. Maybe it was feeding time and it came earlier. My ears perked up because a familiar click echoed through the cell. It was my ticket out from here. However, it could be the changelings so I still remained at the wall.

The pony or at least I hoped it was, throwed my sword next to me. Maybe they gave me a last time to fight against them before they eat from me. No, I won’t give them that entertainment so I still remained at the wall.

A black armor was landed next to me just like the same as my father wearing. That pony or changeling won’t give up that so easily. I will end this once and for all. Me or that creature but when I turned around the sight stunned me. I knew she’d be somewhere here but I didn’t know she will be the one who frees me.

She had an light green coat and red mane. She also wears a worn wonderbolt suit with a captain insignia. She waited for me to do anything but a few moments later she came inside grabbed my mane.

“Get up and put these on!” – she ordered. She let me go and I did as she said. I put on the armor and grabbed my sword. – “Good now come with me I will get out from here.”

We went out from the dungeons. I didn’t see any guard while we were escaping from there. Where are they? Maybe they find Her and killed Her with Princess Luna and the others. I’m not sure anything anymore.

She led me on of the castle corridor then we went inside a room. She made sure nopony followed us than locked the room.

“We have to be quick because they will notice you’ve gone from your cell. I will escort you to the gardens then-” – I didn’t know what was she talking about because still I couldn’t believe my eyes. She was the leader of the best flyers in Equestria before Spitfire and I know that from first hoof. I just stared at her. – “Monsoon are you listening to me?”

“I-I- “– Actually, I didn’t know what should I say.

“Monsoon you have to trust me or we both die.”

Not a single word came out from my mouth. I really don’t know how to react. I didn’t even know why I followed her from my cell. She trotted in front of me than she hugged me. It was comforting and with full of love. The only pony I know who could do that is my mother Helia. I returned it.

“I missed you so much.” – that was my first words to her.

“I know.” – she whispered back. A few minutes later we parted away – “We don’t have too much time to get out from here.”

“We can’t leave.” - I said.

“Monsoon you can’t be serious.”

“The changelings-“

“I know everything about the changelings and that’s why we have to get away from this mess.”

“No, you don’t understand! The changelings already ruling the bat ponies just like the equestrian army. We can’t leave because the only pony who can stop this madness, it's us!”

“You don’t think I don’t know!? I saw it when they captured Moonlight and replaced that monster. I saw it when your father changed his form to that monster. That’s why I want to leave as soon as possible. I almost lost everything except you and Winter.”

“Dad?! Is he a changeling too?”- she just nodded. He was cold but he didn’t seem to be one of them.- “Look we can’t do that. We have to help them and not just Equestria but the thestrals too. If we can unite them we could strike back.” - Maybe I never understand what my mother felt in that moment but I can’t leave those ponies die because of me.

“If we can unite them we are far more weaker to defeat them. Besides how did you plan to unite them?”

“Well both princesses are here. They are more than enough to merge the two nations and we can still find Her.” – she started to think about it. Last time when I tried to speak with Luna she didn’t listen to me. If I get what she wants before her I will force her to talk with me. The only pony who can help with that is a prisoner too but maybe Mom knows where they locked her.

“Alright Monsoon I go with your plan. You’re right we can’t let those ponies die.”

“Thanks Mom. We will find Dad and make them pay.” – She smiled at me. – “Before we go do you know where are they holding Twilight? She’s a purple coated unicorn mare with a violet mane.”

“Yes, I know where is she.”

“Great then we are heading there.”


-------------------------------------------


They are keeping Twilight in one of the castle towers. Two bat pony guarded her. They were probably one of their elites because they were wearing the same armor as the pony which I killed in the forest. However, they hold spears which was interesting.

“I will take care of them. We will meet again here in ten minutes.” – Mom said next to me. She trotted to them than she walked away with them. She distracted them with a fake order. Nice one.

I went inside. She was sleeping at the tables and she was surrounded by books. It was cute though we don’t have time for this. I gently shook her shoulders to wake her up. She opened her eyes and she realized who woke her up.

“It’s no time to ask just follow me Twilight!”

“Monsoon they found Her!”

“What?!”

“I found the vault and I helped them to open it. They said if I don’t help to fulfill their destiny they will torture you and Princess Celestia to death.” – She was sobbing and she probably thinks she betrayed us. They used her just like me.

“Twilight I have a plan and I will set everything right. I will promise but now you have to come with me.” – she nodded but before we could step out from the room the door opened up. I put on my helmet which covered my whole face. Five bat pony came inside the room.

“We have orders to take you in front of Queen Luna.” – then probably their sergeant looked at me. – “What are you doing in here?”

“I prepared the prisoner for the escort.” – I lied. I’m sorry Twilight.

“Well then come along with us.”

We went down to the main hall. When we arrived first they dragged us in here to the throne room. I couldn’t look around here at that time but now I can. The windows here was painted and most of them wasn’t broken. A few columns were there which has a few motives on it but nothing more. Actually, it was pretty empty but this helmet restricts my vision.

After that we entered the throne room. We stopped in front of the thrones and we all bowed before Princess Luna. Surprisingly the other throne wasn’t empty. Princess Celestia was sitting there.

“Twilight we have to ask your assistance once more.”

“I did enough for you Luna. Leave me alone!”

“I know you find the vault but unfortunately we can not open it. You gave us instructions how to do it but the vault doors still closed. So, you lied to us or you were a waste of time.”

“I said the truth and I know how to get inside.”

“Then prove it.” – she looked to me and I made a little nod which wasn’t suspicious enough to them. She saw it then turned back to her.

“I’ll do it.”

“You know what happens if you do not fulfill your task.”

“I know and I said I will get everypony inside.”

“Wise decision. Come with me my sister. We have to great Her properly.” – she didn’t say anything just stood up from her throne and followed her sister.

We went directly out to the gardens. I just saw my mother joined our group alongside with my ‘father’. He was walking proudly while my mother looked like she was trying to escape. If that changeling ate from her I will make him to scream for his death.

“Mythic and Helia. I am glad you two joined us.” – Luna said.

“We don’t want to miss the greatest moment of our nation.” – My mother just nodded.

We trotted down one of the cellars then we went through the tunnels until we hit a big cave hall. A huge vault door was in front of us. It was made from steal that’s for sure and symbols were on it. I couldn’t see them clearly because it was worn but I think they were cutie marks. Specifically, it was six cutie marks.

Princess Celestia just stood next to Princess Luna. Her head was hung down and she didn’t say anything. She cried before we came down here and I know that’s for sure. It made me more angrier to see one of my princess like that. I wish I could do anything for her but in reality, I couldn’t.

After my talk with that wretched creature I started to think everybody is a changeling around me. Paranoid? Maybe. I don’t know how many of them here but I will make them suffer for what did they do.

Twilight channeled her magic into the vault. The cutie marks lit up one by one and we heard a few clicks then the vault opened up. Twilight collapsed and I helped her up. She was groaning in pain. I think she used all of her magic up.

So, the vault reveals their secrets and maybe we could see Her finally. They wanted to release the lion out from his cage then they will get it. I don’t know what’s in that vault but with or without it I will make them run back to their home or kill them all.