• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 1,075 Views, 6 Comments

The Lost Lunar Civilzation: The Awakening - Monsoon



Did you ever hear about the Lunar Ponies? In Equestria nopony because they vanished a thousand year ago with Nightmare Moon. Princess Luna returned but the Lunar Ponies not. What happened with them? Well it’s time to find out.

  • ...
 6
 1,075

Chapter 1 - The journey begins

Okay this was my first meeting in this council but it was so boring. Yeah maybe I was too pessimistic. But I just heard the all boring details about how the Wonderbolt operate and the EUP. After that each of the military group accept if we are in a war Princess Luna can command us and we protect her at all cost.

“Captain Shining Armor and Lieutenant Monsoon Shine will the Royal Guard serve Princess Luna and defend her at any situation?” – said Princess Celestia.

“Yes, Your Highness.” – we said in unison.

“Will you accept Princess Luna as your princesses?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Good. We want to discuss another thing in this meeting.”- She paused for a moment – “We want to send an expedition to the North Griffon Empire and bring back something.”

“If I may interrupt we aren’t expeditioners. We are a military force who defend Equestria and the ponies. And if go there with military force we will trespassing the Griffin territory. ” - said Colonel Iron Wrath. He was a grey coated pegasus Yeah, he has a valid point there we weren't an expedition force. The Equestrian Expedition Company is a better option to choose and they could get access to the Griffon Empire. This will probably better option and we probably won't start a war.

“I know Colonel thank you for reminding me.” – she said calmly. – “But what we are looking for is far more dangerous for explorers and we can’t allow to the Griffins to destroy them. I need a protection to my sister to that expedition and military presence.

“If we are go there we have to do a good and solid plan In the other hoof how about the griffin patrols. We have to disguise us somehow but we don’t have enough power to that and the griff-pony diplomacy is horrible.” – said General Violet mace. She had violet coat and black mane so no wonder why was that her name.

Anyway yeah this was a horrible and stupid plan to go to the Griffin Empire and provoke them. I didn’t know about anything from the Griffon diplomacy but I heard it wasn't good.

It was time to speak up – “What do we want to bring back if I may ask Your Highness?” – I was the rookie at the table but I have my doubts and everypony else in this room.

“A lost civilization Lieutenant. Ponies from another age” – said Princess Luna. That sounded mysteriously

“It’s a really big risk for us. Not just because we maybe start a war with the Griffon Empire but maybe that ponies attack us. It has too much risks and failures.” – I said.

“Yes, indeed but we must do it to save that ponies. We must bring them back. They were lost when Luna was banished but they didn’t answer the call when she returned.” – Princess Celestia said with a sad tone

“A small team easily get there and stay hidden.” – I said.

Everypony looked me at the room. - “And how do you supposed to disguise a team like that from the griffins? Furthermore we don’t know where do we find that civilization. ” – said the General. Yeah, I thought she will be curious about that but I had a solid plan.

“If my information is correct North Griffonia mostly abandoned “- I pointed to the map – “The map shows there is a swamp. Mostly in the northern area the swamps are foggy and has uncontrollable whether. I have no doubt about this swamp will be our disguise to move there our troops. Secondly if these ponies similar to us they probably be in these woods next to the swamp.”

“That’s a crazy plan and it’s a suicide mission. How should you know it will be foggy when we arrive? How should you know it so surely there won’t be any patrols in the area? Why do you think they will be there?” – blurted out from the Colonel.

“From his name and the map shows us exactly.” - Just stay calm. This was a solid plan and a good plan.

“What?!”

“As you see the swamp name is Foggy Bog. In the other hoof, there won’t be any patrols in the area. I don’t see a single town near there so if they don’t protect the swamp, I wouldn’t believe there’s any griffin patrol in the area. As I mentioned before if these ponies similar to us they won’t leave in a swamp or near a town so it’s left the woods or the mountains. ” – Everything wrote down on the map. Surely, we have to recon the area for hidden camps but this area same as the Everfree Forest near Ponyville.

They just stared me a few moments than the General spoke up first. – “That plan…. can work. We don’t have much choice instead of a war so I must agree with this plan. Any other suggestions or plans?”

They didn’t say anything for a few moments then Celestia spoke up. - “I agree with the General. We will go with your plan Lieutenant and I think we found our new leader for this task don’t you agree General?” – said Celestia with a smile. What she was try to mean with this?

“Indeed, Your Majesty. Congratulation Lieutenant you will be leading the expedition to the North Griffin Empire.”

“W-What?!” – Best reaction ever in a war council. I thought about it for a moment but the conclusion was this, I must accept it. - “I accept the task Your Majesty.” – I bowed. I’m so excited. A young lieutenant with a great task. Calm down. Just cal-

“You can’t be serious?! He is young and unexperienced. I doubt he can do that task without any loss. Maybe we should go there negotiate with the griffon king but anything better than this.

“Shut it Colonel! He thought about a solid plan which could work. Yes, he is young and unexperienced but everypony in this room was once. But that’s his advantage. He can think a new tactics plan in the battlefield. I gave him my trust and I suggest everpony else in this room either.” – The General Violet Mace blurted out. Wow. Just wow.

I turned to the General. – “Thanks for your trust General you. I won’t disappoint you and the council.”

“I recommend it because I have faith in you. You better be prepared to your journey. Are you allow this mission Captain Shining Armor?”

“Yes but the commanding officer will be him and the commanding force will be the Royal Guard.” – Shining Armor said.

“These are acceptable terms. Then dismissed Lieutenant.”

“Yes Ma’am.” – I turned the exit and before I left to the room Captain Spitfire speak up.

“Lieutenant, The Wonderbolts offers to be a support team on your mission.” – She just offers themselves to be my recon team and I’m leading them. But wait she will be outrank me if she will be in the team.

“Thanks for your offer Captain but you outrank me any decisions which I make in the journey.”

“Yes but we are Wonderbolts not the Royal Guards. The Guard leading this mission so we can make suggestions not decisions. You will command us there and you will command us out.” – she said with a grin. They are the best when they have to scout on something so I must accept her offer.

“Welcome aboard Captain.” – then I left the room.


-------------------------------------------


In the afternoon, I had to meet Princess Celestia. Her assistant sent me to her chambers. I was trotting down the hallway where was a few mirrors. I stopped one of them and examined myself. Was I presentable enough for a princess? My black mane was under the armor, so I didn’t bother too much with it. Even if I had a night blue coat the gold armor looked good on me. Today morning I cleaned them so of course they were shining. Speaking of surprisingly I met Shining Armor in the hallway.

“Monsoon you look good and you should be proud yourself” - said Shining. Yes, I should but I was little bit scared and excited about this mission.

“Well I can jump upside down like a foal in the candy store. I’m so excited and scared.” – I said

“You shouldn’t be scared Monsoon. I know your abilities that’s why I chose you to be my lieutenant in the Guard. Your plan is great. I’m sure when you get back you will receive fame, respect and mares of course. – he said with a grin.

“Yeah, sure that’s one of the main thing why we are joined the Royal Guard right?” – I said with a chuckle

“Yep, I can’t think another reason to join the Guard and chase the mares in Canterlot.”

“If Princess Cadence hear that, you won’t be courting her anymore.” – I grin

“You don’t dare to tell her!”

”Anyway when we will meet her?”

“Well with this attitude never. Maybe one day.” - we arrived at the chamber.

“Are you scared to introduced your fiancé with your best colleagues and friends?”

“Nope.”

”Then?”

“I will tell later but you have an important meeting right now. Good luck in there” – I nod and entered to the chambers.


-------------------------------------------


To my surprise when I entered the chamber I saw another unicorn pony there. She has purple coat and violet mane with rose streaks. I know that mare but why was she here?

“Hello Monsoon” – said Princess Celestia

“Good Afternoon Your Highnesses”- I said. Princess Luna was there either. The other mare come to me and offer her hoof to me.

“Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle student under Princess Celestia.” I shake her hoof.

“Nice to meet you. My name is Monsoon Shine Lieutenant in her Majesties Royal Guard.” – I was thinking where I met her before because I knew her. She was really familiar to me .

“I suppose you know my brother because he is the captain of the Royal Guard.” – I knew it she was Shining Armor sister. I think he mentioned his little sister but I never thought I would meet her and the other thing was I never thought she was Princess Celestia star student.

“Yes, Miss Sparkle I know him. He is my superior officer and one of my good friend.”

“How was he doing? I didn’t receive a letter from him for a while.”

“His doing okay Miss Sparkle but why didn’t you visit him if I may ask? You live in here Canterlot at all right?

“No, I’m not live here anymore and yes I can do but when I visit to back home I always have a lot of business to do. The best example for my business is right now and please just call me Twilight.

“Ahem sorry for interrupting but we have business to do.” – said the Sun Princess. – “So, Monsoon how’s the preparing for the expedition?”

I opened my saddlebags with my light blue magic and get out a scroll and I read it out loud. – “The Renegade are ready and fully operational. They reinforced the hull with more steel. We have enough food and medicine on the board. Captain Spitfire and her recon squad is ready to fly with us. The support squad and my squad are waiting for orders and ready to depart. Captain Blitz just waiting for us to board the ship.”- I finished.

“Good work Lieutenant. Your task is the search for the ponies from this lost civilization. You will escort my sister and Twilight there.

“Sorry Your Majesty I’m a little bit confused. I thought you come with us with your sister but instead I’m escorting Princess Luna and your student. May I ask why?” – Well I was escorting civilian from now. Great.

“Because this civilization lived by the Lunar Ponies and Twilight has a lot of useful information about them and she can convince them to return to Equestria.”

I nodded and turned to Princess Luna – “When do you want to depart Your Highness?” – She stared me a few moments.

“Tomorrow at the morning. “

“Understood. I shall take my leave now. Goodnight.” – I turned the door and left the room


-------------------------------------------


I never thought I will be leading an important mission. I couldn’t screw this up. The airship leaved the docks and we departed to the Griffin Empire. I never flew with an airship before, but I like it. I was in my cabin with a lot of papers about the supplies. I ignited my horn and I picked up the map with my magic. I exited the cabin and I trotted to the main deck. Everypony was in here because it was briefing time. The main deck was the only place which was big enough to hold a briefing. The Renegade is the newest ship in the airship fleet. It was a new class to explore and transport troops to the field. The airship itself hold the speed record in the fleet which was pretty amazing.

I stood up the stage and I started it. - “Welcome everypony on The Renegade. We here today because we have an important task to do. We will go to the Foggy Bog which is in the North Griffon Empire and land there with the airship. It will be a perfect disguise us because the foggy weather. It’s swamp so we must to hurry to the forest. The airship will leave the area and they will come back there after 3 days. After that when we land we will search for this lost civilization. Princess Celestia sent with us Princess Luna and her student Twilight Sparkle to help us locate them and convince them to come back to Equestria. Miss Sparkle can you fill us with the details about the creatures what we looking for?”

“Oh-uhm yes.” – I think I surprised her. – “So these Lunar Ponies has a lot of other names. In Equestria we know two. The Thestrals or they have a more commonly name Bat-Ponies.The Thestrals are look like a pegasi except the wings and the fangs. They have draconic wings or bat wings. They fast, precise and they invisible at night. We have to cautious every moment because they can be scared from us.” – I watched through the ponies. They were excited and scared. I couldn’t blame them I have that feelings too. But we have orders and this was my plan so I have responsibility for it.

“As Miss Sparkle said maybe they scared from us or maybe they are hostile. We have to be cautious and more faster than them. Everypony got his task from the sergeants. Dismissed.” – They saluted me and I nodded them.

After that I went out to the observation post which is an open area on the airship. This mission was my biggest responsibility in my life. I wonder if I will be success. My plan must work. It should be. At least for now I could enjoy the sight from the airship.