• Published 7th May 2017
  • 1,925 Views, 37 Comments

Who da warchief now? - Black Owl



After his supposed death, Vol'jin has awaken, said death not being permanent. After accepting a deal, he was transported to the land of Equestria to rule the almost extinct race of trolls, and with Bwonsamdi he will try to revive this fallen race.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,925

Da spirits be restless.

Author's Note:

In this story, Vol'jin will act differently then in the warcraft universe, since he experienced death. If you have any questions please leave a comment. If you don't know about WoW, Vol'jin is the leader of the Horde, one of the factions, and the darkspear trolls. Also something about the trolls, all of them have an accent similar to a jamaican one when they speak other languages but their native one. Loas are entities more powerful then elementals, but weaker then gods, also Loas can be rocks, a vase, a mortal, anything as long as it went into a new existence. Their lore is really long, if you want to know more you can watch a video or read about it. One last thing is that this story is located after the defeat of Tirek, after which I stopped watching the series because I didn't have any free time. Oh also I would apreciate if you guys would tell me who you want to visit them first.

Editor's note: FOR DA HORDEEEEEEEEEEE!

After announcing the new war chief of the Horde, even though I thought otherwise, I closed my eyes and entered the eternal sleep called death. In the realm of the dead I saw a friend, Bwonsamdi. At least I got the chance to speak to him. After talking for a while, he told me what he had in mind. He wanted me to go to another world, so I can resurrect the troll race there. Of course, I accepted. But before I went to the new world, I asked some information about said world. I also asked for a favor from Bwonsamdi, I asked him to let me talk to my father again.

I was overjoyed to meet father again. We talked for what could be days in the mortal realm. But everything has to come to an end. Saying my goodbyes to him I went trough the portal, the portal to the new world.

I appeared in a desert, and looking around I only saw sand. 'At least I didn't appear in a tundra... I can work with this. Bwonsamdi, where are the trolls located?' In the west, it won't take long. And don't worry, you look exactly like their god. I made sure of that... hehe... Also, most of the people here speak the common language from Azeroth. The trolls speak Zandali. Don't take it too far Bwonsamdi.' Of course, Vol'jin.

'Seems like Bwonsamdi was right. It only took a few hours. And my luck, I wasn't attacked by anything in the desert. Let's hope they won't freak out or attack me. Well, now or never.' Walking closer I fixed my posture so I was standing upright, towering over the trolls here. I could see a medium sized village, and a large wooden wall around said village. A tower in each corner of the wall, counting four towers. A pair of huge doors had a weird skull on top of it. The guards, after seeing me, rushed into the village.

Soon after, a female troll dressed as a witch doctor came out. These trolls looked similar to the desert trolls in Azeroth, but with more rough features. The witch doctor wore a long green dress, along with a wooden mask in the form of a hawk skull. She had some small skulls tied to a belt which was put around her hips. Her skin was light brown, while her long hair was black. 'She seems to be the leader. This will be interesting...' When they were close to me, they all bowed their heads. "Oh, our saviour! You have come!" She said in a loud tone. 'Bwonsamdi... what the hell did you do...' Nothing much, just gave them a information of you being their saviour that will get them out of their misery. 'Why did you made me a god-like figure!? I AM not perfect, and you know it! I can't be a savior!' Everyone has to have some fun hehe... 'Sometimes I can't stand you...'

"Raise your head. No need for such formalities." She did as told, her movement were fast, like I would kill her if they were too slow. 'I have a felling this is Bwonsamdi's doing... "My name is Vol'jin, I supposed you are the leader right?" She gave a quick nod then spoke with a scared tone.

"Y-yes, I am Sezima. I am the the leader of the last tribe of trolls. I hope we are good enough for you Vol'jin." She lowered her gaze, not even once looking in my eyes.

"Do not worry, I know about your situation. And that's why I am here, I will take you out of your misery!" I started raising my voice, at the same time more and more trolls came out of the village to look. "HAVE YOU NOT GOT SICK OF BEING LOOKED DOWN UPON?! THEY THINK WE ARE JUST DUMB ANIMALS!" As I continued my speech the trolls started cheering louder and louder. "WE SHALL SHOW THEM, THAT THE TROLLS ARE NOTHING TO TOYED WITH! WE SHALL SHOW THEM, THE TRUE POWER OF THE TROLLS! FROM THIS DAY ON, WE WILL BE KNOWN AS THE ZANDALARII! FOR OUR FUTURE EMPIRE! FOR THE TROLLS!" As the cheering got louder, a dark chuckle can be heard, the laugh of Bwonsamdi could be heard. This will be entertaining, hehe...

~Throughout Equis, in each nation's throne room~

A tall figure made out of mist appeared in front of each ruler in the form of a hologram of some sorts. His features were similar to a troll, but less muscular and taller in height. His features were also more refined, long ears with golden earrings at the base, fiery red hair made in a mohawk along with a knitted beard. Two long tusks coming from his mouth. A light blue color to his skin, with white and black paint on it's face along with golden eyes. It wore a tribal-like outfit, made out of leather, feathers, skulls, bones, and other things. He had a deep scar on his right shoulder.

He spoke in a deep voice: "Greeting... Meh name be Vol'jin. Meh be talking to ya' to inform ya' about some news. From now on, meh be da leader of da trolls. And from now on, we be da Zandalarii. And ya' need to know da followin'. We trolls, be not discriminated against, we be sufferin' enough! And don't think dat we be allowin' anyone to talk down on us! If ya' don't agree with what ah said, come to us! Come and fight us! If ya want peace with us, come as well! We be in da middle of the Badlands, and we be waitin' for ya', either if ya have good intentions or bad ones!" After his speech, Vol'jin's image disappeared into the mist.

~In Equestria, at the royal palace. Right before Vol'jin's message.~

At this moment, the royal princesses and the elements were supposed to have a peaceful tea party. After a long day, they all wanted to get rid of the accumulated stress after the fight with Tirek. Everyone was having a good time, the princesses were talking with each other, Twilight was talking with Rarity, Rainbow was laughing at Pinkie, and Fluttershy was talking with Applejack. But everything good has to come to an end. They were all surprised at the mist that appeared out of nowhere, and even more surprised about the troll that appeared, of course Rainbow tried to tackle hit and ended up going trough him. All of them were shocked at the appearance of the troll, but their shock only increased when he spoke in their language. Throughout his speech they were all frozen stiff, even after he disappeared, they remained frozen for a few more minutes.

"Umm... Princess? What should we do?" Twilight asked Celesta, making her get out of her shock.

"To be honest Twilight, I'm not sure. I never saw the kind of magic he used to communicate with us." Her answer only made more questions.

"But, what about the trolls? I never heard of them." Twilight continued questioning the princesses while the rest of the elements and Luna were whispering to each other about what should they do.

"They are a tribal species, they aren't good at magic. I have no idea how did that troll use magic, or even what magic he used. But he looks... Different." Celestia said in a concerned tone.

"What do you mean?" At this moment Twilight was lost in her confusion.

"He is way taller than a normal troll, and he is not as muscular either. Plus his coloring is just completely different. Just who is he..." As Twilight and Celestia were talking, Luna interrupted them.

"How about we pay them a visit?" At the confused look of the rest she continued. "He said we are welcomed if we come in peace." They looked at each other then nodded.

"Alright, I guess we'll be going to the bad lands now right?"

~After Vol'jin's speech, Griffon Kingdom.~

Katos, an old griffon with a huge body, double the size of normal griffons, a long golden beard and beak which was chipped at the top, his age doing nothing to change his golden feathers, the Griffon king had an interesting idea. 'Hmm, he is inviting his enemies too? He sure is confident, even trough he is challenging the other countries. I like him.' And so a smile appeared on his face. His council however, had other ideas.

"Your Majesty! How dare he provoke you! We must protect your honor!" Silver Feather, a completely gray with a slim and small body, said while hitting the table with his talon.

"What are you talking about, you fool? What broken honor? That troll is imposing equality for his race, unlike those ponies who would ask for forgiveness. Can't you see!? He is ok with challenging all the kingdoms! He is not afraid to fight that many, by a warrior's logic, the only reason you would do that is because you know you can win. If we fight him in his home, we will only lose. The trolls probably know the layout of the dessert, they probably have traps too." Katos stroke his beard and laughed.

"But your Majesty! He insulted us by provoking us! We must kill him!" The council agreed with Silver Feather and started whispering to each other. But they were silenced by a talon hitting the throne.

"SILENCE!" Katos screamed with anger in his eyes. "Have you not heard what I just said!? We will not attack anyone! This is an order from the king!" He got up from his throne and went to Silver Feather, and before Silver Feather did anything, Katos picked him up by the neck. "And you will listen to the king, or else I'll make sure you won't see the light of day." Silver Feather's eyes shrunk and he nodded rapidly. "Good, now go get my best soldiers, wife and daughter! We are going on a trip!" His laugh will give the council nightmares for weeks.

~At the changeling hive, after Vol'jin's speech.~

Chrysalis was sitting on her throne, anger was the only thing on her face. "HOW DARE HE PROVOKE ME!? GENEREAL!" A changeling the size of his queen appeared covered in black armor came in an instant. "PREPARE THE TROOPS AND CRUSH THOSE TROLLS!"

"Yes your majesty." And thus, the changeling did exactly what the griffon king warned his people not to do, what could possibly go wrong?