• Published 1st May 2017
  • 218 Views, 8 Comments

Where the Last Petal Falls - AstraPony



After hopping from family to family for years, Wilted Rose is starting to question her life.

  • ...
 8
 218

Unconscious

-beep- -beep- -beep-

Wilted Rose lays in a hospital bed, unconscious from the attempt on her life. Her mother, no, FOSTER mother was by her side. Her honey-gold hooves holding her daughter's crimson ones. Her orange mane, that hekd a tinge of yellow its flowy locks, hid Honeycomb's face. The Earth Pony couldn't believe the sight before her tear filles eyes. Then her husband walked in. A tall, black unicorn with a red mane and white streaks running through said mane. His eyes were green like a field of fresh grass. His cutie was a magnifying glass that had magnified a set of hoofprints.

"How could this happen?" Honeycomb asked her husband while choking back tears.

"Because you LET this happen!" Clue Detect yelled at his wife for, seemingly, no reason.

"Me? How could this be my fault?" the mare said, on the verge of tears.

"You were supposed to be watching her, but NO! You just had to take a nap instead!"

"I'm sorry if I get worn out by all the tedious things I do to keep you happy."

"Maybe you should get some more sleeo at night!"

"I can't! I have to stay up at night doing at the chores in the house, so you don't get made at me and HIT me in the morning!"

The there was a knock on the hospital room door. The arguing couple immediately stopped their argument and looked toward the door. The doctor, a short and gray-maned blue Earth Pony, walked in. His cutie mark was an IV bag.

"Excuse me, but may I ask what all the ruckus is about?" asked the quant little doctor.

"Oh, um... yeah," stuttered Clue. "Just, umm, arguing about the recent events." Clue nodded toward his foster child.

"Oh, yes! Tragedies like this can cause distress in familes," the doctor explained.

"We're -sniff- sorry about the -sniff- noise," Honeycomb apologized through her sniffles.

"Yes, but if you could keep the tension down while in the room, that would greatly helo lower any distress the patient madoctor," imformed the doctor. "Oh! Where are my manners? I'm Dr. Med, Wilted Rose's doctor."

"Nice to officially meet you. I'm Clue Detect and this is my wife Honeycomb." Clue introduced.

Suddenly, a groan came from Wilted Rose. Her eyes started to flutter open. "Uhhhggg..." Wilted Rose groaned again.

"Oh good! She's awake!" Dr. Med exclaimed.

"Rose! Oh, thank Celestia you're alright!" Honeycomb exclaimed also. She reached for her daughter's hoof.

"NO! Don't touch me!" Wilted Rose yelled. She tried to pull her hoof away, only for it to be stopped by a set of hoofcuffs. "Huh?" Wilted Rose said with a puzzled look on her face. "Wait, I'm dead. Aren't I?"

"No, your not," said the doctor.

'Good. Now you're getting a second chance. Please use it wisely; and don't kill yourself this time.' "SHUT UP!" screamed Wilted Rose.

"Calm down now child," soothed the doctor.

"Yeah, we don't want to hurt you," Honeycomb said to her crazed foster daughter in calming voice.

'Yeah, just calm down, please...' "NO!! I'm supposed to be DEAD! But I can't even get that right!" yelled Wilted Rose. "If it wasn't for you, I would finally be HAPPY!" she look straight at her foster parents while saying this.

Suddenly, Wilted Rose relaxed. She was so focused on her foster parents that she didn't notice the doctor putting a sedative in her IV.

"There, that should do it," said Dr. Med calmly. "Now lets leave her be. Shall we?"

"Yeah," said Clue.

As the trio of ponies walked out of the hospital room, Clue quickly trotted up to Wilted Rose and said to her: "You are in SO much trouble when you get home."