• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 635 Views, 0 Comments

The Pink Pupil - HeartfireFirebrand



Pinkamena Diane Starburst is the unicorn Pupil of Celestia

  • ...
4
 0
 635

Chapter: 3 Apples and Nightmares

Pinkie was bouncing up down as they walked through Ponyville.

Spike said “Pinkie, we are headed to Sweet Apple Acres. We are checking on the food for the Summer Sun Celebration.”

Pinkie smiled and continued bouncing completely unaware of her assistant.

A loud shout came from somewhere “Catch that thief.”

A skinny pink unicorn stallion slammed into her. She looked up and her pink flattened as she slammed a hoof into his jaw. Spike jumped at her sudden aggression towards the unicorn. Several guards arrived to see Pinkie standing over the pink unicorn stallion who was bloody and beaten.

The unicorn said “Please don’t hit me again.”

Pinkie roared “I thought I told you, Slip, never to come near me again.”

The guards approached “We will take it from here, they nodded to her. Please forgive us we should have caught him before he ran into you.”

Spike asked recovering from shock “Who was that?”

Pinkie stared at the ground for several minutes.

She then said quietly “He is my brother.”

Spike’s eyes widened and he asked confused “Why don’t you talk about your family.”

Pinkie said “I suppose it’s time to tell you what happened to my family.”

Pinkie sat down to tell the story.

Pinkie started telling the tale “It was 12 years ago, I was bouncing up and down in the castle. I was reading 3 books, when several guards ran in shouting about how the city of Canterlot was on fire. I was taken to my room by Celestia. I stayed there for hours just watching as many brave guards and fireponies battled the blaze outside. When I was allowed out, I ran out of the Castle. I was desperate to find my parents. However when I arrived, I saw only a burnt house. They carried out two ponies on stretchers. They were my parents. 2 weeks later found out both my parents were murdered and my house was the source of the blaze. The next day they told me they located the pony who started the flame and murdered my parents. They wanted me to see if I knew the pony. I did, it was my brother and to rub the salt into the wound, he also was found with a knife that perfectly matched the wound on my parents bodies. Spike, he killed them with a knife and the worst part he smiled at me, there was no sign of guilt or regret.”

Spike stood there dumbfounded for several minutes.

Pinkie said “Come on Spike, we have to get going.”

Spike got up and stayed quiet for the rest of the trip to Sweet Apple Acres. They arrived at Sweet Apple Acres about an hour later than they meant to.

Pinkie said “Spike, don’t say talk about hanging upside down or their teeth or that their wings are strange.”

Spike asked “Why?”

A large stallion with bat wings stepped forward. Spike jumped and hid behind her.

Pinkie shouted “Spike, that is rude we are guests on the farm.”

The large red stallion looked at her, he thought (Hmm, compared to most unicorns I’ve met, she is well built.) Pinkie said “Excuse me, we are here to check on the catering for the Summer Sun Festival.”

The large stallion said “Forgive me, Ah’m Big Mac.”

Pinkie introduced herself “Pinkamena Diane Starburst but I prefer Pinkie.”

Big Mac said “Well ya should talk to mah sister, she is in charge of the catering. She is in the orchard.”

Pinkie grabbed her cowering assistant and bolted further into the farm. They see an orange bat pony bucking trees.

Pinkie shouted “Are you Applejack?”

She ran over “Ah am, who are ya and what brings ya here to our farm?”

Pinkie replied “I am Pinkamena Diane Starburst but please call me Pinkie. I am here to check on your preparations for the Summer Sun celebration.”

Applejack said “It’s going well. Would ya like to try some of our food?”

Pinkie smiled “Sure, Spike come on.”

Spike gulped “Okay.”

They arrive at their home, it was more like a barn than a standard home.It was red and had a feeling of warmth emanating of it. They entered to see a very simplistic looking kitchen and dining room.

Spike asked nervously “I don’t much about bat ponies but they usually aren’t farmers?”

Pinkie shouted “Spike, you shouldn’t ask such things.”

Applejack said “That’s alright, ah prefer that to the acts against us because of what we are.”

Pinkie said “I know, bat ponies have been mistreated for 1000 years because of Nightmare Moon.”

Applejack’s eyes widened “Ya know about that?!”

Pinkie said “Yes, I do. I figured it out 6 years ago.”

Applejack prepared the food and they sat quietly and ate. A young filly walked into the dining room.

Applejack said “Applebloom, we have guests.”

Applebloom smiled as she sat down. “Who are you?” she asked.

Pinkie said “I am Celestia’s pupil and she wanted me to make sure all the events for running the Summer Sun Celebration are in order. Speaking of which we need to really get going or else we won’t have enough time.”

Applejack shakes Pinkie’s hooves “Your always welcome on our farm.”

Pinkie said “Thanks, we will be sure to visit.”

They had just returned to town looking for the weather mare. A purple mare holding a book on parties bumped into them.

Pinkie said “Hi I’m...”

The purple mare looked up and squealed, she grabbed her book quickly and was off like a rocket.

Pinkie said “I think we met the local party pony.”

Spike asked “What?”

Pinkie said “They usually display strange powers that only party ponies understand.”

Spike asked “How do you know about that?”

Pinkie said “My parents thought I was going to be a party pony, my weird ablities lined up pretty well. I was given a party cannon for the last birthday before I was accepted into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.”

Spike saw a tear drop from her eye as she looked up. She saw a butterscotch mare flying towards her.