• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 631 Views, 0 Comments

The Pink Pupil - HeartfireFirebrand



Pinkamena Diane Starburst is the unicorn Pupil of Celestia

  • ...
4
 0
 631

Chapter 5 The Everfree and The Elements

Pinkie whispered as Spike slept “You’ve been up all night, you deserve some rest. I have work to do.”

She grabs the book on the Elements “Elements of Harmony, now how to defeat...”

Flutter Dash get in Pinkie’s face “What are the elements of Harmony and ho do you know about Nightmare Moon, huh?”

Pinkie said “I am Celestia’s student, she is not the best at hiding her secrets, at least from me.”

Applejack pulls Rainbow back “We are not going to get any information from her like that, Rainbow. Pinkie, please tell us what you know?”

Pinkie said “I know about the Elements but Celestia never told me where they are or what they do only that she used them to stop Nightmare Moon the first time.”

She read the book for a few moments and then said “The Elements of Harmony are in the Everfree Forest.”

All of the ponies except Pinkie shriek “The Everfree Forest.”

They walk to the edge of the Everfree. Pinkie said “I think you should all stay here, I don’t want my new friends getting hurt.”

Applejack said “No way, sugarcube. We are your friends, don’t ya know and there’s no way we letting a friend go into that miserable place alone, right girls.”

The rest of them nod as they enter.
Pinkie asked “So have any of you been here before?’

Rarity said “Heavens no, it’s full of monsters.”
Unbeknownst to them Nightmare Moon was under the ground they were walking on.

Applejack said “From what I’ve heard from folks it doesn’t work the same as Equestria.”

Pinkie asked “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Flutter Dash said “Nopony knows. You know why?”

Applejack frowned “Flutter,quit it.”

Flutter Dash continued “’Cause anypony who ever came in, never came, OUT.”

Nightmare Moon flew out in a haze causing the ground to collapse. Flutter Dash and Applejack fly above the ground and catch Rarity and Pinkie. Prismstar caught Pinkie as she was about to fall off a cliff. Pinkie panicked “What do I do?”

A voice came from behind her “Just let go.”
Pinkie said “No way, I’ll fall.”
The voice said “No ya, won’t I promise.”
Pinkie felt like the voice was right she did as the voice said, she screamed as she fell only to be caught by Applejack and Flutter Dash.
Pinkie said “Thanks.”

They walk forwards as Flutter Dash continued boast about she caught her. Pinkie ignored the Butterscotch Pegasus. Pinkie hissed as she saw a manticore jump down and roar. Rarity kicked the manticore causing it to stagger. It roared in response before chasing her. Prismstar said in her barely audible voice “Wait.”

Applejack jumped on the manticore’s back only to be knocked of slightly later. Prismstar repeated “Wait” before Flutter Dash then tried to use her speed to disrupt the manticore's balance, only to be swatted away by it’s tail.

Pinkie then furious charged with all her friends beside Prismstar.
Prismstar screamed “STOP!”

All her friends stopped as they looked at the blue unicorn. She walked over and nudged the manticore’s paw. The manticore looked at confused. Prismstar asked “Please show me your paw?”

The manticore obliged showing a large thorn lodged in it. Prismstar nodded she glowed her horn pulling out the thorn quickly. The manticore roared before licking her, much to all her friends confusion. The manticore then left happily.
Pinkie asked as they continued on “How did you know?”

The timid unicorn smiled “I didn’t, sometimes all it takes a little kindness.”

They marched on for hours. Applejack was starting to feel exhausted, while a life time of hard work had improved her endurance, as a batpony her endurance doesn’t match up to an earth ponies. Prismstar was tired as well, she managed to get this far only by pacing herself. Flutter Dash was complaining about the trip’s length. Rarity was managing quite well, while the small signs of exhaustion, they were not as bad as the others excluding, Pinkie and Twilight who were still full of energy. Flutter Dash complained before pointing at Pinkie and Twilight
“How are you in such good condition, Rarity, we are all exhausted, ignoring the happy crew?”

Rarity said “When you are a earth pony running a boutique you have to carry all the clothes, you make everywhere. It is a mater of pride.”
Flutter Dash was about to complain again when the forest suddenly got dark. Pinkie said “Me and Prismstar can cast a light spell,” only to see several scary looking trees turned up. 5 of the 6 friends backed into the centre staring at the trees, shaking.

A familiar voice said “We will eat you.”
Pinkie looked around to see Twilight standing next to a tree. Twilight repeated “We will eat you run away.”

Pinkie said “I love a joke as much as the next half-psycotic over-excitable mare but this is serious.”

Twilight laughed “Serious, how about now?”
In a flash of light all the tree were now all had fake moustaches and beard. Twilight and Pinkie started laughing causing the rest to follow suit. They also felt re-energised and they ecstatically continued into the forest.

The bump into each other at a large lake before noticing a huge sea serpent rise out of the water. The huge sea serpent cried at them “I was just minding own business when a malicious looking cloud tore half my beautiful mustache off.”

Flutter Dash asked “Come on, is he serious?

Rarity said “Flutter, that was very rude.”

She then turned to the sea serpent and said “I will not allow such an insult to beauty go unchecked.” She pulled out a special pair of her scissors and cut part of her tail off. She then walked up to the sea serpent’s face and tied it to the sea serpents broken mustache.

Pinkie asked “Your precious tail, are you okay?”

Rarity nodded “I couldn’t let such a affront to beauty go on, besides it will grow back.”

Flutter Dash whispered “So would his mustache.”

The sea serpent said “Thank you so much, allow me to provide safe passage.”
The 6 friends bounced on the sea serpent to get across the water.
Pinkie ran forward seeing the ruins only to almost fall off as the bridge was cut. Flutter Dash pulled her up and then said “I will handle this, just watch.”

She flew down and grabbed the broke rope. She then carried it to the other side. A voice called hauntingly “Flutter, Flutter.”
Flutter Dash looked around confused. The voice then continued “We have been waiting for you, Equestria’s greatest flyer for the longest time.”
Flutter Dash said “Well, could you tell the Wonderbolts for me. I have been trying to join them for the longest time.”

The voice revealed itself 3 pegasi who flew out of the mist and said “We are the Shadowbolts, the best fliers in the Everfree forest. We will become the greatest flying team in all of Equestria. We want you to join us.”
Flutter Dash said “Sure, let me just help my friends.”

The Shadowbolts said “If you want to join us then you have to leave them behind.”
Flutter Dash stared at her friends and back at the Shadowbolts. The Shadowbolts closed the mist between them.

Flutter Dash made her decision “I’m grateful for the offer but I will have to decline.” The Shadowbolts were shocked. She flew back and tied the bridge. All of her friends walked across. She said “I would never leave a friend hanging.” Pinkie and Twilight laughed while the rest groaned at the pun.

Pinkie and her friends quickly fine the elements. Flutter Dash asked “Isn’t there supposed to be 6.”
Pinkie replied “The sixth will be revealed with a spark.”
Applejack asked “What does that mean exactly?”
Pinkie frowned “Not sure but I'll figure out something.”

The other 5 leave the room leaving Pinkie with elements trying to get them to work.
However as she does Nightmare Moon emerges and pushes her away from the elements. Pinkie looks at Nightmare Moon with a fierce expression. Nightmare Moon asked “Who are you, your full name. You utilised chaos magic, that should be impossible.”

Pinkie shouted “I am Pinkamena Diane Starburst and I will...”
Nightmare Moon said “I can’t believe your a descendant of Discord’s beloved son.”

Pinkie ignored her statement and charged. Nightmare Moon charged as well confident, despite her injury. Pinkie then teleported behind her and tried to use the elements, only to get knocked away.

Nightmare Moon looked shocked at the elements glow until they stopped. She then laughed as she crushed them “You think you had any real chance against me, little foal.”
Pinkie said “I’m sorry, Celestia, Chaos seal 1 break.” Pinkie’s magic flared out of her body shaking the entire Everfree forest.

Nightmare Moon shouted “Impossible, you can’t have such power.”
Pinkie ‘s power then settled and glowed. Pinkie then heard her friends voice and realised something. She resealed her power and said “You really think you destroy the elements like that. Their spirits are still with us. My friends who have brought me this far. Applejack who helped me overcome my doubt in the face of danger represents honesty.” The element flew up to her.

Pinkie continued causing each element to go to their bearer. “Prismstar who saved us from an angry Manticore removing a thorn from it’s paw represents kindness. Twilight who revitalised us with her mad antics represents laughter. Rarity who sacrificed her beautiful tail to help a upset sea serpent represents generosity and finally Flutter Dash who put her friend above her own ambitions represents loyalty.”

Nightmare Moon said “You don’t have the last element, you can’t stop me.”
Pinkie said “The spark comes from within us, from the bond we shared on this journey, from friendship and friendship bring forth magic” all the elements turned into necklaces with the final element magic turning into a tiara with a pink gem on Pinkie’s head.” The power of the elements blasted Nightmare Moon.

They woke a little while later to be all okay and the looked at each other . Rarity smiled noticing her tail was back and Pinkie smiled looking at the sunrise. Pinkie smiled as she heard a familiar voice “Now you see why I sent you here.”

Pinkie smiled “Yes I did, Celestia so I could let true friendship something I never really had into my heart.”
Celestia said as she turned her heard “I just hope another can do the same, Princess Luna.”
Princess Luna looked up at Celestia who walked towards her. Celestia asked Princess Luna something that made all the elements except Pinkie shocked “Little sister, we were to rule as equals and instead I outshone you, will you accept my forgiveness and friendship.”

The elements were all bending over especially Twilight who actually lost her balance.
Luna accepted hugging her sister. Pinkie and Twilight were crying tears of joy before Pinkie’s mane poofed up for the first time since the Nightmare Moon’s arrival and they shouted “Party time!”

Pinkie was smiling when they arrived back at Ponyville until she realised she had to go back to Canterlot. Pinkie said sadly “I have to go now don’t I.” She looked at all of her friends.”
Celestia said “Spike, take a note. I hereby allow my pupil to continue the study the magic of friendship, she will report to me once a week while staying in her new home in Ponyville.”
Pinkie shouted “CELESTIATHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.”

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading I hope you enjoyed I will write a sequel to this story sometime in the future.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment