• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 587 Views, 20 Comments

What Kind of Magic is This? - Greed and Giving



Twilight gains a new power, but how will she use it?

  • ...
6
 20
 587

Meeting Jace

What Kind of Magic Is This?

Chapter 1: Meeting Jace

Twilight sees so guards coming over to the cart she is in slowly with weapons drawn and cautiously watching her to see if she will attack them. Twilight having grown up in the Canterlot Castle has watched plenty of training routines knew what to do in this situation, she slowly and carefully raised her hands towards the sky and equally as slow and careful stood up.

When the Boros guards saw that she was compiling with them, which was unheard for a Krasis to to do, they finished the trip to the cart.

“Can you help me please because I don’t think I’m on the right world and would like to go home please.” Twilight asked the guards, which shocked everyone in the area.

One of the guards walk up to where Twilight is and asks “What do you mean that you are not on the ‘right world’, I never heard of a Krasis that was intelligent enough to be self aware, or to talk for that matter. Now get out of the cart and come with us.”

Doing what the guard told her Twilight was confused about what she was called. She looks to the one that talked to her and asked “What is a Krasis? We don’t have anything that goes by that in Equestria or even anywhere on Equus at all, but that could be that it was lost to time.” Twilight says while following the Boros guards to the Azorius Senate for detainment because the Azorius might have some protocol for getting ahold of the Simic Combine for information on a talking Krasis.

While walking to the Senate guild headquarters Twilight looks around at this new world she is in and is amazed at the architecture and races she sees walking around going about their business when they hear screaming coming from down a side street. What they see is a terrifying creature running around slaughtering people that are unlucky to get into it’s path.

The Boros guards charge at the creature with weapons drawn when suddenly there was a blue aura surrounding the creature making it stop in it’s tracks with what look like crystals growing over it’s body.

“Well that should hold up till the Azorius can deal with the Slaughterhorn, though what are you two doing in this area?” a tall looking man in robes says jumping down from a rooftop a little ways away. “You both know that this is Azorius guild territory right?”

The Boros flinch in fear of this man that Twilight is surprised because just moments ago they would have willingly died fighting that creature, but him they show the slightest fear meaning he must be a very powerful person for well trained soldiers to show fear. “Yes we know that Jace, but we have brought a Krasis that is some what intelligent to be able to talk and we were bringing it to the Azorius Guild to be dealt with as they see fit, Jace.” The first guard spoke.

This Jace person (I’m in a world with humans so I have to talk like that, it’s such a pain) comes walking over to me with a curious look on his face as he gets closer to me.

I feel something weird when his is standing right infront of me, a feeling like I can trust him with my life, and that he will teach me many things in the near future. “Well I will take this person to the Guild HQ for you and we will speak to both the Simic and Boros Guilds for information and to inform your Guild Leader of your help, thank you and you are dismissed.” Jace states to them as he take my arm and we start walking to this elaborate building that I assume is the guild hall.

“Well are you going to tell me whom you are Miss?” Jace asked.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle, and where am I Jace, I never seen a world like this before?”
I asked Jace, which caused him to laugh a little.

“Never seen a world like this before? Have you been to any other worlds before this one?”

“Yes, but I was a human in that one, but here I’m still a pony with my wings and horn, maybe it has to do with the fact that there are non-humans all around, but that can be. Maybe it was that weird light that crashed into me.” I said to him which made him stop and stare at me with a confused look.

“What color as this light that hit you and where did it come from?” he asked.

I thought for a little while, after we started walking again to this Guildhall, before I remembered what had happened to me.

“It came from space during a meteor shower, when it hit one of the meteors which caused it to change course and crashed into me, the colors it had were red, blue and green, and after it hit me I woke up here in a cart.” I told him all that I had remembered every detail.

This gets a serious look on his face that I found scary. He turns and looks at me a little more closely, then he made some weird aura appear around his hand which was gently placed on my shoulder. When he did this I felt a strange power start to make itself known to me and I heard a voice inside my head.

You are the one I have been looking for young Twilight, for you can either bring others like you together or you can wipe all of them out with a simple thought, you will be the strongest of my children. Now go and find them..


I wake up in a strange room on a bed that is far too large to be just one person, though it is soft and warm. There is a knock at the door which then opens, and in walks Jace with a couple of people in armor. They all turn to look at me with different expressions on their faces ranging from shock and fear to curiosity and wonderment.

“Ah, your are awake, Twilight Sparkle, I welcome you the Azorius guild, though you are currently in my quarters, you are going to have a test in the next few days that will determine if you are able to join this guild if you so choose, or any of the other two guilds that have the colors of Mana you say you have now.” Jace tells me which confuses me, and me having to learn about something new gets me excited like Pinkie after she ate too much sugar and a couple of cups of coffee, (don’t ever do this EVER, we had to to beat Discord at one of his games), which makes me stand up on his and dance a little bit till I look over towards them and see the embarrassment on their faces, with Jace looking down at his feet and shaking his head. I look down at myself and see that I’m naked. I scream and fall back till I’m sitting. After covering myself up with a sheet I apologize about the outburst and then ask where are my cloths.

“Well Miss Sparkle, your cloths are being examined for any traces of the magic that brought you here to the city-plane of Ravnica, though we do have some more suitable clothing for you, if you would follow us please.” one of the armored people that came in with Jace said, though a little bit like how Fluttershy acts when she is around new ponies. “We just need to get your measurements and they will be made within the hour, and Miss Sparkle while you wait for them to be made if you are hungry food will be provided for you, whatever you would like to have, though within reason.” the same armored person stated as we walk to the fitting room where I will have new clothes made.


An hour after getting measured and ideas on what I wanted for my clothes I’m sitting in an alcove near the fitting room eating some on some of the locally grown fruits and vegetables while Jace and I are talking about the test I will be doing and that he and some of his friends will teach me how to use the magic of the colors I now have, and that I had heard to some voice tell me that some person to bring its children together or destroy them, which shocked Jace more than anything else I’ve say to that point.

“You are going to bring these ‘Children’ together or destroy them, hmmm, well I can tell you now that I am one of these ‘Children’ it spoke to you about, as are my friends that will teach you Red and Green magic, though I don’t see why it would have to be you of all people in the multiverse.” Jace says while thinking of a meaning for this.

“Could it have anything to do with the fact that in my world I’m the Element of Magic, and that magic is my special talent?” I ask him.

“What do you mean by that Twilight?” he asked.

I explain everything that I have been through up till the point of coming to Ravnica and meeting him. As I finish up one of the people from the fitting room comes to us and tells me that my clothes are done and if I want to come with her I can have them right now, to which I agree and tell Jace to wait right here for me while I get dressed.

Ten minutes later I’m in my new clothes, (what I saw some Vedalken wearing them and is what I chose to get), I walk over to Jace, who has this look of being lost in thought on his face, and gently lay my right hand on his shoulder to get his attention and ask him “How do I look?”

He looks at me from head to hoof and nods his approval “That looks great.” was his answer and then he says “I was thinking on how to start teaching you on Blue magic, and I think I have the perfect way, come follow me.” as he turns and starts to walk away, with me coming after him as excitement is all I feel.

Author's Note:

Next chapter is going to take a while, but at least I got chapter one out and it's a little longer that the last one, but anyway enjoy and thumbs up and comment if you like it.

May Princess Luna give you great dreams