• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 848 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Lights and Shadows - Part II - OmegaTale



Equestria, the Griffon Kingdom, and the Dragon Lands stand upon the brink of war as an even greater threat continues to rise in the shadows.

  • ...
2
 4
 848

Chapter 8

Apple Bloom opened her eyes suddenly and sat up in a flash, the blue light from the potion having impaired her vision as her eyes adjusted to the world around her. She was lying down in a field of grass with a gentle breeze cooling her sweat-covered forehead. The sky was filled with clouds, and so it was impossible to tell what time of the day it was.

“Sweetie Belle?” she asked aloud, still sitting in the grass. “Scootaloo?” Between waking up in some unknown place and her friends not responding to her, the little earth pony deduced that something had gone wrong. “Where y’all at?”

Trees dotted the field, but everything beyond it was blotted out by a thick fog. Apple Bloom stood up onto her hooves and looked around, searching for her friends.

“Scootaloo!?” A voice called out from the fog. “Apple Bloom!?”

“Sweetie Belle! Over here!” she replied back, galloping towards the source of the calls.

Just as she reached the edge of the fog, Sweetie came barreling through, plowing into the earth pony and sending them down onto the ground.

“There you are, I’ve been looking all over for you.” The unicorn said, standing and helping her friend up.

“Girls?” another voice called out. “Girls, where did you go?”

“Scootaloo!” both of the other crusaders shouted back. After a few moments, the pegasus filly came running through the fog only a few yards away. All three came together, the ominous atmosphere tugging at their fears.

“Where are we?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yeah, what happened Apple Bloom?” Sweetie added.

“Ah…ah don’t know….” She answered, looking around at the creepy setting. “The book said it was a teleportation spell!”

Sweetie thought about it for a moment, and it didn’t take long for the truth to click. “It was a teleportation spell, but it didn’t make Zecora come to us…..”

Scootaloo caught on. “It must’ve brought us to Zecora!”

All three fillies gasped as they looked up and around, having no idea where they were. If that really was the case, they could be half-way across Equestria, or even worse, they could not be in Equestria at all!

Apple Bloom dawned a confused expression. “But ah don’t get it….if it works the other way around, then where is Zecora?”

Sweetie spotted something behind them that made her freeze. “I think I might have an answer to that one, Apple Bloom….”

The two other ponies turned and saw a big cavern opening about a hundred yards away. The entrance was on a mountainside, only the mountain was covered in the fog as well, making it impossible to tell what it looked like. It was as if this area was one big dome of air surrounded by a magic haze, and that cavern was the only real, visible feature in the field except for a few trees.

“Aaaalright then,” Scootaloo said, sounding uneasy. “That’s not creepy or anything.”

Apple Bloom starting trotting towards it. Sweetie galloped ahead and stopped her friend with an outstretched arm. “What do you think you’re doing Apple Bloom!?”

The earth pony pushed down her friend’s arm. “Zecora has to be in that there cave.”

“You don’t know what else could be in there!” Sweetie added, hopping in front of her to halt her advance.

Apple Bloom was afraid, but fear wasn’t going to be enough to stop her now. “After everythin’ we went through to find her, ah am not gonna turn tail and run just because of some spooky cave!”

Spurred on by her fellow crusader’s bravery, Scootaloo hopped up and beside her. “I’m with you Apple Bloom! Let’s go find Zecora!”

Sweetie turned and looked at the cavern one more time, returning to her determined friends. “Okay, okay….let’s do it.”

Apple Bloom lifted up her hoof, which was joined by her friends’. “Cutie Mark Crusader Rescue Team! Go!” Lifting their hooves up in the air, the crusaders took off towards the solitary cavern.

As they approached it, the three got a better sense of how big it was. The top of the entrance had to at least be fifty feet off the ground, but strangely enough, the entrance gradually shrank in size the further it went in, becoming barely big enough for the three to walk in side-by-side. Slowly entering the near pitch-dark tunnel, the fillies stayed close together, being sure to remain very quiet. As it soon became pitch black, Sweetie used a small light spell with her horn.

The tunnel turned left and right, ducking down and rising again for quite a while. When finally the tunnel opened to a larger chamber, it empty with only a small waterfall and a mini-pond.

Looking up and around, Scootaloo sighed. “Dead end.”

“It can’t be….” Apple Bloom said to herself. “She has to be here!”

Sweetie inspected the chamber more closely, rubbing her chin with her hoof. “Maybe there’s some kind of hidden passage or something?”

The thought intrigued Scootaloo, who had gotten hooked on Daring Do books by Rainbow Dash for a while now. She joined the unicorn in searching the chamber, pausing when she walked up to the pond. “Maybe it’s under the water?” she suggested.

Apple Bloom walked up to it, all three now looking into the small pond. Sweetie used her magic to create a bigger light, better illuminating the cave for them. The water was crystal clear, but they still couldn’t see anything; the rock surface on the bottom blending everything together.

Dunking her head down into the water, Apple Bloom tried seeing what she could. A small flicker caught her eyes, but it was too weak to focus on. Pulling her head back up, she shook it real quick and turned to Sweetie. “Put your light out.”

Sweetie stopped her light spell and the chamber returned to darkness, only this time, the three could see a light down in the water, making the underwater passage plainly visible.

“It IS underwater!” Scootaloo said excitedly. “Sweet!”

“Give me a second to check it out.” Apple Bloom said, diving down in the water.

She swam down towards the light, reaching the passage in only a few seconds. But when she looked down the underwater corridor, she saw that it was very long. Looking around at the walls for another few moments, she returned to the surface where her friends awaited her, Sweetie having made a dim light for the earth pony to follow back up.

Pulling herself up and out, she shook the water off again. “It sure looks like the way, but it’s a long trip. Ah don’t know if we could make it on just one breath.”

Scootaloo looked to Sweetie. “You wouldn’t happen to know any air-bubble spells, would you?”

Sweetie shook her head. “Sorry, I’m still pretty new with using my magic.”

Apple Bloom raised her hoof to her chin, thinking about how they could get through, when she almost slipped on her other hoof. Looking down at the cavern floor, there was a small groove in the floor. “Hey Sweetie Belle, use your brighter spell again.” When the unicorn listened and cast the spell, the groove turned out to form a semi-circle on the floor. “Take a look at this y’all.”

All three sets of eyes inspected the strangely placed groove, noticing how scratched up and wet it looked. It was even with the rest of the floor, but it looked much more worn out and smoothed, as if moving water had begun eroding it. Apple Bloom stepped down on it with her hoof, but nothing happened. She walked over top of it and jumped up and down, feeling something, but still having no real reaction.

“Come on girls, ah think we’re onto somethin’.” The earth pony told them.

The other two fillies crowded onto it with her and they started jumping up and down randomly. The stone sank a little, but always rose back up. They tried at this for a minute or so, but ultimately nothing happened.

Apple Bloom then got an idea. “Hold up a sec.” she said, the three of them stopping. “All at once, ready?” The two others nodded. “One….two….three!”

Jumping up in unison, when they landed on the stone, it sank down a couple feet, descending into the floor. The fillies jumped up and out before it sank too low, turning to watch what happened. Its slow descent told them it was a mechanism of some kind that needed some initial pressure to be activated. As it lowered further, it created a whirlpool for the water in the pond, emptying out into it. The declining angle of the rock bottom made the water level gradually decrease, the secret passage being revealed. All of the water eventually found its way through, the small waterfall now only emptying into the hole.

“That was pretty cool!” Scootaloo said, looking down into the hole created by the mechanism.

Sweetie Belle spotted an angled surface leading down into where the pond was, descending into it safely. “This way girls, let’s see where it leads.”

Moving onward triumphantly, the crusaders delved into the hidden passage that was once submerged underwater. Its walls were smooth, made so by the constant flooding, and Apple Bloom was right; there was no way they could’ve traveled this far on one breath. The tunnel began to ascend to the point where it was a vertical passage, another chamber up just out of reach.

It was too wide to climb up with their backs together, and too tall to just pile up and reach. Sweetie tried using her magic to lift them up, but it proved too difficult. The light in the chamber above tormented the three, being so close.

Scootaloo looked back down the passage they had entered and pondered about something as the other two crusaders tried thinking of a way to get up into the next room.

“Think we can just climb it?” Apple Bloom asked.

“The walls are too smooth,” Sweetie replied. “There’s nothing to hold onto.” The unicorn perked up. “You think the two of us could toss Scoots up there while she jumps?”

Apple Bloom didn’t look too convinced. “Ah don’t know…”

“Hey,” Scootaloo said to them, grabbing their attention. “What if we re-flooded the passage? Wouldn’t the rising water just lift us up there?”

“Scootaloo, you’re a genius!” Sweetie exclaimed.

“Hehehe….” The pegasus scoffed. “I know, I know.”

Galloping back down the passage to the previous room, the three climbed back up the stone to the mechanism. It looked like there was a tunnel at the bottom where the water was drained out, pretty smart design. There was no clear indication on how to bring the pillar of stone back up.

Apple Bloom then examined the floor around the hole; one small area of the stone had risen a few inches, now lying just above the rest of the floor. This time, it only took Apple Bloom stepping onto it.

The cavern floor rumbled for a moment, and then a loud cranking noise began. The three looked back down the hole, seeing the stone pillar rising up again. At the same time, the small hole where the waterfall was flowing out from slide wider, making more water pour out into the chamber. “Quick, back down the hidden passage!” Sweetie called to them.

The crusaders barreled back down the tunnel, the water level quickly rising as it passed them, beginning to re-flood their path. Just as their hooves where lifted from the stone floor, they reached the opening, letting the water rise and bring them up with it. When they reached the top, the curve of the vertical passage stopped the water from rising any further.

Unlike the previous chamber, this one was completely lit on fire. The floor, walls, and even the ceiling was aflame, it was actually quite spectacular to look at. A metal door on a small platform of stone lied at the end of the chamber.

“Oh come on!” Sweetie shouted. “How in Equestria are we supposed to cross that!?”

“Wait…” Scootaloo said, confused. “How come these fires aren’t creating smoke?” She swiped her hoof through the water, sending some onto the floor. It momentarily doused the flames, revealing a matrix of strange plant vines underneath. They re-lit in seconds, obviously being highly flammable.

“Ah know what that is!” Apple Bloom said, splashing the vines again to get another look at them. “That there is ash-vine, Zecora taught me about it; it’s a plant that lights on fire easily but doesn’t burn. And since it can’t burn, it don’t make no smoke.”

Scootaloo looked up and around. “Sooo, the whole room is covered in it?”

“Ah guess so.” Apple Bloom replied.

“How do we get through it?” Sweetie asked.

The earth pony examined the flaming room, trying to figure out how to proceed. Just splashing water on it wouldn’t work, it re-lights too quickly. Remembering her lessons from Zecora, she pieced together a flaw in this room’s design. “Sweetie Belle, can you use your magic to grab hold of them vines?”

“Grab them?” the unicorn questioned her. “What good will that do?”

“Trust me, can you do it?” Apple Bloom encouraged her friend.

Sweetie looked down at the vines and closed her eyes, her horn lighting up. Her magic enveloped the vines, grabbing hold of them. The moment the vines were surrounded by her magic, they stopped burning.

“Whoa!” Scootaloo said, shaking her head in disbelief.

Sweetie Belle increased her magic output, grabbing hold of the vines in a straight line to the stone platform, beads of sweat on her head. She opened her eyes, saying, “O-okay! I’ve….I’ve got it! Go!”

All three fillies followed the trail of unlit vines in between the roaring flames. It was incredibly hot, and the little ponies moved slowly, not wanting to tread too close to the flames. When they reached the platform, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo helped Sweetie up onto it so that she could remain focused. Now safe from the flames, she stopped her spell, the trail disappearing in seconds.

“How did you know that would work?” Sweetie asked the earth pony.

Apple Bloom smiled. “Zecora taught me that the vines respond to magic; if a spell is used to grab them, they become fireproof.”

The fillies all smiled when they realized how much they had learned from the zebra, and how lost they would be without her help. They turned to the metal door, forgetting it was there for a moment. Approaching the steel handle, it had a five-digit combination lock on it.

“Who the hay built all of this?” Sweetie asked.

“Whoever it was, they sure wanted to keep anypony from getting in.” Scootaloo added.

Apple Bloom looked at the lock, tilting her head. “So, ah guess we just….what? Try random numbers?”

Scootaloo walked up to it. “One, two, three, four, five.” She said, trying the combination.

“Come on Scootaloo,” Apple Bloom mused. “You don’t really think that’ll-” The lock clicked open, the handle of the door turning and unlocking. The earth pony had a surprised expression conquer her face. “Huh….I’ll be darned.”

Scootaloo pushed the door open, the three walking through as Sweetie closed it behind them. Piles of gemstones and scrap metal lined the walls, somewhat organized. A small pool of water bubbled in extreme heat in the middle of the room, with several dozen torches wrapped in ash-vine lighting the chamber. To the back, a collection of hoof-drawn maps were placed together, forming a giant map of Equestria and beyond, expanding further than any of the three fillies had ever seen before.

The crusaders approached the map, seeing x’s marking different locations and certain sites labeled specifically. Canterlot, Crystal Empire, Griffonstone, Fireglow, the Everfree Forest, Horseshoe Bay….and Ponyville.

Seeing another corridor, Apple Bloom followed it, leading the three further into the cave. It opened to another chamber, where a large, steel cage sat in the center. Around it sat crates and books, most of them tempered, as if held near flames. Inside the cage, a lone zebra lied sleeping on a small mattress.

Apple Bloom gasped. “Ze-!”

Scootaloo covered her mouth suddenly and yanked her behind a crate, Sweetie following them. The echoing sound of someone in the other room made the three stay quiet. Zecora blinked her eyes open slowly, lifting her head up slightly as she looked at the chamber entrance.

With his wings folded in, his claws holding a basket of fruit and vegetables, and his scarlet eyes watching the zebra, Stormclaw the dragon entered the room. “Good afternoon Zecora.”

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all gasped quietly as they saw the black dragon. They couldn’t believe it, he was the one that pony-napped Zecora? Why would he? He was so nice to them before.

Stormclaw walked over to the locked entrance to the cage, stopping for a moment when he passed a few crates. He sniffed the air a few times, but then shook his head and kept walking. He opened the door to the cage and sat the basket in next to the zebra. “Comfortable?” he asked with an amused smirk.

Zecora sat up, no real expression on her face. “As well as I can be within a prison cell, but it is better than most, this I can tell.”

The dragon chuckled as he sat down, taking one of the pears and spinning it on his claw. “I still can’t get over how you rhyme every time you speak. Tried finding grapes, they’re difficult little things to track down.”

Taking a bite of one of the apples, once again pleasantly surprised by how fresh it was. She turned to him with mysticism in her eyes. “Why go through such trouble to keep me here? Ever since you’ve brought me, I’ve had nothing to fear.”

Stormclaw tilted his head for a moment, straightening up as he placed the pear back into the basket. “Only took you a few months to ask.” He turned to her, saying, “Call me what you want, but cruelty is only really necessary to a certain point. It would be a shame for your life to end having spent your last few months in poor conditions. At least this way you’ll die having not suffered.”

Zecora took in an uneasy breath, but remained calm best she could. “So the truth finally comes out I see, in the end, you really are going to end me?”

The black dragon looked off into the cave, shaking his head. “No...not I.” Zecora was confused at hearing his response, and he could see it, so he continued. “All of you ponies are so afraid of me…but fear is not what I want. I don’t want to kill any of you, and I don’t want any of you to suffer.” He took in a deep breath. “In the end….all of our deaths will come swiftly and without pain.”

The three fillies in hiding were so lost; what in Equestria was he talking about? All of this talk about death only made them more on edge, hoping that they weren’t going to witness anything tragic.

“Why do you desire to bring about your death?” Zecora asked him. “Is there nothing about this world that would be on your final breath?”

Stormclaw looked over at her, his fierce eyes holding a dim glow. “In the end, all life does is make you suffer.” His seriousness faded away and he chuckled, standing up. “There will be no avoiding this, little zebra. Your being here will just hurry it along; even if you were to get free, there is no stopping it now.” He walked out from the cage and closed the door. “I do appreciate your cooperation though; I had originally thought you were going to be a burden.”

“Even if what you say is true, what would I matter to someone like you?” she replied.

The dragon grabbed hold of one of the steel bars, gripping it tightly. His eyes glanced up at her, but then returned to the cage bar. “You seem like a fine pony, which makes this harder for me than it should be. But don’t think for a moment that it changes anything.” He let go of the metal, showing that it had bent underneath his grasp. “None of this is about what I want, it’s about what must be done.”

A sound echoing in the room made Stormclaw’s head turn instantly in its direction. The three fillies hiding behind the crate huddled together, thinking for a moment that it was something that they did. The sound came and went too fast to be analyzed, which puzzled the black dragon.

“Don’t go anywhere.” He teased the zebra, walking across the room and back into the previous chamber. Zecora sighed as she watched her captor walk out, taking another bite of her apple.

Moments after they were sure that the dragon was far enough away, the crusaders emerged from behind their hiding spot. “Zecora!” Apple Bloom said in a hushed tone.

The zebra perked up, in shock at seeing the three young ponies appear out from nowhere. “Young fillies, can this be true!?” she replied similarly, fearing for their safety from the black dragon. “Apple Bloom, my dear, is that really you!?”

The ponies galloped over to the cage door, attempting to pry it open with no luck. “We’ve come to bust you outta here!” Apple Bloom replied.

The fillies grunted and strained, pulling at the door. “Come on,” Scootaloo huffed. “Budge!”

The rusted metal buckled and bent, breaking down as the door fell. Sweetie used her magic to grab hold of it before it could make much noise, lowering it to the floor gently. They hurried inside and Zecora turned, receiving a hug from Apple Bloom as she returned it. A chain attached to her back leg kept her weighed down even though it looked like it hadn’t been on her for very long.

“Come on girls!” Apple Bloom whispered to them, grabbing at the chain. “We gotta hurry before he comes back!”


Peering into the entrance chamber, Stormclaw walked into it, sniffing at the air. The scent was all too familiar, but it couldn’t possibly be…

“Stormclaw?” Chrysalis asked, walking out from the dark. The black dragon was at a complete loss of words at seeing the changeling queen in his den.

“How did you find this place?” he asked her, head cocked to the side as he crossed his arms. “You’re supposed to be waiting for me in Canterlot.”

Chrysalis turned her head, her hair flowing back behind her. “I followed you,” she started, but hesitated. Stormclaw squinted as he noticed the nervousness in her voice. “You and I must talk….there is something wrong.”

The dragon found it hard to believe that she knew anything of consequence to him, and so he kept his cool. “Wrong? Has someone seen through your disguise?”

“No.” she replied.

“Will the summit not begin as scheduled?” he continued, tilting his head.

Chrysalis shook her head. “No, it begins at noon tomorrow as planned.” Stormclaw lifted his chin, his eyes watching her with interest. She caught onto what this look meant and shook her head again. “I….I’ve been having these strange feelings….ever since we three gathered at the hideout.” She looked confused, her eyes now cast upon the cave floor. “And….possibly even before….I can’t explain it, it just feels so….so….”

She cut herself off, looking diminished. Stormclaw couldn’t believe what he was seeing, was this real? Was she insinuating what he thought she was? Thinking he might be misinterpreting her meaning, he waited to respond.

The changeling queen looked up at him, her green eyes narrowing as he remained silent. “Is this your doing?” she questioned him. “What dark magic are you and that cursed unicorn casting upon me?”

Stormclaw couldn’t help but smirk at the accusation. Although tempted, he continued to restrain himself from acting upon his theory. “I keep no secrets from you, Chrysalis. Describe this feeling so I may better understand it, perhaps I can help you overcome whatever it is.”

She looked down at herself, the feeling flowing through her even now. It was made worse when her eyes returned to meet his gaze. “I….I can’t….” she struggled, lowering her head again. “It can’t be real….it must be a spell, or….something!” Now getting angry, she slammed her hooves down onto the rocks, but the anger died out fast, and she grew still. “It can’t be…”

There was a silence in the air for a few moments. The black dragon looked down upon the ashamed queen, who kept her head held low. The timing was perfect, and so he went for it. Slowly, he walked up to her, stopping only a whisper’s distance away. He lifted her chin gently with his claw, their eyes meeting as the sensation spiked inside of her again. Her gaze lowered from his, but returned in shock as she felt the dragon press his mouth to hers, offering the softest of kisses.

It only lasted for a moment, and then Stormclaw pulled back, keeping the queen locked in her breathless state. “The feeling is mutual.”

Chrysalis was kept in suspension for a few moments, but she then swatted away the dragon’s claw. Her eyes narrowed once again and her fangs clenched tightly in her jaws. “You imbecilic fool! To think that I, the queen of the changelings, could ever want a beast like you in such a way!?”

Having expected such a response, Stormclaw stood fast as the changeling glared daggers into him. “I care about you, Chrysalis,” He told her, attempting to calm the queen. “I’ve tried keeping it to myself, but I don’t want to….because I know you feel the same way about me.”

Chrysalis shook her head, her legs trembling slightly. “S-silence!” she shouted, backing away from him. “You mean nothing to me!”

Stormclaw moved forward, closing the gap between them. Chrysalis tried repelling him with her magic, but because of her lack of focus, the spell failed. “Please don’t back away,” he said gently. “All anyone has ever felt towards me was fear….until you. Chrysalis, you don’t have to be afraid...”

Feeling her back touch the cave wall, Chrysalis became pinned as the black dragon halted, inches away from her. Her entire body was quivering, not in fear of him, but of herself. They weren’t real, none of them were….they couldn’t be. The heat of his breath felt indescribable, almost like it fueled the fire blazing underneath her skin.

Lifting his claw up to her hair, Stormclaw felt the side of her face. “You once asked me why I was doing all of this, do you remember?”

The amount of love Chrysalis felt before her was overwhelming. How was this happening? Why was he so difficult for her to resist? Could this truly be….? All of these questions weighed down upon the queen, her mind racing to explain her feelings and prove the dragon wrong. But as Stormclaw leaned in closer to her, Chrysalis felt her heart stop.

“It was all just to be with you.” He whispered, pulling back.

Immediately, her fears were banished and her hunger gone; replaced by an all new desire, one she had never experienced before, one that drove her to finally give in.

Without a moment’s pause, Chrysalis advanced on the dragon, replying with a kiss more passionate than the one he had given her. Her hooves coiled around his neck as his claws grabbed her by the waist, pulling her against him tighter. All of time and space was gone between the two, and nothing was held back. Chrysalis felt all of it fade away, for in this moment, there was nothing she wanted more.

When finally they separated, sparks flew as they looked deeply into each other’s eyes. “After we take this world, I want you there with me, ruling by my side.” The queen said quietly, licking her lips with her long tongue. “I need you there with me…”

Stormclaw just offered a sinister smile in return. “For you, my queen, anything you desire.”

“To Canterlot then?” she asked him, the two releasing each other. He nodded and Chrysalis walked past him towards the door. Knowing that he was watching, she swayed her hips and peered back at him, a sly look in her eyes.

Stormclaw stifled a chuckle, enjoying the view. He knew Zecora would be fine until he returned, their trip wouldn’t take long. And now it seemed he wouldn’t be alone too often anyways. Before walking off to join the changeling queen, he couldn’t help but dawn another evil smile.

“All too easy.”


With one final tug, the crusaders managed to pop the bolt connecting the chain to the floor. Although it still weighed her down, Zecora stood up, immediately running to the cage opening. “Come little ones, together we must go!” she whispered. “Of your presence here, that dragon must not know!”

The four ponies snuck out and towards the exit into the next chamber. Scootaloo poked her head out, scanning the area. The black dragon was gone, with no trace of him anywhere. Gesturing forward the others, they proceeded to the door.

Sweetie Belle repeated her making of a path through the flaming room, and the flooding passage was still building back up, allowing them to escape with little to no problem at all. Emerging out from the cavern entrance, the cool air was all too refreshing to their lungs, especially Zecora; who hadn’t been outside that cave in months.

“So how do we get back home?” Sweetie asked them. “It’s not like we can just make that potion again.” Zecora looked to Apple Bloom in confusion upon hearing the potion statement. The earth pony replied with an innocent chuckle and shrugging of the shoulders.

Now looking up and around, the zebra nodded several times, examining the clouds overhead. She looked to the trees, the fog, and then back up to the sky. “I know where we are, but we mustn’t remain still. Away we must go, but not yet to Ponyville.”

Apple Bloom looked up at Zecora, her head tilted. “What do ya mean?” she asked. “We need to go home, ain’t that right y’all?”

“Where in Equestria are we anyways?” Scootaloo added in.

Zecora shook her head. “We are lucky enough that I haven’t forgot, but beware little fillies, in Equestria we are not.”

The crusaders all felt sick to their stomachs; so they really did warp beyond the borders of Equestria? The potion was so powerful that it sent them to a whole new land? How were they going to get back? And why did Zecora say that Ponyville wasn’t their destination?

“To the north we must travel, and to the north your home will be,” Zecora said, walking out into the field. “Be brave young ones; for now from danger, no pony is free.”

Author's Note:

Hey there everypony!
So we finally get to see what that potion did!
Our three favorite crusaders have finally found Zecora and are now on the run!
Who would've guessed such a thing could happen to Chrysalis? What does this mean for her and Stormclaw? And how will it affect our heroes?
Let's find out together!
Stay awesome everypony!