• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 848 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Lights and Shadows - Part II - OmegaTale



Equestria, the Griffon Kingdom, and the Dragon Lands stand upon the brink of war as an even greater threat continues to rise in the shadows.

  • ...
2
 4
 848

Chapter 5

Three days until the Grand Summit…

Trotting alongside Princess Twilight, Shadow felt somewhat on edge. The last time she left, he had experienced one of his more terrifying visions. He wasn’t fearing that it would happen again, but with that memory still fresh in his mind, it became worth being sure.

“So, you’re coming back tomorrow, right?” he asked her, trying his best not to raise suspicion.

“Of course, bright and early.” Twilight replied. “Still sure you don’t want to come along?”

Shadow nodded his head. “I’m sure. Fluttershy and I have a few plans today.”

“Your loss!” Rainbow cackled, soaring through the air overhead. “I can’t wait to see Rainbow Falls again!”

Starfall arched his shoulders and his ears fell flat to his head as he tried at a smile that came out rather uneasy. “Hehehe, y-yeah….”

Coming upon the train station, Shadow stopped on the platform. “Alright, have fun! See you tomorrow!”

Twilight, Rainbow, and Starlight all leaned out the windows and waved. “We’ll be back before you know it!”

Shadow waved back and the train took off, carrying his four friends off north. He remained on the platform waving until the train was far away. Lowering his hoof, he let out a sigh, but then took in a deep breath afterwards. Turning around, he walked back down the steps and onto the ground.

“No need to worry, Shadow.” He told himself as he went. “That memory yesterday was just a one-time thing, just go to the cottage, you’ll be fine.”

Stepping onto the path towards Fluttershy’s, Shadow kept his head held high. He had thought about a lot recently, but mostly it came down to what he should do now. Getting a job was a possibility, but where in Ponyville could he fit into the workplace? He couldn’t just sit back every day and do what he wanted at the expense of others, so what was it going to be.

Now on the road running along the Everfree Forest, he started pushing the thoughts aside for a breather. “It’s hardly been a month, just take this slow.” He told himself. There was no need to rush into a kind of living that would pressure him again, one mega-storm nightmare frenzy was enough for him.

Getting his mind off of the topic, he went through his schedule for the day with Fluttershy. Tea at the cottage, feeding the animals, walk around town, small get together with Pinkie and Rarity for dinner, and his return to the castle for the night. Simple enough.

Crossing the small bridge, Shadow walked up to the door and knocked on it. After a single knock, it opened slightly, having not been closed completely. Shadow pulled his hoof back and paused for a moment, watching the door open slowly.

Peeking his head in, he asked, “Fluttershy?”

Walking in through the opening, the door shut behind him and he turned around. Coiled over the door with his claw having pushed it shut, Equestria’s favorite draconequus looked down upon Shadow with piercing eyes.

“I think it’s time you and I had a little chat.” Discord said in a cold, emotionless voice.


With her hooves cupped under her chin, Rarity admired the purple crystal that her sister, Sweetie Belle, had given to her. The purple hue was dim but it kept a certain luster that was simply beautiful. It was lightweight, spherical, and very smooth. Whatever ‘friend’ it was who wanted her to have it sure knew her tastes; the only word suited to describe it was…

“Oh, how divine…” the unicorn said dreamily, gazing at the stone with her head now tilted slightly. “You just may be my new favorite gemstone.” She cooed, rubbing its surface with her hoof.

Sweetie Belle was such a sweetheart for delivering it, Rarity knew that she had to make up for her sister’s generosity, but for now, she just kept gazing into her crystal as if it was the most stunning dress in all Equestria.

This went on for a few more minutes until Rarity realized what time it was. “Oh, goodness me, I have a lot of work to do.” Using her magic to lift the crystal into her safe-keeping chest, she gave it one last giddy smile before closing the lid.


“What if we send a letter to Gabby asking her to deliver fliers all over Equestria to help find Zecora?” Sweetie Belle suggested.

The other two crusaders looked excited at first, but then Scootaloo remembered the problem. “She’s probably still busy working on fixing up Griffonstone along with the rest of the griffons.”

“Oh, yeah, right….” Sweetie replied, slouching down again.

Apple Bloom let out an annoyed huff. “There’s gotta be somethin’ we can do to find her! Come on, why don’t we scope out the edge of the Everfree Forest again?”

Scootaloo sighed. “We’ve done that like a thousand times already! Besides, if she were that close to Ponyville, somepony would have seen her by now.”

The three fillies went silent again, each of them deep in thought. They had been brainstorming almost non-stop to try and think of a solution to finding Zecora, but they hadn’t made any headway. No pony had found any evidence of the whereabouts of the missing zebra, not one shred of it.

Giving herself a break from thinking about a solution, Apple Bloom thought about Zecora instead. The earth pony hoped to Celestia that she was alright and safe wherever she was. She had left without packing a thing; her hut was left completely untouched. All of her books, ingredients, potions, tools….

“Wait a minute….” Apple Bloom said, examining her train of thought more carefully. “Ah got it!” Both Sweetie and Scootaloo perked up at hearing her revelation. “Ah bet we can make some kinda potion to find Zecora!”

“Us….?” Sweetie asked, confused. “Why wouldn’t we ask Twilight?”

“Or Starlight Glimmer for that matter.” Scootaloo added.

Apple Bloom shook her head. “You’ve seen how busy those two have been, they need space to do whatever princess stuff Twilight has on her hooves.” She explained. “Besides, ah know plenty about potions. All we need is a book or somethin’ to tell us what the ingredients are, and we can make it so that Zecora just appears here in Ponyville!”

Sweetie tilted her head. “Apple Bloom, is there even a potion that can do something like that?”

“It’s worth a shot, ain’t it?” the earth pony replied.

Scootaloo nodded her head in agreement. “I say we go for it, it’s not like we have any better plans, right?”

Sweetie let out a sigh and then turned back to Apple Bloom. “Okay, say there is a potion that can do that, where are we going to find the list of ingredients?”

Apple Bloom looked undeterred, and answered with her head held high. “Ah know just where to look!”


“Discord?” Shadow asked, unable to say much more before the draconequus began.

“No more games,” Discord growled. “I have run out of patience. Who were you before you became imprisoned in those ruins?”

“I…I…” Shadow mumbled, backing away at first. He stopped when he remembered what has changed in him since then. “I don’t remember. And I never want to.”

Discord shook his head. “You can fool Fluttershy, Twilight, and even Princess Celestia with that innocent act, but it won’t work on me! I have lived long enough to know dark magic when I see it, now tell me the truth.”

“Dark magic?” the shadow pony asked, confused. “What are you talking about?”

“The day we met in the Canterlot dungeon, I felt something.” Discord elaborated. “Something I hadn’t felt in centuries, since before my own imprisonment. You are shrouded in dark magic, you breathe it, and your very existence invites it into the world around you.”

Shadow’s eyes rose up, looking towards where his horn appears every time he uses his magic. He then looked back at where his wings appear, returning his troubled gaze to Discord. “What does it matter what kind of magic I use so long as I use it for the right reasons?” he asked.

“Oh, but that’s where you are wrong.” Discord replied, shaking his head. “I don’t know how you made Celestia forgive you, but she and I have seen what your power can do.” Disappearing and re-appearing behind him, Discord said, “Let me tell you a little story about a shadow and the princess of the night.”


Apple Bloom rooted through Zecora’s potion books as quickly as she could, knowing exactly which one she was looking for. Sweetie and Scootaloo stood behind her, the both of them looking rather nervous.

“Are you sure we should be here, Apple Bloom?” Scootaloo asked. “We can get in a lot of trouble for coming out into the Everfree Forest ourselves.”

“Are you kiddin’?” the earth pony said without a speck of worry. “Ah have been back and forth between here and the farm more times than ah can count, we’ll be fine.”

Sweetie watched her friend breeze through the books and toss them aside. “How do you even know what you’re looking for, Apple Bloom?”

“Ah was lookin’ through these here potion books before with Zecora,” she answered, starting to page through a new one. “Ah remember her tellin’ me about her advanced potions. If they can do what she said they could, ah recon one of them just might be able to bring her back.”

Sweetie tilted her head. “That sounds more like magic than a potion.”

Apple Bloom nodded as she kept looking. “She told me that sometimes magic and potions can be combined to create really useful effects. It can’t be too hard to make one that will just teleport her back here.”

Scootaloo now looked less optimistic about the idea. “If it can’t be too hard, why wouldn’t Twilight have tried it by now? She almost knows more about this stuff than even Zecora. I know you’ve been getting better with potion-making, but are you sure you can pull something like this off?”

“Here it is!” Apple Bloom said excitedly, turning around and placing the book on the floor. “A spell-potion of teleportation!”

All three fillies zoomed up as close to the book as they could get, all three of them curious to read what it said.

Appartitious Lacus. There were a few lines of text in a different language, but underneath it the crusaders recognized Zecora’s writing. Incantation-potion to find what has been lost.

While Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked excited, Sweetie eyed the text that was in a different language, slightly worried. “What do you think this part means?”

Apple Bloom waved off the worry. “Ah’m sure Zecora wrote this down to summarize it, you know, just in case Twilight ever asked to borrow it.”

“Look, here’s a list of ingredients!” Scootaloo added, pointing at the five items below.

“Alright crusaders,” Apple Bloom said, picking up the book. “Let’s gather them up and find Zecora!”


Rarity tilted her head to the side as she inspected the dress she was working on. She peered over at her cat, Opal, who paid little attention to her owner’s work. Turning back to her creation, the unicorn sighed.

“It’s missing something, Opal.” She said, tapping the side of her head with her hoof. “Ooooh, but what is it?”

As she stayed motionless in thought, the front door bell rang, telling her that somepony entered the boutique. “Rarity? Y’all around?”

Recognizing the farm accent in a heartbeat, Rarity trotted downstairs to greet her friend. “Good afternoon Applejack.”

Taking her hat from off her head, AJ let out a sigh. “Could we…talk about somethin’?”

Sensing her friend’s distress, Rarity didn’t hesitate to raise her hoof towards the stairs. “But of course darling, here, come to my inspiration room.”

Returning to the room where she was working on the dress, Rarity closed the door behind AJ, a worried look on her face.

“Applejack, what happened? You look dreadful.” She started, taking notice to the earth pony’s tired demeanor and grim expression. It looked as if she had just lost her farm to those ghastly Flim Flam Brothers and was now wallowing in defeat.

“Ah….ah did somethin’ terrible,” AJ said, her head stooped low. “Ah did somethin’ really terrible, Rarity.”

Trotting over to her friend, Rarity lifted a hoof up onto her shoulder. “Applejack, tell me what happened, it’s all alright.”

“But it ain’t.” AJ replied, looking up at her friend with eyes that looked so fragile. “Apple Bloom found out about Twilight’s theory of Zecora….she asked me if ah thought it was true….”

Rarity squinted in confusion, but then they opened wide when she realized what AJ was saying. “Applejack, did you….?”

Applejack lowered her head again. “Ah lied to her, ah told her I didn’t believe it….even though I do. And now, when she finds out the truth, she’ll still feel all torn up inside and she’ll know ah was lyin’…”

Rarity hugged her, trying to calm the earth pony who was shaking with regret. This was strange, AJ had lied before and felt bad, but this time she looked far worse than ever before. Rarity had scarcely ever seen her so upset, but she imagined it was all tied to the fact that it was Apple Bloom, her little sister, whose admiration meant more to AJ than anypony else.

“It’s alright Applejack,” Rarity tried soothing her. “Twilight could be wrong, and I’m willing to bet she wants to be. Zecora will come back and everything will be just fine, you’ll see.”

Backing away from her friend, AJ put her hat back on, trying to shake this terrible feeling from her. “Thanks Rarity, ah sure hope so….”

“Trust me darling, I know so.” The unicorn mused. “Now come lend me a hoof, I may just need an outside opinion on a problem I’ve been having.” As AJ walked up alongside her, she explained, “This is Sweetie Belle’s dress for the gala, but it’s missing something, a certain flair if you will. Every year I make her a dress to see that wonderful smile she has, but I fear this one just won’t do, not like this.”

Applejack knew she was no fashion pony, but perhaps helping Rarity would help get her mind off of her deception from yesterday. “Uh….ah don’t know Rares, ah think it looks real nice the way it is.”

Rarity pursed her lips, tilting her head as she looked at the design. “I don’t want it to look nice, I want it to look extraordinary! I want it to tell Sweetie Belle just how much her big sister cares about her! I told her that I would have it ready tonight!”

AJ tilted her head as well, trying to imagine what Rarity would like on it that she hasn’t already tried. Thinking about Sweetie, along with the other two crusaders, made her think about their shared cutie mark. “Ah guess you could try using somethin’ to match her cutie mark.” The suggestion made Rarity look over at the earth pony, and then back at the dress again. “Um…you’ve got the red and white shades matched, so why not add some purple gemstones or somethin’?”

It took a moment, a long, silent moment, but it then clicked. Rarity took in a huge gasp and her eyes sparkled with excitement. “Applejack!” she shouted in delight, grabbing her friend and shaking her quickly. “You’re a genius!”

Releasing AJ, Rarity pulled one of her labeled gem chests from out the back room and made the dress come closer to her. The chest opened and Rarity used her magic to begin a flow of purple gems onto the dress, forming just the right sequence for the perfect gala gown.

“This shade of purple is perfect!” Rarity squealed like a little filly. “Oh Sweetie Belle is going to absolutely LOVE IT!”

Just as the sequence was nearly complete for the perfect design, the gems stopped coming out from the chest. Looking at the dress, Rarity saw it was missing a single gem in one spot that made it look unsymmetrical. With a gasp, she galloped over to the chest, it was empty.

“No, no, no, no, no!” Rarity whined, jumping up and down, stopping only to collapse backwards, her drama couch cushioning her fall. “Why now!? It was going to be perfect!”

Raising an eyebrow, AJ asked, “Why don’t we just go out and look for some more?”

Rarity’s spirits, however, seemed destined not to be lifted. “These are extremely rare, dragon amethysts! No other gemstone has the same brilliant purple color!” She then broke out into her drama weeping, with her hoof draped across her forehead.

Wanting to help sooth Rarity as well as she soothed her, AJ trotted into the unicorn’s gem storage room and looked through a few chests. Applejack knew Rarity liked keeping her gems organized, but perhaps she could find one, just one to save her friend from her grief. Opening one of the more ornate chests, AJ couldn’t believe it; one gem, perfectly circular, sitting all by itself.

“Rarity, look, I found one you can use!” she said, trotting back into the inspiration room.

Rarity looked up, hope filling her eyes, only to have it fall away. Applejack had, in her hoof, the crystal that Sweetie had given her.

AJ caught the expression, now confused. “W-what? You can’t tell me it matters what kind of gem it is; it looks just like those amethysts, so use it.”

Rarity used her magic to lift the crystal from her friend’s hoof and levitate it over to her. She felt the smooth surface with her hooves, her eyes staring into the brilliant shine that it offered to her. “I…I can’t….”

“Wha….?” AJ managed, now lost. “Well why not?”

The crystal engulfed Rarity’s gaze, its beauty was without equal. It was giving Tom the diamond a run for his bits, and Rarity felt like it was calling to her, begging her not to let it go. AJ repeating her question snapped her out from the trance and she gently placed it down onto the couch, trotting back up to the dress design. The crystal could indeed fit, and even better, it would make the gown even greater than another normal amethyst would.

At her hesitation, the purple crystal on the couch began a very faint glow.

Rarity felt immense pressure building up inside her. Sweetie Belle had given her the crystal, wouldn’t it make sense to use it in a gown for her? Her little sister deserved the very best that Rarity’s talents had to offer. However, the crystal was, in fact, a gift from someone else, a friend of Rarity’s, would it be right to just give it away? She had never before seen such a graceful, gorgeous gemstone, and likely never would again.

Applejack stood, slightly worried by how silent Rarity was being. “Uh….Rarity?”

Merely thinking about the crystal gave Rarity a sense of majesty. Holding it in her hoof made her feel like royalty, as if no pony else in the whole world had ever seen such beauty. But she loved Sweetie Belle…..she wanted her little sister to be happy. Feeling so torn made Rarity close her eyes tightly and think hard. Trembling underneath the massive pressure, she knew which one she would choose, but she didn’t want to say it. How could she? What was wrong with her?

Trying one more time, AJ asked, “Rarity…?”

Opening her eyes and turning around, Rarity feigned a smile. “That’s quite alright Applejack, I’ve thought of a better design! One much more bold and…..well, fabulous!” Using her magic to levitate a pencil over to her, Rarity began drawing out the new design on a paper. “Thank you for visiting Applejack! Now if you’ll excuse me, I must get back to work!”

The sudden change of the atmosphere caught AJ off guard. She looked at her friend in confusion, the unicorn seemingly dropping all worry and previous doubt. “Um….alright.” she replied, walking to the door. “Ah guess ah’ll just….see ya later then?”

Rarity nodded, still focused on the drawing. “Sounds wonderful, have a lovely day!”

Applejack grimaced, but then opened the door and walked out, closing it behind her. The moment the earth pony left, Rarity dropped the façade and sat down, her pencil falling to the floor. “I’m so sorry, Sweetie Belle….”

The purple crystal had begun slowly turning around, but now stopped, the dim glow inside of it now churning about like a storm.


“No….no, you’re lying!” Shadow shouted, refusing to believe what he had just heard.

“Don’t pretend to deny it,” Discord said with a sneer. “Ever since I’ve had to pull Luna from your nightmare she’s been afraid of you, afraid to the point of panic. But you….I see the guilt in your eyes each and every time you look at her.”

Shadow remembered what he had seen when he stood before the statue of Nightmare Moon. It was no vision, it was a memory; even though it felt much different than the last one he had. Regardless of this feeling, Shadow didn’t allow it to control him like he had before.

“Whoever I was….” He said, his eyes fierce. “Whatever I was in the past, I’ve changed! I told you….I told all of you! I don’t want to remember anything!”

Reality began to bend around Discord, he had now had enough. “Why were you imprisoned in the Tree of Harmony!?” he demanded of the shadow pony.

“I don’t know!” Shadow yelled, backing away from the draconequus. A sudden throbbing pain in his head made Shadow grab at it with his hooves.

Discord used his magic to seal the door shut so he couldn’t get away. His body began to glow from the power of his chaotic magic. “What did you do to become imprisoned for so long!? How are you able to use such powerful magic!?

Shadow felt everything begin to become blurred out like before, although Discord’s voice continued to pierce through to him. The high-pitch sound began resonating in his ears as he closed his eyes tight, the world darkening to him.

Discord’s eyes glowed bright as he closed in on the frightened pony. “WHO ARE YOU!?

A spark of bright red emerged before a powerful pulse shot out from Shadow. Discord was recoiled back and shielded himself until the shock-wave ceased. Opening his eyes, he lowered his arms to see Shadow down on the floor.

The shadow pony’s fur lifted up and slowly waved randomly on his body, having reverted back to its more shadowy state. His eyes were closed and the red spark continued to appear and disappear around him. The air about the cottage was dense and dark, as if Shadow’s very presence was expelling the light from around him.

The draconequus didn’t move at first, he just stood there, waiting for something to happen. When nothing changed, he approached the nightmarish pony and stopped when he was just out of reach. Had he caused this? Was this a result of Shadow’s emotions, or something else?

Knowing that Fluttershy wouldn’t be gone for much longer, Discord leaned in towards Shadow. “Now, let’s see what’s going on in that head of yours….”

Using his magic to duplicate Luna’s dream spell, Discord reached down and touched the shadow pony’s forehead. Upon touching him, Shadow’s eyes opened, revealing them to be completely red, and Discord’s vision went dark.

“W-what is this!?” he gasped, unable to see anything around him, everything was black. He tried moving, but it was pointless, there was nothing around him, the darkness was all-encompassing. There was a snicker in the air, forcing a chill up Discord’s spine.

You always were a fool, Discord.

Discord couldn’t see anything, he could only hear the sound of this deep, twisted voice. “Show yourself!” the draconequus commanded, but he was met with laughter.

You proved yourself useful to me in the past, but now….now your magic would have only proven to be a nuisance. Thank you for surrendering it to me so naively.

Two claws emerged from the darkness around Discord and grabbed him, holding him still. He struggled and tugged, trying to use his magic, but nothing was working. Two red eyes opened in front of him, another low laugh echoing through the darkness.


The same strange, hindered senses started returning to Shadow as his whited out vision began to darken, images around him taking form. It was exactly like it had happened before, but now, now everything seemed darker.

The first thing that came to him was the shape of someone beside him. It looked like a pony as his vision began to become clearer. The flutter of wings came with the first sound, although it was too blurred to understand.

Without his command, Shadow’s head turned, bringing with it his still developing vision. Now he was looking up at a dragon….Gelder, he could tell it was him. His voice was the first to be understood, as Shadow’s senses returned to the blurred state of his last memory.

Bliss, what’s wrong?” Gelder asked, stepping over beside her.

Shadow’s gaze followed him and, now that his senses were understandable, he saw a white pegasus mare who looked out of breath. She had light, brilliant blue eyes. The top of her mane was black, but the bottom was rainbow-colored, a lot like Rainbow Dash. Her tail was different though, it was long, sleek, and black, and had a tuft of rainbow fur at the end. She looked rather small, especially when standing beside Gelder. Shadow could tell a decent amount of time had passed because of Gelder’s growth since then, perhaps a year or two.

My mom is sick, she needs medicine but we don’t have anything valuable enough to trade for it in the market.” Bliss said, her eyes swollen from crying.

Shadow knew this was a memory, but even now he felt the sadness in her voice, as if remembering it himself. His vision looked away for a moment, as if thinking. It returned to the two of them when Shadow heard his name.

Erebus, do you have anything Bliss can trade for medicine?” Gelder asked him.

It took a moment, but Shadow saw that his head shook. “No, I don’t.

Bliss went to cry again, but Gelder lifted her up. “Come on, don’t give up. I’ll find something to trade for the medicine, don’t you worry. Your mom is going to be all better in no time.

The pegasus sniffed, hugging him. “Thank you, Gelder….

Gelder lowered her to the ground, letting her release him. “Now you go on home and keep her company, I’ll be there as soon as I get it.

Bliss nodded and went running home as Gelder wasted no time in taking to the skies, a shockwave pulsing from around him as he went. Shadow watched as his gaze turned to look down at his bag. After a few moments of hesitation, his hoof emerged out from out the bag with the rare stone from Shadow’s previous vision.

Immediately, Shadow was appalled at seeing it. Not only did he keep it for himself, but he refused to give it to his friend, even though her mother was sick and needed it to trade for medicine.

He looked up with the stone in his hoof and felt a lot of pressure in his chest. Shadow was confused, what was he thinking about? All he could see was his actions, which was that of a young pony hesitating on what to do.

Not given much time to wonder about it, Shadow watched as his past-self stashed the stone away in the bag, picked it up, and took off in the direction that Bliss ran. Since he was a bit bigger than the pegasus, he caught up to her rather quickly, while calling out her name.

Bliss stopped and turned around, letting Shadow catch up to her, his breath labored by the running. “What is it Erebus?” she asked him, her head tilted.

Taking the stone out from the bag, Shadow watched as he looked at it one last time. Holding out his hoof, he offered it to her.

Before he had much time to react to what he saw, Shadow felt the darkness engulf him once again, blurring his senses and making everything disappear.


Shadow and Discord both rose from the ground at the same time, their gasps somewhat frightening one another.

“What happened!?” they both shouted at one another at the same time, continuing to do so. “Where did you go!? What did you see!?” They stepped away from one another, ending the strange conversation only to start another.

“I knew it!” Discord snarled. “Alright then Shadow, let’s see how you like living in a different dimension!” The draconequus clawed at the air, but nothing happened. “I said….different dimension!” he repeated, clawing at the air again, only to get the same result. He looked at his claw in disbelief and snapped it, trying to alter reality in any way he could. A few potted plants and miscellaneous objects around him came to life and began dancing around. “What in Equestria….?”

The door opened and Fluttershy stepped into the cottage, stopping when she saw both Shadow and Discord inside. Knowing he didn’t lose all of his magic, Discord disappeared from sight before anypony could say a word.

Fluttershy galloped over to Shadow, worried that something had happened. “Are you alright? Did Discord do anything to you?”

Shadow looked at Fluttershy, even as she spoke, with a bewildered expression. He managed to shake it off long enough to answer her.

“No.” he said, shaking his head. “We just talked is all, I’m perfectly fine.”


Two days until the Grand Summit…

Trixie sat patiently at the train station, awaiting the return of her friends from Rainbow Falls. She had wanted to go, but at the same time, found it worth her while to put on a show for a few ponies in the town square the day before.

Sitting with a small bag of cinnamon nuts, she munched down on her snack, using her magic to levitate a few of them through the air in a circular motion.

Hearing the train whistle from only a little ways away, she sat up on the bench, her ears perked up to listen for it again. Hearing the whistle, now even closer, Trixie rose up on her hooves and walked forward, squinting to see the train as it approached.

Docking at the station, the train came to a halt. Twilight and Rainbow emerged from the doors first, followed by Starlight and Starfall.

“So how was your trip?” Trixie asked, offering some of her cinnamon nuts to them.

“Very relaxing, a well needed rest from stress.” Twilight replied as Rainbow grabbed a hoof-full of Trixie’s snack.

“Yeah,” Rainbow said as she chewed the delectable food. “Starfall’s parents are wicked cool!”

Starlight looked around, asking, “Where are the rest of the girls? They usually all welcome us back whenever we return from an overnight trip.”

Trixie shrugged her shoulders. “Beats me, I guess they thought they had better things to do.”

Twilight chuckled, finally getting used to Trixie’s egocentric remarks. “I’m sure they have their reasons, probably all still preparing for the summit. Speaking of which, Starlight, Starfall, we have a lot of work to do.”

As Twilight, Starlight, and Starfall began heading towards the castle, Rainbow tried reaching for more cinnamon nuts, but Trixie levitated them out of her reach with a ‘mine’ look on her face. She then followed the three ponies. With time running out, the summit was almost upon them.

Author's Note:

Hey there everypony!
So Discord made his entrance in Part II with a bang, trying to figure Shadow out, but it ultimately backfired. What happened to him in there?
Shadow experienced another memory, but why is this happening to him? What do these memories mean?
The CMC are going to try at an ancient potion-spell, but will it be too much for the young trio?
The Grand Summit is coming and all of the world will be looking to Horseshoe Bay to watch what could be the largest meeting of leaders in Equestrian history! What will the rulers decide? Will there be peace?
Come back next week to see the final day before the summit!
Stay awesome everypony!