• Published 23rd Mar 2017
  • 1,341 Views, 12 Comments

Destiny : Twilight Voidwalker - The Misadventures - BackroundVoice



After the battle of Sepiks Prime, Twilight has been searching desperately for a warp drive in order to join her friends further out into space. But some of them don't think she should.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,341

The 6th - Chapter 1 : Rasputin's Hint

"Get that Dreg!!" I shouted as Twilight continued to gallop after the Fallen, holding something valuable under one of it's many appendages. The Dreg sprinted faster then Twilight could keep up, and at this rate, the Dreg would be off with our Warp Drive.

"Ghost! Call down the Sparrow!" Twilight ordered.

"I can't Guardian!" I told her, "The Jumpship would only be able to call it down onto the roof of the building!" But Twilight smiled after a short frown from hearing the problem with her request.

"Then call it down in that opening in front of us!" She said, and looking a little past the Dreg, I saw sunlight peering through a hole in the roof. This Mare and her crazy ideas, I thought as I began to direct our Jumpship into position.

"You do realize this could go completely wrong, right?" I told my half planning excuse of a bookworm.

"Call it down Ghost!" She ordered.

And with the Jumpship in position, I sent the order and the Sparrow materialized just after the Dreg had ran under the sunlight. Bounding into a jump, Twilight managed to hit the gas as her built up momentum collided with the Sparrow, jolting it at an alarming speed that nearly threw Twilight off of it. But she recovered, and caught up to the Dreg, and run it over. The Dregs body went flying into the air as Twilight reached her hooves into the air and caught Warpdrive.

"Victory!!" Twilight and I shouted as we made spiting noises at the back broken Dreg behind us.

But we were far from done with this mission of ours.

Looking back to the front of the Sparrow, Twilight went wide eyed as we began to boost into a very narrow tunnel. Twilight managed to get low before the walls decapitated her. And then we realized that the walls steadily got smaller as we kept moving forward through the tunnel. Thinking fast, Twilight used her magic the increase the anti-gravity in front of the Sparrow for her to crotch on the very tip of the it, all while steering it and keeping the thrust steady in speed until we came to the point of no return. We saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and around us, as sparks began to fly with the walls narrowing onto our Sparrow inch by inch.

Twilight held onto the Warpdrive for dear life as the we got to the very end, and the Sparrow exploded into a million pieces and we went flying out of the pipe, and onto the snow covered landscape of Old Ponyville.

Twilight skidded to a stop in the snow, and looked back at the smoking remains of her poor Sparrow.

"Thank Faust..." Twilight sighed as she laid her head onto the soft snow. Still hold the Warpdrive under her hooves, Twilight stood up and held it in the air, cheering. Finally we had found a genuine Warpdrive!

Or... So we thought.

With a closer look at the Warpdrive, we noticed a small crack in the Drive's sub-atomic fire core, and thought it best to toss it before it blew up in our face. And with one strong movement of body weight, the Warpdrive was in the air, and then it underwent Starflame break down and warped into a bluish black light that destroyed the Warpdrive completely.

Twilight's eyes welled up with tears as she looked on at the stardust remains of the Warpdrive.

"PONY FEATHERS!!!!!" Twilight cursed as she rubbed her hooves into her mane.

This was accompanied by our simultaneous screaming the word "No", not really caring who heard us.

Another Warpdrive, gone the way of all the earth.

A minute or two passed and my Guardian and I had gotten over our lose... Somewhat.

"Any..." Twilight began, sniffling, "Any missions near by...?"

"L- Let-" I stuttered, still a little out of sorts, "Let me check..."

And while I did, Twilight gathered the scattered parts of the Sparrow to ready it for Jumpship repair. The Jumpship came by and reconstructed the Sparrow the best it could. But even with it looking like a typical Sparrow, it sparked another fire in the engine, and died. Turning it into a lifeless piece of metal.

Twilight called the Sparrow back to the Jumpship.

"I guess we're on hoof again today, Ghost." Twilight said in a slump.

I sighed at the bad news, but tried to lighten up the mood with a bit of good news. "That's alright Guardian, I've found a Mission Nod over at the base of that cliff." I said, and Twilight got on all fours and made her way over there.

Coming to the Nod, blinking with an echoing light rippling chime, Twilight activated it and the Nod sounded off with a louder chime and continued to blink before it delivered it's message. But oddly enough, it started to stutter and break as the voice tried to talk to us. Twilight looked to me, hoping I could fix the voice coming from the Nod... And I hoped so too.

Changing some of the calibration output, I managed to shift the signal back into place, back the voice we heard was not of any Pony, Griffin, or Dragon. It was robotic.

"Track back to your Jumpship's launch site," the voice said. Meanwhile, I wanted to know more, tracking the signal to it's source, "Go to that place and it will supply you with the Warpdrive you seek for-" and then it cut off abruptly, shorting out the Nod in the process.

"Drat," I mumbled, failing to follow the signal to it's root, too many loops it led me through. But it must've cut itself off because I was getting close.

"What was that Ghost?" Twilight asked.

"I wish could tell you more, but the only clue I got out of that message was that it was a... A Warmind!?" I shocked myself with the information I managed to gather, "That was Rasputin!" I concluded.

"That A.I. Shining is always going on about?" Twilight made the connection.

"Yes," I said, "But why would he help us find a Warpdrive?"

Both of us thought it to be a little too good to be true, but we somehow found ourselves heading in that direction anyway.

"Are you sure about this Guardian?" I asked.

"About as sure as I can be Ghost. But..." Twilight began, "I'd better call in some back up anyway." Twilight admitted, and proceeded to message Apple Jack.

It's been 2 months since we've faced off against the House of Devils and reduced their God to a shell of metal and junk. And it's felt even longer since I've set out to follow the Speaker's quest for me. I have succeeded in finding myself a new Guardian to call Friend, but something inside me just feels like there's more missing to this question that I have... What is my Destiny? What am I meant to do with this Princess of Friendship? Am I to help her exact revenge upon the Darkness that left her home in the state it's in now? Or keep her from falling too deep into that Darkness, so at least her friends will recognize her by the end of all this.

Twilight glanced at me, and as our eyes met, she smiled warmly, but looked ahead as she kept trotting, and her expression went solemn.

The answer to that question is still unsure... All that I know now, is that I won't turn my back on her, no matter what kind of Monarch she becomes. Our fates are locked together... For better, for worse... Until death.