• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 774 Views, 9 Comments

Pony to Human in a Flash - My90sPony



Flash and Twilight have been missing each other, but will they get to stay together?

  • ...
4
 9
 774

Twilight and Flash Reunite

Meanwhile, Twilight was reading one of her books when Spike burped up a letter.

“Who’s it from?” Twilight looked up from her book.

“Cadance.” Spike looked at the seal on the letter; he unrolled it. “Dear Twilight, I’m writing to you because your brother is coming to visit with a surprise. I want to make sure that you’ll make it to the train station in time to greet them, because I think you’ll really love this surprise. Love, your sister Cadance.”

“‘Them’?” Twilight repeated. “Shining Armor must have gotten a surprise guest and wanted me to meet whoever it was.”

“Guess so...we’ll see once they arrive.” Spike shrugged.

“Right, we’d better go now.” Twilight bookmarked her book and set it aside.

They started walking to the train station...and the rest of her friends suddenly showed up.

“Wha-” Twilight was startled.

“My tail started a wag-waggin’ and I realized through my Pinkie Sense that a good friend of ours was going to get an exceptionally wonderful and life-changing surprise!” Pinkie bounced, her tail sure enough wagging like a happy dog’s. “I went to all our friends and asked if any of them were expecting something and they all said no so then we decided to find you and see if you were expecting anything!”

“Actually I am, my brother is coming over with...whoever it is.” Twilight said. “Cadance wrote to me and said that she wants me to go to the train station to greet ‘them’ so I’m guessing Shining is bringing someone for us to meet. Hold on...‘life changing’?”

“That could mean anything.” Fluttershy said nervously.

“I’m sure it means something good, Cadance also said that she thinks I’ll really love this surprise.” Twilight reassured her.

They all continued to the train station as Pinkie started guessing the surprise:

“Maybe it could be some kind of giant good luck charm in the shape of a phoenix! Or a super-duper yummy cake that gives you special powers...maybe spider abilities! Or how about a giant fuzzy creature with six legs, wings, twenty eyes, and the ability to let you know everything in the universe!”

As she continued guessing everyone else just internally laughed those guesses off.

Soon the train arrived, and a few seconds later Shining Armor stepped out.

“Twily!” He smiled. “Guess Cadance told you we were coming huh?”

“Yeah.” Twilight hugged her brother and he hugged her back. “Great to see you again BBBFF. So, who came with you?”

Shining stepped aside and Flash showed up. Everyone was confused.

“Flash? Why did...and what’s with the jack-” Twilight’s eyes widened. “Jacket?”

“Doesn’t Flash Sentry normally wear armor?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Flash smiled and moved around so that they could see his Cutie Mark.

“A guitar-” Twilight couldn’t believe it. “Human Flash?”

“Yeah.” Flash nodded.

Twilight’s friends dropped their mouths open.

“Wha-what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“I had to see you again, I missed you.” Flash said.

“But I thought you moved on.”

“I couldn’t...I thought you forgot about me.”

“I could never forget someone-somepony like you.” Twilight smiled.

They instantly hugged, relieved that neither of them had moved on. Twilight’s friends looked pretty emotional - Rainbow Dash less so but that was just because she was hiding it - and Pinkie even cried with joy.

“So...you love him too?” Shining Armor said to Twilight.

Twilight and Flash pulled away and Twilight smiled at her brother.

“Yes...I do.” She said.

Flash beamed.

“Well then...you’ve always had a really good taste in friends so I’ll trust your taste in stallions as well.” Shining Armor smiled. “Human Flash, you may date my sister. Just keep in mind that I was captain of the royal guard and I know magic-”

“Don’t worry, I could never hurt her.” Flash smiled.

“In fact he saved me back in the human world.” Twilight added. “Remember when Pinkie said that he proved that I really didn’t destroy a dance? That actually happened. Sunset had the decorations for a dance destroyed and pinned the blame on me but Flash proved my innocence. If it wasn’t for him I would’ve ended up stuck in the human world.”

“Well...I thank you for that.” Shining Armor smiled to Flash. “You sound noble and kind enough for my sister, so I’ll trust you. I’d better get going now before the train leaves-”

“Oh you can stay.” Twilight smiled. “I’ve really missed you and I would like to spend some time with you.”

“I’d like to get to know you more as well.” Flash added.

“Well...all right.” Shining smiled as he pulled a bag out of the train with his magic.

“You knew I was going to invite you to stay didn’t you?” Twilight smirked.

“More like I hoped...actually I figured that you’d want to spend all your time with Flash.” Shining admitted. “But I’m glad you want me to stay, and I’m sure Cadance can handle Flurry Heart for a few days.”

“Flurry Heart?” Flash asked.

“My niece.” Twilight explained before turning to her brother. “I do want to spend a lot of time with Flash, but I wouldn’t mind you spending time with us either.” Twilight then turned to her friends. “In fact I’d like all of you to spend time with both me and Flash now so that you can get to know him. Flash and I can go on a date-date later...maybe tonight?”

“It’s a date-date.” Flash grinned.

They left, Flash meeting Spike in his real form along the way. Flash was surprised about Spike actually being a dragon instead of a dog, not having found out about that detail before, but after recovering he found Spike’s real species very cool. Especially since Spike was a friendly dragon instead of a stereotypical brute of a dragon. Then after booking Shining Armor and Flash a couple rooms at the hotel and dropping their bags off they all headed for Sugarcube Corner.

“It’s amazing...seeing pony versions of everyone I know back home.” Flash said as he looked around. “So...what was pony me like? I wouldn’t be surprised if you got to know him after returning here.”

“Not much like you. I mean you both have the same coloring, voice, and even friendliness but he’s too serious and formal for me.” Twilight said. “He’s not exactly serious-serious, but being a guard and all...well, it’s more like he can’t be as casual as you can. At least you’re only serious when the situation calls for it. As for formal...well, I you already know about me being a princess right?” She double-checked

“Yeah.” Flash nodded. “But I don’t care whether you’re a princess or not, you’re still the same kind, caring, and brave person I fell in love with back in my world.”

“And that’s why I love you and don’t love the other Flash.” Twilight sighed. “He just couldn’t get his mind off the fact that I’m a princess. He kept insisting on calling me by my title even though I ordered him not to.”

“Eh, guard protocol.” Shining Armor shrugged. “He takes it seriously. Also you don’t have to call me prince while you’re dating my sister Flash. You can just call me Shining Armor.”

“Okay.” Flash smiled.

They entered Sugarcube Corner. Mrs. Cake showed up, Mr. Cake being busy in the kitchen.

“Well hello there.” She smiled. “And who is this?”

“This is Flash Sentry, my very special somepony.” Twilight smiled.

“Well I am happy to hear it, you deserve a fine young stallion and this one certainly looks it.”

“Thank you Mrs. Cake.” Flash said.

“How did-oh of course, you told him about me.” Mrs. Cake said. “So, what would you like?”

Flash wasn’t sure what to order, so everyone else ordered and Twilight ordered for Flash.

“You could see that she was the pony version of Mrs. Cake back home huh?” Twilight said after Mrs. Cake left to fill the orders.

“Yeah...same coloring. Plus they both run a cafe.” Flash nodded. “Heh, this is gonna make meeting other ponies you know a bit easier.”

They sat down at a table and started talking. They stopped when Mr. and Mrs. Cake showed up with their orders - not wanting to reveal Flash’s true identity yet - and then went back to talking after the Cakes left.

“Twilight I...I have to tell you something.” Flash looked a bit sad.

“What is it?” Twilight looked concerned.

“I can’t stay long. I promised my parents back home that I’d return before the portal closes.” Flash admitted.

“What? I mean I can understand why they would make you promise that but-” Twilight now was upset.

“Don’t worry, I’m planning on leaving earlier so that I have time to convince them...to let me move here permanently.” Flash said.

Everyone else dropped their mouths open.

“Wha- You...you would give up your human life just for me?” Twilight said.

“You’re more than worth it.” Flash smiled.

Twilight, very moved, hugged him, her friends smiled joyfully, and Shining Armor smiled approvingly.

They hung out for a long time talking and showing Flash around Ponyville. They then parted ways when it got close to dinnertime.

“I’m gonna go rest at the hotel now.” Shining Armor winked to Twlight and Flash.

“Okay.” Twilight smirked.

“Thank you.” Flash smiled.

After Shining Armor left Twilight took Flash to a restaurant so that they could have their first official date. Afterwards Flash dropped Twilight off back at the Castle of Friendship, even though it was a bit of a walk.

“Wow...this is amazing.” Flash smiled. “Definitely a castle worthy of you.”

“Thanks, but it’s not entirely my castle.” Twilight smiled. “My friends, and Spike as well, also have their own thrones.”

“Not surprised...wait, isn’t Spike also your friend?”

“Yeah, but he’s also like my little brother.”

“Oh.”

“Say, would you like a tour?” Twilight asked.

“Just the throne room for now.” Flash smiled. “I mean I would like to see the whole castle, but it is kinda late. However I would like to see your friends’ and little brother’s thrones as well as your own.”

“Okay.” Twilight smiled. “I’ll also tell you how the castle came into existence.”

She explained where the castle had come from while escorting him inside and leading him to the throne room. Flash was fascinated by the idea of a magical tree and the Cutie Map’s ability to send certain ponies to friendship problems, and loved the fact that each throne had a respective friend’s Cutie Mark on it.

“Even though it probably doesn’t matter who sits where, the Cutie Marks add a nice decorative touch.” He finished. “And it’s extra cool that Spike gets one as well...too bad that dragons don’t have Cutie Marks though, it would be neat to see what symbol would be on Spike’s throne.”

“Yeah, that would be interesting.” Twilight smiled. “But so many symbols represent Spike that it would be hard to pick which one, so we can’t add one ourselves right now.”

“True, not sure which symbol would be best myself, unless...you think anything dog-related could work?” Flash shrugged.

“Well, Spike is as loyal as a dog.” Twilight considered. “But lets not worry about that right now, if Spike needed a symbol on his throne the tree would’ve given him one.

“Good point.”

Since it was late, Twilight now walked Flash back outside.

“I admit, I’ve felt empty ever since you left.” Flash said as they walked.

“I’ve felt really lonely too...I’m sorry for not saying goodbye before leaving, but-”

“It’s okay, your human friends explained.” Flash smiled.

“Oh, good...that reminds me, how is Sunset Shimmer?”

“She’s doing a lot better...she still feels kinda bad about the past but she’s become a good friend.” Flash smiled. “She even told me a few details about the portal and let me go to you.”

“I’m glad...Celestia will be glad to hear it as well, she’s still worried about her.” Twilight said. “Sunset was her pupil before she took me in.”

“No wonder she was so jealous of you...she always did want to be the best.” Flash nodded. “That part of her hasn’t changed either...she’s now trying to be the best friend she can be.”

“That’s a good thing to be best at.” Twilight smiled.

Flash blushed a little. By this point they were outside, but Flash stopped at the door for a moment.

“You know...you’re even more beautiful as a pony than you were as a human.” He smiled.

“You make a very handsome stallion yourself...more handsome than your pony counterpart anyway.” Twilight smiled back.

“I’m glad, I mean that armor was kinda cool but it’s not my style.” Flash chuckled.

“Yeah, that jacket looks a lot better on you.” Twilight nodded.

They moved their faces closer as they talked...and before they knew it they kissed. Twilight was overwhelmed by the amount of love she felt. She realized that she now knew how Cadance feels about Shining...and she also knew that if Flash’s parents wouldn’t let him move into Equestria permanently she would be heartbroken forever. Flash in turn knew that Twilight was the one, for he now couldn’t imagine a life without her. He also knew that he was going to even go as far as begging in order to make his parents agree to his moving into Equestria permanently. He was going to do whatever it takes to be with Twilight.

That night Twilight slept peacefully, full of happy dreams of Flash. But then a green glow surrounded her, causing her to wake up. She was confused at first, but then she gasped with horror....