• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 774 Views, 9 Comments

Pony to Human in a Flash - My90sPony



Flash and Twilight have been missing each other, but will they get to stay together?

  • ...
4
 9
 774

An Enemy Returns

The next morning Twilight woke up and left the castle, deciding to go see Flash. She saw Flash walking around Ponyville not too much later.

“Hi Twilight.” Flash smiled, full of love.

“Hello Flash.” Twilight smiled back.

“So, what would you like to do today?” Flash asked.

“Anything with you is fine.” Twilight said.

So they hung out around Ponyville.

Spike woke up and went into the kitchen. Since Twilight wasn’t there he decided to check on her in her bedroom but she wasn’t there either. Neither was Owlowiscious.

“That’s weird, normally Twilight tries to wake me up before leaving to let me sleep in.” He said to himself. “Oh well, she was just probably too excited to see Flash again. I know how she feels, if Rarity and I were dating I’d most likely do the same thing.”

He went downstairs to the library to see if Owlowiscious was there. He was.

“Morning Owlowiscious.” He said.

“Whoo.” Owlowiscious said worriedly.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked. “Something didn’t happen to Twilight did it?”

Owlowiscious nodded.

“Oh no...what?” Spike asked.

Owlowiscious flew over to a book on a table and pointed to a picture of something....

“A Changeling?” Spike’s eyes widened. “You mean an evil Changeling showed up last night?”

Owlowiscious nodded.

“Aw man...having a nocturnal pet comes in handy.” Spike was now worried. “I’d better warn the others.”
Owlowiscious hooted warningly, but Spike just ran to the door...and couldn’t open it.

“I guess the Changeling saw you and knew that you had seen what happened to Twilight.” Spike facepalmed. “Clever little pests....”

Outside....

“Say Twilight, where’s Spike?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yes, is he all right?” Rarity asked.

“He’s fine, he just had a few chores to do.” Twilight said. “He’ll probably be busy for a while. Same with...Owlowiscious, he’s helping him.”

“Maybe you should consider givin’ them a break sometime.” Applejack advised.

“I will later, it’s just that the chores are really important. Now, if you’ll excuse us I’d like to take a walk with Flash.”

“Sure thing, we have plans anyway.” Pinkie grinned, bouncing.

Twilight and Flash took a walk...Flash for some reason was starting to feel a bit weak but shrugged it off. He figured that his love for Twilight was just overwhelming him.

That evening they headed back to town hall since they were told that a surprise was going to take place there. Flash, having gotten to know human Pinkie really well, figured that pony Pinkie had set up a surprise party for him and Twilight. He was right.

The party went on great...until Twilight started to dance. That’s when everypony stared, because Twilight was dancing gracefully! Flash and Twilight’s closest friends were especially stunned. Finally Twilight stopped, realizing that everypony was staring at her.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“You’re not the real Twilight!” Flash glared.

“What are you talking about, of course I am.”

“No you’re not, because the real Twilight doesn’t dance like that!” Flash said. “I should know, I danced with her when she was in my world! In the exact same style she does!”

“You did?” Rainbow Dash was surprised.

“Yeah...it was kinda fun actually.” Flash nodded.

“Sounds like true love to me.” Rarity smiled before glaring at Twilight. “He is right though, Twilight has never danced like that before. Though I admit I’m a little surprised that she danced in her usual style while she was in his world...I mean after all a biped dancing like a quadruped isn’t something you see every day.”

“Wait...biped? And what world are you talking about?” Twilight asked.

“I’d tell you, except if you were the real Twilight you’d already know due to having been there before.” Flash smirked triumphantly.

Twilight glared at him...and instantly transformed! In her place was Chrysalis!

“You!” Shining Armor glared.

“Who are you?” Flash gasped, disgusted by Chrysalis’s appearance.

“That’s Chrysalis!” Rainbow Dash gasped.

“She was the queen of the changelings.” Applejack explained. “Changelings are creatures who can take the form of somepony you love and then gain power by feedin’ off your love for him...or her. We managed to reform most of them but some, includin' Chrysalis, declared revenge instead.”

“So that’s why I’ve been feeling weak lately....” Flash realized.

“That’s right, I’ve been spying on Twilight Sparkle ever since she and her friends last defeated me.” Chrysalis boasted. “Then you showed up and...well, I’m sure you can guess the rest.”

“Where is Twilight?” Flash demanded.

“Ha, like I’m going to tell you.” Chrysalis scoffed. “You are in no position to threaten me so don’t even bother to try.”

“Oh no?” Flash smirked. “Everypony get as far away as you can and cover your ears!”

Everypony did despite not knowing what he was planning. But then when Flash brought his guitar to his front they got it and were immediately glad that they had listened to him. Chrysalis however looked at him with confusion...until Flash started playing his guitar loudly...and badly. She covered her ears, tortured by the sound.

“Stop it!” She begged. “Stop it!”

“Not until you tell me where Twilight is!” Flash said over the noise.

Chrysalis screamed for a few moments....

“All right all right!” She gave in.

Flash stopped playing his guitar.

“She’s at the old castle in the Everfree Forest.” Chrysalis groaned, massaging her ears. “You can save her...if you make it in time.”

“We’ll come with you.” Applejack said to Flash.

“No, I want to get there as soon as possible and that will require flying.” Flash shook his head. “Only Rainbow Dash will come to show me the way.”

No one wanted to waste time arguing, so they gave in.

“Be careful.” Rarity said. “Remember you’re not that used to flying.”

“That won’t stop me.” Flash said determinedly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help him.” Rainbow Dash saluted.

“Please save my sister.” Shining Armor said worriedly to Flash.

“I will, I promise.” Flash smiled reassuringly back.

He and Rainbow Dash flew towards the Everfree forest and over it. Chrysalis tried to slow them down with obstacles but their determination to save Twilight caused them to ignore all the obstacles. Determination also allowed Flash to fly as if he had always flown, though he was still kinda far behind Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

Now I know at the end of the episode To Where and Back Again Chrysalis declared revenge on Starlight, but I figured she eventually found out that Twilight was the one who reformed Starlight. Since Twilight ruined the wedding plan, and her reforming Starlight ruined the kidnapping plan, I thought that maybe Chrysalis would want to get Twilight out of the way before targeting the others.