• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 774 Views, 9 Comments

Pony to Human in a Flash - My90sPony



Flash and Twilight have been missing each other, but will they get to stay together?

  • ...
4
 9
 774

Double Surprise

Going through it made him disoriented, but once he came out the other side he felt better...apart from feeling awkward on two legs. Remembering that ponies are quadrupeds, he let himself go down on all fours.

“Wow...I’m a pony.” He was a bit stunned, but recovered quickly.

He then looked around and saw that he was in some sort of empty but fancy room. Once he turned around and saw a mirror behind him, he instantly guessed that it was the portal back home.

“I wonder where I am...probably somewhere official like the White House or House of Congress.” Flash guessed to himself. “A portal to another world is certainly not something you’d put within public reach....”

He looked at himself at the mirror, but only his front. He didn’t check out the rest of his body due to knowing what a pony basically looked like.

“Huh...I don’t look half bad-” Flash’s eyes widened as his wings suddenly popped into view. “Geez...I’m not a pony, I’m a pegasus. Pretty cool...though it’s going to take me a long time to get used to this.”

He then decided to put his jacket on and start looking for Twilight. Since he didn’t have opposable thumbs it wasn’t easy, and the wings made it extra tricky. Luckily when he did get it on it fit, his wings even poked through a couple holes in the jacket that hadn’t been there before. He realized that objects also morphed to match the needs of the world it was transferred too.

Flash then got his stuff. His guitar hadn’t changed except for being a bit smaller, but his bag was now a saddlebag. Since he still wasn’t sure how to use his hooves he used his mouth to swing both items around him. He then left the room and started walking through the building. As he looked around he noted to himself that wherever he was it was really fancy for a government building.

He then saw pony guards appear and immediately became nervous...but they did nothing more than give him a confused look. Flash took a chance and walked past them...and they just stared after him confusedly. They didn’t even say anything. Other pony guards did the same thing. He knew they were guards and not security men because they wore armor instead of suits. This confused him, normally government buildings didn’t have guards at all. Just a bunch of security men keeping an eye on things.

Then he saw a familiar looking pony guard show up. The pony guard saw him and dropped his mouth open. They looked almost exactly like each other!

Suddenly the other guards pointed their spears at the previously-human Flash.

“Hold it right there imposter!” One guard said.

Previously-human Flash wanted to protest, but seeing his pony counterpart right in front of him made it hard for him to speak.

“I’m surprised none of you caught on earlier.” Pony Flash said. “He has a different Cutie Mark.”

“A what?” PH Flash said, turning to where his pony counterpart was pointing.

There, on his...flank as he recalled...was the image of a guitar with a lightning bolt going through the body.

Pony Flash and the other guards all looked at each other confusedly, surprised that this imposter didn’t know what a Cutie Mark was. He couldn’t have been one of the Changelings who didn't reform then, since Changelings knew about Cutie Marks, but he might be something else dangerous. Or maybe he was a Changeling and was pretending to be oblivious to further hide his identity.

“Take him to Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadance.” Pony Flash decided.

“Prince? Princess?” PH Flash was stunned, though had to admit that it explained the guards and the interior look of the building.

Pony Flash and the guards were even more confused, but took PH Flash to Cadance and Shining. Once Shining and Cadance saw him they dropped their mouths open.

“Who are you?” Shining Armor demanded.

“Flash Sentry.” PH Flash said.

“But that’s my name!” Pony Flash frowned.

“What?” PH Flash stared at him. “Well that explains the similar appearance....” He then thought.

“Don’t lie, who are you?” Shining Armor glared.

“I told you, it’s Flash Sentry...well it is back where I come from....” PH Flash shook his head. “I don’t know, seeing a pony version of myself has made me all confused now.”

“Where you...pony version....” Cadance frowned with confusion. “Where did you come from?”

“Canterlot High...another world.” Previously-human Flash explained. “In my world I was a creature called a human.”

“Oh!” Cadance then smiled. “Yes Twilight told us about your world. So you’re the human Flash.”

Pony Flash and the guards relaxed and the guards backed off.

“Yes....” PH Flash was relieved. “Good I’m glad...wait, you know Twilight?”

“Yes, she’s my sister.” Shining Armor nodded.

PH Flash’s eyes widened.

“Your sis-oh, duh.” He facehoofed. “That’s right, human Twilight has a brother with the same name. Sorry, my earlier confusion messed with my memory a little.”

“That’s right, Twilight told us that she met her human counterpart.” Cadance smiled. “It’s okay, I can see traveling through a new world being mind-boggling for anyone.”

“Same here.” Shining Armor agreed.

“So...wait a minute, Dean Cadance’s pony counterpart is an alicorn?” PH Flash suddenly noticed Cadance’s wings.

“Uh-huh, around here alicorns are automatically members of royalty, though we have to earn our wings. Or horn in my case, I actually used to be a pegasus.” Cadance explained.

“Huh...so that means Twilight used to be a unicorn?” PH Flash guessed.

“Exactly- You know she’s a princess?” Shining Armor realized.

“Yeah, ended up finding out through...well...did Twilight tell you about the Fall Formal?” PH Flash asked.

“As a matter of fact she told us the whole story. I see, her being a princess came up during then.”

“Indirectly, more like it was easy for me to put two and two together after finding out that the crown Sunset Shimmer wanted contains magic and Twilight is its true bearer.” PH Flash explained. “Actually, I think pretty much everyone in the school caught on after she reformed Sunset since Principal Celestia called her a princess, but it never came up that much in conversations so I didn’t find out for sure.”

“Principal...oh that’s right, Twilight told us about that. So royalty are nonexistent in your world?” Cadance guessed.

“No there are countries that still use royalty, just not mine. We use governments instead to rule everyone- Wait, are Celestia and Luna royalty here?” PH Flash realized.

“Yes, my aunts.” Cadance nodded. “In fact they’re the main rulers of Equestria, with Celestia controlling the sun and Luna controlling the moon.”

“Huh, sounds similar to Greek/Roman mythology.” PH Flash mused. “In my world the sun and moon are billions of miles away and our planet - Earth - revolves around the sun while the moon revolves around the Earth.”

“Greek/Roman mythology?” Shining Armor tilted his head a little.

“Yes, ancient humans used to come up with ways to explain the world and mythology was one of them. It’s kinda complicated, but basically each culture believed in a set of magical beings called gods who controlled everything. Amongst the Greek gods were two who controlled the sun and moon, and the Romans later adopted the Greek gods as their own.”

“Wow, crazy.”

“Yeah, I guess it kinda is, but either way I do have to give the Greeks credit for creating some great stories.” PH Flash chuckled.

“Yes...well, all that aside I must ask my second question: what are you doing here?” Shining Armor asked, only with a more friendly tone than his first question had been spoken in.

“I...came to see Twilight.” PH Flash admitted. “I’ve been missing her so much these past two and a half years and wanted to see her again.”

“Oh.” Shining armor hesitated, his ‘big brother instinct’ acting up. “You...two became friends?”

“A little more than that...I hope.” PH Flash blushed. “I...fell in love with her back when she was in my world. ”

Cadance remembered how Twilight’s romance with pony Flash didn’t even begin, and realized that she still had feelings for human Flash but found pony Flash too different to use as a substitute.

Pony Flash frowned, realizing that that was why Twilight started to hang out with him before getting annoyed over his insistence of being formal towards her. He is a royal guard after all and royal guards are supposed to be formal with royalty....

“You did? For what reasons?” Cadance asked, wanting to test PH Flash’s love first.

“Because she’s kind, caring, defensive of others, forgiving, and not afraid to be herself even if it might embarrass her.” PH Flash rubbed the back of his head. “Finding out that she’s a pony and a princess never changed my feelings for her either, because I saw something special when I looked into her eyes the second time we...‘bumped into each other’. And even though I haven’t seen her in months, I still love her enough to give us another chance.”

“You bumped into her twice?” Pony Flash said.

“Yeah...you too?” PH Flash turned to him.

“Well, more like she bumped into me.” Pony Flash corrected. “Once I was standing still and she walked into me, and the second time we were walking in opposite directions of the same hallway.”

“Oh. In my case the crowd made her lose her balance the first time and the second time we accidentally walked into each other after she got her drink at this cafe I go to a lot.” PH Flash said.

“Ah....” Pony Flash didn’t want to say anything disrespectful, but he did wonder why Princess Twilight couldn’t be more graceful.

Anyway, after hearing why PH Flash fell in love with Twilight Shining Armor smiled.

“Very well, since you seem to love her sincerely and took the trouble to visit a world you don’t even know just to see her I’ll take you to her.” He said.

“Thank you.” PH Flash smiled.

Shining Armor escorted PH Flash to the train station. PH Flash felt a little better upon seeing something that was also in his world, but still felt a bit awkward being amongst a different species.

Author's Note:

Just to explain the big difference between the two Flashes: Pony Flash had grown up amongst high society, and all the high class ponies he knew were graceful and sophisticated...if not a bit snobby. Plus his army training made him more formal and serious about most things, even though he was friendly and could even joke now and then. Human Flash on the other hand wasn’t really serious at all unless it was during something important, and he was only formal in the polite sense instead of ‘high class’ formal. Also since he never received any army training Human Flash was a bit more awkward at times and sometimes clumsy...kinda like Twilight really.
That was what endeared Human Flash to Twilight: his similarity to her kept him from ever becoming annoyed or embarrassed by her awkwardness, he was polite without being too formal (which Twilight needed more than complete formalities due to her humble background), and was less serious but could be serious if the situation called for it (which, again, she needed because she used to be too serious, plus there were those panic attacks she used to get...).
Plus there was the bonus that Human Flash was able to get to know her before finding out about her being a princess. That she needed most of all: someone who would love her even if she wasn’t a princess. Someone who would love her even if she became a cross between two entirely different species, which described Human Flash perfectly. Even after she gained a few details from her pony form during Sunset’s defeat he still wanted to dance with her. He wasn’t put off by her...unique appearance nor even her dancing (which tended to put off most other ponies).
Also the mirror was back the the Crystal Empire castle because Pinkie Pie (the pony one) kept trying to go through it to check out the human world, and Twilight obviously didn't want her to visit the human world on her own. Sending the mirror back to the Crystal Empire prevented Pinkie from continuing to attempt going through the mirror, but also contributed to Twilight and everyone else forgetting about the portal being permanently active.