• Published 21st Mar 2017
  • 828 Views, 5 Comments

Cycle of Darkness - Razor Blade the Unicron



Trixie has gotten stuck in a time loop. She arrives in Ponyville everyday with the Alicorn Amulet around her neck, and banishes Twilight. Will she ever be able to overtake the evil in the Amulet?

  • ...
1
 5
 828

The Great and Relieved Trixie

Trixie tripped as she ran off from Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle, but simply got back up and kept running. Unlike last time, she wasn't run in shame and humiliation, but with joy and relief in her heart. Twilight Sparkle had tricked her into taking off the Alicorn Amulet, so she was no longer being corrupted by it. The freedom from the dark magic was unlike anything she had ever felt before.

Thank you, Twilight Sparkle. thought Trixie as she ran. If it weren't for you, I would still be corrupted by that Amulet. I'll return some day when I can properly thank you for what you've done for me.

Trixie stopped running, and sat down to catch her breath. The stars were shining brightly in the sky, specifically the Northern Star. She could make out the constellations of the Big Dipper, Orion, and Ursa Major. That one made her blush in embarrassment. Her "fight" with the Ursa Minor after her lies had been one of her most humiliating moments, but even the Great and Powerful Trixie couldn't let her ego grow too much.

Stop thinking about the past. Think about the future. It's all behind you now.

Trixie couldn't help but lay down and continue to look up at the stars. She saw Leo, Hydra, Gemini, and Pisces. Though she wasn't that great at many things, Trixie did know her constellations. The night sky had always been something that fascinated her, with its peaceful beauty and slightly changing look. Plus, the stars didn't judge her for past mistakes.

The Northern Star is so bright tonight. I've never seen it like this before.

The Northern Star very slowly began to shift in color, which Trixie didn't even notice until she realized that the star had gone from yellow to orange.

That's odd... I've never seen any star do something like that...

It slowly faded from orange to a dark red that was extremely similar to a certain jewel that Trixie had seen very recently.

Why is the Northern Star the same color as the Alicorn Amulet? Am I seeing things?

Oh, my dear. You're just starting to see.

And at that, the Northern Star flashed down a beam of light to Trixie, and everything went dark for the exhausted and scared unicorn.

...

"Stop picking on my friends, Trixie!" cried Twilight Sparkle as Rainbow Dash flew around unbalanced and Snips and Snails ran around trying to get unstuck.

"You and I have some unfinished business." said Trixie as the wind gently blew on her mane. "My magic's gotten better since I was here last." Since the Ursa Major. "And I'm going to prove it! Me and you, a magic duel. Winner stays, loser leaves Ponyville," her eyes flashed with magic, "Forever!"

"Forget it!" snapped Twilight Sparkle, stamping her hoof on the ground. "I'd never make a deal like that!" She turned her back to Trixie, who smiled unapologetically.

"Hmph. Your choice."

Trixie's horn flared up with magic, and she grabbed Spike with it. She levitated him up into the air, and very carefully squashed him into a perfect sphere, which she then bounced up and down on the ground.

"Trixie, put time down!" yelled Twilight Sparkle angrily.

Sparkle, do you always say that when I hold one of your friends in my magic? Wait, why am I even thinking this?

Trixie bounced Spike on the ground, and then into a basketball net that she made with her magic. As Rainbow Dash nearly crashed into the ground, Rarity cried about how awful she looked, Snips and Snails still ran around, and Spike bounced, Twilight Sparkle turned to face Trixie.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked.

"Why?" asked Trixie angrily; Twilight should have already known! "Because you humiliated me!" The magic on her horn flared brightly. "After you showed me up with that Ursa Minor, I became a laughingstock! Everywhere I went, I was laughed at and ostracized! I even had to take a job on a rock farm just to earn a living! A rock farm!"

"Hey!" cried Pinkie Pie indignantly. "You're lucky a rock farm would accept the likes of you!"

Trixie's horn flared up once more, and a red glow surrounded Pinkie Pie.

Don't remove her mouth, that's too cruel.

She disrespected you. Teach her a lesson.

Then just the mouth but not the nose.

Nopony had seemed to notice that Trixie had paused to think. Her horn flared once more, and Pinkie Pie's mouth vanished from off her face. However, her nose still remained, and Pinkie Pie let out a hum of surprise.

"Now I want revenge." said Trixie with a grin. "And I'll keep on casting spells until you agree."

Trixie's horn flared up once more.

Wait a second, didn't I already do this?

Books fell out of Twilight Sparkle's now upside-down library.

Of course you did not, fool! If you had already challenged Twilight Sparkle, you would have already won!

"Alright, Trixie." said Twilight Sparkle, turning back to face her. "Let's duel."

Was I just talking? I don't remember just talking...

In a flash of light, everything was returned to normal, except for Pinkie's mouth.

Just continue on with the plan.

An apple cart went flying through the air.

Just I could have sworn that this all feels so familiar to me...

The ground became covered in snow.

Well it isn't. So shut up.

Twilight Sparkle failed to do an age spell.

Am I arguing with myself?

Trixie threw Twilight Sparkle outside of Ponyville.

...

Trixie cracked a whip above Snips and Snails as they pulled her wheel-less cart.

This has happened before! I just know it!

"-but I guess you'll never see the totally awesome magic from beyond the Everfree Forest!" called Twilight Sparkle tauntingly.

Yesterday! All of this happened yesterday! What's going on?

"Hey!" cried Twilight Sparkle as Trixie grabbed her Amulet with her magic. "Give it back!"

But why?

"I also knew that the only pony who could get the Amulet off your neck was you." finished Twilight Sparkle.

"But... what about the pony with the ten instruments?" asked Trixie.

"That's not magic! That's just Pinkie Pie!"

Trixie nodded, and then froze in place as her eyes widened.

Did I just relive that entire day over again?

"Trixie?" asked Twilight Sparkle. "Are you okay?

"Twilight Sparkle..." said Trixie nervously. "Have you ever relived an entire day-"

There was a flash of red light, and everything went dark.

....

-with no idea of how it could have happened?

"Stop picking on my friends, Trixie!" cried Twilight Sparkle as Rainbow Dash flew around unbalanced and Snips and Snails ran around trying to get unstuck.

"You and I have some unfinished business." said Trixie as the wind gently blew on her mane. "My magic's gotten better since I was here last." Since the Ursa Major. "And I'm going to prove it! Me and you, a magic duel. Winner stays, loser leaves Ponyville," her eyes flashed with magic, "Forever!"

"Forget it!" snapped Twilight Sparkle, stamping her hoof on the ground. "I'd never make a deal like that!" She turned her back to Trixie, who smiled unapologetically.

No... Again? Please tell me this isn't happening...

"Hmph." said Trixie. "Your choice."

Oh, my dear. You're just starting to see.