• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 1,052 Views, 1 Comments

Crystal Empire (Reboot) - Shadow Master



Twilight Sparkle and her friends must protect Crystal Empire from King Sombra and King Umbreon! But will she triumph or be corrupted by Dark Magic?

  • ...
6
 1
 1,052

Chapter 2: Crystal Shocks

Twilight Sparkle, Ben Valorheart, Strikspell, Golden Heart and even Spike returned to Crystal Palace's Throne Chamber. They made some reports to both Shining Armor and Princess Cadance while having discussion of what they have found from Crystal History Book.

"A 'Crystal Faire'." Twilight Sparkle answered calmly while reading the history book, which was held by Spike. She continued, "According to this book, it was established by their first queen and became their most important tradition. The Faire was held every year to "renew the spirit of love and unity in the empire so they could protect it from harm"." She smiled as she looked at both her brother and sister-in-law, "My friends and I could put it together. Everything we need to know is in the book!"

"That sounds pretty promising." Shining Armor smiled.

Strikespell huffed, "I find it waste of time and effort."

"You've got a better idea?" Ben Valorheart asked dryly. And before Strikespell could say, he exclaimed in anger, "And don't even suggest the idea of charging and duel with the Kings!"

"No. Just you and me. Unless you're too coward to fight with him."

"Wanna a bet?!"

"Come and try me, little boy."

"I'm not little!"

"Looks like one to me especially how naive and stupid you really are!"

"That's it! You asked for it!"

"Boys, enough!" Princess Cadance shouted while groaned in exhaustion. Shining Armor held her up. She sighed, "Right now, we've got a good solution. And it's time to try and use it. It's better than nothing. I can't hold this much longer."

Golden Heart nodded in agreement, "We don't have much time now. We need to do it now."

"We'll get started right away." Twilight Sparkle said as she turned to her friends, "C'mon, guys, we've got a Crystal Faire to put together!"

As Twilight Sparkle and Spike turned and headed off, the boys followed them from behind. And at the same time, Ben Valorheart stuck his tongue at Strikespell, who gave a slap on the brown Earth Pony's head. Golden Heart sighed in annoyance while shaking his head.


Twilight Sparkle and her group entered the meeting chamber, where the rest of her friends were waiting for them. As they approached the table, Twilight Sparkle began explaining the situation and even giving instruction of what they can do by singing.

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Cadance needs our help
Her magic will not last forever
I think we can do it
But we need to work together

Twilight Sparkle levitated and placed the history book on the table for everyone to see and read it, so they can choose the event and duty they do for the Crystal Ponies.

Twilight Sparkle: We have to get this right
Yes, we have to make them see
We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

Choosing jousting event, she donned her armors for it. Found interesting in fashions and flags, she gathered silks and fabrics for designs. Applejack headed to the garden in collecting crystal berries for feasts. Fluttershy sought Crystal Sheep for petting zoo.

Rainbow Dash: It says that they liked jousting

Rarity: They flew a flag of many hues

Applejack: Made sweets of crystal berries

Fluttershy: They had a petting zoo with tiny ewes

After they chose their duties, Twilight Sparkle and her friends headed off and prepared Crystal Faire with their duties especially Pinkie Pie was good at it. Ben Valorheart, Spike and Golden Heart set a puppet shows about a group of ponies finding the Crystal Heart and becoming Crystal Ponies.

Strikespell was annoyed by the idea as he looked around of Crystal Empire in searching for something that can help him to fight back King Sombra and King Umbreon.

All sans Strikespell: Oh, we have to get this right
Yes, we have to make them see
We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

Spotting a flugelhorn, Pinkie Pie picked and blew it outloud, making everyone cringed at it. Strikespell was annoyed as he grabbed while glaring at her being nervous and worried. Twilight Sparkle prepared the national anthem for Crystal Empire.

Pinkie Pie: There was a crystal flugelhorn
That every pony liked to play

Twilight Sparkle: And the Crystal Kingdom anthem
Can you learn it in a day?

Twilight Sparkle and her friends make one last preparation of Crystal Faire. For minutes later, everything has been settled. The time of festive is now...

All: Oh, we have to get this right
Yes, we have to make them see
We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

"It looks amazing!" Twilight Sparkle remarked in amazement, "I don't know how I could've done this without you! One last check to make sure everything is in place, and then the festivities can begin!"

"This is a mistake," Strikespell remarked dryly. Everyone looked at him. He continued, "If you think a festival like this one could help us defeat twin kings? Then, you're a fool."

Everyone was annoyed by Strikespell's negative and sarcastic remarks. Why can't he be more positive and optimistic than being negative?

Ben Valorheart groaned in anger, "You've got a better idea, buddy? Don't say prepare a war or a fight with Sombra and Umbreon. They're too strong for us!"

"And you think a festival like this can help us to stop him?!"

"Yes! Twilight said that Faire will help lifting Crystal Ponies' spirits up to protect their home from anything. If they can, then they can do the same to Sombra and Umbreon!"

"How exactly? How will they able to fight their enemies if their spirits lifted?! What can they do to their enemies?!"

"Uh..." Ben Valorheart was speechless and shocked as he sighed, "I don't know."

Strikespell scoffed, "That's what I thought. Always prefer 'do it' than 'thinking of how to do it'. You're really a fool, naive and coward, little boy."

"Don't call me that, jerk! I am not!"

"Yes, you are. You can't even beat me in a chess or a duel. You'd never win, little brat."

Ben Valorheart groaned in anger, "Want a bet?!"

"Be my guess, coward," Strikespell remarked dryly.

Strikespell and Ben Valorheart were about to attack, but stopped by Golden Heart, who came in between them.

"Enough! This is not the time to fight or compete! We may not know of what Crystal Ponies are capable of, but all we can do is help and be prepare for anything. Understand?!"

Ben Valorheart and Strikespell groaned in annoyance before sighed in defeat while nodded in agreement. Golden Heart sighed in relief.

"What's this thing for?" Applejack asked as she looked at the heart stone on pillar stand.

Twilight Sparkle smiled, "The last page of the book mentioned a Crystal Heart as the faire's centerpiece, so I used my magic to cut one out of a crystal block."

"Nice work, Twi. Think we're ready to get this faire up and runnin'." Applejack commented.

Twilight Sparkle smiled and nodded in agreement as she and her friends headed off and fulfill their duty. She returned to Crystal Empire's Palace, along with Ben Valorheart, Strikespell, Golden Heart and Pinkie Pie.

"This is foolish," Strikespell remarked dryly.


On Crystal Empire Palace's balcony, Pinkie Pie blew flugelhorn loudly and noisily. Twilight Sparkle emerged from the entrance, along with both Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. Strikespell, Ben Valorheart and Golden Heart stood behind of them.

Twilight Sparkle was about to announce, but Pinkie Pie blew the flugelhorn again. It annoyed everyone on the balcony, causing Strikespell grab and threw it away from their position. Pinkie Pie was annoyed and angered by it but found her friends glared at her. She smiled sheepishly.

Twilight Sparkle sighed before cleared her throat, "Ahem. Hear ye, hear ye! Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor do cordially invite you to attend the Crystal Faire!"

Heard the news, Crystal Ponies emerged and came out from their homes. They all headed straight to the Crystal Empire Palace. Some of them suddenly have their bodies, manes and tails brightened up like they were in high spirit. A few were confuse and puzzled of the event. They all chatted as they entered the faire.

Applejack approached and greeted Crystal Ponies, "Come on in, y'all. Got food and drinks thataway, games and crafts are thataway, Crystal Heart to the back near the Princess."

Some of Crystal Ponies were surprise while others were confuse and puzzle of it. They all chatted while looking around of the faire. They all enjoyed both entertainment and eating their foods. One-by-one; Crystal Ponies regained their strength, spiritual and even optimistic.

Autumn Gem looked around of her surroundings. She couldn't help but smile like she remembered something special and important about the faire.

"Seeing all of this, I feel like I'm starting to remember. Remember things from before the kings," Autumn Gem said in surprise. She gasped in surprise as she got spirited up, "The Crystal Heart! It must be! Why else Lord Golden Heart prepare for this!"

Rainbow Dash scoffed as she flew towards Autumn Gem, "Of course we have it! Can't have a Crystal Faire without the Crystal Heart, right?"

"Yes. Can I see it?"

"Sure. Follow me."

Rainbow Dash guided and led Autumn Gem to the altar, where Twilight Sparkle was discussing with Applejack of what they can do with the event. As she took a glimpse on the Crystal Heart, Autumn Gem gasped in shock and fear.

"Oh, no! Y-You didn't find it! You crafted it out of stones?!" Autumn Gem asked in shock and fear. Twilight Sparkle and her friends were confused by her. She hissed in concern, "Of course. You didn't know it. Sombra and Umbreon removed all of the information about Crystal Heart! All Crystal Ponies were in low spirit to remember the important details too! So, no one can find and use it to against them!" She groaned in anger before stomped her hooves on the ground hard, "Damn it! I should have remembered and tell you about this! This is not good!"

"Autumn Gem, what's wrong?" Twilight Sparkle asked in concern and confusion. Applejack turned and looked at her. She sighed, "I met her when we were gathering the information."

"What's so important about Crystal Heart?" Applejack asked in confusion.

Autumn Gem sighed, "The whole purpose of the Crystal Faire is to lift the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, so the light within them can power the Crystal Heart, so that the Empire can be protected."

"Wait! What?!" Mane Three asked in shock.

"It's true. The last time everyone heard of it that King Sombra and King Umbreon hidden it away where we would never see it again!" Autumn Gem exclaimed in fear and concern. She turned and looked at the Crystal Heart statue. She hissed, "You need to hide it now! If any Crystal Pony saw this, they will lose their spirits! We can't let this happen!"

Heard of what Autumn Gem has said, Mane Three panicked in fear while looking around in finding something to hide the Crystal Heart statue. Spotted a fabric from stall, Autumn Gem quickly grabbed it and hid on Crystal Heart statue at once. They all sighed in relief.

"Autumn Gem, I need you follow me," Twilight Sparkle said in concern, "We need your help now."


Guided Autumn Gem to the palace, Mane Three explained everything to the rest of their allies what Crystal Pony has told them. The rest were in shock and concern.

"I didn't know it was an actual relic! The book didn't mention anything about the Crystal Ponies powering the Heart!" Twilight Sparkle exclaimed frantically as she flipped the pages in search of Crystal Heart information. Arriving the last page, she found it being tear out, "There was a page missing. How did I not notice?!"

Autumn Gem sighed, "It's my fault. If I have remembered it, I would have-!"

"It's not your fault, Gem," Golden Heart interrupted, "Sombra and Umbreon knew that Celestia or Luna ever come and aid Crystal Empire again, they have to remove all the information that help Crystal Ponies to protect your home. Effective strategy, but unacceptable for removing its history and vital information!"

"It's alright, Twilight." Princess Cadance said weakly before falling down but grabbed and held by Shining Armor. She sighed as she found her horn's magical aura dispersed. She groaned, "No..."

"Twily..." Shining Armor said in concern.

HOWL! Everyone turned and looked at the front. The shield Princess Cadance has created dispersed. They saw the large amount of shadows approached Crystal Empire. Both King Sombra and King Umbreon smirked darkly as they chuckled evilly.

"Damn it! They're coming!" Strikespell groaned in anger, "The Empire is under attack. We have to go out and attack them now!"

Ben Valorheart gasped, "No! It's too dangerous! We'll get killed by the second, we charge at them both!"

Princess Cadance recovered from exhaustion as Shining Armor helped her out. As she stand, she once again summoned her Magic of Love in creating a shield again.

Spotting shield raising up from the ground, both King Sombra and King Umbreon charged towards the shield at once. As they were closed to Crystal Empire, King Umbreon stayed back while King Sombra has his horn cut off, making him screamed in pain. The shield on Crystal Empire is up and running.

With the Crystal Empire in safe again, everyone sighed in relief. Strikespell turned and glared at Ben Valorheart.

"See?" Strikespell asked in anger, "This is what happen if you don't think first before you act!"

"Back off, jerk! None of us knew it! We have to do something! Plus, Cadance would have knocked out by any seconds or minutes if we don't help out!"

"Oh! That's a great idea! Just enjoy this stupid Crystal Faire without knowing what the hell are we supposed to do!"

Ben Valorheart groaned in anger, "You're unbearable! You're no help at all!"

"Maybe if you have listened to my advice from the start," Strikespell exclaimed in anger, "Crystal Empire would have been saved!"

"Just attack and kill them?!" Ben Valorheart asked in anger. He rebuffed, "Well, that's just genius, genius!"

"No! Get the information! That's what I was trying to tell if you had just shut up!" Strikespell exclaimed in anger.

"Cut it out!" Shining Armor exclaimed in anger. Everyone kept quiet as they looked at him. He turned to his wife and found she panted heavily. He knew she's too tired to keep the shield up. He groaned, "I have to find the Crystal Heart!"

"No, you stay here with Cadance." Twilight Sparkle protested, "She needs you, Shining Armor. I'll retrieve the Heart."

Rainbow Dash smirked, "Let's do this!"

Golden Heart turned to Autumn Gem, "Autumn Gem, remain here with Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. Look after them."

Autumn Gem nodded, "I will. And please, bring him back to me.

Leaving Shining Armor, Princess Cadance and Autumn Gem behind while nodded to Crystal Pony about the promise, Twilight Sparkle and her friends headed off while climbing down the stairs.

"I've been trying to figure out how I'm meant to pass Celestia's test especially the Crystal Lesson she taught me about." Twilight Sparkle said in realization, "Retrieving the Crystal Heart must be it." She turned to her friends, "But there is something else you can do."

Everyone nodded in agreement of what she wants them to do, Twilight Sparkle answered, "You and the rest of our friends have to keep the Faire going." They all gasped in shock and concern. They protested. Twilight Sparkle explained, "The whole purpose of the Crystal Faire is to lift the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, so they can activate the Crystal Heart."

Golden Heart nodded in understanding, "If the Crystal Ponies find out that King Sombra is trying to take over the Empire again or Crystal Heart we crated, their spirits are gonna be anything but lifted."

Twilight Sparkle added, "It won't matter if I find the Crystal Heart. They won't be able to make it work. You have to keep them happy here at the Faire."

Rainbow Dash sighed in defeat, "Keep the Faire going and the Crystal Ponies' spirits high. Done and done!"

Applejack nodded in agreement, "Take care, Twilight. And stay alive too."

Twilight Sparkle nodded, "I will."

Exited the palace, Rainbow Dash and Applejack headed off to do their assignment. Cowgirl pony looked after the Crystal Heart statue while making sure that nopony go nears to it or find it out. Rainbow Dash headed to inform her friends about it.

Twilight Sparkle found three stallions remained still while looking at her.

"You should go," Twilight Sparkle said firmly, "I need to do this alone."

"Not gonna happen," Ben Valorheart protested. Twilight Sparkle was about to argue. He interrupted, "Don't argue with me. I'm gonna with you, no matter what! I won't stop you from finding Crystal Heart but I'll protect you from traps and enemies. Just in case."

Strikespell scoffed, "And someone needs to keep an eye on you, just in case if you wanna run away like a coward."

"Shut up..." Ben Valorheart said dryly.

"And you'll need me as your advisor," Golden Heart said calmly, "We might not have much time, we must find it now."

"I know," Twilight Sparkle nodded.

Twilight Sparkle and her group were about to head off but spotted Shining Armor called and waved her to look at him.

"Twily, be careful." Shining Armor called.

Twilight Sparkle nodded, "I will."

Thus, Twilight Sparkle and her team headed off while finding the Crystal Heart at once...


Outside of Crystal Empire, King Sombra and King Umbreon growled and snarled in anger while going around of the dome shield.

King Sombra growled, "Seems that Princess got second wind to get the shield back"

"Even so that small shard will do it's part nicely..." King Umbreon said in amusement, "we will reclaim our Kingdom and reclaim our Crystal slaves "

King Sombra nodded firmly, "Autumn Gem is not to be harmed when we attack. Understand, brother?"

"Still thinking about that Mare..." King Umbreon asked in amusement, "I thought 1000 years of being imprisoned would of rotted away all that goodie to shoe side of yours my powers have no flaw especially the fight we have."

"Maybe. But I refuse to forget her. If she ever harm..."

"Alright... Autumn Gem will not be harmed. I rather not waste my time with this bickering."

"We saw those none Crystal Ponies they may plan to seek out what was stolen."

"Many traps will ensure they will never find it."

"And what of the Purple Unicorn? She has an Alicorn with her?"

"Even so, it is no matter. They will not survive what we shall unleash. Nopony will..."


Inside the dome shield, a shard horn of King Sombra dissolved to the ground as it slowly created and formed a blackish crystal-like. The true terror is about to begin...

To be Continued...

Review and Suggest...