• Published 19th Mar 2017
  • 2,071 Views, 79 Comments

Chasing Eternity. - the frank



300 years ago, Twilight Sparkle lost Rarity. Now, they're getting a second chance. With a little more bite this time.

  • ...
9
 79
 2,071

6. Dear diary. (A few excerpts from the journal of her majesty Princess Twilight Sparkle)

Year 324 A.N.R.

Entry #15-6
Usual routine. Sunset still don't think Brinner is a good name.

Tomorrow it will be 263 years, two months and three days since... *teardrop stain*

Entry #17-6

Usual routine. I also want to forget about yesterday. It is still impossible to make a spell to make a memory disappear. D probably could help, but it is not worth the risk. Yet. It has only been 200 years. I can survive a few more.

Entry #21-6
Unusual routine. Blackcurrant. Refreshing. I needed some change today.

Entry # 22-6
Usual routine. Parsnips was down with the flu today. His replacement apparantly sports a russian accent. Why?

Well, not why they do, apparently they're from Stalliongrad. Why do I have a prussian secretary? They would be more efficient as a conductor to the royal chamber orchestra.

I may need to send them to the conservatory.

Entry #23-6
Usual routine. Night court got a few of 'those' cases. When did I grant a stallion to marry a haycart? I dismissed him, refering to not having a proper license for marriage, just for driving in the old town. He claimed that was the same. I don't want to know what he meant.

That stallion was weird.

And he still managed to find love. *teardrop stain*

Entry #24-6

No. Just... No. *teardrop stain*
Entry #25-6
Entry #26-6
Entry #27-6
Entry #28-6
Entry #29-6
Entry #30-6
Entry #1-7
Entry #2-7
Entry #3-7

Entry #4-7

Usual routine all these days. I didn't have the energy to write anything detailed, and if I want to know what I have done, there's still the royal archives. They have everything stored, including what I had for brinner.

I...
The royal Equinox ball is coming up. I don't want to. I really don't want to. I am considering asking Griffonia for a small war. But I don't think I will. That's more of Sunset's thing anyway.

Entry #7-7

Ball is tonight. Adagio came yesterday. I took Sunset's duties for yesterday, today, and tomorrow. They don't get even half the time together that they deserve these days. That was many T's... I want some tea. I will get it.

Strawberry, with honey. Perfect. Celestia's special for rainy days. I need to write to her. The moons are soon in the right place... Perhaps we can even go visit? It's been a few years though... can I still use legs?

My chambermaid is insiting on me getting dressed. Why. I don't want to. I am royalty, why can't I just... skip it.

Why can't she be her, with me.

Rarity. How she would have enjoyed herself, trotting up and down the corridors, dissecting her dress with a doctor's eye for details, reading through all the tabloids, believing as gospel truth all that happened in Lady Windjammer's pavilion last Heart's warming.

And here I am, alone. Not enjoying it at all.

I miss her.

Entry #8-7

Journal... I have met somepony.