• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 1,255 Views, 11 Comments

Rarity Doesn't Investigate - Royale With Cheese



A what if of Rarity Investigates. What if Rarity never investigated who framed Rainbow Dash?

  • ...
4
 11
 1,255

Chapter 1

"P-please Rarity, you gotta help me!"

"Sorry Rainbow. I... I have no idea what to do in this situation!"

Soarin walks up to the two ponies. "Dash, if Spitfire isn't found in the next 10 hours, you're in deep trouble."

Rarity looks at Soarin and flutters her eyes. "Oh please, Soarin. She never did anything wrong."

Soarin sighs. "Sorry ma'am, but that 'pretty mare' look will not work in this type of situation."

"Look Soarin, I never did anything. Someone is trying to frame me!" Rainbow exclaims.

"Dash, again, all the evidence goes towards you. You sent our captain all the way to Crystal Mountains." Soarin said.

"Fine. I could fly all the way to the Crystal Mountains myself!" Rainbow flares her wings.

"Too late Dash, we've already sent a search team to go down there." Blaze said.

Rainbow groans.

Rarity looks back at Soarin. "Look, Mr. Soarin, I understand the bylaw and all that, but can you make a deal about the punishment?"

Soarin lifts a brow. "And that is?"

"Say, if Spitfire returns in 10 hours or less, Rainbow's punishment can be a few hard laps around the track, 200 push-ups, etcetera, depends how mad Spitfire is."

"And, if it's more than 10 hours." Rarity gulps. "Rainbow is kicked off the team or a bigger punishment than 200 push-ups."

"Rarity!" Rainbow gets her mouth blocked off by Rarity's hoof.

Soarin sighs. "Fine. But I have to warn you, Spitfire will not be happy."

Rainbow nods. "Fine, I understand."

"You can leave now. You'll know if we found Spitfire or not. If we don't find her in less than 10 hours, we'll send you a letter regarding for you to leave the Wonderbolts."

Rainbow nods and starts walking towards the door with Rarity.

"My daughter better be found." Stormy Flare sternly said.

A knock is heard at the door and Fleetfoot goes to answer it.

Rainbow sheepishly smiles. "Oh don't worry, Stormy, she-"

"I can't believe you would lie just to take over someone's spot, especially my daughters!" Stormy scoffed.

The door slams and Fleetfoot trots to in front of the group. "We might have to cancel our aerial display for today!"

"What, why?!" Misty Fly asked.

"Dumb question Misty, but I guess you wanna know why anyways." Fleetfoot glares at Dash. "It's probably because someone decided to think that it was fun to send our captain all the way to the Crystal Mountains thinking that her mother is sick!"

"Um, hello?! Aren't I supposed to be the emergency backup?" Rainbow asks.

"What makes you think that we're gonna fly with you after all this?!" Fleetfoot asks.

"Dash, you're lucky that it's just another opening of a royal garden, they're not as big as the Grand Galloping Gala. And you're also lucky that this situation isn't at the Grand Galloping Gala!" Soarin exclaims. "I suggest that you leave now."

Fleetfoot nods. "Yeah, and don't come back until you decide to be level headed instead of being stupid for once!"

"Oh yeah?! Don't come back to me until you can talk normally 'thtupid!'" Rainbow mocks.

Everybody gasps.

"You take that back!" Fleetfoot runs up to Rainbow and tackles her.

The two ponies scuffle it out on the floor before the rest of the gang splits them apart.

"Let me at her!" Fleetfoot tries to escape the grasp of the ponies keeping her back.

"Let go of me!" Rainbow angrily says.

"Let her go." Rarity says.

The ponies let her go and Rainbow quickly flies out of the room.

"I-I'm so sorry, she's never bursted out like that!" Rarity said.

"Don't be sorry, you didn't do anything wrong." Soarin said. "Now, I think you have an angry pegasus flying in the air."

Rarity nods trots out the door to the outside.

"Rainbow?" Rarity says while looking around. "Rainbow Dash?"

"Looking for an angry pegasi with a rainbow colored mane?" A townspony asks.

"Yes, yes I am! Do you know where she went?" Rarity asks.

"She flew towards that direction."

"To Ponyville? Perfect."


Rarity walks into Twilight's castle. "Twilight, have you seen..."

"Breathe in, breath out..." Starlight softly said to Rainbow who was sitting with her eyes closed, and slowly breathing. "Feeling better?"

"Starlight, I breathe everyday, how is that supposed to make me feel any better?" Rainbow asks.

"It's just breathing exercises to make you feel better." Starlight turns to Rarity. "Rarity, you were with Rainbow, tell me what happened."

Rarity gives out the whole explanation of what happened.

"Um, Rainbow, you made fun of Fleetfoot's lisp?" Twilight asks. "You know how rude that is? You getting accused is one thing, but making fun of someone's speech ability will just make it worse."

"Twilight, do you know how much I hate getting blamed for something I didn't do? It just slipped out, okay?" Rainbow said.

"Well, try to control yourself next time." Starlight said.

"Oh yeah! Well, at least..." Rainbow stops and breathes slowly. "I stopped myself right there. I'm stressed about this, my Wonderbolts career is on the line here!"

"Don't worry Rainbow, if you get kicked off of the Wonderbolts, leave it all up to me." Twilight said.

"Rainbow, the best cure for stress is to have a warm shower then go right to bed afterwards." Fluttershy continues. "This method helped me during the exam weeks in high school."

Rainbow chuckled. "Heh, I remember that, tough times. Well, looks like I'm going into the showers then hitting the hay."


Rainbow plops herself into her bed, mane all damp, and her body all warm from the nice shower.

"Oh, that's feels so good."

A few seconds later, she falls asleep.

Then, a couple minutes later, she wakes up from loud knocking at her door, echoing all throughout her house.

She gets up, and walks towards the door.

The knock was heard again, but this time it was even louder.

She slowly walks towards the door, to try to look through the peephole.

She stops when the knock on the door is heard again, followed by an angry, but familiar voice.

"Open up Crash!"

"S-Spitfire?" Dash whispers to herself.

"I know you're home, Crash. Your lights were on a few minutes ago!"

"Spitfire, can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm, uh, a little tired right now."

"Not tomorrow, right now! I heard what you said to Fleetfoot." Spitfire continues. "By the way, the whole Bolts gang is here with me, just in case if you don't answer and try to escape!"

"Dash, you have ten seconds to answer or we'll break down this door." Soarin says.

"Good luck, this door is pretty strong you know!" Dash said.

"Lets see about that!" Spitfire bellowed.

Spitfire bucks the door, which sends a metal piece of the door fall to the ground.

"Oh darn." Dash then flies off, hiding somewhere in her house.

A couple more bucks swings the door wide open, revealing the whole group and they all walk in.

"Cmon out Crash! Come and talk to me like a real mare!" Spitfire continues. "They found me in less than 10 hours, but I'm still pretty fucking angry what you put me through! I almost got killed in fact, and I heard what happened between you and Fleetfoot, which makes me even more angrier."

"If you wanted to talk, then why didn't you come here on your own!" Dash bellowed from somewhere in her house.

"Didn't your friend Rarity say that the punishment can depend on how angry Spitfire is?" Blaze said.

"So what? You're gonna gang beat me or something?" Dash asked.

"Maybe!" If you don't come on out on your own, we will!" Spitfire said. "If you don't come out, then you're kicked off the team!"

There was no answer.

"Oh, for fucks sake! Split up and find her!" Spitfire said.

A couple minutes later, Spitfire was still standing inside at the front of the house. A big blanket quickly covers her.

"Ahh! What the?!" She takes the blanket off of her, and sees Dash flying into the distance.

"She's escaped, lets get her!"

Rainbow looks back and sees the whole gang after her, she dives down under the clouds and flies into town.

The whole gang quickly follows.

Dash stays low on the ground, having many objects to quickly hide behind.

She then quickly flies into Applejack's barn.

She stays hidden for a few moments and ducks when a figure passes by her and lands on the ground a couple feet from her.

Dash tackles them to the ground.

"Ahh!" Silver Zoom bellows. "I found her in the barn!"

Dash on him with her body weight pushing onto him so he couldn't move.

"Were coming!" Yells out Spitfire.

Dash lifts her front hoof into the air. "I-I'm so sorry..."

"Wha-" Silver is interrupted when he gets a punch the the face.

"Ahh!"

Dash punches him again, and quickly flies out of the barn window.

Spitfire and the rest of the gang quickly enter the barn.

"Where is- Silver!" Spitfire runs up to the slightly battered Silver Zoom.

"Son of a bitch! She's taken this way to far!"

"What in the hay is going on?!" Applejack quickly storms in angrily but her expression changed when she say Silver Zoom.

She quickly runs up to Silver. "D-did Rainbow do this?"

"Yes. Indeed she did!" Spitfire responds.

"Here, y'all can come inside mah house, gotta give this poor fella an ice pack."


Applejack gives Silver an ice pack.

"Ah never suspected that ah would wake up in the middle of the night with the Wonderbolts in mah living room!" Applebloom said while setting down a pitcher of apple juice.

"A bunch of angry Wonderbolts, you don't wanna make us angry kiddo." Spitfire said.

Big Macintosh comes in through the front door. "Ah just notified Twilight, she ain't too happy 'bout gettin' woke up in the middle of the night like this, but, she has to do what she has to do."

Twilight walks in. "Alright, so what's go-" she stops and sees the the bruised face of Silver.

"D-did Rai-"

"Yes she did Twilight." Spitfire interrupted.

"Look, Spitfire, I'm so sorry, Rainbow has never erupted like this before." Twilight continues. "Are you sure that she was the one that set you up?"

"Well, the evidence says so."

Twilight yawns. "Look, Spitfire, I'm awfully tired. I can't wrap my brain around this at this time. Do you all want to meet at my castle in the morning?"

The Wonderbolts all nod there heads.

"Great, I'll see you then. Thanks Big Mac." Twilight then walks out.

"I guess we all should leave then also, and be back here in Ponyville around 10 tomorrow morning." Spitfire walks up to Silver and looks at his bruised face.

"If you didn't have an ice pack, your eye would be swollen shut, he does it feel?"

"It hurts."

"Yeah, you're not medically clear to fly."

Applejack walks up. "We have a spare bedroom, ah'll go set it up."

The rest of the Wonderbolts trot out of the house.

Wind Rider gets blocked off by the small filly.

"Ah just finally realized, yer the legendary Wind Rider!" Applebloom gleams. "Wanna put your signature in mah signature journal?"

Wind Rider chuckles. "Sure, I would love too. Little earth pony knows her Wonderbolts legends." He signs his signature in her journal.


"Now, since everyone is here, let's get started." Twilight said.

"Fluttershy and another pony by the name of Thunderlane went up to Rainbow's house to see if she's home."

The conversation of what happened continued.

Fluttershy and Thunderlane walked into the room.

"Rainbow Dash wasn't home, but she left a note." Fluttershy gives Twilight the note.

Twilight unfolds the note with her magic and reads it out loud. "I'm sorry for who I've hurt. I know I'm in deep trouble for what I've done, I'll be taking my leave from all of this. Your friend, Rainbow Dash. That's all it says."

"Ah, well don't worry, she'll be back in no time, she's the element of loyalty!" Applejack said.

"Yes, and when she gets back, take it easy on her, Spitfire." Twilight said.

"I'll try, you know how I am." Spitfire responds.

Wind Rider quietly mumbles something.

"Um, what's that Wind Rider?" Twilight asks.

"Oh, uh, nothing, I just have something in my throat, that's all..." Wind Rider said.

Spitfire glances at Wind Rider. "Wind, you've been pretty quiet this whole time, you have anything on your mind?"

"Uh, no I don't." He quickly responds.

"Ah yes you do. Ah'm the element of honesty, ah can tell if someone is lyin' from a mile away." Applejack continues. "The way how you answered her question quickly, and you've been eyeing yer glass of water this whole time. What's goin' on?"

"Nothing is going on." He responds.

"Liar liar, yer tail is on fire!"

Windy just shakes his head.

"And that facial expression too, it's telling us that you really need to tell somethin' very important."

Windy stands up. "Fine, this has been something that has been on my chest and it's gonna put me into some deep trouble."

"I was the one that gave Spitfire that letter, I was jealous of Rainbow. I didn't want my record to be beaten by her."

An utter silence fills the room.

Spitfire glares at him. "Leave now."

"Spitfire, I'm sorry..."

"Leave now, before I punch your face out..."

Wind Rider quickly gets up and walks towards the door.

"Oh, and by the way, you're off the Wonderbolts alumni."

Wind Rider then quickly walks out.

"Son of a bitch!"

"Spitfire, deep breath in, deep breath out." Starlight said.

Spitfire did what Starlight told her to do.

"You're just like my mother, that works every time on me." Spitfire said.

"Okay, well, we now know who the real culprit is, so if we spread the word that everything is safe for her now, she'll come back." Twilight said.

"Um, Sparkle, aren't you missing something? She made fun of my lisp and punched Silver Zoom." Fleetfoot responded.

"Oh, right. Rainbow Dash is very good at written apologies." Twilight said. "The one for Silver Zoom is going to be hard for her, I'll see what I can do."

"Alright gang, I'm still pissed off at Wind Rider, let's get something to eat." Spitfire said.

"Spitfire, come back here within a week, she'll be back." Twilight smiled.

"Will do, Princess."


Rainbow Dash was waiting in line for a ticket at the train station.

She looks at her new passport.

Name: Red Sprint

Hair and tail color: Bright Red

Eyes: Orange

Pony type: Pegasus

'Maybe, I'll start a new life there, make some new friends...'

"Next."

'...friends that'll never frame me. I'll be loyal with them.'

"NEXT!"

Rainbow snaps out of her thoughts at the sudden outburst.

She walks up to the train ticket booth.

"Heh, sorry. Um, I'll take a one way ticket to Trottingham, please."